You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 27

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 27

Chapter 67

    Jayden, Kara and Diane were all stood in the lobby waiting for a car and driver to pull up out front, so it could take them around to Mandy and Chrissy’s house for dinner. Jayden and Kara smiled as they watched Kara’s mum stood talking to Dale about the fun day she’d had being driven all over London looking at the sights. Kara and Jayden had had a good time as well, spending time together as a couple of friends just taking in the sights with Kara’s mum. The car pulled up outside and Dale walked them out to it and then helped Diane get in the front while the driver helped Kara and Jayden get in the back.

     “I’ll stay in the lobby until you return Diane, then we can go and grab a drink before calling it a night.” Dale smiled just before he kissed Diane on the hand, and then he closed the door and waved as the car drove away.

    The driver knew where he was going, so the others just sat back and enjoyed the ride. All the drivers knew the way to Mandy and Chrissy’s house by now. Mandy had once joked with Carl about it being on the training route when they hired any new drivers. The driver was soon pulling into the driveway and then helping the girls all get out of the car.

     “Thank you Joe. I’ll call when we’re ready to be driven back to the hotel.” Jayden smiled at the driver.

     “My pleasure Jayden. I’ll be waiting for your call.” The driver smiled back at her just before getting back in the car and slowly driving away again.

    Jayden used her key to let them all in the house, and then she shouted to let everyone know they were there. Mandy walked out the living room and gave them all a hug before leading them back the way she just came.

     “I trust Jayden and Kara are both showing you an excellent time Diane?” Mandy asked as she helped her take a seat on one of the sofas.

     “Yes, I’ve been having a lovely time with my daughter and her friend.” Diane smiled as she looked at the two women as they followed her into the room and sat on a sofa facing her and Mandy. “This is such a beautiful home you have Mandy.” Diane added as she looked around the spacious living room.

     “Thank you Diane.” Mandy smiled as she looked around the room herself. “It use to belong to my late husband. He was a builder, and he spent a lot of money getting it to look like this.” Mandy added with a sigh, as she thought about Dave her husband. David had been killed in a car crash while working away from home. Mandy still missed him, but she was happy again now with Carl.

     “I’m so sorry to hear that Mandy.” Diane took hold of Mandy’s hand as she spoke. “He must have been extremely talented.” Diane added as she looked at some of the work that had been done on the house, and that was just in the hallway and now the living room.

     “Don’t be sorry Diane. I had a wonderful time with David, what time there was.” Mandy smiled, but she had moisture in her eyes as she said it. “I have a lot of fond memories to remember him by.”

     “Is it true that you use to live here all on your own before Chrissy joined you?” Diane asked, wanting to bring Chrissy and the others into the conversation she was having with Mandy, so she could move the talk away from the painful subject of Mandy’s dead husband. Diane knew how Mandy felt about her David, because Diane felt just the same about hers.

     “Yes I did, but I can’t remember how.” Mandy giggled as she thought about all the fun she’d had since first meeting Chrissy. Mandy suddenly looked worried though, when she remembered what she’d read in Chrissy’s old diary. Mandy soon recovered and smiled again. “Most people just think Chrissy and I are real sisters these days.” Mandy added.

     “I have to admit that I’m one of them.” Diane giggled this time. “When I saw the two of you up at Debbie’s home, I would have put money on the two of you being sisters.”

     “You wouldn’t be the first to lose money on that bet.” Mandy grinned. “I do need to warn you about something Kara.” Mandy said looking very serious now.

     “What is it Mandy? Have you invited someone that doesn’t like people like me?” Kara asked looking worried as she waved her hand up and down her own body, to indicate the dress she was wearing.

     “No, I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like girls like you.” Mandy said with a look that said, she wouldn’t want to know anyone that closed minded. “I need to warn you that Becky has been reading an old diary that Chrissy kept as a child, and you’re in it quite a bit.” Mandy added with a pained look.

     “Oh, I see.” Kara looked sad all of a sudden. She knew only too well what Callum had put Chrissy through, growing up. “Do you want me to leave Mandy? I don’t want to upset Becky anymore than I must have already.” Kara said as she went to get up off the sofa so she could leave before Chrissy and Becky walked into the room.

     “No I don’t want you to leave Kara. I just wanted to warn you that Becky might be a little cold towards you for a couple of days.” Mandy said, hopeful that Becky would be over it in a couple of days.

     “I understand Mandy, and thank you for letting me know. I can understand that you must hate me as well at the minute then?” Kara asked, never once losing the female voice she now used like it was her real one.

     “Not really Kara. We all know that you’ve changed, and the reason for why you did what you did, even if we don’t agree with it.” Mandy took a couple of seconds to work out how to put the next part. “Becky read some things that really upset her, and she’s very protective of Chrissy at the best of times, but she’s been a little calm about all this.” Mandy warned.

    Kara understood what Mandy was getting at, and she knew that Becky was probably set to blow her top when she saw him, or her as it was at the minute. “No matter what happens when I see Becky, don’t get involved, either of you.” Kara said as she looked at Jayden, and then her mum. “Whatever Becky has to say or do, I have it coming, and much more.” Kara added with a sigh.

    Mandy and the other two thought the sigh was like the sigh someone that had finally revealed a big secret would have made, once everyone knew about it. Could Callum/Kara have been waiting for this moment to arrive since first going to find a boy called Chris at the school reunion, but finding a girl called Chrissy? A girl that he already knew, and loved spending time with at the club he now went to dressed as a girl.

    None of them had time to dwell on it any longer because Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber all entered the room to say that diner was on the table and ready to eat. Kara saw Becky staring daggers at her, but Chrissy was keeping them apart as they all made their way to the dining room where the girls had set everything out.

     “Are you having fun with your daughter Diane?” Chrissy asked once they were all seated around the table, and they were all helping themselves to what they wanted. Chrissy had tried to put as much distance between Becky and Kara, but everyone could feel the charge in the air as Becky kept looking at Kara, just like she was pray, and Becky was waiting for the right moment to strike.

    Chrissy and the others tried to make Becky talk about other things, so she wouldn’t keep looking at Kara like she was, but she would still keep going back to eyeing Kara up like a tasty treat she was going to enjoy, just as soon as dinner was over. It was like watching a vampire from one of the many movies they’d all seen. Becky was going to drink Kara’s blood at some point very soon, and it was going to taste so good.

    They all made it through the meal, and then they made their way back to the living room to have a drink before Chrissy and Becky left for the club. Chrissy was going to try and talk Becky into taking the night off, but now she was looking forward to getting Becky out the house.

    Once they were all seated, and Mandy had come back into the room with two bottles of wine. They all sat talking about Diane’s day of sightseeing when Becky finally spoke to Kara about the subject Chrissy hoped would never come up, but she knew it was going to.

     “Kara? Would you be able to do me a favour?” Becky asked in a calm voice.

    This worried Chrissy and the others who knew her, because Becky was only ever calm like this when she was really really mad. “Don’t do this now Becky. I’m begging you, please.” Chrissy pleaded.

     “I’m sorry baby, but I just need Kara to read something for me.” Becky smiled, but it didn’t look very happy still. “I’m sure you’re quite use to people taking no notice when you beg them not to do something.” Becky added as she looked at Kara, not Chrissy as she said it.

    Kara understood what Becky was getting at. As Callum, Kara had picked on Chrissy no matter how much Chrissy begged him and some other boys to just leave her or him alone. “It’s alright Chrissy. I deserve this.” Kara said. “What is it you want me to read?” Kara asked.

    Becky pushed her hand down the side of the sofa cushions and pulled out a rolled up bunch of papers and handed them over to Kara. Becky knew that Chrissy would have tried to stop her getting up, so she could let Kara read straight from the diary, so she’d scanned and printed out the parts she wanted him to read, or her as it would be.

    Kara unrolled the paper and then started reading.

    Dear diary. I feel the need to get some of my feeling down on paper before I run out of time. I’m being bullied on a daily basis now by Callum Baldwin. I’d hate him if I felt I could, but when I look at his face after he’s made me cry, or he leaves me lying on the floor in pain from the punch or kick that put me there. I just feel sorry for him. I can see the pain in his eyes, and the way he winces when the other boys smack him on the back to cheer him on. He seemed nice when I spoke to him that first day at school, but the minute some boys said “Look at the two sissies!” He jumped back like I’d just touched him with a red hot poker. I have seen him away from school and all the other boys, and he seemed to act different those times. He almost looked sorry, but I never hung around to see if it was just a trick to get me to stand still while he walked over to me. I did the only thing I’m good at, I ran away before anything happened.


*****


    Dear diary. I know it’s been some time since I last wrote in you, but I think it’s best that I make a note for people to read and hopefully understand my reasons for doing what I feel is the only option left open to me. My father and I don’t really say much to each other anymore. He’s not happy that I never grew into a big strong strapping lad like most the boys in school my age. I’ve only just turned fifteen, but I’m still smaller than a lot of the girls in my year, so I don’t think I’ll ever make him happy. The only person I am worried about hurting when I’ve gone will be mum. She’s my only friend in this cruel world, but I can’t keep trying to fit in, just to keep mum from being sad. I sat with mum last night watching telly, and she had a soap on, and a girl was about to take her own life. For the first time ever, I fully understood how a person must feel when they reach the point where fighting just isn’t worth it anymore. The program led you to believe she was about to slit her wrists, but you never saw any of that. So if this is the last entry in here, then I’m sorry mum, but I just couldn’t cope anymore. I love you mum, I always have. I even love dad in my own special way.


