You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 8

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three
By SaraUK

 

Part 8
Chapter 25: Quiet Sunday  

    Jayden was just having another weird dream when she felt someone shaking her, so she opened her eyes and saw Chrissy smiling at her.

    "Morning Chrissy. Is something wrong?" Jayden asked, as she sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

    "Morning Jayden. No, nothing is wrong, it's just getting on, and I brought you a cup of tea." Chrissy smiled, as she handed Jayden the mug. "I wanted to make sure you were doing okay after a busy night of dancing." Chrissy added with a grin.

    Jayden looked over at the clock on the table at the side of her bed, and she saw that it was nearly one o'clock in the afternoon. "Is that really the time?" She asked with a shocked look on her face.

    "Yep. I guess Amy and I must have worn you out." Chrissy giggled, as she went to leave the room again, now she had made sure Jayden was okay, and was sitting up drinking her tea.

    "Chrissy, do you have some time to talk for a bit?" Jayden asked.

    "Sure, what do you want to talk about?" Chrissy sat on the edge of the bed as she asked.

    "Do you know the real reason for why your friend Kara disappeared last night?" Jayden asked.

    Chrissy would not answer at first; she just looked down at her feet as she made patterns on the floor with them. "She thought she'd upset you, and didn't want to make it any worse. So she said she was going to find some of her other friends, but then I never saw her again after that." Chrissy finally said.

    "I'm sorry Chrissy. I thought she was trying to say that being a waitress was not a worthwhile job to have. I was hoping to get time later in the night to say sorry to her." Jayden said looking a little sad about it.

    "Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to say sorry when you see her again." Chrissy said brushing it off as just being one of them things.

    "I wish I had a better understanding of this whole transgender thing. Is Kara like you and Amy? Or is she more like Carl and Vic?" Jayden asked with a worried look. She wasn't sure if she might have asked the wrong question.

    "As far as I know, Kara is like Carl and Vic. Callum is happy most the time being himself, but every now and then he let's Kara out to play." Chrissy smiled.

    "Do you know this Callum then, or have you only ever met Kara?" Jayden asked.

    "I use to go to school with Callum, but we lost touch until I went to my school reunion." Chrissy never said anything about how he used to bully her back then.

    "You went to your school reunion?" Jayden asked looking shocked. "That must have given most of them a shock?" Jayden giggled.

    "It was an interesting night." Chrissy giggled, as she thought about the looks some of the people she went to school with had when they realised who she was.

    "I'm only just beginning to realise that I know next to nothing about you really." Jayden said with a pout. "Did Kara, or should I say Callum, just come up to you at the reunion then, and tell you about his secret?" Jayden asked.

    "Callum had used the changing service at the hotel a number of times, and Cathy had worked on him. Cathy was also at the reunion, and she was the one that recognised him. The poor thing was scared to death and ran away." Chrissy said looking sad about it. "He'd been to the club a number of times, and I'd even fixed his makeup and had a couple of dances. He'd never realised that we'd gone to school together." Chrissy added.

    "I take it everything turned out okay in the end? You both looked like friends last night."

    "Yes. Becky and I went and found him hiding in his room at the hotel, where the reunion was being held. He was worried I might let everyone know his secret, as some sort of revenge." Chrissy said with a giggle, just before she realised what she just said. She whipped her head up to look at Jayden, and saw the puzzled look on her face, and knew she'd said too much.

    "Why would you want to get revenge on him Chrissy? What aren't you telling me about him?" Jayden asked.

    Chrissy thought about saying nothing, but knew that Jayden would just go and ask one of the others, so she took a deep breath. "Callum use to pick on me when we were at school, but he's a very different person now." Chrissy said the last bit to try to keep Jayden calm. "The only reason he went to the reunion was to say sorry to me for all the things he did to me back then." Chrissy added with a smile.

    "I don't feel quite as bad about snapping at him last night now." Jayden said with a huff. "How could anyone want to bully a little girl like you?" Jayden asked with some anger in her voice.

    "I wasn't a little girl back then Jayden. I was just a wimpy little boy with no friends, and he wasn't much bigger than I was, so he used to pick on me to make him self look bigger in the other kids eyes."

    "How could you just let him walk back into your life, after everything he put you through?" Jayden asked looking angrier.

    "I'd already got to know Kara by the time I met up with Callum again, and he really was a different person. How could I not give him a second chance?" Chrissy asked. "He was ready to except any punishment I wanted to give him as well."

    "You'd have to look up the words revenge and payback, just to know what they meant, never mind doing one of them to anyone." Jayden said with a smile, when she realised that Chrissy could never do anything nasty to anyone.

    "Is that such a bad thing?" Chrissy asked.

    "No, I guess not." Jayden smiled.

    "Please don't hold any of what I said against him Jayden, he really is a nice guy, and girl." Chrissy said with a grin.

    "Well if you're okay with it all, then what can I say about it. I'll play nice with him, if only to keep you happy." Jayden put her cup down, and pulled Chrissy into a hug, so she could thank her for the mug of tea. "I better let you go and find Becky, before she sends out a search party to find you." Jayden giggled, as she let Chrissy up off the bed.

    Chrissy grabbed the empty mug that Jayden had just put down on the bedside table, and then she ran off to find Becky, while Jayden got up and put on her dressing gown, so she could go in search of something to eat.


    Becky was sitting in the kitchen with Amy, Amber, Mandy, and Carl. They were all having a cup of tea, but they could all see that Becky was trying not to jump up and go in search of Chrissy. She'd gone to take a mug of tea up to Jayden some time ago and still hadn't returned yet.

    "I know it's a big house, but I thought she'd have been back by now." Becky said, as she sat running her finger around the rim of her empty cup.

    "They probably just got talking about stuff. They haven't had a lot of time to sit and chat on their own since we found them." Mandy offered as a reason for Chrissy still not being back.

    "At least you know where she is this time." Amy smiled, as she sat cuddled up to Amber. "And Mandy does have a point, Jayden has been thrown into this new life, and we've all been keeping Chrissy busy since we got back."

    "I know you're both right, but I just feel so empty now when she's not with me." Becky had a pained look on her face, as she said it.

    "Well the empty feeling should be fading now." Mandy said with a grin, as she put a hand on Becky's belly. "I think you've got a little bump starting to show now."

    Becky was just about to agree with Mandy, when Chrissy distracted her, bursting into the kitchen with an empty mug in her hand, and a smile on her face. Becky returned the smile that looked more like a grin, as she watched Chrissy walk over to her and sit on the empty seat next to her.

    "Sorry for taking so long, but Jayden wanted to have a chat about something." Chrissy said with a pout, just before kissing Becky.

    "Don't worry about it baby, I never realised you were gone." Becky said, as they broke the kiss.

    Chrissy would have looked hurt at Becky's comment, if it wasn't for Amy making some strange sound that sounded like her trying to stifle a giggle. Chrissy sat looking at Amy, as Amy gave Becky a strange look.

    "Why do I get the feeling that you're not telling me the truth my love?" Chrissy asked, as she looked at Becky and then Amy again.

    "Okay! I admit. I was getting ready to come and find you, because I was missing you." Becky said with a sigh, as she shot Amy a stern look. Amy saw Becky's look and just cuddled up a little tighter to Amber for protection.

    "Don't get upset with Amy, I already knew you'd be missing me baby. I missed you too." Chrissy said in a whisper, just before kissing Becky again. "But don't worry; I'll never be far away from you ever again." Chrissy added between kisses.

    Chrissy and Becky were still trading kisses when Jayden entered the kitchen wrapped in her dressing gown.

    "Good afternoon Jayden. I trust you had a good nights sleep?" Carl asked with a grin, as he watched her walk over to the table and takes a seat.

    "Hi everyone. Sorry for sleeping so late, but I think I did a little too much dancing last night." Jayden said with a sheepish grin on her face.

    "But did you have a good time?" Carl asked.

    "Yes, I had a great time. Thank you for that." Jayden smiled.

    "Then that is all that matters." Carl replied with a grin.

    "I hope I've not upset anyone's plans for the day with my laziness?" Jayden asked, as she looked around the table.

    "Not at all Jayden. We're just going to have a quiet Sunday in, and cook a nice dinner later. Ann and Brad should be joining us as well, but it won't be the first time they've not shown up." Mandy said with a smile.

