You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 31

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 31

Chapter 75

    Becky was just working out what to make for dinner when her mobile started ringing, so she walked over and picked it up to look at the display and who it was. Becky quickly hit the call button to take the call when she saw it was Jayden.

     “Hi Jayden, is everything okay?” Becky asked with worry in her voice.

     “Hi Becky, yes everything is fine, I was just wondering if it would be okay to bring a friend home with me later for some dinner with us all?” Jayden asked.

     “Sure, I normally make too much for us all to eat anyway.” Becky replied sounding happier now she knew that Jayden was making new friends. “I look forward to meeting this friend.” Becky added.

     “So do I Becky.” Jayden said with a hint of worry in her voice now. She had no idea how any of the others were going to react when they saw Kara walk into the house with her. Jayden was just grateful that Carl would be with her. “I’ll see you later then sis. Bye!” Jayden said trying to sound happier than she felt.

     “Okay sis. Bye!” Becky replied looking at the phone with a puzzled look. “Why wouldn’t I like her friend?” Back said out loud to herself.

    Ann was going to meet them there once she’d picked Brad up from the club. She’d called him while Jayden and Kara were sat in her office after they had gone to Ann and let her read the letter while Jayden and Kara just sat on a sofa she had in there. They cuddled each other while Ann read the letter and found out about all the things this Stephen and Donna made Callum and Kara do for them. Then she read about the things they were planning to make Kara do, and she was red with anger when she finally slammed the letter down on the desk.

     “I trust they’ve been taken care of?” Ann asked through gritted teeth.

     “Yes, that’s why I’m dressed like this.” Kara said as she looked down at the woman’s business suit she was still wearing. She wasn’t happy when Cathy said she could keep it as a gift to remind Kara of the time she beat Stephen and Donna. The corset was still really tight, and Jayden thought she looked to sexy in it to change into something less restrictive.

     “You do look very different dressed like that, and with your blond hair up in a bun like it is. I just love the glasses as well. They make you look very professional.” Ann smiled, calming down a little now. “I didn’t realise it was you Kara until Jayden told me.” Ann added with a giggle now. “I’m glad that you didn’t get arrested, and I’m sorry you lost your job because of it though.”

     “You and me both.” Kara frowned.

     “And me three.” Jayden grinned as she cuddled up to Kara a little more.

    Ann smiled as she saw how happy Jayden was again now. Ann hadn’t seen Jayden this happy in quite some time, and she looked like a different woman to the one that sat playing with the tub of ice cream last night.

     “Do you mind if I take this with me to show Brad when I pick him up?” Ann asked as she held up the copy of the letter Callum had written for Carl to read. “I’d rather he have some idea of what to expect when he gets to Mandy’s house.”

     “Please do Ann; I don’t want to be on the receiving end of Brad’s temper when he sees me at Mandy’s.” Kara said looking scared now.

     “He wouldn’t dare raise a finger to you Kara, not while I’m around anyway.” Ann said in a firm voice. “Well, maybe a pat on the back for a job well done, but nothing serious.” Ann added with a little grin.

     “I have a couple more copies anyway Ann.” Jayden said as she pattered her purse where she’d put them. Carl had run her off three copies, so all the girls would have a chance to read it before one of them took a swing at Callum or Kara.

     “So what do you have planned for the rest of the day then Kara?” Ann asked, wanting to change the subject to a much lighter topic.

     “She’s going to help me in the lobby until Carl’s ready to run us home to see Becky and the others.” Jayden told Kara.

     “Looks like I’m working in the lobby.” Kara smiled. “Do you think Carl might feel sorry for me, and give me a job?” Kara asked with a giggle.

     “It doesn’t hurt to keep your options open my love.” Jayden purred just before she kissed Kara on the lips. “Come on, we need to get back out there and also I’m sure Ann has things she needs to be doing.” Jayden added as she got up and helped Kara to her feet before they waved at Ann, and then they left to go and see if Dale needed any help out in the lobby.

    Ann smiled as she watched Jayden lead Kara away by the hand. Ann had always thought Callum to be nothing special as a man, but as Kara, he looked quite beautiful most the time, but Cathy had done a real number on her this time and she looked amazing. Ann couldn’t help but watch the sexy walk Kara had at the minute due to the tight skirt and high heels, and what Ann thought looked like a corset under her jacket. She wondered if Chrissy and the others would know it was Kara when they first saw her later.

     Kara was happy to let Jayden drag her along right up until she saw who Dale was stood with near the reception desk, and then she just stopped dead in her tracks, pulling Jayden to a stop with her.

     “What’s wrong Kara baby?” Jayden asked when she saw the worried look on Kara’s face. Jayden quickly looked around, thinking that the police or someone worse was waiting for her in the lobby, but all she saw was a couple of guests walking around and Dale stood talking to Diane at the reception desk. “Are you scared of facing your mum Kara?” Jayden asked as she stepped back to stand at Kara’s side now.

     “Yes. She’s going to be really mad with me for letting Stephen and Donna trick me into using stolen credit cards to steal even more things.” Kara said as she started backing away, but it was too late, Diane had already seen the two of them and was making her way over.

     “I’m sorry my love, but it looks like she’s already seen you.” Jayden frowned as she looked at Diane with a face like thunder walking across the lobby to join the two of them.

     “I want a word with you young lady!” Diane said through gritted teeth as she got closer to them.

     “I think we better take this into Dale’s office Diane.” Jayden warned as she looked around the lobby at some of the guests who had now stopped to see what Diane was about to do to the two woman stood together looking worried.

     “Fine, lead the way Jayden.” Diane never took her eyes off Kara as she spoke.

    Jayden took Kara by the hand again and led her to a door marked private, and then opened it to let Kara and Diane enter before she entered herself.

     “I hope that it’s just some stupid joke I’ve been hearing about from Dale?” Diane asked once Jayden had closed the door so they had a little privacy.

     “No mum, it’s probably all true.” Kara said looking like a small child, even though she was wearing a woman’s business suit.

     “Probably? Were you or were you not blackmailed, forced to steal, lost your job, and spent the morning helping the police to arrest two people for their part in all of it?” Diane asked.

     “Yes mum that pretty much covers it.” Kara said looking done at her feet, or more her breast that were blocking the view to her feet.

     “How could you be so stupid? I thought you were smarter than this Callum?” Diane asked using his male name she was so upset with him. “You should have come to me about it, not try and fix it all on your own.” She added as she wrapped her arms around Kara and hugged her. Diane was just glad to not be visiting her son in prison.

     “I’m sorry mum, but I was worried about getting anyone else in trouble.” Kara said as she hugged her mum back.

     “I’m just glad Carl was able to help you get them both without you going to jail with them.” Diane said as she kept hugging Kara. “I think you look very pretty and business like in that outfit.” Diane added as she broke the hug with Kara and stepped back to take a proper look.

    Kara and Jayden took a little time to explain what had happened while Callum was being blackmailed, and how he had recorded the proof he needed to catch them in their own trap, and then how he was ready to face jail to keep Jayden and the others safe. Diane was proud of what her son was ready to do, and what he had done to put a stop to their crime spree.

    Once Diane was satisfied, Jayden took Kara out to help her work in the lobby sorting out any little problems the guests came to them with. Carl finally came down to see how everyone was doing, and he walked over to where Dale was stood talking to Diane while they watched Kara and Jayden help the guests.

    Kara was busy helping a couple of crossdresser’s sort out a couple of places to go and do some shopping while Jayden helped an old couple work out why their room key card wasn’t working.

     “How’s Kara doing Dale?” Carl asked as he stood watching her help the two girls relax and have fun with their dressing up. Kara had called over one of the hotel drivers and was explaining where she wanted him to take the two girls to do some clothes shopping before taking them to see Chrissy at her and Mandy’s shop so they could sort out some underwear. Kara told them to say Jayden sent them. She didn’t think it would be good to say that she had sent them.

     Kara had a fun afternoon helping Jayden, but she was nervous when Carl finally came to find them, so they could all head round to Mandy’s house for dinner. Kara said she could drive herself, but Carl and Jayden didn’t trust her to not go straight home. Jayden held Kara’s hand again and led her out to Carl’s car like she was a small child being led to the dentist or some other place children were normally scared to go. Jayden soon had Kara sat in the back of the car with her while Carl drove.

