You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 15

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 15

Chapter 40: Home is where your family is

    Debbie had to giggle when she walked into the house, and then the living room after just chatting to Callum, and meeting Jayden for the first time. Chrissy was sat on one of the sofas with tiffany sat on her knee. Becky was sat one side of Chrissy, and Amy was sat on Amber’s knee on the other side, as they all fussed over the little girl. Vin had put the changing bag down on the floor in the corner, and was stood chatting with Brad and Vic about cars.

    “Hello everyone.” Debbie said, as she waddled into the room.

    “Hi Debbie!” everyone shouted at her.

    “Wow girl, you look ready to drop. Are you sure you’re not carrying twins in there?” Mandy asked, as she put her hand on Debbie’s belly, and felt the baby start kicking.

     “They tell me it’s just the one, but I sure feel like I’m carrying two, or even three at the minute.” Debbie giggled, as she let Carl and Mandy help her take a seat.

    “You sure make my little bump look pathetic now I look at you.” Becky said, as she ran her hand over her own small little bump.

    “Don’t worry Becky. You’ll soon look like me, and then you’ll be glad to have them out of you.” Debbie said with a grin, as she ran her hand over her own belly. “Congratulations on having twins, by the way.” Debbie added.

     “Thanks Debbie. I’m just glad that I’ll be having Chrissy’s babies.” Becky said with a grin, as she looked at Chrissy nursing Tiffany.

     Debbie just looked at Chrissy with a smile on her face, as she realised what a wonderful parent Chrissy would make. She was sat pulling funny faces at Tiffany, and making her giggle.

     “I’m glad that Prue was wise enough to plan for you two having children. I hear from Chrissy that it wasn’t an easy thing to achieve though.” Debbie said with a pained look.

     “No it wasn’t easy at all.” Becky said with a sigh. “Prue wasn’t sure I’d even be able to get pregnant using Chrissy’s sperm. That’s why I kept it a secret, and then caused all that trouble.” Becky added, just before wrapping an arm around Chrissy and hugging her.

     “Don’t worry baby, it all worked out in the end, and I’m back with you now.” Chrissy smiled, as she gave Becky a quick kiss before going back to making Tiffany giggle.

     “I’d say it all worked out. Callum looked very happy just now with Jayden.” Debbie said with a grin. “She seems really nice Chrissy; I can see why you hit it off with her so quickly.” Debbie added.

     “She’s amazing; we all love her to bits, and treat her just like part of the family now.” Chrissy smiled.

     “Does she know about Callum’s female side?” Debbie asked in a whisper, even though everyone in the room already knew about Kara.

     “Yes she met Kara before she met Callum. It wasn’t love at first sight though.” Chrissy giggled, as she thought about Kara upsetting Jayden with her comment about Chrissy being a waitress.

     Chrissy went on to tell Debbie what happened, and how Becky and her had got the two of them out on a date together. Debbie loved the part where Chrissy said that Callum should have been a blonde when he wouldn’t kiss Jayden.

     “Would you and Vin like a cup of tea while you’re here?” Holly asked, as she stood up to go and put the kettle on.

     “Yes please, but only if its no trouble for you.” Debbie said with a smile.

     “No trouble at all Debbie. Do you want me to fix a drink for Tiffany as well?” Holly asked.

     “I have a bottle for her in the bag over there.” Debbie said, as she pointed to the changing bag in the corner. “It just needs to go in some hot water for a little bit to warm in up.” Debbie added, as she went to get up. Holly stopped her, and went over to get the bag, and handed it to Debbie, so she could get the bottle out and then hand it to Holly. “I won’t tell you what needs to be done with it Holly, I’m sure you already know.” Debbie giggled, as she gave the bottle to Holly.

     “Yes, I still remember what needs to be done with it.” Holly giggled, as she walked off towards the kitchen.

     “Do you want any help mum?” Chrissy asked.

     “I’ll be fine dear, and it looks like you have your hands full at the minute anyway.” Holly smiled, as she looked at Chrissy with Tiffany sat on her knee.

     Chrissy just sat grinning at her mum as she left the room, then Chrissy went back to entertaining Tiffany with her silly faces. Chrissy still found it amazing that Becky was going to be having her children, and she’d soon be sat doing this with her own babies soon.

     Holly sorted out a couple of pots with tea in them, and then went back into the living room with a tray full of cups, and a jug with hot water in it, with Tiffany’s bottle in it warming up. Holly put the tray on the coffee table, and then stepped back so Amy could take over sorting out drinks for everyone.

     Chrissy was going to give Tiffany her bottle, so she turned down a drink for the time being, as she was worried about spilling it on the baby. Once the bottle was warm enough and Debbie had checked it, Chrissy set about feeding the baby while the others all looked on with smiles on their faces.

     “You look so natural doing that Chrissy.” Amy smiled, as she saw how Happy Chrissy looked.

     “It feels natural to me.” Chrissy said, as she looked down at little Tiffany sucking on the bottle, as she tried to grip it with her little hands. Chrissy started grinning when Tiffany grabbed one of her fingers and gripped it as tight as her little hand could.

     “Looks like she was ready for that as well.” Becky said, as she looked over Chrissy’s shoulder and watched Tiffany enjoying her bottle.

     Once Tiffany had finished her bottle, Chrissy let Amy have her for a bit. Chrissy could see that Amy loved kids just as much as she did.

     “Do you mind if I use your bathroom Holly? I’m not sure if that drink just went right through me, or the baby is pressing down on my bladder again.” Debbie giggled, as she started to try and get up.

     “Not at all Debbie. Do you think you can find it, or do you want me to show you the way?” Holly asked.

     “I’ll show her where it is mum.” Chrissy said, as she got up, and then helped Debbie to get out the chair she’d been sat in.

     “Thanks Chrissy. I need all the help I can get at the minute.” Debbie said, as she let Chrissy lead her out the room and then up the stairs to the bathroom. “I love this house Chrissy; I wish we had the money to make an offer on it.” Debbie added, as they got to the top of the stairs.

    ”What’s wrong with the place you have Debbie?” Chrissy asked as she opened the bathroom door for Debbie to enter.

     “Nothing really, but it’s not big enough anymore. Not with having this little fella on the way.” Debbie said with a sigh, just before closing the door. “It would be nice to have a garden for them to run around in when they’re older as well.” Debbie shouted to Chrissy just outside on the landing.

     Chrissy found herself wondering just how much her mum was looking to get for the house. She also stood there remembering the times she’d dressed as a girl while she was still a boy growing up. Chrissy had nearly been caught a couple of times back then. Once when her mum got home early, and then once when she had to hide behind the sofa, and wait for her dad to go back out again. He’d finished work early and Chrissy was sat watching telly when she heard the front door opening. Not having time to get back up to her room, Chrissy had jumped behind the sofa.

     Lucky for Chrissy, her dad wasn’t stopping, and was soon going back out the door again, so she ran up to her room and then got changed back into her boy clothes. The next time Chrissy wasn’t so lucky, and that’s when her dad beat her. Chrissy never dressed again after that, not until she moved into Mable’s, and then met Mandy.

     Chrissy was just thinking of how frail her dad looked now, to how he looked back then. Part of Chrissy wished that her dad was still like that now, and then he wouldn’t be dying. She was snapped out of her day dreaming when she heard the bathroom door opening.

     “What’s wrong Chrissy?” Debbie asked looking worried.

     “Nothing’s wrong Debbie. Why do you ask?” Chrissy looked puzzled at the sudden look of worry Debbie had on her face as she asked her.

     “You’re crying Chrissy.” Debbie said, as she wiped away a tear from Chrissy’s cheek.