    "They better, after the last telling off I gave them." Amy said looking a little angry, as she thought about the time Ann and Brad never showed up, and Amy ended up throwing away their dinners.

    Jayden was trying not to laugh, as she thought of Amy trying to tell Brad off. The others didn't have to paint a mental image like Jayden; they were all there when she told them off. So they all just bust out in fits of giggles

    "Don't worry baby, I'm sure you scared Brad enough that he'll never miss another one of your dinners again." Amber said. As she hugged Amy a little tighter, just before kissing her.

    "Will it be okay if I do myself a couple of slices of toast to keep me going until dinner time?" Jayden asked, as she went to get up from the table.

    "I'll get it for you Jayden." Amy said with a smile, as she jumped up in a flash. "How many slices do you want?" Amy asked, as she ran off towards the toaster.

    Jayden looked a little shocked at just how fast Amy could move. She was feeling a little stiff after all the dancing last night. "Two would be fine thank you. I could have done it myself though Amy."

    "No problem. My bottom was going numb from sitting here for so long." Amy said with a grin, as she stuck her bottom out and gave it a shake at them all.

    They all had to giggle when Amy started shaking her butt at them, and soon Amber was getting up to help her do Jayden's toast. Jayden found it hard to think of Amy once being a boy, just as she did Chrissy. She thought they both could teach her how to be a better girl, and she'd been one all her life. Jayden snapped out of her daydreaming when she heard Amy speaking to her again.

    "Would you like some jam, or marmalade on it Jayden?"

    "A little marmalade would be nice, thank you." Jayden smiled.

    In a short time Amy was bringing two slices of toast with marmalade on them over to her. Jayden picked up the first slice and bit into it, she hadn't realised just how hungry she really was. Both slices were soon gone, and she sat drinking a cup of tea with the others.

    "I hope you don't mind me asked, but I was wondering why you and Amy stopped to look across the road last night, just before you entered the club?" Jayden asked, as she looked at Chrissy, and then Amy.

    "Do you want to tell her, or shall I?" Chrissy asked Amy.

    "I'll start, but you can fill in the bits I don't remember to well." Amy said with a smile.

    Amy started telling Jayden about how she came to be here in the city, and how she'd stand across the road from the club. Then she moved on to how she'd stolen from Chrissy and Mandy's shop before saving Chrissy's life. Even though Amy still said, that Chrissy really saved her life. Finally, they said how they both looked across the road now, to make sure that there would never be another lost soul left out in the cold.

    Jayden was shocked to hear Amy's story. Chrissy had told her that Amy had been just like her, but she'd never told her the story of how they first met each other, or how Chrissy and the others had nursed her back to health again. And all the trouble her father caused sent a shiver down Jayden's spine.

    "I'm really glad to see you both still here then after all that." Jayden smiled. "Have you ever found anyone standing across the road yet?" Jayden asked.

    "No, not yet, but we'll keep looking, and if we ever do see someone over there, then we'll do our best to help them." Chrissy said with a smile, as she looked at Amy.

    Amy smiled back at her. "You can count on it big sister."

    "Thanks for the toast, and the tea." Jayden smiled, as she got up from the table. "If no one minds, I'm going to go up and see about getting dressed." Jayden added, as she left the kitchen.

    "I think we better see about getting dressed." Chrissy said, as she looked around the room. "I asked Callum to call round today, so I could have a chat, and fill him in on what I've been up to the past couple of months." Chrissy added with a grin.

    The others decided that it would be a good idea to go and get dressed too, as they were all sitting around in their dressing gowns and bathrobes.


    Chrissy was sitting at the dressing table brushing out her wet hair when she saw Becky looking in the mirror and running her hand over her belly.

    "Is everything alright baby?" Chrissy asked with a smile, as she turned around to look at Becky.

    "Yes, Mandy said she thought I had a small bump showing already, and I was just looking to see if she was right." Becky said, as she flattened out the T-shirt she was wearing to get a better look at her belly.

    "It does look like you have a little bump showing; now I look at you a little closer." Chrissy said, as she held out her arms for Becky to come over to her.

    Becky walked over and let Chrissy wrap her arms around her waist, and wrest her head on Becky's belly. Becky just smiled, as she looked down at Chrissy, as she tried to listen for the baby. Chrissy soon lifted her head of Becky's belly, and then she kissed it.

    "I'm sorry I never came clean with you from the start Chrissy. I know it was foolish of me to try and hide it." Becky said, as she sat on Chrissy's lap.

    "No more foolish than my running away instead of facing you over finding that pregnancy test." Chrissy chuckled. "We were both at fault for what happened, but we're together again now, and I'm not going to leave you ever again." Chrissy added as she started kissing Becky, while rubbing her belly.

    "I'm glad about that my love, I wasn't looking forward to being a single mum." Becky giggled.

    "When is the next check up for you and the baby?" Chrissy asked.

    "Mum is going to give me a check up on Wednesday when she does yours." Becky said, just before kissing Chrissy again. "She's sorting out a date for me to go and have an ultrasound, so we will have a picture of the baby as well." Becky added with a grin.

    "Will we be able to find out what sex the baby will be?" Chrissy asked.

    "I think so, but do you really want to know what sex it will be?" Becky asked, not sure if she wanted to know or not.

    "I think I'd like to know. That way we can make sure people buy it the right clothes, and we can decorate the room to suit." Chrissy smiled.

    "I think I too would like to know, for the same reason." Becky said with a grin, as she started to realise what was happening to them both. "I'm really going to be having your baby." Becky added with tears in her eyes.

    "I know, and I'm so happy for you that I can't find the words to tell you." Chrissy said, as she also started to cry. "I thought this would be the one thing I'd never be able to give you." Chrissy added, as she hugged Becky even tighter.

    "I hope you realise that I never would have just gone and slept with anyone to get pregnant baby. If this hadn't worked, I would have sat you down so we could work out another way for us to have children." Becky said, as she got up and then pulled Chrissy up to stand in front of her.

    "I know that now Becky, but at the time I found that test, and saw you were pregnant… I wasn't thinking straight."

    "I kind of worked that out from the broken picture, and phone I found when I got home." Becky giggled, while Chrissy just went very red faced as she remembered what she'd done that day.

    "I see you got a new frame for the photo." Chrissy said, as she looked over at the bedside table, where the picture was on.

    "Yes I did. I even got you a new mobile phone, which I need to give you." Becky said with a thoughtful look.

    "You didn't need to get me a new phone baby." Chrissy said looking shocked that Becky had gone to all the trouble of replacing the phone that she'd broken.

    "I didn't buy it lover. It was covered as part of your contract under accidental damage. Not that it was that much of an accident." Becky giggled.

    Becky walked over to a chest of draws and then opened the top draw, so she could take something out. She then walked back over to where Chrissy was watching her, and handed over a new phone, it looked like the one she broke, before running away.

    "Luckily you didn't damage the sim card in your old phone, so we were able to drop in straight into the new one. I've kept it charged up for you, so you're ready to go." Becky smiled.

    "Thank you." Chrissy said. Looking at the new phone in her hands. Chrissy knew she'd need to add the numbers from her other phone later, and let the girls back at St. Trinian's have her new, old number. Just in case, they ever needed to get hold of her.

    Once Chrissy had finished getting dressed, she waited for Becky to finish and they then went back down stairs to see if the others were down there yet.


    Jayden had taken a shower and got dressed, then made her way down stairs to find the place empty, so she grabbed the Sunday paper off the kitchen table and went into the living room to sit and flick through it until the others came back down. She didn't have to wait long before Carl and Mandy walked into the room.

    "I hope you don't mind me looking at the paper?" Jayden asked, as she watched the two of them enter the room and walked over to one of the other sofas and sit down side by side.

    "I don't mind at all Jayden. I read what I wanted to read this morning, while you were sleeping." Mandy said with a grin.

    "I still can't believe I slept in so late." Jayden said looking a little embarrassed about it still.

    "I was only teasing you, so don't worry about it Jayden." Mandy said, as she waved a hand in a dismissive way. "I'm sure you'll think twice before you try and keep up with Chrissy and Amy again." Mandy added with a giggle.

    "A warning would have been nice." Jayden smiled.

    "We all go on the dance floor in small groups, so there is always a couple of us around to keep an eye on the two of them, and we don't all get worn out too soon."