    Carl was pulling into Mandy’s drive sooner than she thought Carl would be, but she was glad to see that Amber’s Mini was missing as well as Ann’s car and Mandy’s too. Kara knew she wouldn’t be walking into a room full of angry people now. Becky would be the only one at home right now, and Kara could cope with that.

    Becky had just sat down at the kitchen table after checking on dinner when she heard the front door. She smiled hoping it was Chrissy getting home early with Amy and Mandy, but it was Jayden, Carl and the new friend Jayden had called about at lunchtime.

     “Hi Carl, Jayden, and?” Becky had a questioning look on her face as she waited for Jayden or Carl to introduce the blond woman in the smart looking business suit to her, but neither of them made any effort to do so. Becky soon noticed that the woman did look familiar, and she noticed that Jayden was holding her hand like they were more than just friends. Then it hit Becky as to who the woman was. “Kara?! Is that you?” Becky asked part in shock, but mainly in anger for what had happened the day before.

     “Calm down Becky, I need you to sit and read this before you start shouting and saying things you will later regret.” Jayden said as she stepped forward and handed some folded sheets of paper to her.

    Becky scowled at Kara for a second before she sat back down and then started reading the letter Callum had wrote to Carl, explaining everything he’d been through in the past four weeks. Becky was Angry and shocked by the time she got to the end, and she was also very worried as to what would happen to Callum/Kara when the police found out, not yet knowing that it had already been sorted.

     “What happens now? When are you going to the police? Will you be trying to help him Carl?” Becky asked one after the other, but with pleading in her voice with the last question.

     “It’s already been sorted Becky, that’s why Kara is stood here with Jayden now.” Carl smiled as he looked over at Jayden stood protectively close to Kara over in the corner of the kitchen. “Callum’s been cleared of his part in it all due to the blackmail, and the fact he’s helped stop a major crime spree.” Carl added with a smile.

     “I’m sorry that you went through all that Kara, but you should have come to us when it first started, and we would have helped you get out of it.” Becky said in a scolding way.

     “I was worried that I might just end up dragging all of you into it with me, so I thought it best to just work it out on my own while I got the evidence I needed to put a stop to it all once and for all.” Kara said as she hung her head in shame.

     “You do realise that you’re an idiot, right?” Becky said with a frown.

     “Yes, I’ve been getting told that a lot today.” Kara giggled. “Jayden? Do you still have the locket on you?” Kara asked as she looked at Jayden.

    Jayden put her hand in her pocket and pulled out the locket Becky and the others had given her after all the trouble over Chrissy’s diary and placed it on the table in front of Becky.

     “Why are you giving us this back Kara?” Becky asked with a puzzled look as she picked it up and looked at it.

     “I’m not sure I deserve it anymore Becky, so I want you to have it back until such time as you all agree that I am still your friend.” Kara said it with worry in her eyes. “After the way Chrissy looked at me yesterday, I’m not even sure I’ll be allowed anywhere near any of you after she gets home from work.” Kara added with even more worry, but in her voice this time.

     “Chrissy will be fine once she understands the reason for you being with that woman yesterday, and why you’ve been acting so strange these past four weeks.” Becky said in a dismissive way.

    Amber was the next one to get home, and she had pretty much the same reaction Becky had shown, but she too was glad to find out it was all a big mistake. Amber was more upset over the fact she’d just spent the whole day with Sara, and she never said a word about it.

    Ann was the next to get home with Brad walking just behind her. Ann had given Brad a copy of the letter to read as she drove them back to the house, so Brad was up to speed and wasn’t about to rip Callum or Kara apart when he saw them. Brad thought it was a brave thing he was about to do before Carl stepped in and offered his help to sort it out.

    The biggest hurdle was about to arrive as they all heard the front door, just before they saw Chrissy enter the kitchen looking for her wife, with Amy following close behind looking for hers. Amy had seen Amber’s mini parked out on the drive, so she already knew she was home.

    Chrissy’s smile faded when she saw all the worried looks on their faces, but she soon relaxed when she saw that Becky was sat at the kitchen table looking okay, apart from the worried look like the others had. Chrissy then spotted a face she didn’t know, but it did look familiar. Chrissy looked the woman up and down for a couple of seconds before looking her right in the eyes behind the glasses she was wearing, then it hit Chrissy as to who the woman really was.

     “Callum! What the hell is HE! Doing here?” Chrissy asked with rage pouring out of her as she took two steps towards where Kara was now backed into a corner looking very scared.

     “Please Chrissy, just calm down and let us explain something to you.” Jayden said as she stepped between Chrissy and Kara.

     “Why would I want to sit and listen to anything he’s told you? It’s all just lies so he can hurt you when it suits him.” Chrissy shouted, not even pretending to think of Callum as Kara even once.

     “Chrissy, you have it all wrong.” Becky said as she got up from the table and stepped over to try and calm her wife down enough for them to explain what had been going on.

     “No I don’t! He’s got you all fooled, you don’t know him like I do.” Chrissy said as she backed away from Becky and the others. “Get him out of my house this minute!” Chrissy shouted.

     “That’s not going to happen Chrissy, not until you sit down and let us explain everything to you.” Becky said in a firm voice, hoping it would shock Chrissy into calming down and taking a seat, but not even that would calm Chrissy down this time.

     “Fine, then I’ll leave!” Chrissy said as she spun on her heels and stormed out the room, and then out the front door. Chrissy had no idea where she was going, but she just needed to get away from Callum.

    Chrissy didn’t even make it to the end of the drive before she found herself being picked up and carried back into the house by Brad. She would have tried to get free, but Jo had never shown her how to break free from a man holding you at arm’s length while pinning your arms to your side and you legs unable to make contact with anything.

     “Put me down Brad!” Chrissy growled as Brad walked back into the house and then the kitchen, still holding Chrissy at arm’s length like she was an unexploded bomb or something just as dangerous, which right now was about right.

     Mandy and Amy were still stood with puzzled looks on their faces as they watched Brad enter the kitchen and then sit Chrissy down in a chair so Becky could sit on her knee to stop Chrissy getting back up again, and Becky knew that Chrissy wouldn’t risk hurting her in anyway. Chrissy did finally calm down enough for someone to speak.

     “Will you please let one of us explain everything to you before you storm off again?” Becky asked as she looked Chrissy in the eyes after forcing her to look at only her. Chrissy went to speak, but Becky pinched her lips together. “You listen, let someone else speak.” Becky warned.

     “I wish someone would explain what the hell is going on.” Mandy said with a frustrated look as she walked over to stand with Carl.

    Jayden knelt down next to the seat Chrissy was now sat on with Becky still sat on her knee with her fingers holding Chrissy’s lips closed. “I’m sorry if all this is upsetting you Chrissy, but we really did have it all wrong yesterday.” Jayden pleaded with Chrissy to understand. “Callum was being blackmailed into doing things with that woman we saw Kara with yesterday, and also a man Callum worked with.” Jayden added.

    Chrissy asked. “So he wasn’t cheating on you with another woman then?” But it just came out as a long mumble none of them could understand.

    Jayden looked at Chrissy with a puzzled look, not understanding whether Chrissy understood, or she was just grumbling about them all still trusting Callum. “It’s all true Chrissy, please believe me.” Jayden pleaded some more.

    Chrissy frowned at Becky, which didn’t help matters, as this just made Becky think that Chrissy was being overly stubborn about it all. “Will you please take your fingers off my lips so I can speak?” Chrissy asked, but once again it was just an angry sounding mumble that everyone heard.

     “Why are you being so pig headed over all this?” Becky asked.

    Chrissy growled in frustration just before she slapped Becky’s hand away from her mouth, causing Becky to pinch Chrissy’s lips as she was forced to let go. “Ouch! That hurt.” Chrissy moaned and she slapped a hand over her stinging lips.

     “Serves you right for not letting us explain things to you before you go flying off the handle.” Becky said in a hurt tone.

     “I asked if you could remove your fingers so I could speak again, and before that I only asked if we were wrong about Callum cheating on Jayden.” Chrissy whined as she rubbed her saw lips.

     “Oh sorry.” Becky said looking a little sheepish now. “You still shouldn’t have stormed off before finding out all the facts though.” Becky added, as she tried to defend her actions.