     Chrissy hadn’t even realised she’d started crying until Debbie showed her the wet finger she now had. “I’m fine Debbie. I was just thinking back to some of the fun times I had growing up here.” Chrissy smiled, as she wiped away a couple more tears.

     “Do you mind if I take a look around while we’re up here?” Debbie asked, as she looked over Chrissy’s shoulder into one of the bedrooms.

     “Not at all Debbie. I’ll give you the tour.” Chrissy let Debbie enter the bedroom, which just happened to be hers while she lived there.

     Chrissy went on to show her the rest of the upstairs, and then they made their way down stairs, and then went to the kitchen. Debbie fell in love with the fitted Kitchen Greg had got her mum as a birthday present a couple of years back.

     “I’d kill to have a kitchen like this.” Debbie said, as she ran a hand across one of the worktops.

     “I think this will be the thing mum will miss the most.” Chrissy said as she looked around the kitchen. “I use to love spending time in the kitchen with mum cooking.” Chrissy added with a dreamy look in her eyes.

     “I can just imagine you and your mum stood in here cooking together.” Debbie smiled, as she walked around the room looking at everything.

     “I use to love cooking with mum, but I never got the chance with this kitchen. This was a birthday present from dad a couple of year’s back. I’d already left home by then.” Chrissy walked over to the back door as she spoke. “Come on, I’ll show you the back yard.

     Debbie followed Chrissy, as she went out the back door and then helped Debbie out the door, so she could look around the back yard.

     “I just love this house Chrissy. The kids could run around out here for hours when they’re older.” Debbie said, as she looked around the garden.

     Chrissy didn’t know what to say to Debbie about the house. She wished she could let Debbie have the house, but it wasn’t hers to give away, and she knew her mum would need the money from the sale of the house as well. So she just let Debbie keep looking around.

     “It would also be handy for going to see my mum, as she only lives just down the road.” Debbie giggled.

     Chrissy and Debbie both turned around when they heard someone speak to them. Becky had just stepped out the back door. “I was beginning to think the two of you had run off together.” Becky said with a pout, as he walked over and wrapped her arms around Chrissy, just before kissing her.

     “Don’t tell me you’re still worried about me running off with your wife?” Debbie asked, with her hands on her hips, as she tried to look upset with Becky for thinking such a thing.

     “No, I was just teasing you both.” Becky giggled, when she stopped kissing Chrissy. “I was just wondering where you’d both got to.” Becky added.

     “I was just giving Debbie a quick tour of the house.” Chrissy said, as she stood hugging Becky.

     “I thought you would have seen plenty of the house while you were growing up.” Becky asked with a puzzled look.

     “Chrissy never invited anyone round to her house, or his house.” Debbie said looking confused. “You know what I mean.” Debbie added sounding flustered.

     “So you really had no friends growing up then baby?” Becky asked with a sad look, as she hugged Chrissy a little tighter.

     “No, I just kept to my self most the time.” Chrissy said looking sad herself now she thought about it. “People tried to be my friends, but I was so confused about how I felt, that I just pushed them all away.” Chrissy added with a tear running down her cheek.

     “Hey! Don’t let it worry you anymore; you’ve got lots of friends now. Even some that you never realised you had back then.” Becky pulled Chrissy even tighter into a hug with her as she said it.

     “I wish I’d tried harder back then now Chrissy. I’d have been proud to call you one of my best friends.” Debbie said, as she stood rubbing Chrissy’s back while she cried on Becky’s shoulder.

     “I’m sure you would have reacted very differently back then if you’d found out about me feeling like this Debbie.” Chrissy said when she finally stopped crying, and lifted her head off Becky’s shoulder.

     “I’d like to think I wouldn’t have Chrissy. Me and the other girls in our little group always felt sorry for you, and thought you were a nice kid.” Debbie said looking a little hurt at the comment Chrissy had just made.

     “I’m sorry Debbie; I didn’t mean to make it sound like you would have made fun of me.” Chrissy said, as she reached out to hold Debbie’s hands. “I was just trying to say that we all think very differently when we’re younger, and we don’t know how the news of me wanting to be a girl would have gone down, even in your little group.” Chrissy added with a sigh.

     “I still think we would have made you one of the gang.” Debbie smiled. “I wonder how different your life would have turned out if we had.” Debbie asked with a thoughtful look.

     “I think my life turned out just fine the way it did.” Chrissy said with a grin, as she looked deep into Becky’s eyes.

     “So do I baby, so do I.” Becky smiled back, just before kissing Chrissy again.

     “Well I hope you know that I’m a friend now Chrissy? and I hope you’ll keep in touch with me, even after you’ve sold the house.” Debbie looked sad that she couldn’t afford to make an offer on the house herself.

     “You can count on it Debbie. I’ll even make time to come up and visit still.” Chrissy said, as she pulled Debbie into a form of hug. It wasn’t easy hugging a heavily pregnant woman. “What’s the point of having a big brother with a private jet, if you don’t get to use it every now and then?” Chrissy added with a grin when they broke the hug.

     “You do have a good point there Chrissy, but do you think Carl will just let you use the jet to come up and see me?” Debbie asked looking worried.

     Becky beat Chrissy to answer that one. “Chrissy has Carl wrapped around her little finger. He’d do anything to keep her happy.” Becky said with a grin, as she stole another hug from her and a quick peck on the cheek.

     “I guess you really did do okay for yourself then in the end.” Debbie smiled. “I better see about getting off, or Tiffany will start getting grumpy if I don’t give her, her dinner soon.” Debbie added, as she looked at her watch.

     “Thanks for calling round to see us all, and I hope you’ll have some dinner with us tomorrow evening before we head back down to London?” Chrissy asked, as they walked back into the house.

     “I’d like that a lot Chrissy, just give me a call tomorrow when you know what time, and where to meet you all.” Debbie said sounding happy that she’ll get to see a little more of her and the others before they head back. “I trust we’ll be okay bringing Tiffany with us?” Debbie asked with a grin, already knowing the answer.

     “Yes we want you to bring Tiffany.” Chrissy said, as she stopped walking, and stood with her hands on her hips. “You’ll have more than enough of us to help keep her happy while you enjoy your meal.” Chrissy added, as she started walking again.

     Debbie had no doubt of that when she got to the living room and saw Mandy, Ann, Amy and Amber all fussing over Tiffany. Vin was having a good chat with Carl, Vic and Brad about some sports car being quicker than the other.

     “I’m sorry to pull you away from what ever you’re talking about Vin dear, but I think we better see about getting Tiffany home. It will be her feeding time again soon.” Debbie said, as she tapped her watch.

     Vin looked at his watch, and then looked a little shocked when he realised what the time was. “I’m sorry sweetie, I’d lost all track of time.” Vin said, as he grabbed the changing bag and made sure that nothing had been left behind.

     “I hope you don’t mind Debbie, but Vin let me change her just now?” Amy asked, as she handed Tiffany over to Chrissy, so she could stand up herself.

     “Not at all Amy. I’m sure Vin was happy to let you change her as well.” Debbie said with a grin. “He’s not big on the whole nappy changing thing.” Debbie added with a giggle. “We better see about getting you home, and stop bothering these lovely people hadn’t we?” Debbie asked Tiffany. As she poked the little girls nose. Tiffany just started giggling, and trying to grab her mum’s finger.

     “She’s not been a bother at all Debbie.” Amy said, as she stood up and helped Amber to her feet as well.

     Everyone walked out to Vin and Debbie’s car with them. Vin had a much easier trip out to the car, as he only had the changing bag to carry. Chrissy was carrying Tiffany with Amy, Amber and Becky walking close by, just in case she needed any help.