    "It's a shame you can't bottle their energy and sell it. I'd buy a couple of bottles." Jayden giggled.

    "We've often thought the same thing Jayden." Carl smiled, as he sat cuddled up to Mandy.

    "I for one was just happy to see Amy having some fun again. It was nice to see her dancing again." Mandy said.

    "Did she not go down on the dance floor then at all while Chrissy was away?" Jayden asked, as she put the paper down, so she could talk with Carl and Mandy.

    "No, she looked as lost as Becky did most the time. Amber was beginning to worry about her." Mandy said with a sigh, as she thought about it. "Amy has formed a very special bond with Chrissy, and without her, Amy was…" Mandy couldn't find the words to finish.

    "I think I understand what you're trying to say Mandy. They do seem very close." Jayden smiled.

    "Are you still worried about working at the hotel tomorrow?" Carl asked.

    "A little, I also need to try and work out what bus I'll need to catch." Jayden said with a grim look on her face.

    "You don't need to worry about that. Ann should be able to bring you into work tomorrow, and if not, I'll get Vic to pick you up." Carl smiled.

    "I don't want to put anyone out Carl." Jayden said looking worried.

    "You won't be Jayden… Ann's office is based at the hotel, and Vic stays with Jenna at Mable's over the weekend, which is only around the corner." Carl said. "I'll get you sorted out with a driver for the times Ann and Vic aren't available to drive you." Carl added.

    "A driver? That all sounds very posh Carl." Jayden looked a little shocked as she said it.

    "It doesn't look good having you catch the bus, when you're being trained as my right hand person does it?" Carl chuckled.

    "You do have a point there Carl." Jayden giggled as she thought about it. "I'm not sure I'll ever get use to any of this."

    "I'll take care of it tomorrow with the numbers for the hotel, and the drivers we have on call there. That way you can just call when ever you need a lift any place, and none of the girls here are available to drive you."

    "Have you ever thought about learning to drive Jayden?" Mandy asked.

    "I took some lessons once, but I hated every minute of it, so I gave up." Jayden said with a worried look. "Driving really isn't for me." She added.

    "Chrissy and Amy are the same way. We couldn't even get them to take a lesson, and Vic won't even let them behind the wheel of his car again." Mandy giggled.

    "Oh, were they that bad?" Jayden asked with a hand over her mouth, when she saw the look Mandy gave her.

    "Yes. I think Vic still has nightmares about it." Carl said, as he started laughing. "If you want some fun with him, just ask him about it and watch him hide his car keys." Carl added with some more laughing.

    Jayden, Mandy, and Carl looked over at the living room door when they heard voices coming from outside in the hallway. They smiled when they saw Chrissy, Becky, Amy, and Amber enter the room giggling.

    Chrissy and Becky walked over, and sat down on the sofa with Jayden, while Amy and Amber sat on the empty sofa, and then cuddled up with each other. Chrissy ended up sitting between Jayden and Becky, as she smiled up at Jayden.

    "You feeling anymore awake now?" Chrissy asked Jayden.

    "Yes thanks. It's nice to relax and take it easy for once." Jayden smiled back at Chrissy.

    "We're not always running off and doing stuff. It's just been a strange couple of days since we got here." Chrissy cuddled up to Becky a little more as she said it.

    "It's been a nice couple of days." Becky said with a grin, as she tried to squeeze the life out of Chrissy, as she hugged her back.

    "Well other than sorting out dinner later. I've got no plans for today, other than to cuddle with you." Chrissy said, just before kissing Becky.

    "Now that sounds like a great plan." Becky purred, as they broke the kiss.

    "Don't let the blond hair fool you baby. I can have a great idea every now and then." Chrissy said with a grin.

    Becky went to say something, but stopped when she saw the warning look Chrissy gave her, so she just sat there grinning, just before kissing Chrissy again.

    They all sat there chatting, and Jayden heard more stories about Chrissy and the others. This went on until they all heard the doorbell. Chrissy jumped up to see who it was. She smiled when she saw Callum standing there looking a little nervous.

    "Hi Callum. I'm glad you could make it over here." Chrissy smiled, as she stepped aside to let him into the house. "I wasn't sure you'd come, not after you left the club early last night." Chrissy added with a pout.

    "Hi Chrissy. I'm sorry about that, but I wasn't feeling too good, so I went home and crawled into bed."

    Chrissy just gave him a funny look that said she didn't believe him. "I hope you realise that Jayden is living with us, so you'll have to face her when you go into the living room. I hope you can cope with that?" Chrissy asked, as she led him over to the door that led into the living room.

    Callum stopped looking worried. "I know that she's part of your life now Chrissy. So unless I stop coming around here and seeing you at the club, I understand that I'll just have to try and smooth things over between us."

    "Yes you will, because the first two options will never happen." Chrissy said in a firm voice. "Now come on and stop talking silly." Chrissy added as she opened the living room door and walked back into the room, followed by Callum.

    Amy was telling Jayden some story about her and Chrissy when they were out shopping, but she stopped and looked at Chrissy, as she entered the room. "Hi Callum. What happened to you last night?" Amy asked.

    "Hi everyone. I wasn't feeling too good, so I left early." Callum said, as he looked around the room, but his eyes stopped when he found Jayden sitting on one end of a sofa, with Becky sat at the other end. Jayden seemed to be studying him, which made him even more scared of her.

    It took Jayden a couple of seconds to work out that Callum was the male name Chrissy used for Kara this morning in her bedroom. Jayden found it hard to believe that this man was the same person as the woman she'd upset the night before. He had thicker bushier eyebrows, and she could see a little five o'clock shadow on his chin. He was also just wearing jeans T-shirt and trainers. He looked just like any other guy would. She thought he looked somewhat cute really. This thought made her frown, which made Callum look even more worried as he looked at Jayden.

    Callum was glad to hear Chrissy speak to him, so he had a reason to stop looking at Jayden. The look she'd just given him, made him wonder if she'd ever speak to him again. His relief was short lived when he heard what Chrissy said to him.

    "You can sit there next to Jayden, and I'll cuddle up to Becky on the other side." Chrissy smiled, as she led Callum over to the sofa where Jayden was sitting.

    Jayden and Callum just sat next to each other looking down at their own laps, each one not knowing what to say to the other for a couple of seconds, but it felt like hours to each of them. Then they both looked up at each other, and tried to speak at the same time.

    "I'm sorry about last…" They both said together.

    "I'm sorry, please continue." Callum said, as he raised his hand for Jayden to speak first this time.

    "Thank you Callum. I just wanted to say sorry for snapping at you last night. I had no right to do that. I thought you were putting down anyone whom did waitress work."

    "Oh god no! I think it's an incredibly hard job to do. I was just shocked to find out that Chrissy was dressing as a school girl and doing it every night." Callum said in his defence. "No offence Chrissy, but I just find it hard to believe you were doing that for a living." Callum looked at Chrissy, hoping he hadn't just upset her now.

    "None taken Callum. You should have seen the look they all gave me when they first saw me there ready to take their orders at the club the night they all came to get me." Chrissy giggled.

    "I bet it was about the same as the look you had when you saw it was us waiting to be served." Becky said, as she poked Chrissy in the side.

    "Ouch! Point taken. Okay, we were all shocked to see each other." Chrissy giggled, as she tried to stop Becky poking her again.

    Callum and Jayden both relaxed as they laughed at Becky and Chrissy playing around with each other. Callum then listened to Chrissy tell him about her long holiday with Jayden, and her time working at the club with her. Callum had a newfound respect for Jayden by the time Chrissy ended her story.

    "That was a pretty amazing thing you did for Chrissy. Thanks for taking care of her." Callum smiled, as he looked at Jayden. He thought she was so beautiful, but well out of his league. She'd also seen him dressed as Kara, so he knew he'd never stand a chance with her.

    "Thanks, but it just felt like the right thing to do, and I'm glad I did now. We've become really good friends." Jayden smiled, as she looked at Chrissy cuddled up to Becky at the other end of the sofa. "I just felt a need to protect her from the first time she opened her hotel room door to me." Jayden added.

    "I wish I'd done things differently now. She is pretty amazing, and a great friend." Callum sighed.

    "Chrissy told me that you two use to go to school together." Jayden said with a flat look, which told Callum, Chrissy had told her everything about her time at school with him.