     “Well what was I suppose to think after what we all saw yesterday?” Chrissy asked as she looked around the room. “How do you all know that he’s not just lying to you all, as part of a bigger plan?” Chrissy added, still not trusting Callum.

     “Chrissy, I can vouch for Callum and Kara on this issue.” Carl said as he stood with his arm wrapped around Mandy’s waist. “Kara’s spent the better part of the morning with the police while they arrest the two people responsible for it all.” Carl added.

     “Callum lost his job today because he went to the office dressed like this Chrissy.” Jayden said as she pointed towards Kara and what she was wearing. “He was ready to turn himself in to the police over it all, just to stop them being able to blackmail anyone else.” Jayden was pleading with her eyes for Chrissy to understand.

    Chrissy just sat looking at them all and then looking at Kara, but Kara just kept looking down at the floor or anywhere else except at Chrissy. “I still think it all seems a little convenient that all this happens the day after we catch him with another woman.” Chrissy said with a scowl.

    Everyone except Amy and Mandy all groaned and threw their arms up in the air at the fact Chrissy still wouldn’t believe any of them.

     “I don’t know how else to prove it to you Chrissy.” Carl said with frustration in his voice.

     “I do Carl.” Kara said from the corner of the room. “Let her have the DVD’s I cut for you with all the recordings on that I made. Maybe once she’s listened to them, she might feel like trusting what I say after that.” Kara sighed as she stepped away from the corner and went to leave the room.

     “Where are you going Kara?” Jayden asked looking worried.

     “I’m going home Jayden, so if I could get my house keys back, and then I will call for a taxi and be on my way.” Kara said close to tears as she left the room.

     “There are recordings of him being blackmailed?” Chrissy asked, not sure anymore about her thinking Callum had just made the whole story up.

     “Yes there are. Callum went to Cathy last night to leave a couple of letters and some disks with all the conversations Callum and Kara had had with the people blackmailing him on.” Carl pointed out not looking very happy at the fact Chrissy didn’t believe him. “The phone call I got last night while I was here, was from Sara asking me to get round to her place because Callum was about to turn himself in to the police. He had no plans to even try to fix things with Jayden until I turned up with a couple of my best lawyers in tow.” Carl added.

     “I didn’t know any of that, so how was I supposed to know that he was in trouble.” Chrissy whined now she realised just how much of a bitch she’d been.

     “No you didn’t know because you never gave anyone time to explain it all to you.” Becky grumbled. “What’s with the sudden dislike to Callum and Kara anyway?” Becky asked with a puzzled look this time.

     “I don’t want to see him start hurting my friends, like he hurt me for all those years.” Chrissy said as a tear ran down her cheek due to how angry she felt with herself right now for acting like she did.

     “Don’t you see baby? Callum was the one being bullied this time.” Becky said as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy and hugged her close. “You should understand better than most, just how alone he must have felt while being forced to do what they wanted him or her to do.” Becky added as she hugged a sobbing Chrissy even tighter.

    Jayden was stood in the hallway trying to talk Kara into stopping while they convinced Chrissy that it was all true when the kitchen door flew open and Chrissy burst into the hallway looking like something out of a horror film with make up running down her face from where she’d been crying. Jayden and Kara both let out a little squeal when they saw the look in her eyes and thought she’d finally lost it and was about to kill Kara.

     “Don’t start anything Chrissy; I’m leaving just as soon as Jayden gives me my house keys.” Kara said backing away from Chrissy as she walked over to where she and Jayden had been stood talking.

    Before Kara had time to react she saw Chrissy jump at her, but instead of being attacked like she thought, Chrissy just wrapped her arms around Kara and hugged her. “I’m sorry Kara, Callum. I’m so sorry for acting like such a bitch to you just now.” Chrissy mumbled as she buried her head into Kara’s shoulder.

     “You’re not a bitch for looking after your friends Chrissy.” Kara said once she’d recovered from the shock of suddenly having Chrissy hugging her after the way she first reacted.

     “But you’re a friend and I just treated you badly.” Chrissy mumbled again. Still not lifting her head out of Kara’s shoulder.

     “I didn’t think we were friends any more Chrissy? You said that you never wanted to see me near you or your friends ever again yesterday.” Kara pointed out.

     “That was when I thought you were cheating on Jayden, but know I’ve been told what really happened, I know I was wrong.” Chrissy said as she finally lifted her head up to look Kara in the eyes this time. “Sorry. Can you forgive me?” Chrissy asked, looking hopeful.

     “Nothing to be forgiven for Chrissy. I was an idiot to let them trap me in their evil plan in the first place.” Kara said with a shrug.

    Chrissy grinned and then gave Kara a peck on the cheek before she stepped back and started to giggle. “Thanks Kara, but can I ask you a simple question?” Chrissy asked as she looked at her with a puzzled look.

     “Sure, go ahead and ask me.” Kara said with a roll of her eyes. Kara knew that Chrissy was going ask why she never went to her when she first got in trouble, but she had to expect the same question form them all. Kara was shocked when that wasn’t the question Chrissy asked.

     “What’s with the glasses? They kind of make you look a little nerdy.” Chrissy said as she screwed her nose up a little bit, not liking the brainy look on Kara.

     “It was Cathy’s idea to make me look a little different.” Kara said with a sigh.

     “Well we all know who you are here, so do you mind if I just do a couple of little things to make you look better?” Chrissy asked.

     “Sure, do whatever you want Chrissy.” Kara smiled as she lifted her arms out to the side and closed her eyes waiting for Chrissy to do whatever it was she wanted to do.

    Chrissy stepped forward and removed the glassed and then stepped behind Kara and took her long blond hair out of the bun Cathy had put it in. “Shake your head around to loosen up your hair for me Kara.” Chrissy said as she stepped back around to stand next to Jayden.

     “Better?” Kara asked as she opened her eyes and saw Chrissy and Jayden smiling at her.

     “Much better.” Chrissy smiled.

     “Very sexy I’d go with.” Jayden purred as she stepped over to wrap her arms around Kara just before kissing her.

     “I might have said something similar, but I don’t want Becky getting the wrong idea.” Chrissy giggled as she watched the two of them kissing. Chrissy was glad to see Jayden looking happy again. She’d seen how depressed Jayden had gotten over the last four weeks, but now it was just like looking at the Jayden she first met all them months ago now.

     “You might want to do something with your makeup Chrissy.” Jayden pointed out when she stopped kissing Kara and looked at Chrissy. “We have sexy.” Jayden grinned when she pointed at Kara. “And we have psycho.” Jayden added with a giggle when she pointed at Chrissy.

    Chrissy looked a little hurt at Jayden’s comment until she turned to look in the mirror, and she made herself jump when she saw the mess her face was in. She’d got streaks of mascara all down both cheeks and her lips looked all red and puffy from where Becky had pinched them. “I can see what you mean Jayden.” Chrissy grinned at her own reflection. “It could be a new look for me, don’t you think?” Chrissy asked as she struck a sexy pose for them.

     “I think I like the other look better sis.” Jayden giggled.

     “I’d have to agree with Jayden on this one Chrissy.” Kara also giggled at just how silly Chrissy looked.

     “Okay then.” Chrissy sighed, looking disappointed at first, but she was soon grinning again. “You two go back to the kitchen, while I pop up stairs and sort out this mess.” Chrissy said as she pointed first to the kitchen door before she pointed at her face.

    Jayden and Kara watched Chrissy run up the stairs, just before the two of them wandered back into the kitchen. They found Becky having an argument with Amy and Amber over who was going to sort out dinner, and it looked like Becky was losing. Amy had led Becky back to the table and was just helping her to take a seat when they walked in.

     “Did you finally get it all sorted out?” Carl asked, looking worried when he saw Jayden and Kara, but no Chrissy enter with them.

     “Yes we got it all sorted out.” Jayden smiled. “Chrissy sent us both back in here while she pops up stairs to fix her makeup.” Jayden added as she led Kara over to the table and sat her down before she sat herself down on Kara’s knee.

    Chrissy was soon walking back into the room and she smiled when she saw Becky sat at the table looking at her, she was also smiling. “You feeling any better now baby?” Becky asked as Chrissy walked over and sat down next to her.

