You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 20

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 20

Chapter 52

    Prue woke and had to smile when she found Mandy still fast asleep cuddled up to her just like she used to as a child, when she would sneak in through the night. Prue slipped out from under Mandy’s arm and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before Mandy got up and needed the bathroom herself.

     “Morning mum, I hope you slept okay!” Prue heard Mandy shout as she entered the bathroom herself.

     “Good morning dear. I slept really well, just what the doctor ordered!” Prue giggled. “I’ll be done in a minute. Sorry for throwing out your routine.” Prue added.

     “Don’t worry about it mum. I’ve sorted you out with some clothes to wear; I left them on the bed along with some underwear.” Mandy said.

     “Thanks dear, I don’t know what I’d do without you.” Prue said sounding happy to have Mandy as a daughter. Prue was happy to have all the girl’s now even if she did have to sort out the misunderstanding with Chrissy.

    Mandy got in the shower when her mum got out, so Prue set about getting dressed while Mandy was showering. Prue liked to get dressed before having breakfast, where as Mandy always ate breakfast before getting dressed. This meant that they were both ready to head down for breakfast at the same time.

    Amy and Amber were already downstairs making a pot of tea and sorting out what they needed to make breakfast when Prue and Mandy entered the kitchen.

     “Good morning mum, Mandy.” Amy said as she ran over to give them both a hug.

     “Good morning Amy, Amber.” Prue said as she hugged Amy back and then looked over at Amber as she sorted out putting down all the things she’d just got out the fridge before she walked over to also give Prue and Mandy a hug as well.

     “Morning Mum, Mandy.” Amber smiled as she hugged them too. “There’s a pot of tea on the table, and breakfast will be ready shortly.” Amber added as she took hold of Amy’s hand and led her back over to carry on sorting out breakfast.

    Mandy had said good morning to Amy and Amber before walking over to the table and helping her mum to take a seat, then she set to work pouring them both a cup of tea out. Mandy asked if Amy and Amber wanted one, but they were both sharing a glass of juice as they sorted out breakfast.

     “Do you think Chrissy will be down soon?” Prue asked eager to get the trouble from yesterday sorted out.

     “Normally I’d say yes, but with her working at the club with Becky last night, it could be some time before we see her down here.” Mandy offered as a reason for them not seeing Chrissy already in the kitchen helping Amy and Amber with breakfast.

    Prue looked up just then as she saw the kitchen door open but it was Ann and Jayden walking in talking to each other about hotel stuff. They all said good morning to each other, and Prue smiled when she saw Amy run over and hug the two new comers just like she’d done with her and Mandy.

    Amy was soon running back over to carry on helping Amber with breakfast, while Ann and Jayden walked over and took a seat at the kitchen table. Mandy already had two cups of tea ready for Ann and Jayden by the time they sat down.

    Ann hugged her mug of tea in her hands and then drank from it like it was the best cup of tea she’d ever had. “MMM thanks Mandy that feels really good.” Ann said with a sigh.

     “Ann doesn’t function well until she’s had her first cup of tea remember.” Mandy said with a giggle as she reminded her mum.

     “Yes, I remember.” Prue also giggled as she remembered it from the times she’d stopped over while Chrissy was on her little holiday.

     “We can’t all wake up full of life like other members of the family.” Ann said with a frown as she looked over her shoulder at Amy and Amber dancing around to a song on the radio.

    Amy and Amber had heard what Ann said, so they both turned to look at Ann just before they both stuck their tongues out at her. Ann just giggled at them before doing the same, and then she lifted her mug to her lips to take another large sip from it.

    Prue found herself giggling even more as she watched the girl’s playing around with each other. Her attention was soon turning back to Mandy though, when she heard Mandy asking her a question.

     “How are things going between you and Frank mum?” Mandy asked with a smile. Mandy could see that her mum was eager to talk with Chrissy, and she wanted to try and keep her mum from worrying too much.

     “They're great, he so understands when I have to work long hours, and he always has time for me when I need him.” Prue said before she realised what she’d said.

    Mandy and the others all stopped what they were doing when they heard Prue speaking. They all started to giggle when they saw Prue’s cheeks turn a deep shade of red.

     “That Frank is such a dark horse.” Ann said with a grin just before taking another sip from her mug of tea.

     “I didn’t mean it like that. I just...” Prue couldn’t think of what she could say, that wouldn’t make it sound even worse, so she just shut her mouth and then picked her own mug of tea up and took a sip from it.

     “Don’t worry about it mum.” Mandy smiled. “We’re just glad to see you looking so happy, and Frank seems to be enjoying life a lot more now days as well.” Mandy added with an even bigger smile.

     “Brad was telling me just the other day that Frank’s not as grumpy with the other guys at the club anymore, so keep up the good work.” Ann said with a grin.

     “I plan to.” Prue said with a smirk, just before lifting her mug up to her lips again.

     “I gather you and Callum got all your problems sorted out the other night as well?” Mandy asked Jayden.

     “Yes we did.” Jayden replied with a big grin on her face as she thought about getting to spend the night with her very special boy/girl friend. “I’m not sure how he got on at work yesterday though. He had to leave hear wearing some of my underwear.” Jayden added the last bit for Prue, due to the puzzled look Prue was giving her.

     “Why was he wearing your underwear Jayden, if you don’t mind me asking?” Prue asked looking very interested.

     “Chrissy invited him over Sunday night for some dinner with us all, so she could say sorry for some trouble she’d caused on Saturday.” Jayden didn’t want to drag up the whole marriage was over thing again. “But it was Kara that turned up, not Callum.” Jayden added with a grin.

     “Kara is Callum’s female name mum.” Mandy said, just in case Prue didn’t already know that.

     “I’d worked that out dear.” Prue said with a knowing smile. “That still doesn’t explain the underwear thing though Jayden.” Prue pushed her on to complete the story.

     “In his eagerness to have an adventure and get over here to see me, Callum forgot to pack any clothes for himself.” Jayden said still grinning about it all. “Well I talked him into stopping the night, and we never gave any thought to him going to work the next day.” Jayden added with a giggle. “Luckily Carl had a spare suit he could use, and I had some thick woolly socks that helped him get in a pair of Carl’s shoes. The only thing we couldn’t give him was male underwear, so he ended up wearing some of mine.” Jayden smiled.

     “If he’s going out fully dressed now days, then I can’t see as wearing your underwear is going to worry him.” Prue said with a shrug just before taking another sip from her cup.

     “He still looked nervous when he left, and he told me that it scares him to think about being found out at work.” Jayden said.

     “I can understand that with the way people are losing their jobs at the minute.” Prue replied.


*****

    Chrissy woke to the soft touch of Becky’s lips on hers. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Becky’s deep brown eyes looking at her.

     “Morning baby, sorry to wake you, but it’s time to get up.” Becky said with a pout. “That is unless you’re planning to take the day off and keep me company?” Becky asked with a little hope seeping into her voice.

     “Morning lover.” Chrissy said with a smile as she had a stretch. “As good as that idea sounds. I don’t think Brad would be very happy when he turns up for you later and we’re still in bed.” Chrissy added with a raised eyebrow.

     “Trust you to shoot holes in my ideas.” Becky said just before leaning in to get another kiss from Chrissy before getting out of bed.

    Chrissy stopped Becky from getting up by wrapping her arms around her. “We could stay here for a little longer though.” Chrissy said.

     “No we can’t. I need to feed you before you leave for work with Mandy and Amy.” Becky said in a firm voice as she tried to pull herself free from Chrissy’s grip.

     “I’m not hungry this morning, so we can relax for a little longer, or maybe we can take a bubble bath together?” Chrissy asked looking hopeful this time.

    Becky looked at Chrissy with suspicion, then it hit her just what Chrissy was trying to do. “You’re just trying to get out of going down and facing mum!” Becky said as she pushed herself away from Chrissy and got out of bed. “What happened to the, I’m not going to worry about what Prue has to say’?” Becky asked mockingly.

     “I don’t know. Maybe I was feeling a lot braver last night when I said that.” Chrissy still wasn’t showing any sign of moving out of bed yet as she said it.