    Callum felt defeated. Part of him knew that Chrissy would have to tell Jayden how they first met, but another part hoped that Chrissy would have left it in the past. 'Why should she have kept it from Jayden? It's no less than what he deserves for the misery he caused Chrissy all them years ago' Callum thought to himself. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Chrissy speaking to him.

    "You will be joining us for dinner won't you Callum?" Chrissy asked in such a way, as it sounded more as if he was being told.

    "I don't want to be any trouble Chrissy." Callum tried to say, so he could get out of spending any more time with Jayden. It wasn't that he didn't like her, just the opposite. He was worried he might make a bigger fool of himself.

    "You're not, so that's settled, and then, you'll be staying for dinner." Chrissy said in a firm voice.

    "I think you've got a little bossy while you've been away Chrissy." Callum said with a grin.

    "I like it." Becky said with a grin, just before pulling her closer for a kiss.

    Chrissy got up and helped Becky to her feet, while Amy stood, and helped Amy get up as well. Then they all wondered off to the kitchen, so they could make a start on dinner. Callum and Jayden were left sitting on the sofas with Mandy and Carl to keep them company.

    "You looked very different last night, to how you look now Callum." Jayden said, as a way to break the ice with him. She could see how worried he looked still.

    "Good different, or bad different?" Callum asked with a nervous look.

    "Oh, just different. Just as Carl and Vic do when they get all dressed up. You all look so much like women that I find it hard to believe you're all still men under it all." Jayden said with a smile.

    Carl sat there looking at a magazine with Mandy, but he was happy to see how Jayden could put Callum's mind at ease as she spoke to him. He knew that she'd fit right in as part of his team.

    "Thank you. I never use to look that good, not until I started using the changing service that the hotel offers." Callum smiled back at Jayden. He liked it when she smiled.

    "Did you use the changing service last night?" Jayden asked.

    "No, I don't need to any more. Chrissy gave me some lessons, and I got some pointers off Cathy as well. So now I can get the same look any time I want."

    Jayden sat studying Callum's face, as she tried to work out how he got the look, he had last night. He really looked different now to how he looked before. She found herself wishing she could watch him become Kara, just to find out how he does it.

    "It must have come as a big shock when you found out that Chrissy was the same person you knew from school?" Jayden wished she'd not asked it, when she saw Callum's face drop.

    "I know what I did to Chrissy back then was wrong now, and I wish I could go back and undo it all, but I can't." Callum said, as he looked down at his own lap. "I sometimes think that being my friend now, is Chrissy's way of punishing me, but I know her better than that." Callum added with a little chuckle.

    "We've all done things in our past that were not proud of Callum. I know I've got a long list of them myself." Jayden said, as she reached over and took hold of his hand. "Don't you think it's about time you stopped looking to be punished and just accept Chrissy's friendship for what it is?"

    Callum felt a warm tingle run up his arm when Jayden held his hand. He found himself looking over at her and smiling. He had no idea what to say next, and was happy when he heard Mandy speak to him.

    "Jayden's right Callum. You have to stop looking for punishment for what you did. Chrissy is never going to do anything to hurt anyone. Well not on purpose anyway." Mandy smiled. "She's already had two perfect chances to get revenge on you, and passed up on them. The first was at the reunion, and then in the shop when she had you locked in the leather corset. And she never did it then, so do you think she'll do something now?" Mandy asked.

    "No, but part of me still wishes she would."

    "That's the part of you that tells Chrissy you've changed, and the part that Chrissy wants to be friends with now." Mandy smiled as she said it. "Just forgive yourself, and move on." Mandy added, as she cuddled up to Carl.

    "I have to agree with Mandy on this Callum. They'll be having snow ball fights in hell, before Chrissy goes looking for revenge." Jayden giggled.

    Callum went to say something, but stopped when he realised that Jayden was right, so he just started giggling as well.


    Chrissy had planned to do a roast beef dinner, so they had all set to work sorting it out, as they talked about other stuff.

    "Do you think Jayden might have a thing for Callum?" Chrissy asked Becky, as she put the meet in the oven.

    "I'm not sure babe; they only just met each other." Becky said.

    "They met last night at the club."

    "No babe. Jayden met Kara at the club last night, not Callum." Becky said, as she stood with her hands on her hips. "Don't get any funny ideas about trying to do any match making." Becky warned Chrissy.

    "I have to agree with Becky on this one Chrissy." Amber said. "Jayden is still trying to get her head around the move, and seeing guys dressed like girls. I don't think she's ready for being pushed into dating one." Amber added.

    "Just give it some time, and see how things settle, then you can play match maker if you need to. We'll even help you plan it all out." Becky smiled, as she pulled Chrissy into a hug with her.

    "Okay, point taken. It is too soon to tell, it's just that Jayden was asking me questions about Kara and Callum this morning while I was in her bedroom." Chrissy said, just before giving Becky a quick kiss.

    "Jayden did upset Kara, so she might have just been worried about how it would affect her friendship with you." Amy offered as a reason for Jayden's questions.

    "That was what Jayden asked me about, so I guess you could be right Amy." Chrissy said with a sigh.

    "Don't look so down about it Chrissy. Just give Jayden some time to find her feet, and then see how she feels about Callum. That will also give you some time to see how Callum feels about Jayden." Becky said, as she hugged Chrissy a little tighter.

    Chrissy let Becky hug her for a little longer, then they all got back to making dinner. Once everything was ready to be cooked, or already cooking, like the meat in the oven. They all returned to the living room to sit down again, and carry on chatting.

    Callum seemed a little happier when they all got back in there, which made them all smile. He was chatting with Jayden about Chrissy, and how good she was with makeup. Chrissy just waited for Becky to sit down, and then she cuddled up to her, and let the others chat. Chrissy was happy to just cuddle with Becky, as she rubbed Becky's belly for her.

    Jayden ended up telling them about the web site photo shoot, and how Chrissy made a lot of friend with her makeup skills. Jayden found herself wondering how the girls were coping at St. Trinian's with out her and Chrissy.

    "Are you missing your job at the club Jayden?" Callum asked, as he saw the far away look she had.

    "I do a little bit, but I would have missed having Chrissy around more. So I know I made the right choice to move up here." Jayden smiled, as she looked at Chrissy cuddled up to Becky.

    "I can't imagine Chrissy doing anything without Becky by her side." Callum said, as he also looked at Chrissy.

    "I didn't get to meet the real Chrissy until Becky and the others turned up to bring her home again. By the time I got to meet Becky and the others, Chrissy was already cuddled up to Becky." Jayden giggled, when she thought about that night. "That was the first time I ever saw Chrissy really smile, and laugh. It was nice to see." Jayden added.

    "Thanks for keeping her safe for me Jayden." Becky smiled, as she stroked Chrissy's hair while she rested her head on Becky's chest. "I'll never be able to repay you for looking after her." Becky added.

    "Like I've already said Becky, I think it was more a case of Chrissy looking after me in the end." Jayden giggled.

    "That's Chrissy's coping mechanism." Becky smiled. "Baby, do you want to show Jayden our wedding album while we're waiting for dinner to cook?" Becky asked Chrissy, as she helped her to sit up.

    "Do you really want to see our wedding album?" Chrissy asked.

    "Yes please. I saw your wedding dress the other day, while Becky was letting me borrow one of your business suits. I'd love to see how you both looked when you were wearing them." Jayden was grinning as she said it.

    "Amy, you should get yours out as well, so Jayden can see how you and Amber looked on your big day." Chrissy said with a grin, as she stood up, and then pulled Amy up off the other sofa.

    Jayden and the others all sat there and smiled, as they watched Chrissy and Amy run up stairs to get the wedding albums. They were soon running back into the room, each carrying a large white leather album. Chrissy handed the album she was carrying over to Jayden, while Amy sat down next to Amber again, and waited for Jayden to look at Chrissy's first.

    "Do you mind if I look at them with you Jayden?" Callum asked, as he slid a little closer to Jayden, so he could get a better look at it.

    "No, not at All Callum, but I thought you would have seen them already." Jayden said.

    "No, they've never shown me the wedding albums. You must be a very special person." Callum said with a fake pout, just before he smiled again.

    "I'm sorry Callum. I never thought to let you look at it before now." Chrissy said looking hurt for not showing Callum the album before now.