     Chrissy handed Tiffany over to Vin when they got to the car, so he could get her strapped into her seat in the back of the car next to Debbie. Then all the girls gave her a kiss on the cheek before closing the door. Chrissy walked around to the other side of the car and waited for Debbie to wind the window down before speaking to her.

     “I’ll give you a call tomorrow when I know what time we’ll be done here.” Chrissy said, as she leaned in through the window and gave Debbie a hug.

     “What was that for Chrissy?” Debbie asked, when Chrissy stopped hugging her, and leant back out the car.

     “A thank you for being my friend.” Chrissy said with a tear in her eyes. “I do wonder what life would have been like if I had told someone back then how I felt.” Chrissy added, as she wiped the tears away.

     “I think your life turned out just right Chrissy, so don’t worry about what might have been.” Debbie said, as she looked at Becky, whom was now stood to Chrissy’s side with her hand wrapped around her waist.

     “I think so too Debbie.” Chrissy smiled, as she looked at Becky. “I better let you get Tiffany home and fed before she starts getting grumpy on you.” Chrissy added, as she looked at Tiffany, and gave her a little wave. Tiffany giggled, and looked like she gave Chrissy a little wave back.

     Everyone stood waving as they watched Vin drive away, then they all returned to the house to carry on sorting out boxes for packing stuff away in.

     Holly was just packing away her and Greg’s clothes when she heard a knock on the door a little later. “Come in!” Holly shouted, as she looked to see whom it was knocking. She looked a little puzzled when she saw it was Chrissy. “You don’t need to knock dear.” Holly added, as she looked at the worried look on her daughter’s face.

     “I didn’t want to just burst into the room mum; I wasn’t sure what you might be doing.” Chrissy said, as she stood just inside the doorway.

     “What’s wrong Chrissy? Come and sit down next to me, and tell me all about it.” Holly said, as she sat on the edge of the bed, and pattered the bed next to her for Chrissy to come and sit down.

     “I was just wondering if you’d let me stop here tonight, and sleep in my old bed just one last time before you sell the place?” Chrissy asked, as she let her mum wrap an arm around her. Chrissy rested her head on her mum’s shoulder and let out a long sigh. It had been a long time since Chrissy had been in this room doing this with her mum.

     “I was thinking of stopping here tonight myself, so I can carry on sorting stuff out anyway.” Holly said, as she sat hugging her daughter. “Will Becky be okay sharing your bed with you though? It’s not as big as your bed back home.” Holly added, as she sat Chrissy up again, and then brushed away a couple of stray hairs from her eye.

     “I was going to tell Becky to spend the night at the hotel with the others.” Chrissy said.

     “You can try, but I have a feeling she will be stopping where ever you are dear.” Holly giggled, as she thought about Chrissy trying to get Becky to spend a night away from her. Holly had spent hours talking to Becky while Chrissy was missing, and she knew that Becky wasn’t going to let Chrissy spend one more night away from her, if she could help it.

     “I guess you do have a good point there mum.” Chrissy giggled when she thought about it.

     “I don’t guess anything young lady! I’m your mother. I know everything.” Holly said, as she stuck her nose up in the air trying to look very posh.

     “I hope I can be as wise as you are when I’m a parent.” Chrissy giggled.

     “You’ll know what to do when the time is right Chrissy.” Holly said, as she pulled Chrissy back into a hug. “You learn as you go dear. I’m sure you’re up to the challenge of being a parent.” Holly added.

     Chrissy broke the hug when she heard her mobile start ringing in her pocket. Chrissy flipped it open and saw it was Callum calling her, so she hit the answer button. “Hi Callum. How did the meeting with the parents go?”

     “Hi Chrissy. I’ll tell you about it later.” Chrissy heard Callum’s voice say, but not sounding to happy about something. “Are you all still at the house?” Callum asked.

     “Yes, we’re still knee deep in boxes.” Chrissy giggled.

     “Okay then. Jayden and I will make our way back to your house then. See you soon, bye!” Callum said, sounding a little happier.

     “See you soon. Bye!” Chrissy said just before ending the call.

     “Is everything alright dear?” Holly asked when she saw the worried look on Chrissy’s face.

     “I’m not sure, but Callum didn’t sound very happy. I wonder if the meeting with his parent’s didn’t go so well.” Chrissy said, as she looked to be worried for her friend.

     “I’m sure he’ll be okay dear. He has Jayden to help him get over any trouble that might have happened while he was there.” Holly said, as she got up off the bed, and then helped Chrissy to her feet.

     Chrissy knew her mum was right. Jayden was more than capable of helping Callum sort out any trouble, but she still worried about her friends, proof of this was the fact that Chrissy was trying to think of some way to let Debbie have the house. The other reason for Chrissy wanting Debbie to have the house, was the fact she wasn’t ready to just let her mum sell it to just anyone. Not having an answer to any of it at the minute, Chrissy just wandered off back to her old room to carry on helping the others get everything packed away into boxes ready for taking home with them, or to a charity shop.

     Becky could see that something was bothering Chrissy when she walked back into the bedroom. “What’s wrong baby?” Becky asked, as she walked over and wrapped her arms around Chrissy’s waist.

     “Callum just called, and he didn’t sound very happy about something.” Chrissy said, not wanting to let Becky know about her trouble with the house being sold to just anyone.

     “Did he not tell you how the meeting with his parents went then baby?” Becky asked.

     “No, he didn’t want to talk about it on the phone, but he’s on his way back now, so I’ll ask him when he gets here.”

     “I’m sure everything is okay. You know he doesn’t get on with his step dad very well.” Becky reassured Chrissy.

     “Very true.” Chrissy said, as she remembered Callum saying more than once, what an ass his step dad could be.

     “I have a feeling that something else is bothering you as well.” Becky said when she saw the way Chrissy still looked worried about something.

     “I want to spend the night sleeping in here.” Chrissy said, as she looked around her old bedroom. “Will you be okay at the hotel tonight without me?” Chrissy asked.

     “No, because I’ll be sleeping right next to you in that bed there.” Becky said with a grin, as she pointed over to Chrissy’s old bed. “At least I’ll have a good excuse to be cuddled up to you for the night.” Becky added with an even bigger grin.

     “I wasn’t aware you needed a reason to cuddle up to me?” Chrissy asked with a pout, just before leaning in to give Becky a kiss on the lips.

     “I don’t, but it’s nice when I do.” Becky giggled, just before kissing Chrissy again.

     “Does this mean we’ll have to leave you here later, when we leave?” Amy asked with a pout.

     “Yes, but only for one night baby sister.” Chrissy said, as she walked over to where Amy was stood boxing up some old clothes in the small closet with Amber. “I just feel the need to spend one last night in my old bed, now I feel like I have the right body.” Chrissy was hoping that Amy would understand what she was trying to say.

     Amy did understand, and wished that she could have spent some time at her old house looking the way she did now. Amy knew that it would make it feel more like she’d been a girl all her life, and not had the nightmare of being trapped in the body of a boy when your mind was screaming girl.

     “I understand big sister Chrissy, but I don’t have to like it.” Amy added with another pout. “Amber and I could camp out on the floor. We could have a slumber party.” Amy said with some excitement in her voice, thinking it was a great idea.

     “Amy no.” Chrissy said in a bossy big sister tone. “I wouldn’t be letting Becky stop with me, if I thought I stood a chance of getting her to go to the hotel tonight. I’m sure that Amber can find some way to keep you entertained tonight, so you won’t even notice Becky and I aren’t there.” Chrissy added with a smile, as she pulled Amy into a hug with her.