     “If you don’t get that cute little butt of yours out of bed and moving towards the bathroom, so I can help you get clean, so we can then go and get some breakfast.” Becky said as she pulled the covers back and stood with her hands on her hips waiting. “I’ll have to drag you out of bed and down stairs, and I’m not sure if that’s going to be very good for me or the babies.” Becky added, as she stepped forward and went to grab Chrissy’s arm.

     “Okay, okay, I’m getting up.” Chrissy said as she sat up in bed and flung her legs over the edge. “That’s blackmail you know.” Chrissy added with a huff.

     “You can call it whatever you want baby.” Becky smiled as she helped Chrissy to stand up. “Now let’s go and make sure we clean all them little hard to reach places.” Becky added with a purr just before kissing Chrissy again.

    Chrissy felt a lot more relaxed when she got back to the bedroom after taking a shower with Becky. Chrissy also felt very clean as well.

     “Are you not going to have breakfast before you get dressed?” Becky asked Chrissy when she saw her starting to sort out her work clothes.

     “No, I’m already running late as it is Becky, if I go down and have breakfast then come back up to get dress, I’ll never get to see my mum and dad before we need to get to the shop.” Chrissy said as she looked at the time.

     “I think you’re just trying to find reasons to not go down and talk to our mum.” Becky said with her hands on her hips looking unimpressed with Chrissy’s excuse. “Now put down that blouse and put your bathrobe back on. You’re having breakfast before you get dressed.” Becky added in a bossy voice as she picked up Chrissy’s bathrobe and held it open for her to slip on.

     “Please Becky; don’t argue with me about this. I’m already running late as it is.” Chrissy whined.

     “Well the sooner you stop being silly and put this on.” Becky shuck the bathrobe as she spoke. “The sooner we go and get some breakfast.” Becky added with a smile.

    Chrissy just let out a sigh and laid the blouse back down on the bed before slipping her hands into the bathrobe and letting Becky turn her around so she could wrap it around the front and tie the belt off to keep it shut.

     “Don’t look at me like that either.” Becky said when she saw the look Chrissy shot at her. “Mandy and Amy will still be wearing their bathrobes as well, so you won’t be keeping them waiting.” Becky added with a grin, just before giving Chrissy a quick peck on the cheek and dragging her out the bedroom and down to the kitchen.

    Chrissy stopped just outside the kitchen and took a couple of deep breaths before letting Becky drag her into the kitchen.

    Prue looked at the kitchen door when she saw it swing open and then she watched as Becky walked into the room dragging Chrissy along just behind her.

     “Good morning Becky, Chrissy.” Prue said with a smile as she looked at each of them.

     “Morning mum. It’s nice to find you here for breakfast.” Becky smiled back at Prue. “Morning everyone!” Becky added as she looked around the room.

     “Morning Prue.” Chrissy mumbled as she stayed glued to Becky’s side as they stood just inside the kitchen. “I hope you don’t mind me calling you Prue?” Chrissy asked looking a little worried that even using her first name might be too personal still.

     “I’d rather you not Chrissy. I want to...” Was all Prue got out before Chrissy spoke again cutting her off mid sentence.

     “Sorry Mrs Walker.” Chrissy said, but then she suddenly looked up again with anger. “No, that’s a lie, I’m not sorry” Chrissy spat out as she looked Prue in the eyes. “I think you were dead wrong yesterday, I’d never do anything to hurt Becky on purpose. I know I was wrong to say what I did on Saturday, but I was hurting and not thinking straight, but we got it all sorted out.” Chrissy spilled out in one long sentence

    Prue went to speak again, but Chrissy wasn’t done yet, so Prue just sat there and let her get it off her chest.

     “You can think what you want of me, but I will be here for Becky and the babies.” Chrissy was close to tears now she’d spoke her mind. “I know you don’t think much of me anymore, and I can’t say I blame you, but I will be here until Becky’s had enough of me no matter what you think.” Chrissy added, not really feeling any better for saying it.

    Prue and all the others were stood or sat with stunned looks on their faces. None of them thought Chrissy had it in her to stand up to Prue, or anyone for that matter, but she just had.

    Chrissy turned to leave the kitchen not feeling very hungry anymore. And she really wasn’t in the mood to sit and play nice with Mandy’s mum. Becky wouldn’t let go of Chrissy’s arm to let her leave the room.

     “Please let me go Becky, I don’t want any breakfast now.” Chrissy said as she tried to tug her arm free of Becky’s grip.

     “No Chrissy. You will sit down and have some breakfast, or I’ll come with you and go without.” Becky said looking stubborn about it.

     “That’s fighting dirty Becky and you know it.” Chrissy said with a frown, but she let Becky lead her over to the table and they both sat down.

     “Chrissy, can I please have a word with you now?” Prue asked in a calm voice, not wanting to upset Chrissy any more than she already had.

     “Why, did you forget something yesterday?” Chrissy asked sounding very sarcastic.

     “Chrissy! Will you please shut up and let mum speak to you.” Mandy barked at Chrissy through gritted teeth.

    Chrissy was about to tell Mandy that Prue wasn’t her mum anymore, but she stopped when she saw the look Mandy was giving her, so Chrissy just sat looking at Prue waiting to hear what she’d got to say.

     “Thank you Mandy.” Prue said as she looked over at Mandy and smiled. “Chrissy I want to clear up the misunderstanding from yesterday, and again this morning.” Prue started. “I used poor wording yesterday when I came to the shop and spoke to you. I never meant to let you think I didn’t want you as a daughter anymore, and I would never think you able to hurt Becky on purpose.” Prue said with some pleading in her voice.

     “It all seemed pretty clear to me.” Chrissy said, but stopped speaking again when she felt Becky squeeze her hand under the table.

     “Like I said Chrissy, I used poor wording to get my point across. I’m just worried that all the upset and stress could do more damage than you realise.” Prue was pleading even more now as she spoke. “I just don’t want to see the pair of you get hurt like that.”

     “Why did you say that you didn’t want me to call you Prue then just now?” Chrissy asked still looking puzzled by it all.

     “You never let me finish speaking Chrissy. I was about to say I would still like you to call me mum.” Prue said with a smile. “You never gave me time to finish talking to you yesterday either, but that is more my fault than yours.” Prue added. “It wasn’t one of my better ideas, coming to see you while at work.” Prue shrugged in such a way that said she was only human and prone to making mistakes.

    Chrissy sat looking at Prue, and then she looked around the table before looking down at her lap as she realised just how foolish she felt now, after her little outburst.

     “So you really still want me to call you mum then?” Chrissy asked still looking down at her own lap.

     “Yes” Prue said in a firm voice.

     “And you don’t hate me?” Chrissy asked.

     “No, not even a little bit.” Prue chuckled.

     “I’m sorry for calling you Prue just now then mum.” Chrissy said as she looked up at Prue sat across the table from her.

     “I have warned you in the past about that.” Prue said looking a little angry with Chrissy. “But come and give me a hug and I’ll let you off this time.” Prue added as she sat back and held her arms open for Chrissy to come and get a hug.

    Chrissy jumped up and ran around the table before falling onto Prue’s lap and letting her wrap Chrissy in a warm embrace. “I’m sorry mum, I’m so sorry for disappointing you.” Chrissy said as she started sobbing into Prue’s shoulder.

     “You could never disappoint me Chrissy. I’m just a little sad you could think me able to disown you so easily.” Prue sighed as she hugged Chrissy.

     “Is everything good again now?” Mandy asked as she watched Chrissy hugging her mum.

     “Yes, everything is good again.” Prue said with a smile, as she stroked the back of Chrissy’s hair while she sobbed.

    Becky got up and walked around the table to get Chrissy back to her seat so they could all eat their breakfast. Prue filled Chrissy and Becky in on what she’d found out about some cancer research being done into the kind of Cancer Greg had. This made Chrissy smile when she was told it could add a little time to Greg’s life.

     “I don’t want you to go pinning all your hope on this new drug Chrissy. Nothing can be guaranteed when it comes to cancer.” Prue warned when she saw how excited Chrissy was getting over the news.

     “I know that mum, but any extra time I can get with my dad will be great.” Chrissy said with a grin. “You’re so amazing mum.” Chrissy added with an even bigger grin.