*****


    Dear diary. Some of the boys cornered me just after school today and started picking on me. I had a sudden thought that I may as well have a go back, as I was thinking of ending it all anyway, so I did. I made one boy cry when I grabbed his leg and bit it as he was about to kick me in the head. After that I don’t remember much else. I woke up in the nurses’ station with mum and dad stood over me. I don’t remember walking to the nurse, or even being partly awake for any of it after I bit the boy’s leg. The nurse said a friend carried me there, but left again before she had time to ask his name. I wonder who cared enough to help me. Guess I’ll never know, but I would like to say thank you to them for caring enough to help me out. I now realise that death by bullying is not the way to go out in style. I have got a week off school though. *grin* Debbie and her mum called around to see my mum, and Debbie brought me some homework from some of my classes. She was trying to be friendly, but I think that was just to keep her mum and my mum happy.


*****


    Dear diary. Still here as you can see. I remembered that girl trying to slit her wrists from the TV program I watched some time back with my mum, and decided to do it. I sat in the bath until the water went cold last night, but I couldn’t bring myself to put the razorblade into my skin. Guess I’m just too much of a wimp to go through with it. I’m going to do some research on the internet and see if I can find a less messy way to do it. Same as before, love you mum, dad. Just know that I will finally be at peace.

    Dear diary. I know what you’re thinking, why aren’t you dead yet! I’ve been looking at all the different ways I can go about doing it, but they all seem so painful, or the less painful ways are the ones that don’t always work, they just leave you in a bigger mess than you started.

    Kara just looked down at the paper in her hands as little spots of water started to drip onto it. She was also trying to stop the meal she’d just ate from coming back up as it made her feel ill. Callum had never realised just how close he’d driven another human being to taking their own life. He knew now that he never had the right to ask Chrissy for her forgiveness, not now he knew all this.

    The one thing that did stick out in Callum’s mind though from the text he’d just read, was the part about her being taken to the nurse, but not remembering who took her. Callum did, because it was him that carried Chris there on his back.

    Callum was supposed to meet the other boys that picked on Chris at the school gates after school, but he got held up by a teacher as he was leaving his last class, so by the time he walked around the corner, he saw that some of the boys were already kicking Chris as he lay on the floor. Callum waited for them to run away before he went over to see how Chris was, but Callum got worried when he saw that Chris was just lying there not moving with his eyes closed. Callum had managed to lift Chris onto his back and then he made his way to the nurses’ room, but before the nurse could ask too many personal questions, Callum had run off.

     “I did it Chrissy, it was me.” Callum’s voice came from Kara as she looked up at Chrissy and Becky sat facing her on another sofa.

     “I know it was you that caused all that.” Becky said through gritted teeth as she pointed at the papers still in Kara’s hands.

     “I don’t mean all those things I did to Chrissy back then Becky. I mean it was me who took Chrissy to the nurse that time she got beat up by the other boys.” Callum said with regret for not jumping in and trying to save her at the time. But Callum wasn’t much bigger than Chris was back then, and he knew they both would have been beaten up and left lying on the floor, out for the count.

     “Why would you care about Chrissy enough to carry her to the nurse?” Becky asked, still angry, but confused at the same time.

     “I don’t know, it just felt like the right thing to do.” Kara shrugged. “Yes I did pick on Chrissy, but I never hit her very hard, just enough to make it look painful enough that the other boys would leave her alone. You’ve just read about the one time I wasn’t the one doing the hitting.” Kara said as she held up the papers again.

     “So you picked on Chrissy to help her? How nice of you.” Becky said heavy with sarcasm.

     “Becky, I’m not asking you or anyone to forgive me for what I did to Chrissy back then. I’ll have to live with what I did every time I close my eyes and go to sleep, or I look at Chrissy as she makes me smile just by being my friend.” Kara had fresh tears running down her cheeks as she spoke. “Why do you think I’m always saying sorry to her, even now?” Kara added as Jayden pulled her into a hug.

    Becky didn’t feel as good as she thought she would now she’d made Kara cry. She just felt like a bully herself for picking on another person. Becky was soon snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Chrissy snap at her.

     “I told you to just let this go! It was me that lived through all that stuff in the diary, and I was the one that said I forgave him.” Chrissy said as she got up and walked around the coffee table to give Kara a hug. “You can’t just dump all this on one person Becky! It wasn’t Callum, or Kara’s fault that I was born with the wrong body.” Chrissy added with pleading in her voice for Becky to understand that she was just looking at one little part of a much bigger picture.

     “He could have been your friend while you were at school?” Becky pointed out, but knew herself that it was a weak argument to start with.

     “Yes he could, and then we both would have picked on and beat up. Do you really think for one second that I would like that?” Chrissy asked. “And do you think for one second that Kara is anything like that boy I wrote about in that stupid diary?”

    Becky went to speak, but realised that Chrissy had a point. Kara, or this grown up version of Callum, wasn’t anything like the boy from the diary. All Becky was doing, was adding to the burden that Callum already carried, and she had just added to it by showing him what Chrissy came close to doing to herself.

     “I’m sorry Callum, Kara. I never should have shown you what Chrissy had written in her diary.” Becky said as she looked down at her own lap in shame. “I can see that you are a very different person to the one that did those things to Chrissy at school.” She added.

     “Don’t say you’re sorry Becky; don’t ever feel sorry for me.” Callum said. “I don’t deserve anyone’s pity after reading that.” Callum added as he let the papers fall from his hand on to the floor in front of him.

     “Hey! That wasn’t down to you Kara. I was depressed about the whole being in a boy’s body and it all feeling wrong to me. I wanted to be a girl so much back then that it hurt worse than anything you or the other boys could do to me.” Chrissy said as she started tearing up herself. “You were just one little ripple in a very pig pond.” Chrissy smiled as she wiped away a tear that tickled her cheek as it ran down her face.

     “At least that was the last time they ever picked on you. That time I took you to the nurse. The only time anyone saw you looking beat up was when your dad found out about Chrissy.” Kara sighed.

    Chrissy thought about that for a couple of seconds before speaking again. “Come to think about it, it was the last time. How did you get them to leave me alone?” Chrissy asked with a puzzled look.

     “I didn’t. Debbie did.” Kara said with a little giggle. “You thought Debbie was just being nice to you, so it kept her mum happy, but Debbie really was trying to be your friend Chrissy. She and about thirty other kids from our year all cornered me and the other boys that beat you up that night and threatened to make the rest of our school life a living hell if we didn’t leave you alone.” Kara said looking worried.

     “So what happened when my dad beat me and I let everyone think it was you and the others then?” Chrissy asked looking worried.

    Kara had to giggle when she saw the worried look on Chrissy’s face. “I’m sorry for laughing Chrissy, but only you would be more worried about someone that bullied you at school than they can be about themselves.”

     “I know, it’s one of my biggest flaws.” Chrissy said with a roll of her eyes. “So tell me what happened?” Chrissy pushed.

     “Let’s just say they did make the rest of my school days a living hell, but I deserved it, and was happy to put up with it. Well not at the time, but now I look back, think I got what I asked for.” Kara shrugged.

     “I’ll have to give Debbie a call and find out what she did, and also thank her for helping me out, even if I never realised it.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “Do you mind if I remain as Chrissy’s friend Becky, or would you rather I leave and keep away?” Callum asked which was a little weird coming from Kara’s body still.

     “I don’t pick Chrissy’s friends for her Kara, but I would like to keep you as my friend?” Becky asked. “I know what you said, but I am sorry for throwing all my anger at just you. I never realised that you were still trying to help Chrissy in your own way.” Becky added, as she tried to get her head around the fact that Callum hitting Chrissy was better than the other boys picking on her.

     “I’d never call it helping Becky, but after leaving school and then spending more and more time as Kara. I came to realise that I had spent all my time trying to impress the wrong people, and for what?” Callum asked, just before he closed is eyes and then played around with his voice until he sounded like Kara had, just before Becky had thrown the papers at him to read. “I wasted the chance to have one real friend, almost forever now I find out.” Kara said as she pointed down at the papers still on the floor.

     “You still haven’t answered my question Kara. Can we still be friends after what I just did to you?” Becky asked, worried that she might have just made things difficult between the two of them, which would put Chrissy in the middle of it all.

     “Having you and Chrissy as friend’s is far more than I could ever ask for, so I’d love to be able to call the two of you my friends still.” Kara smiled.

     “Now that we’re all friends again, can you please just burn that damn diary!” Chrissy said as she looked at Becky, pleadingly.

     “Hey! You said we could read it first.” Amy whined.

    Chrissy just rolled her eyes. “Okay then, but if you won’t destroy it, then at least let me tear out the pages that have me talking about trying to kill myself.” Chrissy asked. “I don’t want mum and dad finding out about any of that.”

    Amy jumped up and ran off to the kitchen when Becky nodded for her to go and get the diary out the kitchen where they had left it on the kitchen table. Amy was soon back with it and she handed it to Becky, not Chrissy when Becky held her hand out.

     “I’m sorry baby, but I don’t trust you not to rip more out than are needed.” Becky said with a grin as she found the paged Chrissy didn’t want her mum and dad to ever read. Becky handed the pages over to Chrissy and then she watched as Chrissy ripped them into pieces before dropping them in the little bin next to the sofa.