     Becky and Amber stood smiling at the pair as they hugged each other. They were both amazed at just how close the pair had become. Amy had been just as worried as Becky had while Chrissy was missing, and even wanted to go out looking for her. Amy had even tried to talk Becky into going with her on a trip around the country, in some vain attempt to track Chrissy down. Luckily Becky was thinking a little more clearly than Amy, so it never happened.

     Chrissy and Amy broke the hug, and then Amy and Amber got back to boxing up everything in the closet, while Chrissy and Becky went to let the others know that they would be stopping the night with Holly in the house. Mandy wasn’t very happy about Chrissy’s idea, but she understood Chrissy’s need to spend one last night in her old room, so she caved in the end.

     “Just call me if you have any problems.” Mandy said, as she hugged her little sister. “We’ll come straight back over here.” Mandy added in her best big sister voice, just like Chrissy had used on Amy a little earlier.

     “I know you will sis, but I’ll be fine. Becky and mum will be here with me, and it’s only for the one night.” Chrissy smiled, as she hugged her big sister back.

     “If we had more room, I think we’d all be stopping here with you baby sister.” Mandy said, as she looked around at the small house.

     “I know you would sis, but I just want to spend some time with my mum, like I use to before I left home and found all you.” Chrissy smiled, as she looked at Mandy, and then the others.

     “I hope you’re not getting bored with me?” Mandy asked with a pout.

     “Never!” Chrissy shouted, as she pulled Mandy into an even tighter hug. “How could you even think such a thing sis?” Chrissy asked with worry in her voice.

     “I was only teasing you baby sister.” Mandy giggled, as she got the stuffing squeezed out of her by Chrissy. “I understand that you and Holly have a lot of memories tied up in this house.” Mandy added, as she hugged Chrissy back.

     “I do, but most of them bad ones. That’s why I want to have one last night here, as her daughter.” Chrissy said, as she broke the hug and looked Mandy in the eyes.

     Mandy looked deep into Chrissy’s eyes and could see the want in them. Mandy found it hard to remember Chrissy as the young man that walked into her shop all them years ago, so it wasn’t surprising that she could forget that she never had a normal childhood either. Mandy found it even harder to remember the times before she had Chrissy as a sister.

     “You really were robbed baby sister. I wish I could give you the childhood you deserved.” Mandy hugged Chrissy a little tighter as she said it.

     “I don’t care any more sis. I’m more than making up for it now.” Chrissy said with a grin, as she hugged her big sister. “I’ll be happy with one last memory of being cuddled up next to my mum on the sofa, while we watch a little TV later in the evening.” Chrissy added, as she broke the hug.

     “We better get back to packing all this stuff away, or you’ll be able to have a lot more than one night to do that baby sister.” Mandy giggled, as she turned Chrissy around, and sent her back out the room with a light tap on the backside.

     Chrissy ran out the room giggling, and dragging Becky along behind her. Mandy stood and watched with a smile on her face. She was happy to have Chrissy in her life, and wouldn’t want to change a single thing about it.

 

Chapter 41: What’s wrong Callum?

     Jayden was worried about Callum. He’d been very quiet on the walk back to Chrissy’s old house, but she’d got no idea what to say to him, so they just walked along in silence. Jayden was happy to see the minibus parked outside a house that looked like Chrissy’s.

     “What’s wrong Callum?” Jayden asked, as they walked up the road towards the house. “I’m getting worried about you know.” Jayden added.

     “I’m sorry Jayden. I guess I’m just angry with Fraser, and shocked that my mum already knew about Kara, or my crossdressing.” Callum said, as he stopped walking and turned to face Jayden.

     “I thought you’d be happy to find out that your mum was okay with your dressing up, and I wouldn’t worry about Fraser to much. I’d say your mum’s got him under control.” Jayden smiled, as she ran her hand down Callum’s cheek just before leaning over to kiss him. “And don’t forget how much I love you as well.” Jayden added with a grin when she stopped kissing him.

     “I could never forget anything like that Jayden.” Callum finally smiled.

     “That’s more like the Callum I love.” Jayden smiled in return. “Now let’s go and see what we can do to help the others get everything sorted out.” Jayden added in a bossy sounding voice, as she pulled Callum along the road towards the house.

     Callum was more than happy to let Jayden boss him around, so he just let her pull him along. The front door was open, so they knocked and walked in. Holly poked her head out the living room to see whom it was, and smiled when she saw it was just them.

     “Hi Jayden, Callum. Did everything go okay at your mum’s?” Holly asked.

     “Hi Mrs Clarke. Everything went really well.” Callum said, as he led Jayden into the living room where Holly had gone again.

     “Callum! I’ve told you before, please call me Holly.” Holly said in a stern voice.

     “Sorry Holly, force of habit.” Callum said with a nervous chuckle.

     “I’ll let you off this time then Callum.” Holly smiled. “Are you sure everything is alright? Chrissy said you sounded a little odd on the phone when she spoke to you earlier.” Holly added, as she looked Callum in the eyes.

     “Just a little trouble with my stepfather, but that’s nothing new.” Callum said with a roll of the eyes. Callum wasn’t going to tell Holly that he’d called Chrissy a freak. No one needed to know that.

     “But his mum was really nice.” Jayden added, as she wrapped an arm around one of Callum’s.

     “I’m glad you like Diana, Jayden. She’s always been really nice when I’ve spoke to her in the past.” Holly smiled. “I bumped into her just after the reunion, and we had a nice long chat about what Chrissy was doing now.” Holly added. “She seemed very understanding about what Chrissy had gone through. We spoke for well over an hour.” Holly giggled, as she thought about the meeting she’d had with Callum’s mum.

     Callum now knew where his mum had got all the information about where Chrissy lived now, and the club that Becky ran for Carl. Callum had also forget that Chrissy’s mum and his mum had become closer due to all the times they got called to the school over his bullying of Chrissy when they were growing up.

     “Mum never said she’d bumped in to you Holly. I wonder why?” Callum asked himself, more than anyone else.

     “I’m sure your mum must meet a lot of people while she’s out and about. She must have had more important things to talk to you about than meeting me and having a coffee while we had a chat.” Holly said, as she carried on wrapping some ornaments in bubble wrap.

     Callum and Jayden knew the real reason, but decided to leave telling everyone until they were on the plane heading back to London. The last thing they wanted to do was slow them down any more, or they would never get done.

     “We better go and find Chrissy, and put her mind at ease, or she’ll be getting worry lines.” Jayden giggled, as she pulled Callum back out the living room.

     Holly had to giggle, as she watched Jayden pulling Callum along. She was also giggling at just how well Jayden knew Chrissy. Holly knew that Chrissy was worried about Callum, and how the meeting had gone for Jayden.

     Jayden could hear Chrissy giggling, and shouting at Amy to stop playing around with something, so they followed the sound of the voice up the stairs, and into one of the bedrooms. Jayden and Callum stopped in the doorway and started giggling when they saw Amy dancing around the room pretending to play an inflatable guitar.

     “Amy! Will you stop playing around and give us a hand to pack all this stuff away!” Chrissy shouted between giggles.

     Jayden went to speak, but Callum stopped her, and then got his mobile out and pointed it at Amy. Jayden realised that Callum was using the video feature on his phone to record Amy’s little rock session. She knew that Amy would be embarrassed when she saw herself on film playing around. Callum finished filming Amy, and then put his phone away again before letting the others know they were both stood there.

     “Hi everyone. Nice guitar moves Amy.” Callum said with a grin, as he entered the room with Jayden following just behind.