    Prue smiled, hearing Chrissy say that. “I’d have come round to see you last night straight from the surgery, but I had to meet with these people, and they don’t like to be held up, or put off. I hope you understand that Chrissy.” Prue said.

     “Don’t worry about it mum, I understand fully why you couldn’t get round last night before I left for work with Becky.” Chrissy said as she waved off Prue’s excuse.

    Once they had finished breakfast and all had a second cup of tea, Mandy, Amy and Chrissy all went up to get dressed while Ann and Jayden left for work after giving all the others a hug. Prue helped Becky wash and dry the dishes while she waited for the others to come back down stairs.

     “I’m sorry for all the trouble you must have had with Chrissy last night.” Prue said as she dried a plate.

     “Don’t worry about it mum, I’m just happy that it was all a misunderstanding.” Becky smiled. “Chrissy was heartbroken when she thought you’d disowned her.” Becky added looking sad.

     “I got a good telling off from Kim about it when she finally stopped me long enough to tell me I’d upset Chrissy. I was in two minds whether to go and meet them research people, or come here and sort things out with Chrissy. Prue said with a frown.

     “I think Chrissy was glad you went to see the research people.” Becky giggled.

     “Yes, it did look that way.” Prue also giggled when she thought about how excited Chrissy had got over the news.

     “Are things back to normal between the two of you again now?” Prue asked.

     “Even better mum, I cleared the air and also explained the reasons for my behaviour.” Becky sighed. “Chrissy said I was being silly.” Becky added with a giggle.

     “I think Chrissy is an expert in silly.” Prue said with a grin.

     “I can’t argue with that mum.” Becky giggled some more.

    Chrissy had just stepped out of her and Becky’s bedroom when she heard Amy scream her name and come running down the hallway towards her. “Hi Big sister Chrissy. You feeling okay again now?” Amy asked as she threw her arms around Chrissy and hugged her.

     “Hello baby sister.” Chrissy giggled as she hugged Amy back. “Yes I’m feeling fine again now.” Chrissy added as she looked Amy in the eyes with a smile.

     “I was shocked and impressed when you stood up to mum down stairs earlier. I didn’t know you had it in you.” Amy said looking very proud of Chrissy.

     “I was very impressed too.” Came Mandy’s voice from just behind them. Both Chrissy and Amy turned their heads to see Mandy stood in the doorway to her bedroom smiling at them. “You got room for one more in that hug?” Mandy asked with a pout.

     “We can always make room for one more sis.” Chrissy said with a grin as her and Amy opened up the hug so Mandy could join it.

     “I can’t think of a better way to start the day than to get a hug of two of my sisters.” Mandy smiled as she let Chrissy and Amy wrap their arms around her, as she did the same to them.

    Prue and Becky were sat at the kitchen table chatting about babies when Chrissy, Amy and Mandy entered the kitchen giggling at each other. Prue looked up and smiled when she saw how much happier Chrissy looked now, to how she looked when she first came down with Becky earlier.

    Becky walked them all to the door so she could see them off before she went to get ready for when Brad came round to pick her up. She and Chrissy had left saying anything to any of the others until Brad and Becky turned up at the shop to ask Amy for her sister’s hand in marriage. Chrissy and Becky were both looking forward to seeing the look on Amy’s face when Brad asked her.

    Prue walked over to her car chatting to Mandy and Amy, so Chrissy could say a proper goodbye to Becky. “We better keep up the pretence that I won’t be seeing you in a little while.” Chrissy whispered as she hugged Becky.

     “I don’t care if you’re just going out for five minutes baby. I’d still want a hug and a kiss from you.” Becky said with a pout, just before kissing Chrissy deeply on the lips.

     “I’m glad to hear that, now go and get ready, but don’t go rushing, or trying to do too much.” Chrissy said in a bossy voice, but she was smiling as she said it.

     “I love it when you boss me around.” Becky said with a grin. “It looked like you were having fun last night bossing Mark and the other bouncers around as well.” Becky added with an even bigger grin.

     “It was fun helping you run the club, but I did miss not having you with me when I was sorting bits out for you while you were off sorting out something else.” Chrissy pouted, just before kissing Becky again.

     “I’ll try and stay with you then tonight while you work.” Becky purred as they broke the kiss. “I’ll even make sure we do some checks of the dance floor as well, so we can keep Amy happy.” Becky added with a grin, knowing that Amy would want to drag Chrissy down onto the dance floor when they all went to the club later.

     “She’ll be glad about that baby.” Chrissy smiled. “Oh well, I better see about going, or I’ll never get round to Mable’s.” Chrissy added as she looked at her watch.

     “Give mum and dad a hug from me and tell them I’m sorry for not being able to get round to see them today, but I’ll call in tomorrow.” Becky said, knowing that she wouldn’t have time to sort out things with brad and still grab a couple of hours sleep before she had to start dinner for everyone.

     “I will baby, and I know they’ll understand you not being able to call in and see them every day.” Chrissy said as she gave Becky a final hug before skipping over to where Mandy and Amy were still chatting with Prue.

    Prue had turned to look at Chrissy and Becky saying goodbye to each other before looking back at Mandy and Amy to speak. “You wouldn’t believe that a couple of days ago there was talk of their marriage being over.”

     “That’s Chrissy and Becky for you mum.” Mandy said with a smile. “I’m happy to see them like this again, but I must admit that I was a little worried for Chrissy when she had a go at you this morning.”

     “I thought you were going to take Chrissy across your knee again when she called you Prue instead of mum.” Amy added with a worried look for her sister.

     “I won’t lie and say I wasn’t temped to, but I was glad in a way that she was brave enough to stand up to me.” Prue said with pride. “That doesn’t mean I won’t take her, or any of you across my knee in the future though, for doing the same thing.” Prue added with a warning look at each of the girls.

    Mandy and Amy both looked worried for a second or two, but smiled when Chrissy skipped over and threw her arms around Prue’s neck and kissed her on the cheek.

     “Love you mum.” Chrissy giggled.

     “I love you too dear.” Prue smiled back at her. “Now I better let you get off so you can go and spend some time with your other mum and dad before you have to get to work.” Prue added as she stepped back and lightly tapped Chrissy on the behind to get her moving towards Mandy’s car.

    Chrissy just giggled as she ran off dragging Amy along with her. Chrissy helped Amy get in the back of Mandy’s car before she got in the front. Mandy got in after speaking to her mum again. “I’ll see you in a couple of minutes round at Mable’s then mum.” Mandy smiled.

     “Okay dear, I’ll see you there. Drive safe.” Prue said just before she got in her own car.

    Becky waved to both cars as they drove out the driveway, then she returned to the house so she could go and get ready for when Brad turned up.

 

Chapter 53

    Chrissy was quick to jump out Mandy’s car when they pulled up outside Mable’s. She dragged Amy out the car, and then ran up the driveway to ring the doorbell. Mandy just got out at her normal pace, not even trying to keep up with the other two. Mandy waited at the side of her car as she watched her mum pull up and park just behind her.

    Mable smiled when she saw Chrissy and Amy grinning at her after she opened the door to them. “Good morning Mable.” Both girls said at the same time as they jumped forward and hugged Mable at the same time.

     “Good morning dears.” Mable chuckled as she hugged the two of them back. “You both look extremely happy this morning.” Mable added as she broke the hug and stepped back to give the two girls a once over.

     “Why wouldn’t we be?” Chrissy asked with a puzzled look.

     “I was talking to Vic over breakfast, and he said you weren’t doing so good last night when he dropped you off at home.” Mable said with some worry in her voice.

     “Don’t you mean her?” Chrissy asked with a grin. Referring to the fact that Vic was dressed as Vicky when he dropped her and Becky off at home after the club the night before.

     “You know what I mean Chrissy, and stop trying to avoid the subject.” Mable said with a frown as she put her hands on her hips. “That trick doesn’t work on me, and you know it.” Mable added waiting for an answer to her question.

     “A girl can try.” Chrissy said with a weak smile. “It turned out to be a simple misunderstanding between myself and Pr... I mean mum.” Chrissy said quickly stopping herself from saying Prue’s name. Chrissy looked over her shoulder expecting to find Prue stood there looking angry, but she was just starting to walk up the driveway with Mandy hugging her arm as they talked to each other.