    "Don't worry about it Chrissy, I was only joking with you." Callum said with a grin.

    Chrissy smiled, as she watched them looking at the photos. Then she pulled the album a little closer when she saw some water damage on some of the pagers. "What got spilt on the album baby?" Chrissy asked, as she turned to look at Becky for an answer.

    "I'm sorry babe, that's my fault. I'd sit and look at the album for hours while you were away, and I got upset." Becky said looking worried.

    "Your tears made these marks?" Chrissy asked in a whisper, as she ran her fingers over the water stains on the page the album was open on. "I made you do this. I hurt you and made you cry." Chrissy added, as she also started to cry, and add her own tears to the page Becky had cried on.

    "Hay baby, I was as much, if not more to blame for all the trouble. Please stop crying." Becky said, as she pulled Chrissy in for a hug.

    Jayden slid the album back off Chrissy's lap, and let Becky hug her until she stopped crying. Jayden went back to looking at the album with Callum, while Chrissy sobbed in Becky's arms.

    Chrissy finally stopped crying and sat up, so she could dry her eyes with a tissue that Amy had passed her. "I'm sorry for that everyone; I don't have any right to be like that." Chrissy said looking embarrassed for the sudden outburst of tears.

    "Don't worry about it sis. Are you feeling any better now you've got it out your system?" Mandy asked with some worry in her voice.

    "I do actually sis." Chrissy said, as she thought about it. Soon she cuddled up to Becky again, but without the tears this time. They both smiled, as they watched Jayden and Callum looking at their wedding photos.

    Once Callum and Jayden finished looking at Chrissy and Becky's wedding Album, Jayden passed it back to Chrissy. Then she held out her hands for Amy to pass her wedding album over, so her and Callum could look at theirs. Chrissy, Becky, Amy, and Amber left them looking at the album, while they went to finish making dinner.

    Amy was just looking at the time, and beginning to wonder if Ann and Brad were going to be a no show, when they heard someone coming in the front door. Just after that, she saw Ann and Brad enter the kitchen.

    "Sorry for cutting it close baby sister. We just lost track of the time." Ann said, as she walked over and gave Amy a hug.

    "Okay, I'll let you off this time with just a hug, but you know what will happen next time you don't turn up for one of my Sunday dinners." Amy said, as she hugged Ann back.

    "You're too good to me baby sister." Ann smiled.

    "I know I am, but I can't help myself." Amy smiled back.

    "Can I help you with anything?" Ann asked with a grin, as she already knew what the answer was going to be.

    "You're okay sis, if we need someone to burn a pan of water, we'll give you a shout." Amy said, with a hand on her hip, as she waved a fork around in her other hand.

    "Hey! I can cook a little bit, I'll have you know." Ann said with a hurt look on her face.

    "Sis, ordering food off a menu is not classified as cooking." Amy said sarcastically.

    "It's not?" Ann asked with a fake pout, just before she started grinning at Amy's joke. "And here I've been telling Brad what a great cook I am." Ann added, as she went over to stand with Brad again.

    "Don't worry baby. I didn't fall in love with your cooking skills anyway." Brad said with a grin, as he wrapped his arms around her.

    "Good job." Ann said as she looked up at him. "Well if we're not needed here, we may as well go and sit in the living room out the way then." Ann added, as she made her way towards the living room door from the kitchen.

    "Callum and Jayden are in there with Mandy and Carl. Dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes." Amy giggled, as she watched them leave the kitchen to join the others in the living room.

    Ann and Brad found Mandy and Carl cuddled up on one sofa, and Callum and Jayden looking at a photo album on another sofa. They sat on the last remaining sofa and said hi to everyone. They all said hi back.

    "We were beginning to think you two weren't going to make it here in time for dinner." Carl said, as he looked at them both.

    "What, and face Amy's wrath?" Brad said looking worried.

    This made Callum, Jayden, Mandy, and Carl laugh. They were all finding it hard to think of someone of Brad's size, being scared of Amy.

    There wasn't enough room around the kitchen table for them all to eat dinner, so the girls set the dinning room table, and then served dinner in there. Amber went to get the others once it was all on the table.

    Callum jumped up and then helped Jayden to her feet, before leading her out of the room and holding the door open for her. He then helped her to take a seat in the dinning room before sitting in the seat next to her.

    "This all looks really good." Callum said, as he looked at the spread laid out on the table in front of him.

    "I have to agree with Callum. This does look really good." Jayden said.

    "Thank you. Please get started and help yourself before it gets cold." Chrissy said, as she sat down next to Becky on the other side of the large dinning table.

    Everyone started passing bowls and plates around the table, as they filled up their plates and started eating.

    Jayden loved the food, and the company was even better. She found herself really liking Callum, but then she would suddenly look nervous around him again, when she remembered how he'd looked the night before. She'd put her walls back up again, and act a little cold towards him again.

    The way Jayden was acting around him didn't go unnoticed on Callum, and he had a good idea that it had to do with what happened the night before, and how he was dressed when they first met. It didn't stop him trying to just being friends with her though, and she was soon smiling and laughing along with the others, at some of the funny things Chrissy and the others had to say.

    Dinner was a hit, and then they all enjoyed a nice desert before clearing all the dishes away, and then Ann and Brad set to work doing the dishes with some help from Mandy and Carl. They sent Chrissy and the other girl's back to the living room to entertain Callum and Jayden.

    Once the dishes washed and put away, they returned to the living room and found somewhere to sit, before they all spent the rest of the night talking. Callum decided to leave just after nine, as he needed to be up early the next morning for work.

    "Thanks for the great dinner Chrissy, and it was nice to talk with Jayden." Callum said, as he got up to leave.

    "Thanks for coming over today, it was nice catching up on things with you." Chrissy smiled, as she walked him to the door.

    "I'm also glad that they were able to find you and get you back together with Becky again." Callum smiled. "I've never seen two people more suitably matched." Callum added, as he gave Chrissy a quick hug at the front door.

    "I never should have run away in the first place. I should have stayed and faced Becky with what I found out." Chrissy said, as she let her head drop in shame of what she'd done.

    "I don't think any of them care what you did Chrissy, so just move on and make the most of what you now have." Callum said, as he lifted Chrissy's head back up, and smiled at her.

    "They probably don't, but I'm still upset that I did what I did." Chrissy said with a sad look on her face

    "And you wouldn't be you, if you weren't." Callum chuckled. "I really need to be getting off Chrissy. Thanks again for a really nice dinner."

    "Will we be seeing you at the club on Tuesday? You still owe me some dancing mister." Chrissy said with a grin.

    "I can't make it in the week Chrissy, but I'll be there on Saturday, and I'll let you drag me down onto the dance floor this time." Callum smiled.

    "I'll hold you to that!" Chrissy shouted, as she watched Callum walk over to his car.

    Once Callum had driven off, Chrissy went back to find Becky, and try to catch up on all the kissing and cuddling she'd been missing.

    Brad stayed until just after ten, and then gave Ann a kiss and a hug at the front door before he left himself.

    Carl was staying another night, so he said he'd run Jayden into work the next morning with him, but he did sort out for Ann to bring her in on the Tuesday morning with her. With that sorted out, they all called it a night, and head off to bed.

 

Chapter 26: Working things out

    Chrissy and Amy were dancing around to a song on the radio, while Becky and Amber were standing giggling at them when Jayden entered the kitchen the next morning. She was wearing one of the new business suits that Carl had brought her last week.

    "Morning Jayden!" They all said at the same time.

    "Morning." Jayden said looking nervous, as she took a seat at the kitchen table.

    "You're looking very professional this morning. Ready for your first big day?" Chrissy asked, as she came over and poured Jayden a cup of tea. "Breakfast won't be long." Chrissy added with a smile.

    "Thanks Chrissy, but I think I'll just have a slice of toast." Jayden said with a nervous smile.

    "You can just relax, and drink your tea, and I'll have a full English breakfast ready for you shortly." Chrissy said, as she turned to go and finish helping Amy and the others get Breakfast ready.

    Jayden was about to try and argue with Chrissy, but stopped when she heard Mandy and Carl enter the kitchen, shortly followed by Ann. Carl helped Mandy to take a seat, and then he did the same for Ann, just before he poured them all a cup of tea, then he sat down next to Mandy.