     “Yes, I never realised you were so talented Amy.” Jayden was grinning.

     “No! You both saw me playing around?” Amy asked with a very red face, as she fell on the bed next to Amber and buried her head in Amber’s shoulder.

     “I did warn you to stop playing around Amy.” Chrissy giggled, when she saw how embarrassed Amy looked.

     “Don’t worry Amy. I think you looked cute, as you danced around.” Jayden said, as she picked up the inflatable guitar and started doing what Amy had just been doing.

     Amy was soon looking around to see what everyone was laughing at, and even she had to join in when she saw how silly Jayden looked with the guitar. Amy was soon jumping up and joining in with Jayden and they both danced around passing the guitar between them.

     “Great! All we need, someone as mad as Amy.” Amber said between giggles.

     “Hey! I know for a fact that I am perfectly sane.” Jayden said with pride.

     “And how do you know that, may I ask?” Amber said.

     “Simple. The voices in my head tell me I am, all the time.” Jayden giggled, as she gave Amber a crazy eyed stare. This had them all rolling around on the bed in a fit of giggles again.

     “I hope you’re not having second thoughts about having her as your girlfriend Callum?” Chrissy asked, as she pattered the bed next to her, for Callum to come and take a seat.

     “Nope. I already knew she was mad for going out with me in the first place.” Callum chuckled, as he took the seat on the bed.

     “Is everything okay Callum? You sounded a little unhappy on the phone.” Chrissy asked looking worried for her friend.

     “Yes, I just had a little run in with my stepdad, but there’s nothing new there.” Callum said with a frown. “Mum was glad to see me though, and she fell in love with Jayden right away.” Callum added with a smile.

     “I knew she would. What is there not to like about her?” Chrissy asked, as she looked at Jayden still playing around with the inflatable guitar with Amy.

     Chrissy and Callum both started giggling as they watched them dancing around. “Her air guitar could use a little work, but apart from that, nothing.” Callum giggled some more.

     “Are you sure there’s nothing else bothering you Callum? You still look distracted.” Chrissy asked, when she saw the way Callum was looking off in to space.

     “It’s nothing really Chrissy. I’ll talk to you later about it, we better see about getting all this stuff put in boxes.” Callum said, as he looked around the room at all the stuff still waiting to be packed away ready for going to a charity shop.

     Chrissy could tell that Callum really wanted to tell her something, but she was happy to wait until he was ready, and he did have a point, they really did need to get a move on, or they would never have everything packed away.

     Amy and Jayden finally stopped playing around with the guitar, and let the air out if it, but Amy put it to one side, as she wanted to take it home with her. She’d been having so much fun with it that she thought it could come in handy back at home.

     They all worked for a couple more hours, then Carl said they needed to see about calling it a day, so they could head over to the hotel he’d got them all booked into. Carl knew that Chrissy and Becky were going to be spending the night with Holly at the house, so he hadn’t booked any of them a room at the hotel.

     They all gave each other a hug at the front door, and then Chrissy, Becky and Holly all stood and waved, as they watched the others drive away in the minibus. Chrissy could see that Amy still wasn’t very happy about letting her and Becky spend the night at her old house with out her, but she could also understand why Chrissy wanted to do it.

     “I’m amazed you managed to get Amy on the minibus just now.” Holly said to Chrissy and Becky, as she waved to the others.

     “I must admit mum, that I was expecting a bigger fight over it all, than I actually got.” Chrissy smiled, as she stood cuddling with Becky.

     “I think Amy understands the reason for you wanting to spend one last night here, better than you think.” Holly wrapped an arm around Chrissy as she said it, and then led the two of them back into the house with her.

     There wasn’t much in the house in way of food, but they all looked in the freezer and soon had an idea of what to cook, and it would use up most of what was left in there as well. So they all set to work sorting out some dinner for them selves.

     Once dinner was out the way, and they had washed and dried the dishes, all three of them went to the living room and settled down on one of the sofas together. Holly was sat in the middle with Chrissy one side, and Becky the other.

     Becky was enjoying the cuddle with Holly. Growing up in foster care meant she never got to do this growing up, so she was going to make the most of having Holly as a mum now. Holly was happy to have her two daughters cuddled up to her while they sat watching telly.

     “I’m glad that we got to see Debbie while we were here.” Chrissy said, as she looked up at her mum from where she was resting her head.

     “So am I dear.” Holly smiled, as she stroked Chrissy’s hair. “She’s got quite big since I last saw her. I just hope she has the baby soon.” Holly added with a smile.

     “She’s due any day now, so I don’t think it will be much longer before she’s holding another baby in her arms.” Chrissy said with a sigh, as she thought about Becky being with child, or children, as she was having twins.

     “I noticed you giving Debbie a tour of the house while she was here. Is she thinking of buying the place?” Holly asked with a giggle, as she thought about Chrissy earlier in the day, as she showed Debbie around the house, just like she was trying to sell it to her.

     “She did fall in love with the place, but she can’t afford it at the minute.” Chrissy said with a sigh, as she thought about what Debbie had said out in the garden. “She was telling me that she doesn’t have a garden at the place she has now. I don’t think they had kids on their minds when they brought the place.” Chrissy added with a little chuckle.

     “Would you like Debbie to live here then Chrissy?” Holly asked.

     “I’d like to know the house was going to a nice couple, that would really call it a home, but I know that you and dad will need the money from the sale. And like I said, Debbie can’t afford to buy this place, and keep paying the mortgage on the other place until they sell it.” Chrissy said with an even bigger sigh.

     “Your father and I were going to save this little surprise until we sold the house, but I think it might be better to let you know now, so you can decide what you really want to do.” Holly said, as she helped Chrissy and Becky to sit up, so she could talk to them both.

     “Surprise us with what mum?” Chrissy asked with a puzzled look.

     “Your father and I are going to be giving you the house.” Holly said with a smile. “We have more than enough in savings, and your father had a very good health cover plan in place when he got sick, so we don’t need the money from the sale of the house. We paid the mortgage up when he got laid off, so we own the house out right.” Holly added.

     “So I can do what I want with the house then?” Chrissy asked looking shocked at what her mum had just told her.

     “Yes, you can rent it to Debbie, or sell it on if you want to dear.” Holly said, as she took hold of Chrissy’s hand. “I know you wasn’t looking forward to just letting the house go to just anyone, and it would be nice to know that Debbie’s young ones will have a nice big garden to run around in.” Holly added with a smile.

     “I don’t know what to say mum.” Chrissy said, as she looked around the room that she now owned.

     “You’ll need to have a word with Carl, so you can sort out all the paperwork. You will also need to have a word with Debbie to make sure she’s interested in having the house.” Holly said, as she tried to point out things that Chrissy might not have thought of yet.

     “I’m sure she will be mum, and she can leave sorting out any payments until she sells her old place, and the baby is born.” Chrissy smiled, as she seemed happy that she knew the house would be going to a nice family that would make the most of all the garden space.

     “That’s up to you dear, but just remember to get it all put in a contract.” Holly said in a bossy voice. “I know you and Debbie are friends, but it’s always best to get everything in writing. I’m sure Carl has someone that can sort it all out for you.” Holly added with a smile, as she pulled Chrissy into a hug.

     “Thanks for giving me the house.” Chrissy said with tears in her eyes, as she hugged her mum back.

     “You’re welcome dear. We were going to give you the money when we sold the house, but after hearing how you felt about the place, I thought just giving you the house would be a better thing to do. Just remember to give your father a hug when we get back.” Holly giggled. “You know how he gets when he thinks he’s missed out on one.” Holly added.