     “I’m glad you got it sorted out. I thought I’d have to sit the pair of you down and get it sorted out myself.” Mable said looking all business like as she said it.

     “No need for that Mable.” Chrissy said with a slight panic in her voice as she thought about Mable sitting her and Prue down in front of her like two naughty school girls being told off by a head mistress. Chrissy already knew that Prue was just as scared of Mable as the rest of them were.

     “Okay then. Go and say good morning to your mum and dad.” Mable said as she stepped aside and let Chrissy and Amy enter the house.

    Chrissy and Amy ran past Mable, but soon stopped running when they heard her shout at them to walk. Mable had to chuckle again when both Chrissy and Amy said. “Sorry miss.” Like a couple of school kids being told off by a teacher.

     “Hello Mable. I hope you’re feeling okay on this fine morning?” Prue asked as she got to where Mable was still stood looking back into the house where Chrissy and Amy had just walked out of sight.

     “Good morning Prue, Mandy.” Mable smiled back at them as she turned her head back to face the two of them. “I’m fine, how are the two of you? I hear you had some trouble with Chrissy again.” Mable added with a raised eyebrow.

     “Yes, but it was all my fault this time.” Prue said with a sigh. “I used poor wording when I called in at the shop yesterday to tell Chrissy off about all the trouble over the weekend.” Prue added looking guilty.

     “They got it all sorted out though this morning Mable, so their back to being mother and daughter again.” Mandy smiled.

     “Yes, so I hear. Pity really, I had a whole speech worked out for the pair of them.” Mable said with a sigh.

     “I’m glad we got it all sorted out then.” Prue said looking worried.

    Mandy just stifled a giggle when she saw the worried look on her mums face. She was happy to see that Mable scared her mum just as much as she scared the rest of them. “Shall we go and see how the others are doing then?” Mandy asked Mable, trying to change the subject before her mum found some reason to get her in trouble with Mable as well, when she saw the look her mum shot her.

    Chrissy and Amy walked into the dining room and found Jenna trying to get Cathleen ready for school. David was sat with Kim at the dining table, it looked like they were making the most of the little time they had left before David had to leave for work. Holly was just sorting out Greg’s pills, so the girls decided to help Jenna get Cathleen ready for school so as not to disturb her.

     “Do you need any help Jenna?” Chrissy asked with a smile, as she bent down to start putting on Cathleen’s shoe’s for her.

     “You can take the child with you if you want her.” Jenna said as she gave Cathleen a dirty look. “I just don’t know what gets into her some mornings.” Jenna added with a sigh.

     “Are you making trouble for your mummy?” Chrissy asked looking very serious all of a sudden. “That’s a shame Cathleen, I was just talking to uncle Carl last night about hiring a bouncy castle for the Barbecue we’re planning in a couple of weeks.” Chrissy added with a sigh. “Guess I better call and cancel it if you’re not going to be a good little girl for your mummy.” Chrissy added as she shook her head from side to side.

    Chrissy wasn’t sure who looked and sounded more excited about the news, Cathleen, or Amy. They both shouted, “Bouncy Castle” together and started grinning.

     “I be good aunty Chrissy, I be real good from now on.” Cathleen said with pleading eyes.

     “I be good to aunty Chrissy.” Amy said with a pout as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy.

     “What you do wrong aunty Amy?” Cathleen asked, looking happy that she wasn’t the only one in trouble for something.

     “She’s not done anything wrong that I know off.” Chrissy said with a puzzled look towards Amy. “Or have you done something wrong?” Chrissy asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I’m sure I must have done something wrong sis.” Amy said with a grin as she looked up at Chrissy from where she’d fell to her knees, so she could help Chrissy get Cathleen’s shoes on her feet.

     “You silly aunty Amy.” Cathleen giggled.

     “Do you know what silly people like to do Cathleen?” Amy asked with wide scary looking eyes.

     “No’s, what do silly people’s like to do?” Cathleen asked looking very serious as she said it in a low voice like it was a big secret.

     “They like to tickle little girls for being naughty to their mummies.” Amy said as she started tickling Cathleen like mad.

    Cathleen was soon giggling and trying to get away from Amy and her hands, but she was giggling too much to do anything other than twist around on the chair. All the others looking on as they watched Cathleen and Amy play around.

    Jenna was able to finish getting herself ready for work while Amy and Cathleen kept each other entertained, and Chrissy had got Cathleen’s other shoe on before getting up and going over to sit next to her dad for a bit before she had to leave again so she could get to work ready for when Becky and Brad turned up.

     “Hi dad, how you feeling today?” Chrissy asked as she leaned over to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Chrissy never even thought about how her dad used to treat her when he first found out about her being different. She just loved being able to spend time with both her parents again.

     “Better now I see that you’re doing okay again.” Greg smiled as he hugged Chrissy back. “Vic said you and Prue had words yesterday, and I was worried you’d be looking a little gloomy today.” Greg added as he sat back to get a better look at Chrissy to make sure she wasn’t just putting on a brave face.

     “Really, I’m fine dad.” Chrissy smiled. “Mum stopped the night, so we could sort it all out this morning, and we did.” Chrissy added just as Prue walked into the room with Mandy and Mable walking in just behind her.

    Greg saw Prue walk into the room and then he saw Chrissy look over at her with a big smile. Greg could see from that, that everything must be alright again between the two of them. Chrissy wasn’t that good at acting.

     “It was just a simple misunderstanding daddy.” Chrissy said in a little girl voice as she turned back to look at her dad with a big smile still on her face.

     “Good morning Greg. How are you feeling this morning?” Prue asked as she walked over and sat on the other side of the table and started fishing around in her bag for something.

    Greg started to explain in detail to Prue how he was feeling and then Holly would add bits when Greg tried to play them down. Chrissy didn’t understand most of what they talked about, and she didn’t want to hear about most of it anyway, so she was happy when Kim spoke to her.

     “I see you got everything sorted out with Prue then.” Kim smiled as she slid around the table so they could talk a little easier to each other.

     “Yes we did.” Chrissy smiled. “I’m glad I was wrong about it all. Well the being disowned part anyway. I know I’ve been a bitch about all the other stuff mum said yesterday.” Chrissy added with a sigh.

     “Prue wasn’t trying to make you feel bad yesterday Chrissy. She’s just worried about how all the stress is affecting Becky.” Kim said as she pulled Chrissy into her large arms and hugged her close. “I think she just wanted to shock some sense into you.” Kim added as she kept hugging her.

    Chrissy loved it when Kim hugged her. Chrissy always felt like a small child due to Kim being so much bigger than she was. “It worked Kim. I’m going to be on my best behaviour from now on.” Chrissy said sounding very sure of herself.

     “That sounds pretty boring for you though shrimp. How will we cope?” Kim said the last bit with a gasp, just before she started giggling.

     “Boring sounds pretty good to me right now.” Chrissy giggled back as she let Kim carry on hugging her.

    Chrissy, Amy and Mandy stopped long enough to have a cup of tea and see Jenna leave with Cathleen, so she could get her to school before heading into work herself. Then they left to get over to the shop so they could make a start on the orders for the hotel changing service and then the internet orders after that.

    Once at the shop they got stuck in, but Amy was beginning to think something was going on. Every time the front door sounded, Chrissy would look round like she was expecting someone to be stood there.

     “You expecting someone sis?” Amy asked after seeing Chrissy whip her head round to look at the front door for the tenth time.

     “No! Not really baby sister.” Chrissy said looking a little more worried than she should have. “I’m just keeping an eye out to see who’s coming in the shop.” Chrissy added trying to sound a little more relaxed this time.

     “Okay.” Amy said in a drawn out way, like she really thought Chrissy was losing her marbles. “I think Mandy can keep an eye on the shop front thought sis, while we get the orders sorted out.” Amy added as she wandered off to the back of the shop to add the bits she had in her hands to the pile they had been making in the back room.

    Amy wasn’t the only one to think that Chrissy was acting a little odder than normal. Mandy had also noticed it, she also found herself looking at the front door expecting to see someone they all knew come in every time it sounded to let them know they had a visitor.