    "Morning Jayden. Are you feeling alright?" Carl asked with a smile.

    "Morning. I'm fine, just a little nervous about today." Jayden smiled, just before taking another sip from her cup.

    "That's understandable, but you really don't need to be. Dale won't let you get in any trouble." Carl said with an even bigger smile.

    Before Jayden could reply to Carl, Chrissy put a plate of food in front of her. "There you go Jayden. Just what you need to start a busy day at a new job." Chrissy said with a grin.

    "Thanks Chrissy." Jayden said, as she looked down at the plate of food sat in front of her. She wondered how much of it she'd be able to eat.

    They were all sitting around the table eating their breakfast, and Jayden found herself clearing her plate and feeling much better for it. They had another cup of tea before Carl grabbed his jacket and then walked to the front door with Mandy at his side. Jayden got hugs of all the girls, and wishes of good luck on her first day at her new job, then she waited for Mandy to say goodbye to Carl, so they could leave.

    Mandy and the other girls stood on the doorstep waving to Carl and Jayden as they drove away. Then they ran back into the house to finish getting ready for work. Ann was already dressed, so she went back to the kitchen with Becky, while Chrissy, Amy, Amber, and Mandy went upstairs to get dressed.

    "It's nice to see you back to your old self Becky." Ann smiled, as they sat at the table. "It's not been the same around here without Chrissy." Ann added.

    "Not completely my old self." Becky said with a grin, as she put her hand on her belly.

    "Very true sis, very true." Ann replied with an even bigger grin, as she leaned over and put her hand on Becky's belly.

    Ann finished her cup of tea and then gave Becky a hug and a kiss on the cheek before she grabbed her bag and left for work. Becky was in the middle of washing the breakfast dishes when Chrissy, Amy, and Mandy all walked back into the kitchen. They still had some time to kill before they had to leave the house and get to the shop, so Chrissy grabbed a tea towel and started drying the dishes for Becky.

    "You don't need to do that baby." Becky said, as she looked at Chrissy drying a plate and stacking it on the side with another one she'd just wiped.

    "Yes I do my love. I need to do as much as I can, so you don't over do it yourself."

    "I'm not made of glass baby. I won't break if I do what I normally do around the house." Becky smiled.

    "I'm not going to risk it, so get use to doing less around here." Chrissy said, with her hands on her hips.

    "Callum was right yesterday. You have gotten a lot bossier since you've been away." Becky said with a frown.

    "Does that mean you don't love me any more?" Chrissy asked with a pout, as she walked over and stood behind Becky, as she wrapped her arms around her waist.

    "I never said that baby. I think it's sexy." Becky purred, just before kissing Chrissy on the cheek, as she leaned over her shoulder.

    Amy had grabbed a tea towel and helped Chrissy to wipe the dishes, and they put everything away before they left for work. Becky walked them to the front door, and then spent a couple of minutes stocking up on hugs and kisses to keep her going until she saw Chrissy later in the day. She stood and waved them off, and then returned to the house, and carried on sorting out the cleaning before she went back to bed for a couple of hours sleep.


    Jayden sat looking out the window as Carl drove his car towards the hotel. She was still nervous about how she'd do on her first day. Carl soon snapped her out of her worrying when he spoke to her.

    "Do you think you'll be okay living with Chrissy and the others then?"

    "I love it there with them all." Jayden smiled. "I never realised just how much fun Chrissy could be until you all turned up for her."

    "She really is one of a kind, but I wouldn't want to change a single thing about her. Well not much anyway." Carl chuckled.

    "I guess you'd like her to stand up for herself a little more and not just run away from her problem?" Jayden asked.

    "You guess right, but I think she's grown up a lot while she's been away. I also think that now she's going to be a parent, she'll not be doing anything that stupid again."

    While they'd been talking, Jayden had not noticed them pulling into the hotel until she saw a man walk over to open her car door for her.

    "Thank you very much." Jayden said to the man, as he opened the door and then helped her to get out of the car.

    Carl walked around to where Jayden stood, and he handed the car keys over to the man, and then led Jayden into the hotel, so they could go and find Dale. They both saw Dale standing over near reception talking to a couple of guests, or that's what Jayden took them to be.

    Dale finished his conversation when he saw Carl and Jayden enter the hotel, and he made his way over to meet them half way. "Good morning Jayden, Carl." Dale said with a smile, as he reached them.

    "Morning Dale." Jayden said with a nervous smile, as she looked around the lobby.

    "Morning Dale. Everything running smoothly?" Carl asked with a grin. He already knew it would be, and the look Dale gave him, just made him chuckle, then Dale chuckled with him.

    "Got any more dumb questions Carl?" Dale asked with a hand on his hip.

    "I'm sure I can think of a couple; just give me a couple of minutes." Carl replied, as he put a finger up to his lip and tapped it, as he looked deep in thought.

    Dale started chuckling again, and this soon set Jayden off giggling. They acted like friends, rather that boss and employee.

    "That's a better look for you." Dale smiled, when he saw Jayden giggle and look more relaxed. "I can understand how this would all seem quite nerve-racking at first, but I'll soon have you running this place for me." Dale added with a grin.

    Jayden could tell by the grin, that he was only joking, so she just smiled back at him. "I'm ready to get started, if you want to show me what you need doing Dale."

    "We're already doing it Jayden." Dale said, as he waved his arms around the lobby. Jayden looked around the lobby with a puzzled look on her face. "We're here to take care of any problems that pop up, and give the staff peace of mind that they have someone to fix said problems." Dale smiled.

    Carl could see that Jayden was in safe hands, so he decided to leave them to it, and head off up to his suit, so he could get ready for his first meeting of the day. "If you don't mind, I'll leave the two of you to carry on."

    "Okay Carl. I'll talk to you later no doubt." Dale smiled.

    "Thanks Carl. I'll talk to you later." Jayden said. She looked a little shocked when Carl gave her a hug.

    "Just relax Jayden, and let Dale show you how to run a hotel the right way." Carl whispered in her ear, as he hugged her.

    Jayden looked more relaxed when Carl broke the hug, and made his way over to an elevator, so he could go up to his penthouse. Jayden turned to Dale once Carl was out of sight, and she expected to see a change in his attitude towards her, but he was just the same parson that he was when Carl was standing there with them.

    "So are you ready to steal all my secrets then Jayden?" Dale asked with a smile, as he rubbed his hands together.

    "I'm not sure what I'm really doing here Dale." Jayden said with a worried look.

    "Come on, and don't look so worried. They can smell fear." Dale said with a frown, just before he smiled again.

    Jayden found herself giggling again. She liked Dale; he was nothing like the manager of the other hotel. She could see why all the staff worked so well for him, and how Carl could trust him to run the hotel for him. Jayden was soon following Dale around, and learning how he did things.


    Amy and Mandy were both on cloud nine having Chrissy back at the shop with them. They were working well together, had all the orders ready for the changing service by eleven o'clock, and were just having a drink when they heard the bell over the door sound, to tell them that they had a customer.

    "Do you think they stand around the corner and wait for us to take a break before they come into the shop?" Mandy asked, as she put her cup down, and went to get up.

    "I think they might." Amy giggled. "You take a break sis; I'll go and see what they want." Amy said. As she got up and wondered off to serve them.

    Amy walked out into the shop and just stopped dead in her tracks and let a big grin come across her face, as she saw Amber and Sara walking towards her. Amy was soon running down the shop to give her wife a big hug.

    "Hi baby! What brings you here?" Amy asked, as she wrapped her arms around Amber, just before kissing her.

    "Hello lover." Amber purred as they broke the kiss. "The boss lady wanted to have a word with Chrissy and the rest of you, and she couldn't wait to do it. So I've been turned into her taxi service." Amber added with a role of her eyes.

    "Hey! Your boss lady should sack you for flirting with the hired help." Sara said, as she playfully poked Amber in the arm.

    "Do you see what I have to put up with?" Amber giggled, as she tried to turn Amy around to act as a shield between her and Sara.

    Amy just giggled, as she found her self in the middle of a play fight between the two of them. They were soon joined by Chrissy and Mandy, whom had come out to see what all the giggling was about.

    "Hi Sara, Amber. What brings you to our happy little shop?" Chrissy asked, as she walked over to where Sara was standing, and gave her a hug.