     Becky was happy that Chrissy would know the house was going to be used by Debbie and her family. She knew that Chrissy still had feelings for the old house she grew up in, and didn't want to see it just become a way for someone to make a quick profit. Becky knew that Chrissy didn’t need the money she’d be getting from the house, but she needed the peace of mind that knowing Debbie would be looking after the place would give her.

     They all called it a night and went up to bed early. Tomorrow was going to be another busy day, and Chrissy would need to sit and have a word with Carl about sorting out a contract for Debbie and Vin to sign, if they wanted the house, which Chrissy knew they would.

     Chrissy and Becky both used the bathroom and then ran back to Chrissy’s old room to cuddle up in bed together. It was only a single bed, so they were cuddled very close indeed.

     Holly had stood and giggled as she watched the two of them run across the landing from the bathroom to Chrissy’s bedroom. They only had the one bathroom, so Holly had let the two of them use it first before she herself went in to get ready for bed. Holly was looking forward to spending more time with Chrissy and the others. She thought that Chrissy was the person she should have always been from the day she was old enough to help her in the kitchen. Holly just wished that Greg had been more understanding about Chrissy’s needs from the start, but the more Holly thought about it, the more she realised that Chrissy never would have met Becky and the others if he had.

     ‘I wonder if things do happen for a reason.’ Holly thought to herself as she brushed her teeth and got ready for bed.

     Holly was soon in her own bed feeling a little lost, with not having Greg lying down next to her, but she knew that she’d be back with him again once they got everything sorted out. If Debbie was having the house, she was hoping that they wouldn’t have to sort very much more out either. Holly did feel a pang of pain when she thought about how she would soon be sleeping alone, and there wouldn’t be a chance of her cuddling up to he husband ever again. Holly cried softly as she tried to get to sleep.

     Chrissy was just starting to drift off when she heard what sounded like crying, so she slipped out of bed, trying not to wake Becky, but she was soon asking Chrissy where she was going.

     “Chrissy, is everything okay?” Becky asked in a whisper.

     “I’m not sure. I think I can hear mum crying. I’m going to see if she’s okay.” Chrissy whispered back, as she tried to put the covers back over Becky.

     “I’m coming with you then.” Becky said, as she threw the covers back out the way again and sat up.

     Chrissy was soon making her way across the landing with Becky holding her hand. Chrissy knocked on her mum’s bedroom door and entered when she heard her mum say “Come in.”

     “Is everything okay Chrissy?” Holly asked with a snuffle.

     “I’m not sure mum. Are you all right? I thought I heard you crying just now.” Chrissy asked with worry in her voice, as she entered the room, pulling Becky along behind her.

     “I’m fine dear, I was just being silly.” Holly said, as she sat up and put the bedside lamp on.

     “Why are you just being silly mum?” Chrissy asked, as she walked over and sat on the side of the bed. Becky followed Chrissy and sat down beside her.

     Holly looked at Chrissy and Becky, and then let out a big sigh before she spoke again. “I was just laying here thinking about how I’ll have to get used to sleeping alone soon, and I just couldn’t stop the tears coming.” Holly started to cry again as she spoke.

     Chrissy just pulled her mum into a hug and Becky joined in as well, and they just all sat on the bed hugging each other for a couple of minutes, as they all had a good cry about what was to come for all of them. Chrissy and Becky could only guess at how upsetting it must all feel to Holly.

     “You won’t be alone mum, and I know that all the others will do everything they can to help you deal with it all.” Chrissy finally said as she stroked her mum’s hair.

     Holly was happy to get the hug of Chrissy and Becky, but she was a little shocked when they both helped her to lie back down, and then each one of them got in bed either side of her, and cuddle up to her.

     “You don’t need to do this. I would have been okay again.” Holly said, as she found herself sandwiched between the two of them.

     “Better safe than sorry.” Was all Chrissy said as she cuddled back into her mum a little tighter. “And it’s been some time since I last got to spend the night in bed with my mum.” Chrissy added with a little giggle.

     Holly just let out a little giggle, and then wrapped an arm around Chrissy and pulled her in even tighter to her, as they all drifted off to sleep.

 

Chapter 42: Out with the old, in with the new.

     Chrissy, Becky and Holly were all sat at the kitchen table having a cup of tea and a slice of toast the next morning when they heard the doorbell. “I’ll get it!” Chrissy shouted as she jumped up and ran off.

     Holly and Becky giggled as they both watched her run off out the kitchen. “She seems so full of live these days Becky, I’m glad you found each other.” Holly smiled, as she looked at Becky on the other side of the table.

     “I’m glad I found her too mum.” Becky smiled back. “She’s my soul mate.” Becky added with a sigh.

     “I never would have guessed.” Holly giggled, which soon set Becky off.

     Holly and Becky turned to look at the kitchen door when they heard Chrissy talking to someone as they walked back into the room. They saw Chrissy enter the room with her arm wrapped around Amy’s waist, and they were both giggling.

     “Morning Amy.” Holly said, as she got up from the table to make a fresh pot of tea for everyone.

     “Morning mum.” Amy said in return, as she walked over to where Holly was stood, and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

     Amber and the others were soon walking into the kitchen, and Holly found herself being led back to the kitchen table so Amy could finish making the tea for her. Holly thought about arguing, but knew she’d be fighting a losing battle, so she just took the seat and smiled at everyone as they entered the kitchen.

     “Morning everybody.” Holly said with a smile. “How was the hotel?” Holly asked.

     “It was nice, but not a patch on the one in London.” Mandy said, as she sat on Carl’s knee, due to a lack of seats for them all to sit on.

     “I’m sorry you feel that way princess.” Carl said. “I’ll get my second in command on the case, and fix it right away for you.” Carl added with a smile, as he looked over to where Jayden was sat on Callum’s knee.

     Jayden and Callum both thought the hotel was quite nice, and couldn’t understand what Mandy didn’t like about it. Jayden was so lost in thought about the things Mandy may not have liked about it that she didn’t realise that Carl was looking at her to start with. “You mean you want me to sort it out?” Jayden asked looking worried.

     “Relax Jayden; I was just kidding with you.” Carl chuckled. “But it will be one of your jobs at some point.” Carl added looking a little more serious now.

     “I know that Carl, but I thought the hotel was well run, and everything seemed okay to me.” Jayden looked worried that she might have failed some important test. “What didn’t you like about the hotel Mandy?” Jayden asked.

     “There was nothing wrong with the hotel Jayden. I just think the one in London is nicer.” Mandy said with a smile.

     “Well the one in London is much bigger than the one we stopped in last night, but I’ll give some thought to what I could do to make peoples stay a little better.” Jayden said, more to herself than anyone else in the room.

     “The hotel is fine Jayden, so don’t worry about trying to change anything.” Carl smiled. “I wasn’t testing you, but you need to remember that each hotel will cater to a different type of customer. Now just relax and enjoy the rest of your time off.” Carl added.

     “Is that an order boss?” Jayden asked with a grin.

     “Yes it is.” Carl said with a grin back at her. Jayden snapped Carl a quick salute and then cuddled into Callum a little tighter.

     Amy was soon putting a couple of pots of tea on the table with some help from Amber. Chrissy stood up and helped Amy sort out drinks for everyone.

     “Did you manage to get much sorted out after we left you all last night?” Mandy asked, as she sat sipping her tea.

     “Yes we did, but Chrissy wants to have a word with Carl about some thing.” Holly said, as she looked at Chrissy, and then Carl.

     “Fire away Chrissy. If I can help you, you know I will.” Carl said, as he looked at Chrissy.