     “Yes I’m fine now. Sorry for being such a bitch earlier.” Chrissy said as she looked around the room. Chrissy rubbed her arms where Brad had grabbed them to carry her back into the house earlier, and it didn’t go unnoticed with some of the others, Brad being one of them.

     “Did I hurt you earlier Chrissy? I’m sorry if I did.” Brad said looking worried.

     “It hurt a little bit Brad, but don’t worry about it.” Chrissy waved off his concerns. “You know how easy I bruise.” Chrissy joked with them all, but she could see that Brad was still worried.

     “Do you mind showing me the tops of your arms where I grabbed you then Chrissy?” Brad asked, he wasn’t going to be happy until Chrissy had shown him just how bad he’d hurt her.

    Chrissy was in her bathrobe, having removed her clothes while in the bedroom sorting out her makeup. “Not really Brad, I’m not wearing very much under here.” Chrissy lifted part of her bathrobe to indicate what she meant.

     “I know you’re lying Chrissy. I can see part of the silk top you have on.” Brad pointed out as he could see a little bit of white silk showing between the gaps in her bathrobe.

    Chrissy had only removed her jacket, blouse and shoes before slipping on a white silk top, slippers and bathrobe. She didn’t think anyone would notice the top under her Bathrobe. “I told you not to worry about it Brad.” Chrissy said in a firmer voice this time.

     “Chrissy, show me your arms.” Brad said in an even firmer voice, as he just glared at her.

     “Just let him see your arms baby.” Becky said as she pulled down Chrissy’s bathrobe on one side so Brad could take a look and see that there was nothing to look at. Becky soon let out a gasp when she saw the large red mark on Chrissy’s arm. Becky was soon looking at the other arm and saw the same thing on that one too.

     “I’m so sorry Chrissy; I never meant to hurt you when I brought you back into the house.” Brad said looking really angry with himself now.

     “Brad, I told you not to worry about it. They’ll be gone again in an hour or so.” Chrissy shrugged it off. “If we weren’t about to sit and eat dinner Brad, I’d be kicking your ass this very minute.” Chrissy tried to make it sound threatening as she said it.

    This soon had them all laughing, even Brad couldn’t help chuckling as he looked at Chrissy making little fists at him. “I give up, I give up, you win Chrissy.” Brad chuckled some more as he put his hands up as a sign of surrender.

    Dinner was soon ready and they all sat down to enjoy it. They all grilled Kara for details why they ate. So Kara filled in some of the bits that never made it into the letter. Then she filled them in about Stephen trying to force his way into Callum’s house the night before, but John and Richard stopped him long enough for Callum to get in the house and then lock the door.

    Talk soon turned away from Kara, and they ended up talking about the club, and the shop. Kara was glad to feel like part of a group again. She thought that Stephen and Donna could steal all they wanted, but they would never be able to buy moments like this.

    Kara helped Jayden wash and dry the dishes when dinner was over. Chrissy and Becky went up to get ready for work, while the others all went to the living room to relax and take it easy for the rest of the night.

    Carl wasn’t going to the club; he was taking a night off and spending it with Mandy, due to him missing out the night before. Brad got a lift back to the club with Chrissy and Becky, when Vicky arrived for them a little later.

    Kara wasn’t shocked when Jayden informed her that she was going to be stopping the night, as Kara had nothing to rush of for anymore, being unemployed at the minute. It had been weeks since Kara or Callum got to spend any time with Jayden, so she wasn’t bothered about being forced to stop the night. She just hoped to get some sleep at some point, but Kara had her doubts when she saw the grin Jayden had on her face, when they went up to her room early. Jayden said she was feeling tired, but Kara thought she was feeling anything but when they entered the bedroom.

 

Chapter 76

    It was Kara that joined the others for breakfast the next morning. Callum had no real reason to make a comeback anytime soon, so he thought it would be nice to spend some time as Kara without feeling the need to run from a shop after buying things using stolen credit card details.

     “What you got planned for today then Kara?” Carl asked as they ate breakfast.

     “Nothing much. Jayden’s asked me if I want to go to the hotel with her, just for something to do.” Kara said, hoping that Carl wouldn’t ask her not to.

     “I saw you helping out a couple of the customers from the changing service yesterday. I must say you did a really good job.” Carl said.

     “Thanks Carl. I was just trying to help them relax while they enjoyed the experience.” Kara smiled back. “I remember how scared I was the first time I used the service.” Kara added with a giggle.

     “You might be able to help me solve a problem that’s been bugging me for some time with the changing service Kara.” Carl said looking thoughtful for a second.

     “Just name it Carl. I owe you more than I could ever repay as it is.” Kara said sitting forward to hear what Carl could use her, or Callum’s help with.

     “I’d like you to take on the role of manager in charge of the changing service. Be a face that the guests and customers can come to with any problems they may have. Show them around some of the safer places they can go and shop. That sort of thing.” Carl said in a matter of fact way.

     “You want me to come and work for you as Kara?” She asked looking shocked at what Carl had just asked.

     “I want you to work for me as both Kara and Callum, which ever you feel in the mood to be on any given day.” Carl shrugged. “I’ll also need you to help out at the club while Becky’s pregnant, but I’ll let you sort that out with Becky later.” Carl added as he looked at Becky to make sure she understood that he wasn’t trying to replace her, just give her some much needed help.

     “Yes I’ll do it!” Kara said with a grin. “When do I start?” She asked.

     “You don’t need to give me an answer right away Kara. Take some time and think it over.” Carl smirked as he ignored what Kara had just said.

     “I said I’ll do it Carl. Where do I sign up?” Kara asked looking even more eager now than she just had.

     “I’ll fully understand you wanting to take a week or two to see if something better might come along to temp you.” Carl kept on speaking as thought Kara hadn’t said a word.

     “I want the job Carl! Please give me the job? Can I start today?” Kara asked as she stopped Carl putting another fork full of food in his mouth, so he had to look at her. “When do I start?” Kara asked him straight to his face.

     “You started yesterday when you helped them guests by sorting out a car to take them to see Mandy, Chrissy and Amy.” Carl smiled, just before he carried on eating his breakfast.

     “I started yesterday?” Kara asked looking shocked again.

     “Yes you did, and I have Ted and Adam looking into the way your old boss fired you over the blackmail thing and how you like to dress in your free time.” Carl pointed out. “Ted was telling me that John and Richard weren’t happy with how he treated you, and Ted asked if he could go after them for you.” Carl added with a chuckle.

     “Why would Ted want to go after my old boss for? I doubt he’ll get anywhere with it.” Kara shrugged. “Just seems like a waste of money to me.” Kara added with a puzzled look.

     “Trust me Kara, by the time Ted’s done with him, He’ll be offering you your old job back. Not that you’d want it, but you will have a nice bank balance when he’s done.” Carl grinned.

     “Not that I’m really bothered Carl, but it would be nice to see him squirm a little.” Kara grinned as she thought about her old boss moaning as he has to pay Callum money just to make his name go away.

     “Trust me when I say he’ll be squirming alright.” Carl chuckled. “Jayden and Dale will help you find your feet, and I’ll have Cathy sort out a list of all the shops we get good treatment from when we send the customers out shopping once Cathy and the others have worked their magic. Please feel free to find new places we can send the girls too as well.” Carl added.

     “I won’t let you down Carl, but why pick me for the job? I’m sure you could find someone much better than me for the job.” Kara asked with a puzzled look.

     “Maybe I could find someone better qualified for the job Kara, but I doubt they would be willing to go to prison to protect the girls that use the changing service and go to the club. Those are the type of people I want working for me.” Carl said with pride.

     “Thank you Carl.” Kara said looking a little red faced at the praise Carl had just given her and Callum.

     “Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other from now on Kara.” Jayden purred.

     “Congratulations Kara.” Chrissy said with a grin. “Bet you never thought you’d have a new job when you went to bed Sunday night?” Chrissy added with a giggle.

     “I wasn’t sure I’d even be out of a prison cell after Sunday night.” Kara said still looking shocked at the fact she now had a new job so quick after losing the other one.

     “We’ll have to go out tonight and celebrate.” Chrissy giggled.

     “We go out every Tuesday night.” Mandy pointed out.

     “True, but it’s been some time since Kara joined us, so we’ll have to try and have twice as much fun tonight.” Chrissy said with an even bigger grin.