    "Hi Chrissy. Sorry to bother you all, but I just needed to come and fill you all in on the details for the wedding." Sara was grinning as she said it.

    "Hi Sara. Does this mean you have the date now for when everything is going to be happening?" Mandy asked, as she also gave Sara a hug.

    "Yes! I had the final call I was waiting for this morning, so it's full steam ahead." Sara said, sounding all excited, as she started clapping her hands together.

    "So when is the big day?" Mandy asked.

    "Two weeks on Sunday." Sara beamed.

    "Wow, that's not far away. Will you have everything finished in time?" Mandy asked looking worried.

    "We already have everything ready to go, and have done for a while now. We just need to wait until the last minute to finish off Becky's brides maid dress." Sara said.

    Chrissy realised that if it weren't for her running away, they would have been married by now. She wondered if she'd ever live down what she'd done. Chrissy took a step back from the rest of them, and just stood quietly watching them chatter about plans for the big day.

    "We were just having a drink. Would you like to join us for one?" Chrissy asked. She was looking for a reason to excuse her self from the celebration.

    "That sounds like a great idea." Sara smiled.

    Chrissy went through to the back room and set about making Sara and Amber a cup of tea. She was just putting the cups on the table, as the others all entered the back room and took a seat at the table they had back there. They all sat having a drink and Sara filled them in on all the details she'd sorted with Carl's help. Chrissy just sat listening to the others talk until she'd finished her drink, then she got up.

    "I'll go and keep an eye on the shop, while you all finish your drinks." Chrissy said, just before leaving.

    "Is Chrissy still having trouble getting back into the swing of things?" Sara asked, just after they all watched Chrissy leave the room.

    "No, she's been fine. I'm not sure what the trouble is now." Mandy said with a puzzled look on her face.

    "Do you mind if Amber and I take a look around the shop? We're looking for some bits to add to a couple of outfits we're working on." Sara asked, as she stood up and then pulled Amber to her feet.

    "No rest for the wicked." Amber groaned, as she stood up, but she was grinning, so Sara just slapped her behind.

    "I'll show you wicked, young lady." Sara giggled.

    Amber ran off into the shop with Amy chasing her. Mandy and Sara giggled some more, as they followed them at a nice steady pace.

    Chrissy was checking stock, and working out what they needed to reorder later in the day when she saw Amber run out into the shop, followed by Amy. Then she saw Sara and Mandy come out just behind them. Chrissy sat at the counter watching Sara and Amber walk around the shop looking at different things; she had to smile when she saw that Amy was making the most of getting some extra time with Amber.

    Mandy was on her way over to the counter where Chrissy was, when a customer entered the shop, so she went to help.

    Chrissy was checking one of the shelves and was in a world of her own when she head a voice in her near ask her a question.

    "Is everything alright Chrissy?" Sara asked looking worried for her friend.

    Chrissy jumped and spun around, gripping the clipboard to her chest, as she looked at Sara like she was the devil himself.

    "I'm sorry Chrissy. I didn't mean to scare you." Sara said looking upset with her self for what she'd just done.

    "No, I'm sorry Sara. I was miles away just then." Chrissy said, as she tried to get her heart back to beating at a more normal rate.

    "We don't mind you being miles away in that way. It's just when the body has gone with it, that we start to worry." Sara giggled, as she looked at her friend. She soon stopped giggling though when she saw the hurt look Chrissy had. "I'm sorry Chrissy that was a really bad joke." Sara added with pout.

    "Please don't be sorry Sara. It's less than what I deserve for what I've done." Chrissy said with a sigh, as she tried to look anywhere except at Sara.

    "What's that suppose to mean Chrissy?" Sara asked. "Look at me, and tell me what's wrong." Sara added with a little anger in her voice.

    Chrissy finally looked at Sara, and she was close to tears as she started talking. "I'm what's wrong Sara. You and Cathy should be married already, but because of me, you had to wait." Chrissy had tears running down her cheeks as she said it. "I've got no right to be part of your big day, never mind Cathy still wanting me as her maid of honour."

    Sara was a little shocked at what Chrissy had just said, and it took her a couple of seconds to come up with a response to it. "Chrissy, if it wasn't for you, Cathy and I would never have met in the first place. So if you think either of us was going to get married without you being there, then you really don't know us very well."

    "I just feel really bad that you guys have had to wait." Chrissy sighed. "Why don't you all hate me? I hate me right now." Chrissy asked with a puzzled look on her face.

    "Chrissy, we can't hate you." Sara said, as she pulled her into a hug with her. "We've spent god knows how many weeks worried sick about you. Do you really think that we'd bring you back here, just to be mad at you?" Sara asked.

    "It's what I deserve, after what I did." Chrissy said in a mumbled voice, as she had her face pressed into Sara's shoulder.

    "You made a mistake. We all do it." Sara said. "Granted, you have to take it to a whole new level. But it was still just a mistake."

    "Are you sure that you and Cathy really want me as part of the wedding?" Chrissy asked through panda eyes, as she broke the hug with Sara and looked her in the eyes.

    "I'm not even going to answer that one young lady." Sara put her hands on her hips as she said it. "Now go and get yourself cleaned up before Mandy sees your face." Sara added, as she pointed towards a mirror, so Chrissy could see how bad she looked.

    Chrissy looked in the mirror and saw what Sara was getting at, and she made her way to the back room and then up stairs to the bathroom, so she could fix her makeup.

    Mandy finished with the customer, and then walked over to where Sara now stood chatting with Amy and Amber. She'd seen Sara and Chrissy talking, and then Chrissy hugging Sara just before she left the room.

    "Is everything okay with Chrissy?" Mandy asked looking worried.

    "Yes, everything is fine." Sara smiled. "She was just feeling a little guilty about us putting the wedding on hold until we found her. Chrissy doesn't think she should be part of the wedding after what she did." Sara added.

    "She's been jumpy ever since we got back last week. I was hoping that things would have been back to normal by now with her." Mandy said.

    "I think she's looking for everyone to punish her for what she did. But all she keeps getting is love and understanding." Sara said, as she watched Amy and Amber hugging each other, and stealing the odd kiss here and there.

    "We don't need to punish her. She's doing a good enough job on her own." Mandy said with a sigh. "I wish I knew how to sort this out once and for all. I just want the old Chrissy back." Mandy added.

    "Maybe there is a way to punish her, but let it be fun at the same time." Amber said with a grin, as she looked at the others.

    "What do you have in mind Amber?" Mandy asked.

    "Well she spent all that time as a waitress, so why don't we make her be a waitress at the club for a couple of nights." Amber said with an even bigger grin. "Chrissy will feel like she's been punished, and we can all have some fun at the same time." Amber added.

    "You do have a point, and she would look cute in one of those waitress uniforms." Mandy said, as she looked to be thinking about it. "I know Becky would enjoy bossing her around for a couple of nights as well. I'll have a word with Becky and Carl, but until then, don't say a word about it." Mandy added, as she pointed at Amy.

    Amy went to say something, but stopped when she saw Chrissy walk back into the shop. They all just smiled at Chrissy, as she walked over to where they were all talking.

    "You okay again now sis?" Mandy asked, as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy and hugged her.

    "Yes. Sorry about leaving the shop floor Mandy." Chrissy said.

    "Don't worry about it. We couldn't have you serving customers looking like you did." Mandy giggled.

    Chrissy looked at Mandy and even she had to smile, when she thought of how she looked before going to fix her makeup. Mandy and the others were happy to see a smile on Chrissy's face, and they hoped that the punishment they had planned for her would finally put all the trouble behind them.

    Sara and Amber stayed a little longer, and they left with a couple of boxes full of under clothing they wanted to use in some designs they were working on. Linda turned up with lunch, and had a quick chat with the girls before she left again with the orders for the changing service. Chrissy, Mandy, and Amy had lunch, and then got back to work.


    Jayden was learning a lot from Dale, and it was only her first day. They were talking to a couple of guests when she saw Carl step off one of the elevators and walk over to where they were. He waited for the guests to leave before she stepped over and started talking.

    "Dale, Jayden. How's everything going?" Carl asked.

    "Hi Carl. Everything is going fine. Jayden was being wasted in her old job; the staff already loves her, and are taking orders from her with no problems." Dale said, as he looked at Jayden with a smile.

    "Hello Carl. I am having a lot of fun, and Dale is good at his job. I've already learned so much from him."