     “Do you mind if we go into the living room to talk about it Carl?” Chrissy asked looking a little worried.

     “Sure, is everything alright though?” Carl asked looking worried now.

     “Yes, everything is fine. I just want to ask for your help with something before I explain it to everyone.” Chrissy smiled, as she looked around the kitchen at everyone else.

     Carl let Chrissy lead him into the living room and then he helped her to take a seat on the sofa, and he took the empty seat next to her.

     “So what do you need my help with then Chrissy?” Carl asked, still looking worried.

     “I was talking to my mum last night about the house, and how Debbie would like to buy the place, but she can’t do it while she’s paying off the mortgage on their other place.” Chrissy said.

     “So do you want me to buy this place off your mum and dad then?” Carl asked in a matter of fact way.

     “No, no. Nothing like that. I just need your help to sort out a contract for me.” Chrissy said, as she waved her hands to stop Carl getting the wrong idea about what she was asking for. “Mum’s giving me the house, and I’m going to let Debbie and Vin move in and then start paying me for the place once they sell their old place.” Chrissy added with a nervous smile.

     “Oh, I see.” Carl said with understanding. “Are you sure this is what you want to do with the place Chrissy?” Carl asked to make sure she’d thought it all through.

     “Yes I’m sure Carl. I don’t want to just let anyone get the place, and Debbie was telling me yesterday how much she would love to see the children running around in the garden when they get older.” Chrissy said with some pleading in her voice, as she looked at Carl waiting to see if he’d help her sort it all out.

     “Okay then Chrissy, I’ll make some calls and get a standard contract sorted out to cover you and Debbie. Does Debbie know about any of this?” Carl asked, as he got his phone out his pocked and scrolled down the list until he found the number he needed.

     “No, not yet. I wanted to have a word with you first, and make sure I wasn’t going to be doing anything wrong.” Chrissy said as she bit her bottom lip looking worried still.

     “There is nothing for you to do wrong really Chrissy. Your mum and dad have given you the house, to do with, as you want. I think it’s really nice that you want to help Debbie out.” Carl smiled.

     “I’ll leave you to make your calls, and go and fill the others in on what I’m doing.” Chrissy said, as she stood up.

     “You better give Debbie a call and get her to come over as well, so you can fill her in on what you want to do.” Carl said with a chuckle. “I’d hate to go to all this trouble, and have her turn you down.” Carl added.

     “Good point Carl.” Chrissy giggled. “I’ll tell the others, and then give her a call.” Chrissy added, as she walked out the room to return to the kitchen.

     Chrissy filled everyone in on what she was planing to do with the house, and then she went to find her purse, which was in her old bedroom. Sat on the edge of the bed, she scrolled down her list of numbers and stopped when she got to Debbie’s mobile number and hit the call button. She didn’t have to wait long before she heard Debbie’s voice on the other end of the phone.

     “Hi Chrissy. How’s the packing going?” Debbie asked with a giggle.

     “Hi Debbie. It’s going fine, but I was wondering if you had some time free this morning to come to the house and give us a hand?” Chrissy didn’t want to tell Debbie about the house over the phone, and she knew that Amy and the others would help look after Tiffany while they spoke.

     “Sure I can come over, but I’m not sure what help I’ll be.” Debbie giggled. “I can be there in an hour. I’ll get Vin to drop me off on his way to the restaurant.” Debbie added.

     Chrissy remembered where Vin worked, that was the place Debbie had first spoke to her since she’d left home. Chrissy remembered how Debbie had followed her to the restroom and then said she knew who she use to be. Chrissy had run away before Debbie could explain to her, that she didn’t care, and she thought she looked really good now.

     “Okay then Debbie, I’ll see you later.” Chrissy said, sounding much happier knowing that she’d get to spend some more time with Tiffany.

     Chrissy put her phone back in her purse then went back down stairs to let the others know that Debbie and Tiffany would be coming over in an hour. Once she’d told them all, they all got stuck in with boxing up all of Holly’s and Greg’s personal stuff, but left all the other stuff until they found out what Debbie and Vin’s answer was going to be.

     Amy and Chrissy ran out the house when they heard Vin pull up in his car. Vin just chuckled as he got Tiffany out her special seat and then helped Debbie get out after he handed Tiffany over to Amy. Chrissy took the changing bag, and then helped Debbie walk up to the house. Amy had already vanished inside with Tiffany.

     “Do you have time for a drink before you head into work Vin?” Chrissy asked, as she walked up to the house with him and Debbie.

     “I can make the time Chrissy.” Vin smiled. “Joy’s of being your own boss.” Vin added with a chuckle.

     “I remember Debbie telling me you’d brought the business. How’s it going?” Chrissy asked.

     “It’s hard work, but I love it. I just wish the hours were a little better, so I got to spend more time with Debbie and Tiffany.” Vin said with a sigh.

     “It must be hard not getting to spend as much time as you’d like with them.” Chrissy said, as she thought about all the hours he must have to put in at the restaurant.

     “I have a good team working for me, and they do help me out when I really need it. That’s how I know that I can stop for a drink, and not worry about the place being opened.” Vin said, just before they entered the house.

     “Good, because I was hoping to have a chat with the two of you in the living room before you have to head off to work Vin.” Chrissy said, as she led them to the living room.

     Chrissy had already told everyone what she planned to do when Debbie and Vin got there, so they had all gone to the kitchen when Amy entered the house with Tiffany. Chrissy asked them to take a seat on the sofa and she remained standing while she spoke to them both.

     “Is everything okay Chrissy?” Debbie asked looking worried at the way Chrissy was pacing back and forth across the room.

     “Everything is fine, but I want to have a word with the two of you about this house.” Chrissy said as she pointed up at the ceiling.

     “Vin and I both love the house Chrissy, but we just can’t afford to even look at buying it.” Debbie said with sadness in her voice. “Vin and I spoke about it last night, and we just can’t find the money to put a deposit down on it and try to sell the old place at the same time.” Debbie added with a sigh.

     “What if you could move in, and not have to pay a penny until you’ve sold your old place?” Chrissy asked.

     “That would be great, but why would your mum do that for us?” Debbie asked with a puzzled look.

     “It’s not my mum doing it. I am.” Chrissy said with a grin. “I own the house now, and I want you and Vin to move in here and raise Tiffany and the new baby here.” Chrissy added with an even bigger grin.

     “You brought the house off your mum, just so we can have it?” Debbie asked looking shocked.

     “No, my mum and dad have given me the house, and I want you and Vin to have the place.” Chrissy let out a big sigh as she got that out. “I don’t want to see someone that wants to make a quick bit of cash buy the place, and then sell it on after they’ve done some remodelling work on the place.” Chrissy added.

     Debbie and Vin just sat with their mouths open looking at Chrissy like she was speaking in some alien language. Then they both looked at each other without speaking.

     “There is no catch to any of this.” Chrissy said, as she started to worry that they both thought she was trying to scam them both.

     “We know that Chrissy, but it’s just a big shock to have someone do something so amazing for us.” Debbie said.

     “What if it takes us a year to sell the other place Chrissy?” Vin asked, trying to be realistic about everything.

     “Then it will be a year before you start paying me for the house.” Chrissy said with a shrug. “I don’t need the money right away, but I know that you and Debbie love the house, and I really want to see you living here and letting the kids enjoy the large garden out back.” Chrissy added with a smile, as she walked around the coffee table and sat on the sofa next to Debbie.

     Debbie looked at Vin waiting to see what he wanted to do, but she’d already made up her mind about the place. Vin looked at Debbie and then smiled, and gave her a nod to say he was happy to do what Chrissy wanted.