     “Is it humanly possible for you and Amy to have any more fun when you go out?” Carl asked looking worried.

     “Only one way to find out.” Amy giggled.

    This comment from Amy had all the others except Chrissy looking worried. Chrissy and Amy could already dance the others off their feet, so they weren’t looking forward to seeing just how they could have twice as much fun.

    Everyone finally finished their breakfast and then they went to finish getting ready while Becky started washing the dishes. Carl helped her by drying them, he was going to run Jayden and Kara into work with him, so they could get the paperwork sorted out, that would make Kara/Callum an employee.

    Becky waved everyone off to work at the front door, and she spent a little extra time saying goodbye to Chrissy before she sent her off to work with Amy and Mandy.


*****

    Jayden had gone to help Dale when they got to the hotel, while Kara went with Carl to sit with Ann and fill in all the paperwork that would make him an employee for Carl. Once all that had been sorted, and Kara was being paid from the day before, Carl took her down to see Cathy she could explain what Kara or Callum would be doing on a day to day basis.

    Cathy was just setting up for her first customer of the day when Kara and Carl entered the changing service. Marie was giving Samantha some pointers at another work station.

     “Look busy girls! The new boss is here to check on us.” Cathy giggled when she saw Carl and Kara enter the room.

     “New boss?” Kara asked looking puzzled.

     “Well I heard that you’ll be bossing us all around from now on.” Cathy said with a grin.

     “I don’t think so Cathy, I’m just here to help out where I can.” Kara giggled, thinking that Cathy was joking with her still.

     “No, Cathy was right Kara.” Carl said. “I need you to make sure everything runs smooth, so Cathy, Marie and Samantha can concentrate on the customers.” Carl added.

     “Oh, right. Will the three of you be okay with me just showing up and taking over?” Kara asked looking worried.

     “Okay with it? We’re all pleased to finally have someone that can keep us all on track.” Cathy said with a grin. Not looking bothered about any of it at all. “Just lately I seem to spend more time helping the customers sort out other problem, than I do with their makeup.” Cathy added with a frown.

     “I’m going to take her now to get some clothes sorted out, and get her back to you later in the day, so you can start to show her what you need help with.” Carl said to Cathy just before he took Kara by the hand and led her away.

     “Sort me out with some clothes?” Kara asked as she let Carl lead her back through the hotel to the lobby where they found Jayden sorting out a problem with a guest.

     “Yes. I need to get you some more suits like the one you wore yesterday. Sara will make you some more of them, but you’ll still need a couple more to keep you going until she can get them finished.” Carl said as they stood waiting for Jayden to finish with the guest. “I’ll get you some suits sorted for when you’re Callum as well, but we’ll have to wait until you have the right body shape to get them sorted out.” Carl added with a grin as he waved towards Kara and her feminine shape.

    Kara still had the breast forms attached, so Jayden had used the corset again to reduce Callum’s male waist down to a more female size so he would fit into one of her business suits. This one was in a light grey that was close to being black, but she owned a silver blouse so the corset looked okay with it all. Jayden had him looking like Kara again when they went down for breakfast.

    Jayden finally got done with the guest, and she walked over to see how Kara was doing on her first day on the job. “How’s she doing Carl?”

     “She’s doing just fine, but I was just about to take her to get some new work uniforms and I was wondering if you wanted to come with us?” Carl asked, but already knowing what the answer was going to be.

     “That sounds like fun! Count me in.” Jayden grinned.

     “You don’t mind if I borrow Jayden for a while do you Dale?” Carl asked.

     “No, I’ll be fine. It’s nice to see her so full of life again.” Dale grinned as he looked at Jayden almost bouncing on the spot she was so happy to have Kara and Callum back in her life.

    Vic was waiting outside with his car, so they all got in and Vic drove them to the shop Carl liked to use when buying women’s business suits of the rack. The shop also took orders for designs that Sara and Amber then sorted out for them.

    Kara was soon being measured for her suits, as Carl spoke to the woman who owned the shop. Vic had a trunk full of clothes by the time they finished and left the shop again.

     “How do you take the repayments on the clothing Carl?” Kara asked as she sat in the back of Vic’s car, being driven to another shop.

     “I don’t Kara. It’s all part of the job. I have to have you looking your best while sorting out the guests.” Carl chuckled. “I’ll have to apologise in advance for the people that work at this next shop. They can be a little, shall we say insane.” Carl added with another chuckle.

    Kara looked worried as she wondered what sort of place he was taking her too. She soon relaxed again though, and even started giggling when Vic pulled up outside Mystiques. Chrissy and Mandy’s shop.

     “What part of my uniform do I need from here?” Kara asked with a puzzled look.

     “All the suits we just got you from that other shop were measured while you were wearing a corset Kara, so now we need to sort you out with corsets to match all the blouses we just got you.” Carl pointed out as though it was obvious why they were here.

     “I never thought of that Carl.” Kara said looking worried. “So I’ll have to keep wearing a corset when I dress as Kara at work?” She asked.

     “Yes for the time being, but in time your body shape will change to allow you to get away without wearing a corset.” Carl shrugged like it wasn’t a big issue. “Come on then; let’s get you sorted out with some more corsets.” Carl added as he rubbed his hands together while he waited for Vic to pop the trunk and get the blouses out so Chrissy, Mandy and Amy could match a blouse to a corset for Kara.

    Chrissy, Mandy and Amy didn’t look shocked to see Kara and the others turn up, so Kara thought that this visit must have been pre-planned. Chrissy and Amy still let out a squeal though as they ran down the shop to hug them all.

     “You were right about the staff being a little crazy Carl.” Kara giggled as she was getting hugged to death by Chrissy.

     “Hey! We’re not crazy, just really friendly.” Chrissy giggled. “Did they get you sorted out with your uniforms then Kara?” Chrissy asked when they stopped hugging each other.

     “Yes, but I made the mistake of having them all sized to fit my waist when wearing a corset.” Kara said with a pout.

     “Don’t worry Kara, you’ll soon get use to wearing one all the time, well when you’re Kara that is.” Chrissy said as she remembered that Callum would be working some of the days at the hotel as well.

    Carl had timed them getting to the shop just right, as Linda turned up with a large basket of food, and to take the clothing orders away with her again. Carl and Vic helped her load up while the girls went to get the food set out.

    This was the first time Kara or Callum for that matter, had ever joined Chrissy and the others for lunch at the shop. She was impressed with the little set up they had in the back room. Kara thought the food was amazing, and she could see why the girls liked to have it delivered from the hotel every day now.

     “Do you feel like things are getting back to normal now Kara?” Chrissy asked as they ate their lunch. “Well as normal as a change in your routine can be.” Chrissy added with a giggle.

     “I feel better now I’m not looking over my shoulder, and worrying about drinking anything while being sat eating a meal.” Kara said as she picked up the bottle of water Jayden had set out with her lunch and took a swallow from it.

     “I wish you’d come to one of us sooner Kara.” Chrissy whined. “We could have helped you sort it out before it got that bad for you.” Chrissy added.

     “I couldn’t risk them dragging any of you down with me.” Kara said with a pained look. “I had no idea that Carl could even help sort this out, but then again, I should have known better by now.” Kara added with a giggle.

     “I did very little this time Kara. You did all the hard work.” Carl said as he lifted his bottle of water up in a form of a toast to Kara, and Callum’s bravery.

     “I’m sorry I gave you such a hard time last night over it all. I’m not sure what got into me.” Chrissy said looking upset still over how bitchy she got when she saw Kara stood in the kitchen at home.

     “Don’t worry about it Chrissy. After everything you put up with from me growing up. I couldn’t very well hold one little outburst against you, could I?” Kara asked with a smile.

     “I wouldn’t blame you if you did.” Chrissy said in a whisper. “I got all those feelings back when I saw you yesterday, the feeling I had when I use to walk into school when I was still a child. Silly I know.” Chrissy added with a frown.

     “But you never ran away this time Chrissy, you stood up for yourself, and your friends.” Kara pointed out. “I think me and most the other kids at school would have left you alone if you had been more like that back then.” Kara added with a giggle.

     “You heard what happened when I started screaming and shouting while I was growing up Kara. I doubt anyone would have seen me as a threat back then.” Chrissy giggled.