    Kara had picked up the printouts and handed them over to Chrissy, and then they all watched as Chrissy did the same with them before dropping them in the bin with the others.

     “Feeling better now?” Becky asked.

     “I’d have felt better if that diary had never been found in the first place.” Chrissy frowned. “I can’t believe I’d forgotten all about it until I saw Tiffany’s bedroom.” Chrissy added with a thoughtful look as she remembered all the times she’d sat and written in the diary while being dressed as a girl in her bedroom, or the couple of times she’d sat eating her dinner while writting down what she’d don through the day, while her mum and dad were out for the evening at a show or something going off at the pub her dad went to. Chrissy use to love getting the house to herself, so she could walk around just being herself for once.

     “I’m glad Debbie found it baby.” Becky said with a pout. “I thought you had a cute outlook on life growing up.” Becky added with a giggle, as she remembered some of the things Chrissy had wrote about.

    Chrissy and Becky needed to finish getting ready to go to the club, and Jayden placed a call to the hotel, so Dale could send the car back to pick them up again, so Diane could go and have a drink with Dale.

    Diane never commented on the trouble Callum had caused while at school, she couldn’t add any more to it than had already been said, and Kara still looked a little upset with herself over it anyway. Diane would have a chat later when they were alone, just her, Jayden and Kara.

     “Are you sure you’re okay Kara?” Chrissy asked as she hugged her when Vicky arrived to take her and Becky to the club.

     “I’m fine Chrissy.” Kara giggled. “Stop worrying about me and take care of your beautiful wife instead.” Kara added as she pushed Chrissy towards Becky’s waiting arms.

    Vicky led the two girls out to her car and then helped them to get in the back before driving away again. Vicky had offered to drive Jayden, Kara and Diane back to the hotel on the way to the club, but Jayden told her that she’d already called the hotel, and a car was on the way for them.

    Kara seemed quiet as they waited for the car to turn up for them. This was beginning to worry Jayden, as she had never seen Kara or Callum act like this. Jayden had read what Chrissy wrote down in her diary, and she had no idea how finding out you nearly played a part in driving another person to kill themselves would make you feel. Kara opened the front door when she heard a car pull into the driveway and stop just outside. It was the car from the hotel. “Thanks for the lovely meal Mandy, Amy, and Amber.” Kara said before she left the house without waiting for any of them to give her a hug.

    Mandy and the other two just looked at each other, a little shocked at the way Kara just left the house. “I hope Kara doesn’t think we don’t like her anymore. We all know that he or she is a really nice person now.” Mandy said as she looked at Diane and Jayden.

     “I’m sure she’ll be fine once we’ve spoken later about it all.” Diane said with a smile as she gave each of them a hug. “And thank you for a lovely evening, and even better food.” Diane added before leaving the house to go and get in the car.

     “I’m sorry Jayden. I had no idea that Becky was going to dump all that on Kara tonight. I would have stopped her if I had.” Mandy said as she hugged Jayden. “It was all a big shock to read and I think Becky was just looking for someone to point her anger at.” Mandy added.

     “I know that Mandy, I just hope that Kara will get over it.” Jayden looked worried as she said it. “I’ll help him become Callum again when we get back to the hotel, maybe he’ll be more willing to talk about it once he’s not dressed as Kara.” Jayden shrugged, not knowing whether that would work or not.

     “Call if you have any trouble, or you just need a friendly ear to bend.” Mandy said just before hugging Jayden again.

     “Thanks Mandy, Amy, Amber. I’ll see you all tomorrow at the club.” Jayden said just before walking out and getting in the back of the car with Kara.

    Kara just looked out the window as they drove back to the hotel. Jayden never even tried to have a conversation with her, not until they got back to their penthouse. Diane was going to cancel her date with Dale, so she could go back with them, but Jayden said it would be best if she gave her some time to help Callum return, so they could chat about how he’s feeling knowing what he does now about Chrissy. Diane thought that could be a good idea, so she went over to Dale, letting Jayden take care of Kara and then Callum.

    Jayden was just about to lead Kara into their bedroom so she could help Callum return, when Kara just fell to her knees and started sobbing into her hands like a small child. Jayden knelt down next to her and just hugged her while Kara sobbed. Jayden had never seen anyone sob like this, not even Chrissy was this bad when Jayden first found her in that hotel room where they first met.

     “Come on Kara, let’s go and bring Callum back, so we can sit and talk about all of it.” Jayden said as she tried to get Kara on her feet again.

     “NO! I don’t want Callum back. He’s the reason all this happened in the first place.” Kara snapped as she got up off the floor, but she went over to the sofa and fell down on it with her arms folded across her chest like a bratty child would when having a temper tantrum.

    If Jayden hadn’t been so worried, she might have laughed at Kara for doing it. “You can’t stay as Kara for good. What about you going back to work on Tuesday?” Jayden asked.

     “I don’t know, or care about any of that.” Kara said as she threw her hands up in the air. “How can Chrissy not hate me? How can she still even talk to me after all that talk?” Kara asked sobbing again.

     “I don’t know Kara, but Chrissy did say that you were only one little part of the problem that led to her even thinking about suicide.” Jayden pointed out. “But she never did it, and she’s one of your best friends now.” Jayden added, trying to make Kara feel better.

    Kara finally stopped Sobbing, and she just let Jayden hug her for a long time. They must have fallen asleep because the next thing they knew was Diane sneaking in as she tried not to wake them.

     “I’m sorry if I woke the two of you.” Diane said in a whisper. “I thought we were bringing Callum back?” Diane asked with a puzzled look when she realised that Kara was still sat on the sofa cuddled up in Jayden’s arms like a small frightened child being hugged by her mummy.

     “I tried, but Kara said Callum was mean, and she was going to be staying from now on.” Jayden pouted. This made Diane giggle, and even Kara smiled at it as well, now she’d calmed down a little more.

     “You can’t hide from the problem dear.” Diane said as she went and sat next to Kara on the sofa. “The problem wasn’t Kara, or Callum, but the fact that you were scared of the feelings you had, just like Chrissy was, but you ran away from your feelings, where as Chrissy just excepted them.” Diane added as she pulled Kara in closer for a hug to give Jayden a chance to have a stretch.

     “I never thought about killing myself though mum.” Kara said. “It never crossed my mind until tonight that I was capable of driving another person to think about doing it, and not someone as sweet as Chrissy.” Kara pleaded.

     “You and Chrissy are different people dear. Chrissy was a girl trapped in a boy’s body, where as you just have a softer side you like to let out every now and then.” Diane said as she stroked Kara’s hair. You upset Mandy, Amy and Amber tonight you know?” Diane asked.

     “I know I did mum. Finding out I nearly forced their best friend and sister to kill herself would do that.” Kara said sarcastically.

     “I don’t mean like that silly.” Diane frowned as she tapped Kara on the head to make a point. “They were upset that you didn’t give them a hug when you thanked them for dinner.”

     “I didn’t think they’d want me hugging them anymore. I’ve been thinking about keeping away from them all together after reading those pages from Chrissy’s diary.” Kara sighed as she let her head rest in her mums lap.

     “You could try that, but I don’t think Chrissy will let you get away with it, and I think Jayden might have a couple of words to add as well.” Diane grinned as she saw the look of horror Jayden was now displaying.

     “I’ll have more than a couple Diane!” Jayden said. “I’m not going to ask you to forget about tonight my love, but I am going to ask you to just keep spending time with Chrissy and the others. You’ll soon see that they still like you. They just didn’t like the old Callum.” Jayden smiled.

     “I don’t think anyone liked the old Callum, least of all me.” Kara frowned.

     “Maybe so, but I know I love the new one, and his sister.” Jayden purred as she pulled Kara back up to a sitting position so she could kiss her.

     “That’s my cue to leave I think.” Diane giggled as she got up and made her way to her bedroom. She did stop thought when she heard Kara ask her a question.

     “How did the evening drink go with Dale?” Kara asked with a smile.

     “It went very well.” Diane grinned. “He even kissed me goodnight before letting me step into the elevator.” Diane added just before she disappeared into her bedroom and closed the door.

     “Your mum needs to set her goals a little higher Kara.” Jayden grinned. “I’m going to get more than just a kiss before we go to bed, well sleep I should say. I’m taking you to bed right now.” Jayden jumped up and was soon dragging Kara off to their room for a night of fun to take Kara’s mind of the trouble with Becky.


*****

    Chrissy could tell that Becky was still upset over the thing with Kara back at home. Becky had been snappy with all the staff since they got to the club. Her having a go at Brad and Frank for not stopping some guy from getting in the club, even though he was flashing a VIP card was the final straw for Chrissy, she grabbed Becky by the arm and led her and Becky into Becky’s own office.

     “Becky! You’ve got to snap out of this pigheaded mood you’re in right now!” Chrissy snapped at her. “If you don’t, then I’m going to get Vicky to drive you home, and I’ll run the club on my own.” Chrissy added in a bossy tone.

    Becky looked ready to argue for a couple of seconds, then she let her shoulders droop and then she let out a big sigh. “I’m sorry baby. I just feel really bad about dumping all that stuff on Kara/Callum.” Becky said as she let Chrissy wrap her arms around her.

     “I know you didn’t mean any of that stuff you said to him, or her.” Chrissy giggled with her confusion. “You know what I mean.”