    "You do look a lot more relaxed now, which is a good thing." Carl smiled. "I was wondering if you had some time free, so we can go over some of the staff at the other hotel." Carl asked, as he looked at Jayden and then Dale.

    "That's fine with me Carl. We can carry on tomorrow with your learning, not that you need it." Dale said.

    "Thanks for all the help Dale. I'll see you tomorrow then, if I don't see you later before I leave." Jayden said, as she smiled at Dale.

    Dale smiled back. "I look forward to it Jayden. Until tomorrow, I bid you farewell." Dale stood and watched Carl lead Jayden back over to the elevator before he returned to reception.

    Jayden watched as Carl put a credit card style key in a slot under the buttons in the elevator, and then she saw the display say penthouse. She was a little worried when she saw where they were going.

    "Why are we going up to a penthouse?" Jayden asked looking worried.

    Carl turned to look at her, and saw the worried look on her face. "Don't worry Jayden, it's nothing like that. I have an office in my penthouse, and I thought it would be better for us to go through the personnel files up here in privet."

    "Oh, sorry Carl. I should have known better than to even think that." Jayden said looking a little sheepish.

    "Don't worry about it. I'd never do anything to upset what I have with Mandy." Carl smiled. "I get the feeling that you've had trouble with that sort of thing in the past. I hope not at the club or hotel I own?" Carl asked looking worried.

    "Yes I have Carl, but no, not at the club, or hotel you own."

    "That's good then, but I'm sorry you had trouble like that." Carl didn't say anymore about it, and they were soon stepping out into Carl's penthouse.

    "Wow! This place is amazing Carl. I can see why you like this hotel the best." Jayden said, as she looked around the penthouse.

    "It is nice, but I love Mandy's house better, and like spending my time there with them." Carl said, as he looked around, trying to see what Jayden was seeing, but couldn't.

    Carl left Jayden to look around, and she found herself out on the patio area and walking around the large pool Carl had out there. She walked over, looked over the railing, and watched all the little figures walking around and the cars going backwards and forwards. Once she'd had enough of the view, she went back into the penthouse and found Carl sitting at a large table sorting out folders into different piles.

    "Sorry for being nosy Carl, but I've never seen anything like this, other than on the TV that is." Jayden said, as she took a seat next to Carl at the table.

    "That's alright Jayden. Mandy and the others were the same when they first came up here."

    "Do Mandy and the others come here very often then?"

    "Yes they do. They all love to use the pool, and just relax and order room service." Carl said with a grin. "I'm sure they'll drag you over with them the next time they come over." Carl added.

    "I'd like that, it sounds like fun." Jayden said with a grin.

    "Trust me it is." Carl smiled.

    Carl and Jayden spent the rest of the afternoon going through personnel files, and Jayden giving Carl details of what she new about each person. By the time they got to the last one, Carl knew everything he needed to know, and who was best for what job. They left the penthouse, and Carl took Jayden down to where Ann's office was, so she could get a lift home.

    Ann saw Carl and Jayden enter her office, and she got up and gave them both a hug. "Hi Jayden. How was your first day?" Ann asked, as she broke the hug with her.

    "I was really scared to start with, but once I calmed down I had a really good time. Dale is great at his job as well." Jayden said with a smile.

    "I'm sorry that I have to love you and leave you, but I want to grab a bite to eat before Carla has to come out and play." Carl said, as he gave them both a hug before he left the office.

    Ann and Jayden smiled, and waved to Carl as he left the office, and then Jayden waited while Ann shut off her computer, and grabbed her bag so they could leave.

    "Thanks for the lift home Ann. Do you need me to give you some money towards the fuel costs?" Jayden asked, as they sat in traffic.

    "You're welcome Jayden, that's what family's for." Ann smiled, as she looked at her. "The hotel covers the fuel cost, so don't worry about it." Ann added.

    "Do you really think of me as part of the family then Ann?" Jayden asked.

    "Yes, after what you did for Chrissy. I'm happy to have you as a sister." Ann said with a grin.

    "It feels strange to think that I'm part of a family like this one. I've never had one before." Jayden said with a far away look in her eyes.

    "You must have had a family at some point Jayden." Ann said.

    "No, I grow up in foster care. I stayed with families, but never had a real home. Guess I just wasn't the right sort of kid for anyone to want." Jayden said with a sad look on her face.

    "Sorry to hear that. You should sit and talk to Becky about it; she was the same until she met Mable, and then Chrissy. You know the rest of that story." Ann said with a raised eyebrow.

    "I'm really glad I found Chrissy. She's like a drug that you just can't get enough off, I just wish she was a little stronger, and stood up for herself a little more." Jayden said with a sigh.

    "Chrissy's the glue that holds us all together, not that I'd ever say that to her face. She'd just start worrying about it." Ann giggled.

    Jayden also giggled, she knew that Ann had a good point. She sat chatting with Ann for the rest of the trip home, as she looked out the window, taking in the sights.

    Ann and Jayden knew they were the last two to get home, seeing Becky's, Mandy's, and Amber's cars parked on the driveway. Ann parked next to Amber's and then got out, and waited for Jayden before entering the house and walking toward the kitchen, where they could hear all the noise coming from. They found Chrissy sitting on Becky's lap, and Amber sitting Amy's. They were talking about ideas for a hen party for Sara and Cathy. They stopped talking when they saw Ann and Jayden enter the kitchen.

    "Hi Jayden, how was your first day?" Chrissy asked with a smile.

    "Hello Chrissy, it was great Dale took me under his wing, and showed me the ropes." Jayden said, as s he took a seat at the table.

    Jayden filled them all in on her day, as she watched Chrissy, Amy and Amber help Becky make dinner. She had to repeat most of her story about her day when Mandy came back down from taking a shower, but she didn't mind. It was nice having a large group of people around to have a meal with.

    Chrissy went with Becky to take a shower and help her get ready, and then they all went to the door when Vicky turned up for Becky later. Once Becky had left for work, they went to the living room to watch some TV before calling it a night and going to bed.

 

To Be Continued Next week  

 

Written by SaraUK
Edited (I tried honest!) and Posted by ChrisW

 

 

up
166 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Happy Day after Turkey Day Part 8 is up!

Part 8 submitted for your approval!

 

Konichiwa

 

We now return you back to your scheduled program.....
Enjoy or the ___________ gets it!
Evil laughter rolls down from the fog shrouded embankment.


If you 1st can't get them to agree, then cut them to bits...

Konichiwa

yayyy!

I have finally kinda caught up with the entire series. WHEW!

I am glad Chrissy is evolving a bit as, rightly so, she will have to as a parent be willing to balance kindness and all that loving sensitivity with firmness of purpose. She is learning conflict resolution which she will have to do a lot of when her child reaches adolescence *shudder*.

My only comment about the whole decorating the room thing is that given what Chrissy knows, trying to stereotype the baby's room decor to the gender of the baby is like HUH?

I would suggest a neutral color scheme and then evolve it as the child expresses an interest.

The whole waitressing at the Club thing? I would suggest they think that through very carefully if they do not want to hurt Chrissy's feelings.

Kim

Ummm, Chrissy might not understand so well...

Considering how easily she is hurt, maybe everybody should present this to her in the right way...she could have fun, or be miserable, depending on how they tell her. I love Chrissy, but if she misunderstands, it could be very bad. Hurting Chrissy could hurt Becky and Amy, which would hurt everybody else.

Still, if done right, it could be fun!

Wren

They Should Know By Now!

jengrl's picture

They should know by now that hiding things from Chrissy does not turn out so well. They might want to really think through their plan. I think she won't run away again, but there will be some very hurt feelings if they don't think this through. Chrissy is already heaping punishment on herself over Sara and Cathy's wedding delay. Maybe they could come up with a way to make it seem like a charity thing where people will pledge so much to see all the girls working as waitresses for one evening. The tips could be donated for causes that help transgendered people find jobs and housing.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 8 By SaraUK

The one that I'm worried about is Becky's and Chrissy's baby. If anything happens to hurt either of them or Amy, the baby could suffer from it.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Chrissy needs a big label

"HANDLE WITH CARE"

They've just got her back after two months; isn't anyone thinking with their brains? I remember the previous 'punishment' idea.

Thanks Sara and ChrisW; great job as usual.

S.