*****

    Becky had got dressed and was just sorting out what to do for dinner when she got back later when she heard the doorbell, so she walked to the front door and opened it to find Brad stood there smiling at her.

     “Morning boss.” Brad said.

     “Good morning Brad. So are you ready to get started on this life changing task?” Becky asked with a grin.

     “Yes, I hope so.” Brad said looking worried all of a sudden.

     “You still worried that she might say no to you big guy?” Becky asked, as she wa ndered back to the table in the middle of the hallway, so she could grab her purse before walking back to the alarm system and arming it before following Brad out the house and locking up.

     “Yes, but I don’t know why.” Brad said looking puzzled.

     “It’s called being human Brad. All we can do is throw our hearts out there and see if they get hurt, or returned to us stronger than they were when we first threw them.” Becky smiled as she followed Brad over to his truck.

    Brad opened the passenger door and then turned around to face Becky again, just before he picked her up and sat her in the truck. “You make it sound so brutal when you put it that way boss.” Brad said as he helped her with the seatbelt.

     “I thought you’d like it more if I added a little bit of violence to the story.” Becky said with a grin. “I could start quoting poetry, but I didn’t think you’d like that any better.” Becky added with an even bigger grin.

     “No, no. The first way sounded just fine.” Brad said looking worried that Becky was about to start talking about meadows and other stuff he thought poets went on about.

    Becky looked on with a smile as she watched him run around to the driver’s side of his truck and jumped in. “I hope you don’t mind us using my truck? I didn’t think you’d want to drive.” Brad asked as he put the key in the ignition and started the truck up.

     “Not at all Brad. I doubt you’d get any funny looks from angry drivers when you try to park.” Becky said, thinking about the times she’d been piped and shouted at for taking too long to park her car while out shopping.

     “Even I get piped boss, but they soon drive on when they see me get out and look at them.” Brad said with an evil grin. “I’ve only ever had one person shout at me, but he was quick to apologise once he saw me walking over to his car to talk to him a little quieter.” Brad added with a chuckle as he thought about the memory.

     “You can be so bad sometimes Brad.” Becky said looking shocked as she playfully slapped him on the arm.

    Brad just chuckled some more as he pulled out of the drive and made his way over to the shop, so they could talk to Amy. Becky hadn’t had time to chat with Amber about anything, but she’d have more time once Amy was in on everything. Becky wasn’t worried about the ring size for Ann as Ann had tried Becky’s wedding ring on, on more than one occasion in the past and it was a perfect fit.

    Amy was just making her way back into the back room at the shop when she heard the bell over the shop door sound, so she turned to see whom it was and looked worried when she saw Becky and Brad enter the shop.

     “What’s wrong Becky? Is Ann and Amber alright?” Amy asked looking even more worried with the fact that they had both come to the shop. “Oh no it’s not dad is it?” Amy added looking even more worried as she looked back to where Chrissy was in the back room finishing off the orders for the changing service.

     “Amy, Amy, calm down.” Becky said in a calm voice as she made her way up the shop to where Amy had stopped, looking scared to death. “Everybody is fine baby sister. Brad just called in to have a chat with you about something.” Becky added as she pulled a very shaky Amy in to her arms for a hug.

    Chrissy and Mandy came running out the back room when they heard all the shouting. Mandy looked puzzled to see Becky and Brad, but Chrissy just smiled as she made her way down the shop to where Becky was hugging Amy with Brad stood just behind them. Mandy was thinking the same as Amy had. Someone had been hurt, but she couldn’t work out why Chrissy still looked so calm about everything.

     “You knew they were calling in didn’t you?” Mandy asked Chrissy as she worked out why Chrissy had been looking at the shop door every time she heard the bell sound.

     “Yes I did sis, sorry about not saying anything, but I didn’t want you or Amy asking me too many questions about it.” Chrissy said looking sorry for upsetting Mandy and Amy.

    Amy had calmed down again and heard what Chrissy had just said, so she took a couple of deep breaths and then stepped away from Becky, so she could look at Brad.

     “Okay Brad, what do you want to talk about? Have I upset you in some way?” Amy asked.

     “No, nothing like that Amy. I just wanted to ask you something very important.” Brad said with a nervous smile. “Can we go and sit in the back room so we can talk?” Brad asked as he put one arm on Amy’s back, and pointed the other one towards the back room where Chrissy and Mandy had just come from.

     “Okay, I guess so.” Amy said still looking very nervous about it all, but not as nervous as Brad was looking.

    Mandy followed just behind Amy and Brad, while Chrissy brought up the rear with an arm wrapped around Becky’s waist.

    Once in the back room Brad led Amy over to the table and helped her to take a seat while Chrissy helped Becky take another seat. Chrissy and Mandy went back to sorting out the orders for the changing service while Brad spoke with Amy.

     “I’m sorry I’ve made you worry Amy, but I just felt like I really needed to have a chat with you, and also ask for you permission to do something.” Brad said looking nervous still.

     “My permission to do what Brad?” Amy asked sounding worried now.

     “I’m very much in love with your sister Amy, and I was hoping you would give me your blessing, so I can ask for her hand in marriage.” Brad asked with a sigh.

     “You’re asking me if it’s okay to marry my sister?” Amy asked very slowly, not sure if she’d just heard him right.

     “Yes I am.” Brad said looking worried again. “As her only blood relative still in her life. I thought it only right that I come and ask you if it was okay for me to become part of your family.” Brad added looking hopeful of the answer.

     “I already think of you as my big brother Brad, so yes, yes, yes!” Amy shouted with a grin as she jumped up and threw her arms around Brad’s neck as she hugged him.

    Brad let out a little chuckle as he hugged Amy back while she calmed down again. Chrissy and Mandy both gave Brad a hug before taking a seat at the table, so they could find out what the next move was.

     “Thank you Amy. I’ll be the best husband I can be to your sister, and the best big brother you could ever ask for.” Brad said as he helped Amy take her seat again. “I just hope Ann says yes to me now.” Brad added with a nervous smile.

     “I think we all know she’s going to say yes to you brad.” Amy said with a grin. “When are you going to ask her?” Amy asked looking excited.

     “Chrissy’s going to sort out a barbecue at your home. So I can go down on one knee and ask her there.” Brad said with a smile as he looked over at Chrissy sat cuddling with Becky while she had the chance.

     “I like that idea sis.” Amy smiled. “Is that what you want the bouncy castle for?” Amy asked, as she remembered what Chrissy had said at Mable’s this morning while they were helping Jenna get Cathleen dressed ready for school.

     “Yes it is baby sister. I thought Ann would catch on if Brad took her out for a fancy meal. This way we all get to see it happen, and it will be a total shock to Ann at the same time.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “Do you have a ring yet?” Amy asked Brad.

     “No not yet. Becky and I are going to sort it out when we leave here.” Brad said sounding nervous again. “Carl gave Becky an address for a place to go and get it sorted out.” Brad added.

    Becky had told him about Carl giving her a business card, but not about him buying the ring for Brad. Becky didn’t want to have an argument with Brad before she needed to about him not wanting Carl to pay for it.

     “I wish I could come with you and help you pick it out for her.” Amy said with hurt in her voice. But she knew that Mandy and Chrissy needed her at the shop.

     “Then why don’t you go with them baby sister?” Mandy smiled. “Chrissy and I can hold down the fort for a couple of hours while you go with Becky and Brad.” Mandy added.

     “Can I really?” Amy asked with excitement.

     “Yes, really. Just remember to come back at some point today.” Mandy said with a frown.

    Amy let out a squeal and then jumped up so she could give Mandy a hug, then she gave Chrissy one as well.

     “I know this is going to be hard for you to do Amy, but we need you to keep this a secret from Ann until the barbecue.” Chrissy said as she broke the hug with Amy.

     “When is the barbecue?” Amy asked.

     “I guess we could try and sort it out for this Sunday, but that will depend on whether or not Brad has the ring by then.” Chrissy said as she looked at the others to see if they could see any problems with having everything ready by Sunday.