     “How can I make things right between us again baby?” Becky asked. “I’ve been trying to think of something nice that Kara would enjoy, and it would let her know I do still want to be friends.” Becky added with a sigh.

     “I’ll need some time to think about that one.” Chrissy said as she already looked to be deep in thought trying to come up with an answer.

     “I hope you can multi task baby? We still have a club to run.” Becky said as she led Chrissy back out into the VIP section and then down into the main club, but they were stopped by Carl, who was sat on one of the sofas with Vicky and a glass of cola in his hand.

     “Good evening ladies.” Carl smiled at them as he indicated for them both to come and take a seat facing him.

    Becky may have been the boss of the club, but Carl owned the club, and a lot of other things as well, so when he wanted you to take a seat and chat with him, you did as you were told.

     “Hi Carl. Had another busy day?” Becky asked, but already knew he had, because he wasn’t dressed as Carla.

     “Yes, I’ve been trying to finalise a deal for some land.” Carl said it with some tiredness to his voice. “It took some doing, but I got there in the end.” He added looking a little happier about that.

     “So what brings you to the club then, if you feel so worn out?” Becky asked, looking worried about the reason indeed.

     “You do look tired Carl; you should go and get an early night.” Chrissy said looking worried for Carl, and how hard he pushed himself sometimes. “I know just the thing to make sure you get a good night’s sleep.” Chrissy said as she got her phone out her purse and started pushing buttons.

    Carl was about to ask who she was calling, but the answer became clear when he heard her start speaking to Mandy. “Hi sis. No all is fine at the club. Yes Becky is okay. Well if you shut up and let me speak, I can tell you what I’m calling for silly.” Chrissy giggled as she tried to get a word in edgeways with her sister on the other end of the phone. “I’m sat with Carl, and he’s looking pretty worn out, and I’m going to get Vicky to drive him home to you, and I need you to make sure he gets a proper night’s sleep.” Chrissy said in a bossy tone. “No, I’m not saying you can’t do that, just make sure he gets some proper sleep at some point. Though looking at him right now, I think he would be asleep halfway through anyway, and you’d be doing all the work sis.” Chrissy giggled some more, as she watched Carl’s eyelids drooping as he tried to stay awake on the other sofa.

    Vicky was already up and helping Carl get to his feet, she was glad Chrissy had taken charge and sent Carl home, or to a place where he would be forced to get some proper rest and a good breakfast in the morning. Vicky mouthed the words “Thank you.” To Chrissy as she led Carl down to the main entrance where they all waited for Frank to send one of the bouncers to bring Vickie’s car around for her to drive Carl to Mandy for safe keeping.

     “Hey, I called in to have a word with the two of you about the way you’re treating the staff tonight.” Carl said, remembering the reason for him being there again now.

     “I’ve already had a word with her about it Carl, and she was just about to apologise to Frank and Brad for being snappy earlier.” Chrissy said before Carl could say anymore. “Now get in the car before I ask Frank to help you.” Chrissy added with a smile, but Carl looked worried that she really would ask Frank to help him get in the car. He already knew that Frank would as well. He always did what Chrissy wanted.

     “I’m beginning to feel sorry for those kids you know?” Carl grinned as he pointed at Becky’s little bump of a belly.

     “Worry about yourself for the time being Carl.” Chrissy giggled. “Frank!” Chrissy shouted to give Carl a little boost getting into Vickie’s car.

     “I’m going, I’m going.” Carl said as he suddenly speeded up and was sat in Vickie’s car with his seat belt fastened before Frank could even take a step towards the car.

     “I’ll see you in the morning for breakfast Carl, and thanks for worrying about Becky and I.” Chrissy grinned, just before she kissed him on the cheek and then closed the door for Vicky to drive him home to Mandy’s waiting arms and a good night’s sleep.

    Becky was stood looking at Frank and Brad when she turned around to face them again. It looked like Becky was just about to speak. “I’m really sorry for snapping at the two of you earlier. I’ve just had a very strange day, and lost my temper. Please forgive me Frank, Brad?” Becky asked with some pleading for them to show her some pity. Becky was normally fun to work with, but she had really been jumping down everyone’s throats tonight for some reason. Chrissy knew the reason, but she wasn’t going to start talking about it here in front of everyone, She would let Frank and Brad know the reason at some point, but it would be when they didn’t have a large amount of ears around to spread gossip.

     “Don’t worry about it boss.” Brad said as he leaned down and wrapped his large arms around Becky and Chrissy at the same time to hug them both. “I think I have a pretty good idea why you’ve been acting like you have Becky.” Brad added in a whisper as he brought his head down between the two girl’s heads. Brad had been with them when Debbie gave Becky the diary the other day, so he had a pretty good idea that Becky had been reading that, and not liking some of the things Chrissy wrote about.

    Becky and Chrissy smiled at him when he let them go again and stepped back to see what Frank was going to do. They didn’t have to wait long, as he also hugged both girls’ at the same time, but he didn’t whisper anything like Brad did. “No need to be sorry Becky, Chrissy, just as long as whatever it was, you got it all sorted out again.” Frank smiled and then turned to get everyone back to work. Frank wasn’t a big one for public displays of affection, but everyone knew they could count on him to be understanding when needed. Prue had told them a number of times just how much of a big teddy bear he was when she got him alone.

    Vicky returned with a smile and let Chrissy know that Carl had been dropped off and then dragged into the kitchen so Amy and Amber could feed him before being led up to bed by Mandy later in the evening. Chrissy and Becky giggled, but were happy to hear he was being well looked after. Becky spent the rest of the night trying to make it up to the staff, and she even let them all have an after hour drink on her to say sorry.

    Chrissy knew that this is what made her a good boss to work for, and all the staff were smiling and laughing when they left for home. Vicky got the two of them in her car at the end of the night, while Frank, Brad and most the other bouncers stood like guards around them. Not that they ever had any trouble, but Chrissy sometimes wondered if they hoped there would be. Chrissy did seem to be a magnet for trouble sometimes.

    The two girls waved to Frank, Brad and the others as Vicky drove them home so they could go to bed and sleep.

 

Chapter 68

    Carl was sat at the kitchen table next to Mandy when Chrissy and Becky arrived for breakfast. “Morning Carl. You’re looking a little more alive today.” Chrissy smiled as she walked over and gave him and Mandy a hug before walking over to do the same with Amy and Amber.

     “I feel a lot better thanks.” Carl said with a grin. I trust all went okay at the club after I left? Or should I say forcibly removed?” Carl asked.

     “You can say it any way you want Carl, just as long as you feel better for it.” Chrissy almost sang out the words as she skipped back over to sit next to Becky at the table. Chrissy had gone to help Amy and Amber sort out breakfast, but gave up when Amy put her hands on her hips and just pointed towards the kitchen table where Becky was sat smiling.

     “It was nice to have someone to cuddle up to last night.” Mandy smiled just before leaning over to give Carl a kiss. “I didn’t fancy sleeping alone after reading that section from your diary sis.” Mandy shuddered as she thought about the words she’d read the day before.

     “It’s a shame you tore them out and threw them away. I would have liked to have read it for myself.” Carl said.

     “I do still have the scanned copies saved on the computer in the other room still.” Becky said before she realised she’d said it. She was soon looking at Chrissy with a worried look on her face.

     “When were you going to tell me about that little detail May I ask?” Chrissy didn’t look to mad as she said it though.

     “Sorry, I hadn’t given it much thought since yesterday.” Becky shrugged. “Speaking of giving things too much thought baby. Have you thought of something nice we can do for Kara/Callum?” Becky asked looking hopeful that Chrissy had come up with the perfect gift.

     “I was thinking about a necklace with something nice engraved on the inside from all of us about her always being our friend.” Chrissy said, but not sure the others would like her idea that much, but she got smiles and grins all round, so she started grinning as well.

     “That sounds like a great idea, I just wish you didn’t have to work today baby.” Becky pouted. We could have gone and got it sorted out this morning so we could give it to her tonight at the club.” Becky added with a sigh.

     “We’re not working today Becky.” Mandy smiled. I think the shop will cope with staying shut for one Saturday.” Mandy added as she cuddled up to Carl, happy that she will get to spend the day with him and the others.

    Amy and Amber soon had breakfast ready, so they ate and then went to get ready to go out and just wander around the shops. They went in Mandy’s and Amber’s cars so Becky got to rest up in the back of Mandy’s car with Carl in the front passenger seat, and Amber following them in her mini with Amy sat at her side. Once in the city centre, they parked the cars and then went to find a necklace for Kara, so they could get it engraved.

    They soon found the perfect one for her, but the shop said they couldn’t get it engraved in time for them to have for Kara that night. The man behind the counter soon changed his mind when Carl started putting large notes on the counter. All the girl’s thought it came in handy having Carl along sometimes.

    With the present for Kara sorted out, and them just needing to go back later in the day to collect it. The girls were soon clothes shopping. Carl didn’t mind them wondering in and out of clothes shops, and he even found a couple of nice bits for Carla to wear.

    Amber was shocked to find out just how much Carl knew about fashion and design. She’d forgotten that Carl had spent many years talking to Sarah about design, while she made all Carla’s and Vickie’s dresses for them. Amy was happy to leave the two of them talking about all the different clothes they liked and disliked, she was having her own fun with Chrissy, Becky and Mandy.