     “What did happen?” Jayden asked, not knowing that Chrissy’s voice got even more girlie when she got upset.

     “The kids at school use to think Chrissy could break glass when she got upset and started shouting.” Kara explained. “She only did it a couple of times before she realised that it just made things worse when she had a go back. I was such a ba... Nasty person to you back then Chrissy.” Kara said, nearly swearing, but changing it just in time.

     “I don’t have to worry about that any more though.” Chrissy grinned as she sat up and stuck her chest out, proud of how she now looked.

     “No you don’t.” Kara giggled. “You went from a shy little boy to a sexy little poser.” Kara added as she pulled a face at Chrissy.

    Chrissy just giggled and stuck her tongue out at Kara. This soon had the others laughing as they watched them pulling faces at each other. They were glad to see Kara having some fun with Chrissy again, they had both seemed a little stand offish with each other since last night, but this was just like old times. Well old times for Chrissy and Kara, not Callum and Chris.

    They all finished their lunch and Vic made a start on the dishes while Carl spent some time with Mandy. Chrissy took Kara out to make a start on matching corsets to blouses, with some help from Amy and Jayden.

    Kara looked worried when she saw Chrissy holding up the leather bondage corset she’d tricked Callum into trying on just after the reunion. Kara looked even more worried when she offered to let Jayden take it home with her, so she could have some fun with her sex slave. Kara already knew that she was the sex slave Chrissy was talking about, and she had no desire to find herself locked in that corset ever again. Kara saw Chrissy grin like she was just teasing, but she was sure that Chrissy and Jayden looked at each other and winked. Kara just put it down to her still being a little paranoid after spending so much time around Stephen and Donna.

    By the time Carl, Mandy and Vic joined them on the shop floor, they had a large stack of boxes ready to be taken out to Vic’s car.

     “Just invoice the changing service like normal Chrissy.” Carl said in a matter of fact way, not even bothering to ask about the total cost. But that was Carl all over.

    Amy had been making a note of what they had sorted out for Kara, so they could make up an invoice and also reorder the stock back in, so Amy set to work sorting all that out while Vic and Carl took the corsets out to the car.

     “I’ve also added a couple of black corsets and a couple of white ones, so you can just wear them under a blouse for a change.” Chrissy said as she walked out to the car with Kara and Jayden at her side.

     “Thanks for all the help Chrissy and you too Amy.” Kara said as she gave each of them a hug.

    Amy had stopped sorting out the invoice, so she could go and wave the others off. She also didn’t want to miss out on a hug. “Glad we could help Kara.” Amy smiled as she hugged Kara back, just before she worked her way around the others. She even gave Chrissy and Mandy a hug, even though they weren’t going anywhere. Amy just loved to hug people.

     “I trust we’ll be seeing you at the club tonight Kara?” Chrissy asked with a warning in her voice as she did. “I trust you do remember how to find the place still?” Chrissy asked heavy with sarcasm.

     “Yes and yes.” Kara grinned. “I’ve been looking forward to getting out with you all again for the past three weeks.” Kara added looking even more excited about it that she had a couple of minutes ago.

     “Will you be coming back to our house for some dinner and then going to the club with us?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes she will.” Jayden answered for her. “I plan to spend as much time as I can with her.” Jayden added as she wrapped her arms around Kara and started kissing her in the middle of the street.

    Chrissy and Amy started giggling when a man walking past them was watching Kara and Jayden kissing more than looking where he was going, he walking into a waist high sign and fell over it. The man jumped up really fast and kept walking down the street, hoping that no one saw any of it, but most the people around them were laughing.

     “We better get you two out of here before someone gets hurt.” Carl said as he opened the back door on Vic’s car and helped Kara and Jayden to get in.

    Chrissy, Amy and Mandy all stood and waved as they watched Vic’s car drive away, then they went back into the shop to carry on.

    Kara was shocked when Vic went to her, or more Callum’s house rather than going straight back to the hotel. Kara wasn’t complaining though, as she didn’t think she’d get it all in the trunk of Callum’s car. Jayden finally gave Kara her keys back, so she could open the front door, and then she helped the others to get everything in the house. Kara would sort it all out later, or at some point when Jayden let her return home. With that thought in mind, Kara picked out a couple of suits and then all the bits to go with them, so she could take them back to the hotel and then have them with her so she could leave them at Jayden’s house. Kara had a feeling she’d be spending the night with her again after they left the club later.

    Jayden was grinning as she helped Kara carry the clothes back out to Vic’s car. She was planning to make up for lost time, and Kara returning home was not part of Jayden’s plan, and she now knew that Kara realised that too.

    Vic pulled into the car park, so they could transfer the clothes from the trunk of Vic’s car to the trunk of Callum’s car before they made their way into the hotel.

     “Crap! I’d forgotten all about that.” Kara suddenly said as she came to a stop and looked back at Callum’s car in horror.

     “What’s wrong Kara?” Carl asked looking worried. “Did we forget something?”

     “No, you didn’t forget something Carl, but I have until just now.” Kara said as she closed her eyes and looked up at the sky. “How could I forget something like this?” Kara moaned.

     “Do you want to share it with the rest of the class Kara?” Carl asked sounding impatient.

     “The car belongs to the company Carl. I wouldn’t put it past Mr Rowell to call the police and report it stolen.” Kara said looking worried now.

     “Is that all?” Carl said as he waved off any worry Kara might have. “We can fix that right now.” Carl added as he turned and started walking towards Vic’s car again. Vic seemed to know what Carl was thinking and just followed him. “Kara, drive the car back to your old place of work, and we’ll take the keys up to this Mr Rowell, then we’ll go and get you a new company car to drive around in.” Carl said as he waited for Kara and Jayden to get in Callum’s car so they could return it.

    Kara looked shocked for a couple of seconds before she was pulled along by Jayden, so they could return the car. Kara got in and then checked to make sure all the paperwork for the car was in it, and then she pulled out the car park with Vic following behind.

    Jayden was looking forward to seeing the look on Callum’s old bosses face when he saw Kara walk in again. Jayden was also hoping that he would start something, just so she could have a go at him, and also watch Carl at work.

     “I hope you’re not worried about going back to the office baby?” Jayden asked when she realised that Kara hadn’t said anything since they left the hotel.

     “No, not really. I just don’t like the way some of the people I used to work with looked at me yesterday when I left.”

     “That’s their loss if they don’t want to be your friend anymore, just because you have a different life style to what they think is normal.” Jayden said with some anger in her voice. “They all sound like a bunch of jerks to me.” She added with a huff.

     “I can’t believe I use to be like that myself. I know how Chrissy must have felt for all those years now.” Kara said with a faraway look in her eyes.

     “Do you still regret never becoming her friend back then, or his friend?” Jayden said looking confused with it all. She still couldn’t see Chrissy as ever being a boy.

     “Yes I regret not becoming her friend every time she makes me smile.” Kara said, putting more meaning into the word ‘her’.

     “I bet you’re glad you went to that reunion then now.” Jayden giggled.

     “Best thing I ever did. I went looking to just say sorry, and ended up with a best friend out of it.” Kara grinned looking much happier now.

     “Chrissy seems to have a lot of best friends doesn’t she?” Jayden asked with a thoughtful look on her face.

     “Not really. A lot of people have Chrissy as a best friend. Chrissy would just call them all friends.” Kara giggled.

     “If she had to choose just one of her friends to be her very best friend, who do you think it would be?” Jayden asked, as she looked to be thinking about it.

     “That’s a simple one to answer.” Kara grinned.

     “You don’t think it would be you do you?” Jayden asked looking a little shocked.

     “No, I don’t even come close to the top of that list.” Kara frowned. “Amy would be the one Chrissy would choose.”

     “True, they do seem to have a special bond.” Jayden giggled when she thought about the things they did together.

     “Amy risked her own life to save Chrissy, when she’d never even spoke before, and then Chrissy nursed Amy back to health before helping her to become the woman you see today.” Kara looked proud of Chrissy as she said it. “I’m just glad to have her as a friend at all.” Kara added.

     “I know what you mean. I’d only known her for eight weeks when Becky turned up to take her home, and I felt like someone was about to cut my arm off when I thought about losing her as a friend.” Jayden said with worry in her voice. “I was so happy when Carl asked me to move here, so I could stay close to her.” Jayden added with a grin.