     “I can’t see any problems with having it all ready for this Sunday, but you’ll need to sort out the bouncy castle, or Cathleen won’t be happy.” Mandy said with a frown at Chrissy. “Chrissy and I will make a list during lunch and get to work sorting everything out.” Mandy added in a matter of fact way.

     “We better go and sort out a ring then, or this will all be for nothing.” Becky said as she got up from the table and made her way out to the front of the shop with Chrissy at her side.

    Chrissy walked with Becky out to Brad’s truck parked right outside the shop, then she stepped back while Brad picked Becky up and placed her in the front passenger seat of the truck. Brad then helped Amy to get in the back seat before he walked around to the driver’s side and got in. Chrissy and Mandy stood and waved to them as they drove off down the road, then they went back inside to finish off the orders and wait for Linda to turn up for them, and to drop off lunch.


*****

    Becky told Brad the address of the jewellery shop Carl had told her to take him to, and Brad punched it into his sat nav system. Then they set of in the direction it told them to go. Amy soon had them both laughing from the back seat when she started asking, “Are we there yet?” in a child like voice.

     “Just think boss, you’ve got all that to come for real soon.” Brad said with a smile as her looked down at Becky’s hands rubbing the small bump of a belly she now had, while they were stopped at a set of traffic lights.

     “I think it will be some time before they’re ready to start bugging us as to when we’ll be arriving places.” Becky said as she looked over towards the back seat where Amy was sat grinning at her.

     “It’s not too late to take her back to Chrissy and Mandy.” Brad said with a raised eyebrow and a wink to let Becky know he was only joking.

     “No! Please don’t do that.” Amy pleaded with Brad. “I won’t say another word until we get there.” She added looking hopeful.

    Brad and Becky just looked at each other and then burst out laughing as they must have had the same thought. “You, be quiet for that length of time? Not possible.” Brad said with more laughter.

     “Hey! I can be quiet when I want to.” Amy said sounding a little hurt at Brad’s comment.

     “You’re kind of proving you can’t right now little sister.” Brad said, pointing out the fact that Amy was still speaking to them.

     “Okay then, starting from now I’ll be quiet until we reach the jewellery shop.” Amy said as she sat back in her seat and folded her arms across her chest, looking determined to do as she’d just said.

    Brad looked at her in the rear view mirror and smiled just before he spoke again. “I’m not very sure about Amy being able to keep this all a secret you now boss. I mean she can’t be quiet for two minutes.”

     “I won’t let Ann find out Brad.” Amy shot out before she realised what she was doing. When she did, she sat back and clamped her hands over her mouth and mumbled what sounded like “sorry” through them.

     “I think you may have a point Brad.” Becky said with a raised eyebrow as she looked at Amy sat in the back of Brad’s truck with her hands over her mouth. “I think Ann will realise something is wrong if you spend the rest of the week doing that while around her.” Becky added with a giggle.

     “I’ll prove I can be quiet, I won’t say one more word until we get to the jewellery shop, starting from...” But before Amy could finish her sentence, Brad’s sat nav system said they had reached their destination.

     “Looks like you failed that test little sister.” Brad said with a grin as he got out the truck and then walked around to help Becky get out before he opened the back door and helped Amy get down.

    Amy didn’t reply to Brad right away, she was too engrossed in how small her hand looked in Brad’s. Amy really did feel like a small child when she saw that. She was soon snapped back to reality when she heard Brad speak to her again.

     “Amy, Amy, I was only playing with you.” Brad said looking worried that he might have upset Amy with his teasing.

     “I know you were Brad.” Amy said with a warm smile. “I was just looking at how large your hands are compared to mine.” Amy added as she looked down at her hand still resting in Brad’s.

     “I’d look pretty silly if I had little girly hands like you.” Brad said with a grin. “I’d never be able to throw people out the club, or grab the weights at the gym.” Brad added looking worried just before he started grinning again.

    Amy was soon giggling as she thought about Brad trying to do all those things with her little hands. “You do have a good point there Brad.” Amy said between giggles.

     “Come on kiddo, let’s go and find a ring for me to put on your sisters finger.” Brad smiled as he put a hand on Amy’s back and led her towards the jewellery shop Carl had told them to use.

    Becky had to push a button and wait for someone to answer her before they could get into the shop. “May I help you?” A posh sounding voice said out the speaker.

     “Yes you may.” Becky said, then she told the man Carl’s name and he was quick to buzz them into the shop. They had to wait in a little hallway for the man to come and unlock a second door that finally let them into the shop.

     “I’m sorry about all the security, but I’m sure you can understand why we must be so careful.” The man said as he looked at all three of them. The man looked worried at first when he saw Brad and the sheer size of him Then it was Brad’s turn to look worried when the man smiled at him in such a way as it said more than just welcome.

    Becky saw the way the man smiled at Brad, and how Brad suddenly looked very worried, so she spoke to get Brad out the spotlight for a couple of seconds.

     “We understand fully why you’d need all that security sir. I trust that Carl spoke to you about what we’d need to look at today?” Becky asked sounding very businesslike as she said it.

     “Yes he did ma’am. Please follow me; I have a selection of engagement rings set out over here ready for you to look at.” The man said as he started walking off towards a counter with a number of trays set out on it.

    Becky and Amy both stood with their mouths open when they saw the display of rings, and Brad wasn’t far behind them. Brad was glad that Becky and Amy had come with him now; he’d have no idea how to choose one on his own. They spent a long time looking at all the rings and finally they let Brad have the final say on the selection they knew Ann would like.

    Brad looked at the rings on the counter in front of him trying to work out which one he liked the best, when he realised that there were no prices on any of them. “What’s the price for this one?” Brad asked, as he held up the one he liked the best out of them all.

    The man looked at Brad with puzzlement. “Is that the ring you wish to take with you sir?”

     “Well yes, but I need to know how much it is first.” Brad said.

     “That’s already been taken care of sir.” The man said still looking puzzled as he looked at Becky for some sort of help getting it all straightened out.

     “Don’t worry about cost Brad. Carl’s covering it as a thank you for all the hard work and help you’ve been doing.” Becky said looking a little worried about how Brad was going to react.

     “I can’t let him do that Becky.” Brad said in a loud whisper, not looking very happy about it.

     “You know what Carl can be like when he’s in one of these moods.” Becky whispered back. “He’ll only find some other way to make sure you don’t pay for it, so just pick the ring you want and thank him the next time you see him.” Becky added.

    Brad let out a sigh and then spoke to the man again. “Yes I’d like to take this one then please.”

    The man smiled and then took the ring from Brad and put it in a little jewellery box for him after making sure it was the right size for him. “I wish you all the happiness in the world for your big day sir.” The man said, but sounded disappointed that Brad wasn’t staying on the market.

    Brad handed Becky the little bag that had the ring box in it, so he could lift her up into his truck once they got outside, then he helped Amy to get in before her walked around the other side and got in himself. Once they were all sat in his truck, Becky and Amy suddenly burst out in a fit of giggles.

     “I think you just broke that poor man’s heart Brad.” Amy said around her giggling.

     “He did seem quite taken with you Brad.” Becky added around her giggles.

     “You’re both loving this aren’t you?” Brad asked as he watched the two of them giggling at him.

     “I’m sorry Brad, but you just looked so scared in there when he smiled at you.” Becky giggled some more.

     “He’s not my type.” Brad said before he had time to realise what he was saying.

     “Oh, so what type of man is your type?” Becky asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I didn’t mean it like that. I meant he’s not a woman.” Brad said in his defence. “And I could do much better than him, if I was that way.” Brad added with his chin in the air, just before he started chuckling. That just set Becky and Amy off in full blown laughter now.

    Brad started his truck, but waited for Becky and Amy to calm down enough to fix their makeup before he pulled away from the curb, so he could return Amy to the shop and then drop Becky off at home.

     “I promise to keep your secret from Ann until Sunday Brad.” Amy said as she looked at him from the back seat.

     “I know you will Amy. I was just teasing you earlier.” Brad said as he drove his truck. “I’m sure Chrissy and the others will keep you busy between now and then sorting stuff out ready for Sunday anyway.” Brad added.