    Carl treated them all to a late lunch while they waited to go back and get the necklace. And then they all went back to Mandy’s house to get some rest before they went out later.


*****

    Kara was in a better mood today, but Jayden could see that she was still upset about the things Chrissy had wrote about in her diary. Jayden was also worried about the fact that she still couldn’t talk Kara into becoming Callum again. Kara had just said it would be a waste of time removing everything, just to put it back on again later in the day so they could go to the club.

     “At least she still wants to go to the club.”Jayden had thought at the time, but now she was beginning to wonder if that was just an excuse to stay as Kara.

    Diane had gone out with Dale for lunch, and Jayden had asked Kara if she wanted to go shopping, or just for a walk in a park? But Kara had decided she just wanted to sit and cuddle in the penthouse instead. Jayden was happy to do that too, so they did just that until they went for a nap in the afternoon ready for a fun night of dancing at the club. This would be the first time for Diane visiting The Closet, so Jayden was looking forward to the look on her face when she saw the way some of the people dressed when they went there. Jayden was also worried that Kara might fake an illness at the last minute, so she wouldn’t have to go and face the others.

    Jayden smiled later in the evening as the three of them rode down in the elevator, so they could have some dinner in the hotel restaurant before a car took them to the club. Kara seemed happy to be going out again.

    Diane waved to Dale, who seemed to be having an argument with a woman about her credit card for some reason, so Jayden led them over to see if she could help calm things down.

     “Hello Dale. Is everything alright?” Jayden asked as she looked at a very frustrated looking Dale. Jayden found this odd because he was normally so calm and collected in front of the guests.

     “I’ve been trying to explain to this lady, that the credit card she’s just tried to pay for her dinner with has been reported stolen, and I need to call the police, so they can come and sort it out.” Dale said it in such a way that a five year old would understand.

     “I understand that you stuck up prick!” The woman shot back at him. “But like I’ve already told you. I was out shopping this afternoon and someone must have given me the wrong card back.” The woman added angrily.

     “If that’s the case then miss, the police will be able to track down your card and retrieve this one.” Jayden said as she tapped a finger down on the card that Dale had his finger resting on, to stop the woman trying to take it away from him.

    Dale and Jayden both gave each other a quick look that said they were both thinking the same thing. This woman was acting a little bit too nervous about the police being called out to sort this matter out. She also didn’t seem as worried about her own credit card being with someone else.

     “Here, I’ll give you the cash for the stupid meal!” The woman said as she pulled a wallet out her purse and then ripped the wallet open in anger. As the woman did this, she shot what must have been ten more credit cards and a large wad of notes all over the floor.

    The woman looked panicked and then went to run out the hotel before anyone could stop her, but Dale had already got a couple of hotel staff ready to stop her doing just that, so she was soon being held, ready for the police to come and take her away.

     “Looks like you caught a member of that team the police were talking about the other day Dale.” Jayden said, as she helped him and Kara pick up all the credit cards and cash that was scattered all over the floor around the reception desk.

     “I just knew something wasn’t right with here from the first moment I told her the card wasn’t hers and it had been reported stolen.” Dale said as he looked over to where the woman was still trying to struggle lose from the two men holding her.

     “Carl will be happy to hear you helped the police solve their case for them.” Jayden smiled.

     “I’m just glad I caught one of them this time.” Dale said as he glared at the woman who was staring daggers back at him.

     “Do you want us to wait here with you until the police turn up?” Jayden asked.

     “No, Please go and have your dinner. I know where to find you all if the police need to take a statement.” Dale smiled at them and then smiled even more as he looked at Diane. “We got it all on video as well, so that should help the police throw the book at her.” Dale spoke the last bit a little louder, just so the woman heard him say it.

     “Did you say she was with someone, and they got away?” Jayden asked as she looked around the lobby, but not having a clue who she was looking for.

     “Yes, she was with another woman, but she ducked out as soon as I informed that one her card had been reported stolen.” Dale said pointing at the woman who was still struggling to get free.

    Jayden, Kara and Diane had just finished their starters of a prawn salad when they saw Dale enter the restaurant and lead two men over to the table where they were sat. “I’m so sorry to interrupt your meal Jayden, but the two officers would just like to take a statement of what happened out in the lobby.” Dale said looking most put out that the two officers couldn’t wait to speak to Jayden until after her and her two guests had finished their meal.

     “I’m sorry to bother you miss, but we really need to get an account of what happened from your perspective.” One of the men said, as he saw a waiter walk past with a large steak.

    Dale didn’t miss this, and thought it would be a long time before these two officers got anything to eat, so with a sigh he relaxed a little and then waved over a couple of waiters, so they could move another table over to the one Jayden, Kara and Diane were sat at. “Please be seated, and I’ll provide you with something to eat while you ask your questions.” Dale indicated for the two officers to take a seat while he spoke with the waiter serving Jayden’s table. “I trust you both like steak?” Dale asked with a smile.

     “Yes we do, but you really don’t have to go to any trouble.” The second officer said.

     “No trouble at all. I guess it won’t be a quick process for you, once you get her to the station, so the least I can do is make sure you’re doing it on a full stomach.” Dale said just before turning to the waiter again. “Two of our finest steaks for the two officers.” Dale told the waiter.

    The waiter asked the two officers a couple of question about how they would like their steak, and if they wanted jacket potato or fries with it. Then the waiter went to sort it all out. The waiter already had Jayden, Kara and Diane’s orders.

    Dale went back to the lobby and let them eat as the officers asked some questions and then took Jayden’s statement, they also took statements from Diane and Callum, but they didn’t think they would need any more than Jayden’s with the video evidence, when Jayden raised some concern about using Callum’s statement due to how he was dressed at the minute.

    The two officers finished their meal and got their statements before leaving to return to the station and start questioning the woman about how she came to have all the stolen credit cards. One of the officers had told them that they expected the woman to rat out her friends once she found out she was going down for a long time if she didn’t.

    Dale was stood talking to the two men that had stopped the women getting away, when they walked back out into the lobby. “I’m so sorry about spoiling your dinner Jayden. How can I make it up to you?” He asked.

     “Don’t be silly Dale. That was fun.” Jayden grinned. “I’m just glad I got to see it all go down.” She added with an even bigger grin this time.

    Dale grinned back at her just before he spoke. “I have a car waiting for you outside, ready to take you all to the club.” Dale said as he walked with them as they made their way outside to a black limo. Dale started grinning again when he saw the look on Diane’s face when she saw the car they would be using to get to the club.

     “Dale, a normal hotel car would have been fine.” Jayden whined, but was happy to see the look in Diane’s face as she was already getting in the back while Jayden still tried to protest with Dale.

     “You still have plenty of time to get to the club, so I’ve told the driver to give you a tour of the city before taking you there.” Dale said as he kissed Jayden on the hand before helping her and Kara to get in the limo before he closed the door and let them drive away.

    Jayden hit the button for the sunroof, and Diane was soon stood with her head out of it, acting just like a child. Jayden could see that Kara though was lost in thought.

     “You okay my love?” Jayden asked as she cuddled up next to Kara on the side seat in the limo as Kara watched her mum shouting and waving to people they passed on the sidewalk.

     “I’ll be okay.” Kara smiled, but it looked empty as she did it.

     “That’s not an answer Kara.” Jayden frowned. “Talk to me, please?” She begged.

    Kara looked at Jayden for a couple of seconds before letting out a sigh. “I’m scared of how they’re all going to look at me from now on Jayden. What type of a monster I really am, to do all that stuff to Chrissy growing up?” Kara was looking off into space as she said it. “I’ve been wondering if Kara is just my attempt to hide what I really am.”

     “Now you’re just being stupid!” Jayden burst out. “We all did stupid stuff as kids, even your mum I bet. Well I think she’s still a kid to be honest with you.” Jayden said with a giggle as she looked at Diane still shouting and giggling as she waved to a couple of men walking down the pavement.

    Even Kara had to giggle at Jayden’s comment when she looked up and thought the same thing. “I’ve decided to take whatever punishment they want to hand out. I’ve asked for it all and much worse.” Kara said as she rested her head on Jayden’s shoulder. Happy that she still had Jayden’s love, even if she had upset Becky and the others. Kara had given up expecting Chrissy to hate her for anything.

    Jayden had a feeling that Kara would be waiting a long time for that punishment, but she was going to let Kara see that for herself, so she just wrapped an arm around Kara and hugged her as they watched Diane enjoy her first ever limo ride.

    They seemed to drive around for some time, but then they saw the bright lights off the club as the limo pulled up outside. Frank opened the door and then helped all three of them to get out before Jayden led them into the club. Kara took a deep breath and let it out again to calm herself before facing the music, and all the hateful stares she knew she’d be getting from the others, now they all knew just what Callum had done to Chrissy growing up.

    Brad was the first person Kara saw, that she thought might have something to say about her part in Chrissy nearly not being with them anymore, but he just treated them like he normally would, and even looked a little worried for Kara when he saw the worry on her face.

     “Everything okay Kara?” Brad asked when he saw how scared he though she looked.

    Kara just nodded a yes, and moved her lips to say the word, but only let a strange squeak come out her mouth. Then she just wanted to put some distance between her and him. Brad was the last person she wanted to have upset with her, well except maybe Frank.