     “Are you really sure this is what you want to do with the place Chrissy?” Debbie asked.

     “Yes I’m very sure this is what I want to do with the place, so do you want it or not?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes we want the place then Chrissy.” Debbie said, as she opened her arms so she could give Chrissy a hug, or as much of a hug as a pregnant woman could give.

     “Carl’s having a contract drawn up for us all to sign, so it will all be legal. Not that I plan to change my mind and kick you out in a couple of months.” Chrissy said as she broke the hug with Debbie.

     Chrissy soon found herself being pulled to her feet so Vin could also give her a hug. “Thanks Chrissy. Debbie and I will never be able to thank you enough for doing this for us.”

     “Just knowing that the house is going to a good family will be thanks enough for me.” Chrissy said, as she broke the hug with Vin, and then helped Debbie to stand up, so they could go and let the others know they were having the place.

     “When will we get the contracts to sign, and the keys?” Debbie asked, as they walked into the kitchen to see how they were doing with Tiffany.

     “The contracts will be here later today, and you can have the keys whenever Chrissy and Holly want to hand them over.” Carl said as they entered the kitchen.

     “You can have the keys today, but it would mean you sorting out the rest of the furniture, and then getting rid of what you didn’t want to keep.” Chrissy said.

     “We were going to call a charity shop and let them come and clear the place out, but this way you can pick through what you want at your own pace, and then get rid of what you don’t want to keep.” Holly said, as she walked around the Kitchen table to stand with Chrissy.

     “You have some really nice furniture in this house Holly, so we’d be happy to hang onto it and then decide what we don’t want to keep later.” Debbie said.

     “Well that makes our job a lot easier now then.” Chrissy smiled, as she looked around the room at everyone else.

     “Yes it does dear.” Holly said, as she wrapped her arms around Chrissy and hugged her. “We’ve about finished packing all the personal stuff now. I’m going to leave you with all the pots and pans Debbie. I’m sure you will make good use of them.” Holly added with a smile.

     “Thank you Holly. I’ll look after the place for you.” Debbie said with a tear in her eyes as she held out her arms to give her a hug.

     “You’re welcome Debbie, but it’s Chrissy you should really be thanking. It’s her house now or soon to be yours.” Holly said with a smile, as she broke the hug.

     “I know that Holly, and we’ve already thanked her for doing this for us. We just wanted to thank you as well for having such a wonderful daughter.” Debbie said just before pulling Chrissy into another hug with her.

     Chrissy took the hug and felt good that she would be helping out Debbie and Vin, and also knowing that the house was going to be used by a family that would make the most of the place.

     The day got a lot easier now that they didn’t have to sort much more out, so they all got to spend a little more time playing with Tiffany while they waited for the contracts to turn up. The delivery truck turned up just before a motorbike courier did with the contracts, so Brad and Vic helped the guys load up the truck while Chrissy and Carl sat and went through the contracts and got them signed with Debbie and Vin. The truck was soon loaded up, and Debbie and Vin had the keys to the house, and the codes to the alarm system.

     “I think that’s it then Debbie. You now own the house.” Chrissy said with a tear in her eye, but she was happy to be letting Debbie have the place.

     “Thank you Chrissy. I won’t ever forget this.” Debbie said, as she hugged Chrissy again. “Don’t be a stranger now you’ve sold the house.” Debbie added as she tried to fight back the tears herself.

     “I said I wouldn’t be. I’ll be back to see the new baby as soon as he’s born.” Chrissy giggled, as she put a hand on Debbie’s belly.

     “I’ll hold you to that Chrissy.” Debbie said, as she pointed a finger at Chrissy as she also giggled.

     Holly did one last walk around the house to make sure she hadn’t forgot anything, and then she left the house with Chrissy at her side, so she could get in the minibus with the others, so they could head home again. Holly found it odd to be leaving the place she’s called home all her life, but she also knew that home is where your family was, and she was joining a very big family.

     They all waved to Debbie, Tiffany and Vin as they drove away. Chrissy wrapped an arm around her mum as they made their way back to the airport and the plane. The truck was going to be in London at some point the next day with all the stuff they had taken out the house.

     “You okay mum?” Chrissy asked looking worried.

     “I’ll be okay dear, just give me a little time.” Holly smiled, as she rested her head on Chrissy’s shoulder.

     “Take all the time you need mum, but know that we’re all here for you when you need us.” Chrissy said as she rested her head on her mums and let out a sigh.

     Becky was sat next to Chrissy, and she took hold of Chrissy’s hand and gave it a little squeeze to let her know that she was there for her whenever she needed her.

     They were soon at the airport, and getting on the plane ready to head home again.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Sara,

ALISON

'it is so lovely to have you and the girls back.This really is a TG story!

ALISON

So glad to see this!

I love this story sooo much! I got some laughs from the "air guitars" and some tears when I read about Holly's pain. I always get so much into this story.
I hope to read much more soon!

Wren

Argh!

It's the dreaded double post! Drat!

Wren

No matter how hard I try...like now for instance...

Andrea Lena's picture

...I wanted to pay my respects and tell Sara how much I loved this tale...and I'm late and I'm sorta stuck in the middle? But the worst part is that I'm giving it my all, and Wren is twice as complimentary and kind, and that's sooooo hard to do, so I'll just say thanks.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

It's Wonderful To See You Back

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg It's wonderful to see you back! I have looked forward to more of this wonderful story! It is so true what they said about things happening for a reason. I do think that if Chrissy hadn't left home, she wouldn't have such amazing people in her life. Some people lament on what ifs and say "Life would have been different if I had been able to transition earlier in life". It may have,but in a much more negative way. It is pretty evident that Chrissy would have had a tougher time of it if she had transitioned where she lived. Callum's stepfather is someone who I think will be more trouble down the road. Men like him, with their thinking and attitudes are an unfortunate reality in our society. I hope that Callum's mother will get to the point where she will leave the bastard, especially if he makes her choose between him and her own child. Any mother worth anything at all, would never allow a no good piece of garbage to treat her child like that. My mother said that any guy that might come into her life after the divorce would know that her kids came first and there was no room for debate about it. Callum's mother may have to make that choice in the future after she saw the way her husband treated him. I hope she chooses wisely.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

What a Pleasant Surpise

Delighted to have new adventures of Chrissy and the gang to read. Thanks Sara.

Glad to see a new page to this.

I'm so glad to see another page added to this wonderful on going story. I really missed reading this story. Welcome back also :).

Whew it has been a while since we peeked in on Chrissy

... and the gang.

Again Chrissy proves she really has that purity of heart few people have all the while bringing it out in all those around her. I would've left a kudo click but the darn thing is disabled for some reason. Oh well.

For Chrissy there is no going back as symbolized by her selling of her home. She is going to move forward and let what is past is past after giving it a respectful remembrance.

Her reconciliation with her mum and her opportunity to come home one last time is so resonant with me.

Kim

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 15 By SaraUK

Glad that the housing situation is dealt with, but worried about Callum.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Welcome back!

Callum's evidently still worried about his stepfather and his outlook on the world, but as long as he doesn't develop homicidal tendencies (like a certain other father) or start beating up his mum, he hasn't really got much to worry about while in London. However, given the number of "mountain out of molehill" incidents in this tale, that video he took of Amy's air guitar may come back to haunt him...

Meanwhile, with Debbie moving into Chrissy's old house, that solves the problem of what to do with it - and if she signs up to broadband she can communicate with the gang even when they're not visiting :D

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Great

Thanks, Sara, it's great to have another installment in this series.

Pleasantly Surprised


Bike Resources