     “I’m sure she will.” Amy said with a roll of her eyes. “I’ll be lucky to get any sleep between now and then, if Chrissy is anything like her normal self when it comes to sorting these things out.” Amy added looking worried all of a sudden.

     “Don’t knock it sis. I’m glad she can organise these sorts of things.” Becky said over her shoulder. “Remember all the trouble we had sorting out that Birthday party while she was away?” Becky asked, as she also thought about the one birthday party they had to do when Chrissy was on her little holiday.

    The birthday party Becky was thinking about had turned out okay in the end because Chrissy had already laid out the plan on paper, but they had not accounted for all the little details that Chrissy sorted out as she went. They had all realised that Chrissy’s mind was just geared that way, which made her such an amazing person when it came to organising parties. The party went well, but more because of luck than judgment they all thought.

     “I’m looking forward to having her boss me around again.” Amy said with a grin, as she also thought about the last birthday party and all the last minute running around they all had to do.

    Brad was soon pulling up outside the shop again, and helping Becky and Amy get out the truck so they could go in and show Chrissy and Mandy the ring.

    Amy had to use her keys to unlock the door to the shop because it was lunchtime when they got back there. Amy relocked the door once she was in with Becky and Brad, and then she walked to the back of the shop to find Chrissy and Mandy.

    Chrissy was just sorting out the basket of food when she saw Amy wander through the curtain, followed by Becky and Brad.

     “Hi Baby!” Chrissy shouted as she saw Becky. Leaving the basked of food where it was, Chrissy ran over to Becky and wrapped her arms around her. “Do you want to stop and have some lunch with us?” Chrissy asked as they hugged.

     “That would be nice, and it would save me sorting something out when I got home.” Becky smiled. “Do you want to stop for a spot of lunch with Chrissy, Mandy and Amy?” Becky asked, as she looked at Brad still stood with Amy just behind her.

     “Sounds good to me boss. I was just trying to work out what I could have for lunch after I’d dropped you off at home anyway.” Brad said with a grin as he led Amy over to the table, so she could make a start on getting the food out the basket. “Will you have enough for us all?” Brad asked.

     “More than enough Brad.” Mandy said. “They always pack way too much for us to eat; we normally end up throwing half of it away.” Mandy added.

    Chrissy led Becky over to the table and helped her to sit down before she went to help Amy get the lunch dished up. Then they all sat and ate while Amy and Becky told Chrissy and Mandy how Brad had broken some poor guy’s heart at the jewellery shop when he brought the ring.

    Once they had all finished their lunch, Brad got the ring out and showed it to Chrissy and Mandy, who both loved it.

     “Mandy and I started making a list of things we need to sort out, and I rang about the bouncy castle, and booked that to be delivered on Saturday morning, and we have it until Monday.” Chrissy told them all as they sat having a drink before Becky and Brad had to leave again.

     “Just let me know if you need any help with anything.” Brad said as he got up to leave.

     “I trust you’ll come and help put the bouncy castle up?” Chrissy asked with a smile.

     “You already know I will Chrissy, and I’ll help set the tables up too.” Brad said with a grin, happy to be doing something to help set everything up.

     “I’m sure Carl won’t mind you picking up the meat either.” Mandy added.

     “I’ll have a word with him about it at the club tonight.” Brad said.

    Chrissy had her arm wrapped around Becky as she walked her out to Brad’s truck. “Thanks for having lunch with us baby, it was really nice getting to spend some extra time with you.” Chrissy said as she wrapped her arms around Becky just before kissing her when they got to Brad’s truck.

     “I should be the one thanking you my love.” Becky purred, just before they kissed again. “The food was nice, but the company was even better.” Becky added just before she started giggling when Brad suddenly chirped in.

     “Thanks boss, I try to be good company where ever I go.” Brad said with a grin.

     “I’m sure you are Brad, but I wasn’t talking about you.” Becky said with a roll of her eyes.

    Brad gave Chrissy another minute to say a proper goodbye, then he lifted Becky up in his arms and placed her on the passenger seat of his truck, and then he walked around to the other side and got in, leaving Chrissy to help Becky do her seat belt and say another goodbye to Becky before they left.

    Chrissy stood with Mandy and Amy as they all waved to Becky and Brad as they drove off down the road. Then they returned to the shop to make a start on the internet orders.

 

Chapter 54

    All the girls except Becky were sat enjoying a glass of wine as they waited for Vicky to turn up and take them to the club. They all felt ready for a night out due to not getting out on Saturday, but none of them were talking about that now that everything was okay between Chrissy and Becky.

     “Will Kara be at the club tonight Jayden?” Chrissy asked.

     “No, I don’t think so. He said he had a lot of meetings this week and would be too tired if he went to the club.” Jayden said with a sigh.

     “That’s a shame. I hope you’ll be asking him to come to the club on Saturday though? He can stop the night and then give us a hand on Sunday with the barbecue.” Chrissy smiled.

     “Hope, Faith and Kat will all be coming.” Mandy said with a smile. “I called her earlier to let her know we were having one, and not to make any plans for Sunday. I didn’t want to leave asking her until Thursday, and find out she’d made other plans.” Mandy added just before taking another sip from her wine glass.

     “I’m really looking forward to having another barbecue.” Ann smiled.

     “So am I.” Amy said looking all excited about it herself.

     “Are you okay baby sister? You seem really hyper tonight.” Ann asked with a puzzled look.

     “Yes, I’m fine, just looking forward to getting out and doing some dancing with my beautiful wife.” Amy said as she threw her arms around Amber and started kissing her like mad to hide the worried look she now had.

    Amy had told Amber about everything while they took a shower together just before they sat down for dinner, so Amber understood why Amy was excited about the barbecue, and the reason for all the hugging and kissing she was now giving her.

     “You need to be more careful sis or Amber will start and keep you at home more often, just to get this response out of you.” Ann giggled as she watched Amy kissing Amber like mad.

    They were interrupted just then by the doorbell, so they all got up and made their way out to the hallway behind Mandy as she answered the door. They found Vicky stood there smiling at them sporting blond hair tonight and a long silver evening dress and matching low heeled shoes.

     “Good evening ladies. You’re all looking as beautiful as always, I don’t know why I even bother.” Vicky said with a sigh.

     “Don’t be silly Vicky. You look just as beautiful as the rest of us do.” Mandy said as she pulled Vicky closer to her for a hug. She was soon joined by the others in a large hug in the middle of the hallway.

     “It’s worth being the ugly duckling, if only to get a hug like this from you all.” Vicky said with a grin as they broke the hug.

     “You’re no ugly duckling Vicky!” Chrissy said as she playfully slapped Vicky on the arm.

    Vicky just chuckled as she led them out the house and over to her minivan. She helped them all get in, and then waited for Mandy to walk over after locking the house up, then they were on their way to the club.

    Once at the club they all entered after they let Chrissy and Amy look across the road to make sure there wasn’t anyone stood watching them all enter. Ann walked off ahead of them all, so she could go and find Brad. They all expected to find them at the entrance to the VIP section where Brad normally hung out, but Paul, one of the other bouncers was stood there instead. All the girls smiled as they walked past and then went up the stairs to the VIP section.

    Ann had looked worried when she didn’t see Brad where he normally was, so she went up into the VIP section and smiled when she saw him stood talking to Carla. She walked over and wrapped her arms around one of Brad’s and smiled up at him.

     “I think we better finish talking about this later Brad.” Carla said with a smile as she looked at Ann before looking back up at Brad.

     “You can count on that Carla.” Brad said in a firm voice, as he turned around and led Ann away without saying another word.

     “Is everything alright Brad?” Ann asked looking worried as he made his way over towards the stairs to go and relieve Paul.

     “I’m fine baby, just some work related stuff I was trying to get sorted out with Carla.” Brad said with a smile now spread across his face.

    The real reason was to do with Carl paying for the ring, and not letting Brad even know how much the thing cost, never mind the fact that he’s paid for it. Brad had tried every way he could think of to get Carl to let him pay for the ring, but Carl was even more stubborn than him.

     “You look more beautiful every time I see you.” Brad said just before they left the VIP section. Brad had stopped walking so he could turn Ann to face him, as he leaned down and kissed Ann on the lips for a very long time.