    Jayden had managed to keep hold of Kara’s hand as she ran off up the stairs into the VIP section, while keeping hold of Diane’s hand in her other one. Kara suddenly came to a stop when she realised that Chrissy and the others had beaten them in getting to the club, and they were all sat up in Becky and Carla’s private section laughing and smiling at each other.

    Amy was the first one to notice Kara and the others. Then Kara saw Amy tap Becky on the arm and say something just before Becky turned to look in her direction. Kara let out a gasp when she saw Becky get up and start walking towards her. Kara then looked even more worried when she saw that Chrissy, Mandy, Amy and Amber were also following close behind Becky.

    Taking a couple of deep breaths, Kara braced herself for whatever the girls had to say to her. She thought Becky would be the one to have the first go at her, as she felt that she almost lost the most out of all of them, but the verbal beating Kara had been expecting, never came. Instead Becky just stood there smiling at Kara, as did all the others. Kara looked a little puzzled at them all, as did Jayden and Diane.

    Becky pulled a small box out a hidden pocket she had in the dress she was wearing and then handed it over to Kara. Becky was still smiling, so Kara guessed it wasn’t a bomb or something like that, so she pulled the pink bow off it and then opened the box to find a heart shaped locket inside on a gold necklace. Kara could see that the locket opened, so she lifted it out the box and held it in one hand while opening it with her other. Kara let out a laugh as a tear ran down her cheek.

    In one part of the locket was a small photo of Kara with the others that had been taken some time back. Even Jayden was in it as well with her cheek pressed up close to her, but the thing that made her cry, was the engraved word on the other half of the locket. One simple word that meant more to Kara than anything else ever could. “Friends”

     “Do you all really mean this?” Kara asked as she wiped away some more tears, taking a large amount of her makeup with it. Not that she was bothered about that; she knew Chrissy could fix any mess she made.

     “Yes!” Was the reply Kara got from all the girls at the same time, as they all attacked her in a mass hug.

    Becky turned Kara around so she could help her put the locket around her neck, and then she stepped back to stand with Chrissy while Kara held the locket in her hand and looked down at it. “Thank you, but I don’t deserve any of this.” Kara said close to tears again.

     “Yes you do Kara.” Becky said as she stepped forward again, with Chrissy at her side this time. “What you didn’t deserve was the things I said, and the way I made you feel about the things Chrissy wrote in her diary.” Becky wrapped her arms around Kara and just let her sob on her shoulder for a bit.

     “I’m so sorry for what I did Kara. It wasn’t until Chrissy explained it all to me, that I fully understood the way she felt back then. I think if she had taken her own life, you never would have forgiven yourself for it.” Becky added with a sigh, glad to have it all out in the open, and feeling better now she’d given Kara a hug to show they were still friends.

    Kara let out a sigh when she heard Becky say them words, the same words that she’d been feeling since reading the pages Becky had given her the day before. Kara, or Callum as it would have been, would never have been able to forgive himself, if Chrissy had taken her own life. Callum never would have found out about Chrissy wanting to be a girl so bad that death seemed like a better way out than trying to live with it. For the very first time, Callum could understand why Chrissy forgave him, and was now even his friend. Chrissy had been through the hardest thing she’d ever have to do, to get to where she was now, so why would putting up with a bunch of boys trying to make hell even worse bother her much more than it did. Kara was snapped back to reality when she heard Jayden whisper in her ear.

     “So what kind of a monster does this make you my love?” Jayden asked as she grinned at Kara when she turned her head to look Jayden in the eyes.

     “I very lucky one.” Kara grinned back, just before opening the locket again to look at the picture, and the engraving on the other half.

     “We all thought you might need it in writing after last night Kara.” Chrissy said with a smile. “I hope you like it?” She asked.

     “Like it? I love it Chrissy.” Kara grinned as a tear came to her eye again. “I just wish I could stop wanting to cry all the time.” Kara added with a little annoyance in her voice.

     “Don’t worry about it; you’re dressed for the part, so people won’t think you’re a wimp.” Chrissy giggled. Chrissy heard a song come on that her and Amy loved, so all the girl’s were soon being dragged down to the dance floor. And that was pretty much the end of any trouble Kara thought she might get from any of the girls over what her younger self once did to a much younger Chrissy.

    Diane found herself being dragged down to the dance floor along with the others, and she was soon joining Chrissy and Amy as they did some of their more risky dance moves. Kara wanted to disown her mother, but at the same time she was having a good time dressed as a girl on a night out with a side of her mother she’d never seen before.

    They stopped on the dance floor for a couple more songs and then went back to the VIP section for a sit down and get a drink. Jayden filled Carla in on catching the woman trying to use a stolen credit card to get a free meal at the hotel, and then Carla got onto the subject of Dale and Diane.

     “I hear that you and Dale have hit it off Diane?” Carla asked with a grin when she saw that Diane was giving Carla a good look over. This was the first time Diane had seen Carl dressed as his feminine self.

     “Yes we have Carla. He makes me feel like a young woman again when we’re together.” Diane smiled.

     “I said that she needs to have a word with you Carla. Diane is leaving Frazer and will be moving down here and living with Callum and Kara until she can get a place of her own sorted out.” Jayden said, to try and give Diane a chance to step in and talk for herself.

     “Oh, that’s not what Dale was saying to me earlier today when I spoke to him about it all.” Carla said with a raised eyebrow.

     “I’ve not had time to talk to Kara and Callum about anything yet Carla.” Diane said looking a little worried.

     “Don’t tell me you’re having second thoughts and are thinking about stopping with Frazer?!” Kara asked, or more shouted.

     “No silly, I’m still leaving Frazer, but I won’t be moving in with you dear.” Diane said. “I’m going to be moving in with Dale right from the start.” Diane said in a firm voice, thinking that Kara or Callum might argue with her about it.

     “Oh, alright then. Way to go mum.” Was all Kara said with a grin on her face.

    Now it was Diane’s turn to look shocked when she didn’t get any of the arguments that she got when she wanted to marry Frazer. “Is that all you’re going to say about it?” Diane asked as she looked Kara in the eyes to see if there might be some trouble later on down the line, but all she saw was her son/daughter looking happy for her.

     “I like Dale mum. He’s always been really nice to me when I’ve spoke to him in the past, and I’ve just liked him even more since I started dating Jayden, and she’s been working with him.” Kara smiled.

     “What about me moving in with him after just meeting him for the first time a couple of days ago?” Diane asked, still looking for any possible problems further down the line.

     “Good? I don’t need to sort out the spare room now.” Kara giggled this time, as she could see the confused look on her mums face. “You’re old enough to make your own mistakes in life.” Kara added, sounding just like her mum had when he first told her Callum was leaving home and moving away.

     “Hey! That’s my line.” Diane moaned, but she was soon giggling when she saw that her son/daughter was happy for her at last. Just as she was glad to see him, or her smiling and having fun with his or her friends.

    Jayden and Kara hung around on the sofas talking to Carla and Mandy about the woman at the hotel, while Diane went with Chrissy and the others back down onto the dance floor. Diane staggered back some time later, when she realised that she wasn’t as young as she first thought. Mandy pointed out that not many of them could keep up with Chrissy, Amy and Amber. Diane had left Amy and Amber following Chrissy and Becky around while they checked to make sure everyone was having a good time.

    Chrissy was sat with Becky taking a break later in the night when Diane came and sat down next to them. Becky was sat cuddling on Chrissy’s knee. “I hope you’re having a good time Diane?” Chrissy asked with a grin, she could already tell that Diane was having a great time.

     “Yes thank you. It must take a lot of work to keep a place like this running smoothly?” Diane asked as she pointed around the VIP section, but she was referring to the entire club.

     “Not if you have the right person for the job.” Chrissy grinned as she looked at Becky.

     “Most of it’s down to Carl, or Carla. Depending on when you’re talking to him or her.” Becky said, but looking lost herself. “You get what I mean. He just has the right people doing the right job for him.” Becky added.

     “I can see that when you two walk around the club helping people to mingle.” Diane smiled. She’d followed the two of them around earlier with Amy and Amber, and got to see them help a couple of shy newcomers start talking to some of the more regular customers. Diane took them to be regular, due to them all knowing Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber by their first names.

     “I won’t be doing it much longer though. I’ll just be sat keeping an eye on others doing the job for me.” Becky sighed.

     “Just think about what you’ll be gaining from it though baby.” Chrissy grinned as she put her hand on the back of Becky’s head and then pulled it closer so they could kiss.

    Diane found it hard to believe that this blond bombshell was once the little boy that had looked all beaten up in the head masters office when she was once called into school after Callum had been caught bullying him. Diane also remembered that Chrissy had said it was just a misunderstanding, and they had just been playing around.

     “Thank you for being Callum’s friend Chrissy, Becky.” Diane smiled as she said it, once the two of them had stopped kissing long enough to remember they had company sat next to them. “I know his life wasn’t much better than yours was growing up. He was always getting in trouble, thinking it would make the other kids like him, but I think it just made him hate himself even more.” Diane said with a faraway look in her eyes.

     “I’m sorry for taking my anger out on him last night Diane. I just needed to have a go at someone about it all, because I knew Chrissy never would.” Becky frowned as she looked at Chrissy, whose knee she was still sat on.

     “Don’t let it bother you Becky. I think it did him good to find out what could have so easily have happened. I also think he feels like someone as finally set him straight.” Diane smiled. “I must say that the two of you make the cutest couple I’ve ever seen, even though you are both girls.” She giggled at her own comment.