     “You’re not the only one that was happy he offered you that job.” Kara grinned back at her. “I think I’d walk across a field of broken glass if Chrissy asked me too, I owe her that much.” Kara added looking very serious.

     “It’s a good job she’d never ask you to then.” Jayden said looking just as serious.

     “No, Chrissy would be more likely to walk across for you.” Kara giggled.

    Very true.” Jayden giggled as well. “Do you believe in fate, and the universe working to a set design?” Jayden asked, after being quiet for a couple of minutes.

     “Can’t say that I’ve ever given it much thought really.” Kara shrugged as she wondered where Jayden was going with this.

     “I just wonder how different all our lives would be if we never met Chrissy, of if she’d gone through with her plan back in school.” Jayden said before she realised that Callum was part of the problem back then. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have brought that up.” Jayden said quickly, hoping that she hadn’t just upset Kara.

     “I don’t mind talking about it Jayden. It does me good to remember what I did wrong back then, and how I’m a much better person now.” Kara had a weak smile on her face a she said it. “With all the things Chrissy was going through back then, I’m amazed she never did it.” Kara added, but was glad she hadn’t.

     “I think she would have, if not for the fortune teller at a local carnival.” Jayden said as she remembered reading the part in Chrissy’s diary about the old woman telling Chrissy to tough it out for the next couple of years, and the letter B would be very lucky for her.

     “What fortune teller?” Kara asked looking puzzled. She’d never been told any of this before.

     “Did you never read that part of Chrissy’s diary?” Jayden asked, shocked that Kara or Callum was never shown that part.

     “No, the only part I ever read was the print out Becky gave me to read.” Kara shuddered at the thought of what Chrissy had written. “I never wanted to read what I’d made Chrissy feel like back then after that.” Kara added.

     “It’s really creepy, but also really cool at the same time.” Jayden started. “Chrissy, or Chris as it was back then, was walking around a carnival that you had on a local park when an old woman offered to read Chris his future. Chrissy said that she was interested to hear what rubbish the woman could come out with, but it turned out to be pretty spot on.” Jayden smiled.

     “So what did she tell her?” Kara asked looking excited.

     “The woman said that he was going to have a rocky couple of years, but just after he turned eighteen, his life would fall into place, and the letter B would be very lucky for him.” Jayden said in a creepy voice, just before she started giggling. “Oh, and she also said that from death will come life.” Jayden added as an afterthought.

    Kara already knew about Chris being stabbed, and then Chris became Chrissy full time after that, and also that Becky told Chrissy how much she loved her as well. So the old woman had been right. “It’s a shame Chrissy never got a set of lottery numbers while she was getting the reading.” Kara giggled.

     “I think she found something much better than a lottery win.” Jayden said with a grin as she looked over her shoulder at Carl and Vic following them. “We’ve all got far more than just money thanks to our little Chrissy.” Jayden added with an even bigger grin.

    Kara wasn’t about to argue with that, but she would like to find that old woman and thank her for giving the universe a little nudge in the right direction. Kara was soon taking a couple of deep breaths as she pulled into the company car park and then parked the car in the spot Callum normally parked in.

     “Are you ready to do this baby?” Jayden asked.

     “Yes.” Kara said as she got out the car. “How do I look?” Kara asked as she stepped around the car to let Jayden take a better look at her.

     “I think you look amazingly beautiful, but then again I always thing you look that way.” Jayden said with a giggle. “Anyone says otherwise, and they have to deal with me.” She added looking ready for a fight.

    They were soon joined by Vic and Carl, after Vic had parked in customer parking just down the parking bay a little ways. They quickly moved the clothed from the trunk of Callum’s old car back into the trunk of Vic’s, so they could hand the keys over to Callum’s old boss. Then they followed Kara as she made her way to the elevators and pushed the button to take them up to the correct floor.

     Kara looked more like the picture that Stephen was going to hand out, and Kara saw that a couple of the office staff still had the picture on their desk as she and the others walked past them on their way to Mr Rowell’s office. Julie was sat at her desk just outside the large double doors that led to Mr Rowell’s office. She didn’t look happy to see Callum back, or Kara as it was.

     “Hello again Julie.” Kara said in her perfect female voice. “Is he in?” She asked with a smile as she pointed towards the double doors.

     “Yes he is, but he...” Was all Julie got to say before Carl stepped over and opened the doors before entering the office.

    Kara and Jayden were trying not to giggle as they watched Carl barge into the room like he owned the place. “Hello! You must be Mr Rowell.” Carl said as he walked up to the large desk and reached out a hand to shake the overweight balding man’s hand that was sat on the other side of the desk. “I’ve come to return something that belongs to you.” Carl added as he turned to look over his shoulder at Kara.

    Mr Rowell looked to see what Carl was on about; he started scowling when he saw Callum dressed as Kara walking into the room with another woman and a tall man following just behind. Mr Rowell was also trying to work out who the man doing all the talking was. “I’m sorry, but you’ve had a wasted trip sir, that man no longer works for this company.” Mr Rowell almost spat out.

     “Oh I wasn’t talking about Kara, she works for me now. No I was talking about that cheap thing you call a car that she was being forced to drive around in.” Carl said, dismissing all the other stuff Mr Rowell had just said.

     “He could have just left them with reception, and saved us both a lot of trouble.” Mr Rowell growled.

     “It’s no trouble, I just wanted to meet the asshole Kara use to work for.” Carl said in a polite voice that showed no emotion at all. “I’d also like a written letter stating that the car was returned to you in perfect working order.” Carl added.

     “And if I decide not to?” Mr Rowell asked, not liking the way he was being treated by this man stood in front of him.

     “Then I’ll make it personal between you and me, and I’m pretty sure you don’t want that.” Carl grinned as he leaned over to look Mr Rowell in the eyes as he put both hands on the man’s desk.

     “And just who are you anyway, may I ask?” Mr Rowell said, not looking too worried about the threat that had just been laid on the table so to speak.

     “I’m sorry, how rude of me.” Carl chuckled as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card with his name on, and handed it over to Mr Rowell.

    Kara and Jayden stood and watched as the colour drained from the man’s face when he read the name on the card. They both had a feeling that he’d heard of Carl and all the companies he owned.

     “Are you the same Carl Wayne that owns...” Mr Rowell went on to list the companies that he knew Carl owned.

     “Yes they are just a small number of companies I own.” Carl said with a sigh, sounding like a bored billionaire would.

    Kara, Jayden and even Vic were having trouble keeping a straight face as they watched Carl having fun with Callum’s old boss.

     “So! Do I get this letter, or do I call my lawyer?” Carl asked with an evil grin.

     “No, no, I’ll sort out the letter for you right away sir.” Mr Rowell said as he grabbed his phone and called out for Julie to come in and take some notes so she could go and get the letter typed up.

    Julie came in and looked puzzled when she saw her boss talking to Carl like he was royalty. She was even more shocked when she found out what she was typing up a letter for. Mr Rowell had only been saying earlier in the morning that he was going to get the police involved over Callum still having the car, but now he was willing to give him a letter clearing him of any wrong doing. She gave Kara a dirty look as she left the room, but soon looked worried when Jayden growled at her.

    Kara couldn’t believe that Mr Rowell had the nerve to try and talk Carl in to doing business with him while they waited for Julie to come back with the letter. Carl sent her back to get two more copies so Mr Rowell could sign them all. Once that was done, Carl turned and left the office without saying another word to Mr Rowell or Julie. Kara and the others all followed him out as he took a slow walk back to the elevator.

    Once they were travelling back down to the parking area, they all started laughing. Carl just stood grinning at them.

     “I’ve never seen anyone switch moods quicker than he did just now.” Kara giggled. “Thank you so much for letting me be there for that Carl.” Kara added.

     “I thought you’d get a kick out of that.” Carl chuckled. “I also had a feeling that he would have given you grief over the car as well, and the look his secretary gave him when he told her what to put in the letter proved it.” Carl added with a raised eyebrow.

     “That would be the sort of thing he’d do.” Kara grumbled. “Looks like I’m going to be out looking for a new car now then.” She added with a sigh.