    Ann was shocked when Brad did this, as he normally took Ann off to a quiet corner of the club on his break to do this sort of thing. Not that she was going to start complaining about it. They soon stopped when they heard voices telling them to go and get a room or something.

     “You’re telling us to go get a room?” Ann said as she tried to get her breath back after they stopped kissing. Ann was looking at Amy and Amber as she said it. These two would just stop in the middle of the dance floor, and start kissing.

     “Yes, go and get a room.” Amber said again in a posh English voice as she stuck her nose in the air. “Come Amy, I won’t have you witness this filth.” Amber added in the same voice, as she pulled a giggling Amy over towards the sofas.

    Ann just started giggling, and even Brad had to chuckle at the way the two of them walked away. “That friend of yours is three fries short of a happy meal, do you know that?” Brad said when he stopped chuckling.

     “I know, but I still think she’s the best friend I could ever have, and she does make Amy happy.” Ann said as she saw her baby sister sat on the sofa now, laughing and playing around with Amber, Chrissy, Becky and Jayden.

     “I should really find some way of thanking Amy for bringing you into my life you know.” Brad said with a sigh as he looked even deeper into Ann’s eyes.

     “You’ve already saved her life, and act like her over protective big brother most the time, so good luck on trying to do any more than that.” Ann smiled up at him, just before watching Brad lean down again for another kiss.

    Carla just looked on as Brad kissed Ann, as Mandy walked over to her and they were soon doing the same thing. “Hello beautiful.” Carla said in a husky voice that was only just female in sound.

     “Hello yourself.” Mandy smiled as she ran her tongue across her own lips to taste Carla’s lipstick on them. “It’s odd to see Brad kissing like that in the middle of the club.” Mandy commented as she looked over and saw Brad still kissing Ann like there was no one else around.

     “I think he’s rebelling against me for buying the ring, and not letting him give me the money back, or even telling him how much it cost.” Carla said with a grin.

     “I hope you’ll cut him some slack over this then?” Mandy said as she pointed her hand to where Brad and Ann stood with their arms wrapped around each other, and their lips locked together still.

     “I’m glad to see him breaking the rules for once Carla smiled. “He’ll come and find me later I’m sure, and then he’ll say sorry for doing it, and all will be forgotten.” Carla added with a shrug.

    Jayden was tagging along with Chrissy, Amy and Amber, as they followed Becky around the club when she suddenly let a big grin settle across her face. Walking towards her was Kara looking as beautiful as ever. Jayden ran to meet her half way and wrapped her arms around her before they started kissing.

     “Not that I’m sad to see you Kara, but what are you doing here?” Jayden said when they stopped kissing each other. “I thought you said you had lots of meetings to attend this week, and wouldn’t be able to make it out?” Jayden added, just before kissing her again.

     “I got off work early faking illness, and I’m going to call in sick tomorrow as well.” Kara said with a smile as she looked into the happy face Jayden now had. “That asshole Stephen you met last week has been really getting on my nerves the past couple of days.” Kara said through gritted teeth.

     “In what way?” Jayden asked with worry on her face now.

     “He just keeps asking me questions about you.” Kara said with a sigh.

     “Like what sort of questions?” Jayden asked with a puzzled look.

     “How did we meet? Do you have a sister? Do I think it’s really serious? Stuff like that.” Kara said, but Jayden could tell that he’d asked other stuff that Kara wasn’t going to talk about, and that was probably the real reason for Kara being so angry with him right now.

     “Oh I see, so what have you told him?” Jayden asked still looking worried. Jayden knew that Callum couldn’t tell this Stephen how they really met, as that would let the cat out the bag about Kara.

     “I sort of told him the truth, but without telling him about my cross dressing.” Kara said with a week smile. “I said I went to my school reunion and met up with an old friend their and then we started chatting once we realised that we’d both moved to London, and then I met you after going around to her house for dinner, and we hit it off.” Kara said with a shrug.

    Jayden smiled when she realised that Kara had just told him the truth like she’d just said. “So if you’re going to be sick tomorrow, then does that mean I get to nurse you back to full health again?” Jayden asked with a grin as she traced the outline of Kara’s bra with one of her fingers.

     “I was hoping you would.” Kara said in a husky voice as she stood grinning back at Jayden, just before they started kissing again.

    Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber had all stood off to one side waiting for the two of them to finish saying hello. Jayden turned to look at them and then asked. “Do any of you mind if Kara stops the night, and then comes out shopping with us tomorrow?”

     “Jayden, you don’t need to ask us every time you want Kara, or Callum to stop the night.” Chrissy said with a frown. “It’s as much your house, as it is ours.” Chrissy added with a grin this time, as she stepped over and wrapped her arms around the two of them.

     “Thanks Chrissy. I’m sorry to keep asking, but I just worry that you’ll all think I’m taking advantage of you if I don’t ask.” Jayden said as she hugged Chrissy back.

     “Well don’t worry anymore sis. Just have some fun.” Just as Chrissy said that, the DJ started playing a song her and Amy really liked, so they were all soon running towards the dance floor.

    The girls spent the rest of the night between dancing, walking round the club with Becky, and spending time sat up in the VIP section cuddling with the one they loved.

    Carla was also right about Brad; he did go and talk to her later in the night while Ann was down on the dance floor with Amy and the others.

     “Carla, can I have a quick word with you?” Brad asked looking worried.

     “Sure Brad, what can I help you with now? Or do you just want to pick up where we left off earlier?” Carla asked with a grin.

     “I’m sorry about the way I acted earlier.” Brad said looking ashamed of his outburst at Carla over the buying of the ring. “I’m also sorry for the display I put on with Ann just after.” Brad added looking down at the ground, too ashamed to even look Carla in the eyes now.

     “Consider yourself forgiven Brad.” Carla smiled some more. “It was nice to see you relaxing a little bit in front of me. As for the thing with the ring, well I guess I should have spoken with you first about it, and not just gone behind your back.” Carla added.

     “Thank you for buying the ring Carla, I just hope that Ann will take it from me now.” Brad said as he looked up from the ground and right into Carla’s eyes now.

    Carla could see the worry on Brad’s face, but Carla already knew that Ann would say yes when Brad asked her the big question on Sunday. “I’ve wanted to show you how grateful I am for all you’ve done since Mandy came into my life, and I saw this as a perfect way to do that.” Carla added with a happy look on her face as she thought about all the fun she’d had since Mandy and Chrissy became part of her life as Carla, and his life as Carl.

     “No thanks needed Carla. I’d have gladly done anything for Chrissy or the others, and always will.” Brad said with pride.

    They didn’t have time to say any more due to Ann walking back into the VIP section with the others close behind.

    Ann left with Brad at the end of the night due to them not being at work tomorrow, so she could have a relaxing time with Brad. Amber was glad Ann wouldn’t be around; she was having some doubts as to whether Amy could really keep quiet about the real reason for the barbecue.

    Once Vicky had dropped the girls off at home, Carla as well. They all went up to their bedrooms to get some sleep, and other things as well. Jayden and Kara almost skipped off down the hallway after giving the others a hug at Mandy’s bedroom door. They all stood and watched with smiles on their faces before going into their own bedrooms. Mandy and Carla into Mandy’s room, while Chrissy and Becky ran off into their own room. Amy and Amber took a slow walk down to their room before going in and closing the door behind them.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Chrissy indeed is getting stronger

... yet somehow she still retains her vulnerability.

The saga continues and I for one enjoy being hip deep in their lives. It is kinda voyeuristic in a way when serials run this long but I for one am not complaining.

The only thing I am wondering if such a thing happens in RL, and I hope it doesn't happen, is that the ol' morality police might drop in and make trouble for Carl. Carl seems pretty dominant in his area of business but I wonder if there is any opposition who might want to try to take him down a peg and deliberately send 'tips' to the plod indicating there is, say, prostitution going on at his club.

Nah, no tempting evil authors now, can we?

Kim

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 20 By SaraUK

Simply loved seeing Chrissy tear into Prue and their bit of butting heads. At times, such is needed to clear the air.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks Sara

Thanks for the new posting. I'm looking forward to the barbeque.