    Chrissy and Becky just grinned at each other before they started kissing again. Diane giggled some more, and then went to see if she could have a word with Brad and Ann about them coming back home with her, so she could tell Frazer the bad news, and then pack some things so she can return with them again to start a new chapter of her life with Dale, and also being closer to her son/daughter again.

    Carla had the limo outside the club at the end of the night, ready to run Jayden. Kara and Diane back to the hotel. Ann was going home with Brad again, and Vicky had the people carrier to run the rest of them back to Mandy’s house before she herself went to cuddle up in bed next to Jenna for a couple of hours.


*****

    Kara woke on the Sunday morning and just lay there watching Jayden sleep next to her for a couple of minutes before sighing and then getting up and going to the bathroom. Kara looked in the mirror and decided it was time to let Callum return, so he could spend some time with his girlfriend. Part of Callum had been there for the past couple of days in their lovemaking, but He felt it was time for Callum to come back fully, so he set to work removing the breast forms and the false nails, and the long brunet wig that He’d been wearing.

    It wasn’t long before Kara had left, and Callum was left looking at himself in the mirror again. He found it a little weird not having the extra weight on his chest, and his nipples felt very sensitive when he touched them, due to them being covered by the false breasts for the last three days. He also had to remember to walk more like a man, and stop swinging his hips when he walked, like he did when dressed as Kara. He soon felt like his normal self again, so he went back to the bedroom and slipped back into bed where Jayden was still asleep.

    Jayden started to wake, and she ran her hand across the bed, then up onto Callum’s chest, and it was Callum’s chest she found. She felt only a slight rise as she ran her hand over his pecks, not the larger mounds that Kara would normally have. Jayden opened her eyes and smiled when she saw that it was Callum looking over at her with a smile on his face.

     “Callum, you’re back at last.” Jayden smiled just before she slid over and wrapped her arms around his neck just before she started kissing him. Things soon got a little heavier as Jayden welcomed him home.

    Callum thought it was nice to be missed, even if you never actually went anywhere in the first place. What started in the bedroom, and then continued in the bathroom, before ending up back on the bed in the bedroom again.

    Jayden had loved her time with Kara, but she had missed having Callum around, and she had been worried that Callum would never come back after the trouble at Mandy’s house the other night. So she was over the moon to wake and find Callum lying in bed next to her.

    Once they had both finished their morning workout, they went out to take one last swim in the pool before ordering breakfast and then going out to do something with Callum’s mum. Diane was already in the pool swimming laps when Jayden and Callum got out there.

     “Morning mum.” Callum said with a smile, as he helped Jayden take her bathrobe off before he removed his own.

     “Good morning Diane.” Jayden grinned just before jumping into the water and then giving her a hug.

     “Hello dears. I see Callum finally found his way home. I trust you’re feeling okay again now?” Diane asked. She’d also been a little worried about the fact that Kara hadn’t let Jayden bring Callum back the other night.

     “I’m fine mum. Sorry about all the trouble I’ve been to you over the years.” Callum said with a sigh, as he dropped into the pool.

     “No need to apologise to my dear. Mothers sign up for all sorts of things when they give birth. I’m just proud that you turned out so well in the end, even if you did have a rocky start.” Diane said just before kissing Callum on the cheek. “Thank you for letting me spend some time with my daughter as well.” Diane added with a grin and a wink this time.

     “Do you think you’ll ever want to spend time with her again mum, or was it just a onetime only deal?” Callum asked with some worry as to what the answer might be.

     “Kara is welcome to visit anytime she wants to Callum. I know that she’s part of who you are, and I know that Jayden likes it when your sister comes to visit.” Diane giggled. “Not so sure about some of the other guests here at the hotel though.” Diane whispered the last bit, just before she swam off up the pool again.

    Callum wondered just how much noise they were making if his mum had heard them this morning. It was too late to do anything about it now, and Dale wouldn’t say too much about it if he did get any complaints, but Callum was sure Jayden would ask Dale if anyone had complained about the noise coming from their penthouse.

    Jayden got out the pool and called room service to order breakfast, and then they all sat at the table out near the pool to wait for Dale to arrive with it, just like he had every other morning since the first morning they had stopped here.

    Dale arrived with breakfast for them all, and he was just taking his seat next to Diane and kissing her on the cheek, when she turned her head and then gripped his head to stop him pulling away while she kissed him full on the lips. Dale looked shocked to start with, but it soon turned to a grin, then worry as he realised that Callum and Jayden had just watched the whole thing.

     “I’m sorry about that Callum.” Dale said looking nervous. “I was hoping to sit and have a word with you before things went that far.” He added, struggling to find the right words to explain what had just happened.

     “Don’t worry about it Dale. Mum explained everything to me last night, well she told my sister all about it, but we’re both fine with it all.” Callum grinned. “If I had to pick a new man for my mother, I couldn’t do better than you Dale.” Callum added as he reached out his hand to shake Dale’s.

    Dale shook Callum’s hand with a little shock showing on his face as he did so. “I don’t know what to say Callum. Your mum thought you might be a little difficult about it all.”

     “Not now she’s found someone worthy of her I’m not. Just treat her with respect, and we’ll never have a problem Dale.” Callum smiled. He already knew that Dale would do just that.

     “I know that I’ve only just met your mother Callum, but I already love her with all my heart.” Dale sighed as he turned to look at Diane as he said it. Diane just smiled back at him until their lips met and they started kissing each other this time.

    They ate breakfast, and Then Dale told Diane that he was going to be taking the rest of the day off, so he could let her go and see his home, and he was also going to give her a set of keys for the place, so she could drop her stuff off when she got back tomorrow. Dale was worried about letting Diane go home and tell this Frazer that she was leaving him, but he did feel better when he found out Brad would be going with her and Callum.

    Diane got ready and then left with Dale, so Jayden and Callum got ready to leave and then got a hotel car to drive them over to Mandy’s so Callum could pick his car up before deciding on what to do next.


*****

    All the girls and Carl were sat around in the living room trying to work out what to do when they heard a car pull into the driveway, then they heard the front door open , just before they heard Jayden shout that it was just her and Callum coming to pick his car up.

    Jayden and Callum smiled and waved to everyone as they entered the living room and saw them all sat around on the sofas doing very little at all.

     “What you and Callum planning to do today?” Chrissy asked, hoping that it would give them some idea as to what they could all do.

     “No idea really. Maybe go and walk around some shops and go see a movie.” Jayden shrugged as she looked at Callum to see if he’d had any ideas about anything they could go and do.

     “We could go bowling? That could be a laugh.” Callum suggested.

     “That sounds like a great idea, and I know just the place to go as well.” Carl said as he jumped up and then pulled Mandy to her feet. “Come on everyone!” Carl added as he looked at them all.

    They were all soon running off to get ready to go to the bowling alley Carl was thinking about. Once everyone was ready, Chrissy and Becky went with Callum in his car with him and Jayden. Carl drove Mandy’s car with Mandy riding shotgun with Amy and Amber in the back. Carl had told Amy to call her sister and tell them where they were going and ask if her and Brad wanted to join them. Ann had said it sounded like fun, and they would meet them there.

    The bowling alley looked quite upmarket, but the girls were all still worried about renting shoes that other people hand worn, but that was all laid to rest when Carl took them all into a large shop the bowling alley had and he told them all to pick a pair of shoes to buy, then he let them all pick their very own bowling ball as well. They later found out that Carl owned the bowling alley, but he let a friend run it for him, as he’d never really found anyone to enjoy the game with before now.

    None of the girls were very good, but they did have a good time. Carl and Brad could play a little, but they spent more time sat crying with laughter, as they watched one of the girls end up on there backside after trying to throw their ball down the lane.

    They nearly had some trouble with a group of guys that took their sport a little bit too seriously, but they backed off when Brad stood up and asked them very nicely to walk away. Carl smoothed things out when he said they could play the rest of the day for free. They seemed to just let the girls giggle all they want after that. The girls all thought it had more to do with Brad, than what Carl had done though.

    The girls all carried their new bowling balls out to the cars in the bags that Carl had also brought them, and they had their bowling shoes in a side pocket the bags had with the bowling balls in. Then Carl took them all out for dinner before heading home again. Brad back to his place with Ann. Callum back to the hotel with Jayden, after dropping Chrissy and Becky back at home first.

    Diane and Dale were sat on the sofa enjoying a glass of wine when Callum and Jayden got back to the penthouse. Both Dale and Callum’s mum looked a little messed up from playing around on the sofa. Callum had to chuckle when he realised that he felt like the parent coming home to find the kids had been playing around, and had just been caught red handed.

     “Sorry, don’t let us stop you.” Callum smiled as he took Jayden by the hand, and then led her into the bedroom without saying another word.

    Callum and Jayden did their giggling later on in the night, but at no point did they hear anyone leave in the elevator, so they assumed that Dale stopped the night. This was confirmed when they saw Dale sat with Diane the next morning while they waited for breakfast to arrive.

     “Did you sleep well mother?” Callum asked with a grin. “Not having any second thoughts after spending the night together?” Callum chuckled this time, not able to keep a straight face any longer.

     “Yes I did, and definitely not!” Diane said with a grin.