     “We’re going to fix that little problem right now Kara.” Carl grinned as he opened the back door on his side of Vic’s car to help Kara get in. “What do you want to drive, BMW or Mercedes?” Carl asked with a grin.

     “I’ve always wanted to own a BMW, but I’ll drive whatever you want me to Carl.” Kara said as she looked up at Carl before he closed the door.

     “BMW it is then. Vic, you know the way.” Carl said as he let Vic take them to go and buy Kara a new car.

     Kara was amazed at just how easy it was for Carl to get her a new car. He had sorted it out like a normal person would sort out buying a newspaper. Carl told Kara and Jayden to take a look around and pick the one they wanted, while Vic and Carl went to find the manager. In less than an hour, Kara was pulling away in a brand new blue 3 series. Carl even got it at a good price due to the person it had been ordered for not wanting it any more for whatever reason.

    Carl gave the two of them the rest of the day off, so they could go for a drive and just have some time alone. Carl promised to make the pair of them work twice as hard to make up for it tomorrow. So with the clothes now back in the trunk of Kara and Callum’s new car, they set off to spend some time alone, and see what this new car could do.

    Kara and Jayden had a fun afternoon driving around so Kara could get use to the new car. To anyone looking at them as they drove past, it just looked like a couple of friends out for a drive, or a couple of business women going to or coming from a meeting someplace. Kara wondered what people would be thinking if they knew that the woman driving wasn’t really a woman at all.

    Time soon got away from them, and they made their way back to Mandy’s house for dinner, so they could then get ready for a night out at the club. This was another thing Kara had missed over the past four weeks. Jayden was looking forward to having a couple of slow dances with Kara as well later in the night.

    Everybody were already home when Kara and Jayden pulled into the driveway. Even Carl’s car was parked outside the house. Kara parked up next to Carl’s and then she and Jayden walked over to the house but stopped to let Kara take one last look before they entered. “It’s a good job Mandy has such a large driveway.” Kara smiled as they entered the house.

    They could hear laughing and giggling coming from the kitchen, so that’s where they headed first. Carl was in the middle of telling the others about Callum’s old boss and the look on his face when he realised just who Carl was, and how he had the nerve to try and talk Carl into using his company for some of his PR work in the future. Kara and Jayden confirmed all the details Carl had just told them, and they all laughed some more while Amy and Amber finished sorting out dinner. It looked like Becky had been trying to help, but she was now being held in place by Chrissy. She had her arms around Becky and her head rested on Becky’s shoulder while they listened to Carl tell his story.

    Dinner was soon on the table and they all sat down to eat. They all asked Kara how she liked her new car, and took the big grin while she had a mouth full of food to mean she loved it. Kara did give them a thumbs up and a nod to indicate she loved it.

    Jayden and Kara claimed cleaning duty so the others could all go up and get ready to go out. Mandy was the first up and out the door dragging Carl along behind her. Carl had got to become Carla yet, and Mandy always loved to watch him transform himself. Chrissy was off to take a shower with Becky, and Amy was going to do the same, but with Amber. Kara and Jayden hadn’t done anything all day other than shop and then go for a drive, and they had only take a shower together that morning, so they thought that they could forgo another one tonight.

    Everyone was back down stairs and stood in the hallway waiting for the minibus to turn up from the hotel, when Chrissy and Becky ganged up on Kara.

     “We need to sort something out with you Kara.” Chrissy said looking a little upset with her.

     “What have I done now?” Kara asked looking worried. Jayden had no idea what the problem could be, so she was sticking close to Kara, so she could offer some support.

     “I could help noticing that you’re missing something.” Chrissy said as she stroked a finger around on her chest and looked at Kara’s bare chest just above her cleavage.

    Kara put her hand up to her chest when she realised what Chrissy and Becky were getting at. “I gave it back to Jayden, who gave it back to Becky yesterday. I didn’t think you would want me to have it any more, and I didn’t want anyone else to end up with it if my stuff got taken away.”

     “We understand all that Kara, so we just want to return it to its rightful place.” Becky said from just behind her where she’d gone to fasten the chain again once Chrissy placed it around Kara’s neck. “Just try and remember where it lives from now on.” Becky added as she gave Kara a quick peck on the cheek after the chain was back around her neck and the locket resting just above Kara’s breasts.

     “Thank you again for giving me this.” Kara smiled as she looked down at the locket, already knowing what it said inside along with the little picture of them all.

    A knock at the door let them know that their lift to the club was there, and Chrissy was soon jumping around with Amy like a couple of kids off to Disney land.

    Once they were all on the minibus and Mandy had locked up the house, they all sat laughing and talking while they were driven to the club. Chrissy and Amy did their normal look up and down the street before letting Becky and Amber lead them into the club to start a night of fun and dancing.

    Kara barely had time to enter the VIP section before she found herself being dragged back down to the dance floor with Chrissy and Amy when a song came on they liked. Jayden was dragged along with them, but Becky just laughed as she watched them run away. She went and sat down in the private section to rest her feet. She was quite a size now, and didn’t like to be walking around too much so early in the night.

    Chrissy and the others returned a little later, and Chrissy was soon sat cuddling and kissing with Becky while she rubbed Becky’s belly for her. They sat for a little while, then Becky did a walk around the club and Kara and Jayden went along with them, so Kara could get a feel for what Becky did. Kara had already seen Becky at work, but never paid close attention to it up until now. They soon fell into a routine and Becky had a couple of slow dances with Chrissy through the night, but was happy to let Chrissy run off with Amy and Amber so they could have some fun.

    Everyone was worn out by the end of the night, but they had all had a good time. Jayden was grinning because she’d got to spend the night dancing with Kara, and now she was going home to have another kind of fun.

    Even though Chrissy and the others were all having the day off on the Wednesday, Kara decided that she wanted to go in to the hotel and get started helping Cathy, Marie and Samantha at the changing service. Jayden went along with her, just so they could spend some more time together, and Cathy was soon giving her some idea of what they needed help with. Kara was quick to become part of the team, and by the end of the first day, Cathy and the others loved having Kara around to help sort out any little problems the customers had.

    Life got back to normal again for Kara and Callum after all the trouble with Stephen and Donna. They found out that the police had a strong case against them all, and Donna and her sister Debra were also wanted for similar crimes up and down the country.

    Ted, Carl’s top lawyer had really done a number on Callum’s old boss, and Carl was right, they did offer him his old job back, but on much better pay. Callum told them where to go and stick it, as he was happy doing his new job at the changing service. Ted managed to force Mr Rowell in to making Callum redundant in the end, so Callum got a nice settlement package and a glowing reference to take to his new job, not that he needed it.


*****

    It had been a couple of weeks since all the trouble with Callum and Kara, and life was ticking along just fine until Chrissy got a phone call while she was working at the shop one Monday morning. Mandy and Amy both came running when they heard Chrissy let out a scream as she dropped her mobile and started running to grab her coat.

     “Chrissy what’s wrong?” Mandy asked as she grabbed a hysterical Chrissy as she ran past her into the back room.

     “It’s Becky, there’s something wrong with Becky! She’s been taken to the hospital.” Chrissy screamed as she broke free from Mandy and kept going to fetch her coat so she could go and be with her wife in her time of need.

    Mandy was soon running after Chrissy to find out some more details and also tell Amy to lock up the shop they were going with her.

 

To Be Continued Next Friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Callum really lucked out this time

This is going to become a really big family owned corporation. And luckily for Carl, he has a lot of people whom he would trust with his life guarding his back. And vice versa as far as the rest are concerned. They are really blessed.

As for them looking across the road from the club before they enter it, it would be interesting to one day find a person there, like Andy had. That would be a story for another day I guess.

Now about that cliffhanger Ms Sarah ..... *giggle*

Kim

Thank you,Sara.

ALISON

So glad it worked out for Kara,another part of this wonderful story that is so enjoyable.

ALISON

hhhhhmmmmm

becky + hopital+ pregnant= what?
this family just keeps on getting bigger. its nice though to have kind and loving people around you.
love your stories. keep up the great work. :D

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 31 By SaraUK

Glad that Callum/Kara got sorted, but now worried about Becky

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hope Becky's alright, good

Hope Becky's alright, good to see Callum/Kara back in the pack, looking forward to the next installment.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p