    Callum took that to mean Dale was good in bed as well as out of it. Callum thought that Dale looked like a talented lover. He was the type of man that wanted the woman to enjoy the lovemaking, not just the end result. Looking at the way his mum was glowing this morning, it had been some time since she had been treated like that. Callum remembered his dad still being alive the last time his mum looked this happy first thing in the morning, Back then though, Callum had no idea what had given her that glow, but now he knew only too well. He’d seen Jayden look the same way more than once.

    Once they had all had breakfast, Dale had a member of the hotel staff take all their luggage so Diane’s could be taken to Dale’s home when he finished later, and Jayden’s would be given to Vic, so he could drop it off at home later, when he, or more to the point she, could drop it off at home when she picked Becky and Chrissy up. Callum’s stuff was also in with Jayden’s so he would just collect it the next time he was round at Mandy’s house.

    Brad and Ann were waiting in the lobby when they all got down there, so they walked over so Diane could thank them both for helping her do this.

     “Hello Brad, Ann. I just want to thank you again for coming with me when I do this.” Diane said as she gave them both a hug. “I’m not sure how he’ll take it, but if I have you there Brad, I don’t think there’s much he can do.” Diane giggled.

     “Think nothing of it Diane, I’m just glad I’ll be able to offer my services.” Brad grinned back at her.

     “If he does start anything, please feel free to put him in his place again, just like you did last time.” Diane grinned this time.

     “Don’t worry Diane; I plan to do just that.”

     “If the two of you have done planning how to sort out Frazer, we better see about getting off.” Callum chuckled, not really feeling sorry for the dead beat step father he wouldn’t have for much longer.

    Dale had a large hotel car waiting for them outside, so they all got in and then made their way to the airport where the jet was kept. They were soon in the air, and making their way to Diane’s house to collect some of her things, and give Frazer his marching orders.

    Carl had sorted out a minibus for them when they landed, so Brad drove with Callum navigating the quickest way to his old house, while Ann and Jayden helped to keep Diane calm in the back. Brad was soon pulling up outside the house. Callum got out and then opened the side door and help his mum, Ann and Jayden to get out safely before they made their way up to the front door.

    Diane let them all in, and was shocked to see the mess that waited for her when she walked in to the kitchen, but the biggest shock was the woman that ran out of the bedroom wearing nothing but a large t-shirt that belonged to Frazer.

    The woman stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Diane and the others stood behind her. Then she let out a scream that had Frazer running out the same bedroom the woman had just come out. Frazer wasn’t wearing anything but a silly looking pair of thong style underwear with an elephants face and trunk where Frazer’s manhood went.

     “Diane! What are you doing back today?” Frazer asked. “I didn’t think you’d be back until Wednesday?” he asked, like she was the one in the wrong, not him.

     “I was always coming back today, you bastard!” Diane spat out at him. “What the hell do you call this?” She asked through gritted teeth as she pointed at the woman trying to get back into the bedroom she’d just left. Diane thought she must be trying to get back to her clothes, or just get away from her.

     “I can explain poppet.” Frazer said in his trademark slick sounding voice, as he stepped forward to put his hands on Diane’s upper arms, but Callum stepped in and stopped him.

     “Don’t even think about laying one hand on my mother you son of a bitch!” Callum said as he smacked Frazer’s hands away.

     “Well look who grew a back bone.” Frazer chuckled. “Stay out of this kid, or you’ll get hurt.” Frazer added as he stepped a little closer to Callum, trying to show him that he wasn’t scared of some mommy’s boy.

    Callum suddenly saw red and he found himself thinking about all those times he picked on Chrissy growing up, and all the punches he’d given her, but always holding most of the power back so as not to hurt Chrissy to much, but now he didn’t need to hold anything back. He could let Frazer have the full blunt of his anger, and that’s what Callum did. He hit Frazer with so much force that Frazer was seeing stars as he looked up at Callum from the kitchen floor.

     “Do you know the problems with bullies Frazer?” Callum asked, but then kept speaking anyway. “The more they try and show people how tough they are, the weaker they turn out to be.” Callum chuckled. “I can’t believe I used to be scared of you.” Callum looked disgusted with himself for ever fearing Frazer now.

     “I’ll give you something to be scared of you little fairy loving piece of sh...” Was all Frazer got out before he was lifted off the ground and then slammed back down into it by Brad. Callum and the others didn’t think Frazer could look more scared if the ground opened up and the devil himself stepped out and said that Frazer’s time was up.

     “I clearly remember telling you to never use that sort of language when talking about my baby sisters.” Brad said through gritted teeth as he once again picked Frazer up from the ground like he was a human sized football. “I would like nothing more than to start beating on you right now, but Diane has something to tell you first, so I’ll just have to wait until she’s finished, but then you and I are going to dance.” Brad was growling the last couple of words.

    Diane was grinning as she looked Frazer in the eyes, when Brad lowered him enough to look Diane in the eyes that was. “You’ve made this so much easier for me to do Frazer, so here goes.” Diane said just before taking another deep breath. “I want you gone, out the house, and I never want to see your face ever again, if I do see it, then I will ask Brad here to make sure it never looks the same again after he’s done with you. I also want you to know that I am selling the house and moving away to be closer to Callum and all his new friends.”Diane said with a sigh. She thought it felt so good to be finally doing something with her life again, and not just putting up with Frazer and his lazy ass way of life.

    Frazer looked a little smug when he heard Diane mention the selling of the house, but it was short lived with what Diane said next.

     “Don’t get any funny ideas that you’ll be getting any money from the sale of the house either, as the house belongs to Callum. I signed it over to him before we got married, just in case anything ever happened to me.” Diane looked smug now.

     “Where the hell am I supposed to live if you kick me out?” Frazer choked out as Brad was still holding him by the throat.

     “There’s no if Frazer. I have just kicked you out, and as for where you sleep from now on. I really don’t care.” Diane smiled. “Brad dear? Will you help Frazer pack his things and then escort him from my son’s home for me?” Diane asked Brad.

    Diane warned Frazer to take everything he wanted because whatever was left after today would be going to good will. Frazer was dumped out on the road outside the house with all his stuff in a pile next to him, while he was making a call on his mobile.

    Ann and Jayden were helping Diane pack all her clothing and other bits she wanted to take with her now. Carl had already said that she was welcome to use the jet whenever she needed to come back and sort things out ready for the sale of the house once it was empty. Callum and Jayden had also offered to come up and help. Brad had already said he’d be coming to make sure Frazer didn’t try anything.

    Diane had gone next door to leave them with a key, and to warn them to call the police if they saw Frazer anywhere near the house after today. When a car pulled up and two men got out looking ready for a fight. Callum shouted Brad, who was just bringing a couple of suitcases out the bedroom, where Ann and Jayden had just packed them. He dropped the cases and went to see what Callum wanted.

     “I think Frazer just called for some back up.” Callum warned him. “My mum’s still next door.” Callum added with some worry in his voice.

     “No offence Callum, but there must be something in the water up here that makes some people to stupid to know when to call it a day.” Brad said as he made his way to the front door, and then he stepped out of it. Callum was right behind him, not that Brad needed any help when it came to sorting out a group of men.

    Frazer was back with the smug look on his face, now he had a couple of friends to back him up. “Let’s see how cocky you are now big guy!”

     “Fuck me Frazer; you said the guy was big! Not the bloody Hulk minus the green paint.” One of his friends said as he took a couple of steps back before turning and running back to the safety of his car and driving away again. This left Frazer and the other guy still stood there looking at Brad.

     “I’ve got no beef with you man, but if you stand there any longer then I will.” Brad said as he looked at the other man stood with Frazer.

    The man took one look at Frazer and then he ran off down the road like a bullet being fired out a gun. This just left Frazer all on his own again.

     “You got any more friends you want to call?” Brad asked with a grin. “I can give you a couple of days, if you need more time, but no matter how many friends you bring to the fight mate, I will beat everyone of them and then I will come after you.” Brad pointed out.

    Frazer’s only working brain cell must have finally started working, because he was soon loading all his stuff into his car before he got in and drove away.

    Brad turned to look at Callum and found him on his knees in a fit of giggles. Ann and Jayden were each gripping onto one side of the front door frame, as they were also having a giggling fit.

    Diane had seen everything from next door and even she was giggling about it as she came back after leaving all her contact details, just in case there was any trouble with the house. They got everything loaded into the minibus and then they made their way back to the plane, and then home.

 

To Be Continued Next Week  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Sara,

ALISON

'your lovely story just gets better and better!

ALISON

Thanks Sara

Thanks for resolving the issue between Becky and Callum and for including the Frazer removal in this posting.

Seems like Becky's been pretty volatile since she's been pregnant. Probably hormones?

It shows so much why Chrissy

.... is so much the bigger person ( so to speak *rolls eyes*. )

It seems on certain things she seems pretty insightful despite being a total ditz about other things. I enjoy this story of Chrissy's rising and I have less fears that when her babies finally come that she will be a standup parent to her kids. I so look forward to that chapter, never fear.

Kim

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 27 By SaraUK

Seeing Chrissy grow up in the diary shows her inner strength.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ha ha Frazer's such an

Ha ha Frazer's such an idiot, glad he's gone, nice to see Callum stepping up, conquering his fear and comfronting the ex-step-shit lol.

I had a feeling Diane had been a bit crafty with the house :P

Glad Becky put things right with Callum/Kara.

Thanks for another great chapter.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p