You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 17

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 17

Chapter 45

    Becky had slept in hers and Chrissy’s bed when she got home from the club, so she wasn’t woken the next morning by any noise of Chrissy getting ready for work and moving out because she’d taken her work clothes into Mandy’s room with her, and with only having a bubble bath the night before, Chrissy didn’t take a shower the next morning.

    Chrissy was dressed and down stairs before anyone else so she made a start on breakfast for the last time. She was going to miss dancing around to songs on the radio with Amber and Amy, but she still thought she was doing the right thing by moving out.

    Mandy was the first one to get down out the others and she walked over and gave Chrissy a hug before going to the table and pouring herself a cup of tea out.

     “Morning baby sister. I guess you’ve not changed your mind about moving out then?” Mandy asked as she broke the hug with Chrissy.

     “The fact that Becky slept in our bed is proof that me moving out is for the best, and you’ll know where I am this time at least.” Chrissy said with a weak smile.

     “You do realise that as soon as I find out what’s bugging Becky, I’m coming to fetch you right back again.” Mandy said in a firm voice, just before she went to sit at the table.

     “I’m counting on it sis.” Chrissy said with a grin, and hoping that it would be sooner rather than later when she came to fetch her back.

     Amy and Amber came down the stairs and then stopped when Amy came to a stop at the bottom. “What you stopped for baby?” Amber asked as she looked at Amy.

     “She’s really moving out.” Was all Amy said as she looked at the bags packed in the hallway ready to go in Mandy’s car when they went round to Mable’s later.

     “I’m sure it won’t be for long baby, and you’ll still get to see her at the shop every day.” Amber said, as she wrapped an arm around Amy’s waist and pulled her towards the kitchen with her.

    Chrissy and Mandy both jumped a mile when they heard someone scream Chrissy’s name, but Chrissy smiled when she realised that it was Amy calling her, and not a very angry Becky.

    Amy saw Chrissy over near the cooker and screamed her name as she ran over and threw her arms around Chrissy and started hugging the stuffing out of her.

     “Please don’t move out Chrissy. Come and share a bed with Amber and I, but please don’t move out again.” Amy was pleading with Chrissy as she hugged her.

     “I’m sorry Amy, but it’s for the best. I need to try and keep Becky calm, and me being in the house isn’t helping to do that.” Chrissy said as she hugged Amy back. “I’m only going to be at Mable’s, and you’ll still have to put up with me at the shop most days.” Chrissy added with a grin as she stopped hugging Amy.

     “Well I don’t like it one bit.” Amy pouted, as she started helping Chrissy sort out breakfast.

     “I can see that baby sister.” Chrissy said; as she gave Amy one last hug before carrying on with breakfast.

    Ann and Jayden both walked into the kitchen together, and they went straight over to Chrissy and gave her a hug. “I’m sorry to hear you’re moving out Chrissy. I hope it’s not because of anything I said to Becky yesterday.” Jayden said looking worried.

     “I’m sorry to hear you’re moving out too Chrissy, but I hope it’s not for too long.” Ann said, as she hugged her.

     “Thanks for caring about me Ann, Jayden.” Chrissy smiled as she hugged each of them. “I know it’s not your fault Jayden. This has something to do with me running away, but I don’t know what yet.” Chrissy added, as she led the pair over to the table and helped them to take a seat each.

    Mandy poured them all a fresh cup of tea out, and Chrissy, Amy and Amber finished getting breakfast ready. They had a quiet breakfast and Chrissy was thankful that Becky never showed her face. Chrissy wasn’t ready to have round two with her this morning. She just wanted to get her things round to Mable’s and then have a normal day at the shop.

    Amber, Ann and Jayden all gave Chrissy a hug when they were ready to leave the house. They all left and got in their cars and followed each other out the drive, as they drove off to work. Chrissy took one last look around the house, and wondered how long it would be before Becky would let her back in again. So it was with a big sigh that Chrissy walked out the house and got in Mandy’s car and looked out the window as the house vanished out of sight. It didn’t take long for Mandy to pull onto the driveway at Mable’s so they didn’t have far to carry Chrissy’s bags. It turned out to be even shorter when they saw David come out and take them off the girl’s before he went back into the house and took them straight up to Chrissy’s old room.

    Chrissy led Mandy and Amy into the dining room where they found Chrissy’s mum, dad, Mable, Jenna and Cathleen all sat around the large dining table having a drink.

     “Morning everyone.” Chrissy said with a little wave and a sad look on her face.

     “Morning Chrissy. I’m really sorry to hear about you and Becky. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.” Jenna said, as she got up and gave Chrissy a hug.

     “I hope we can get it all sorted out again soon as well, but I need to know what I’ve done first.” Chrissy said with a sad look as she took the hug from Jenna.

     “Come and sit down and have a cup of tea and tell us what happened when you got home from work yesterday to upset Becky to the point you feel the need to move out.” Mable said, as she waved the three girls over to the table.

    Chrissy sat between her mum and dad while Amy and Mandy sat facing them on the other side of the table. Chrissy explained about Becky being very off with her, and how she’d not said a word to her to upset her yesterday morning before they left the house. Then Chrissy went on to tell them all how mad Becky got in the bed room, and even the part where Becky was gritting her teeth at her. By the time Chrissy had finished her story, they all agreed that moving out sounded like the best idea until they got to the bottom of what had upset Becky so much.

    David had come back down stairs and just sat listening to Chrissy tell her story. “I’ve put your bags in your room Chrissy. I’m sure you remember where it is.” David smiled. “Sorry to hear that you and Becky had words, and I hope it’s all sorted out again soon.” David added.

     “Thanks David, for taking my bags up, and for the kind words as well.”

     “If you ever need anything Chrissy, just ask, and I’ll do what I can for you.” David said, as he reached across the table to take hold of Chrissy’s little hand in his own as he said it.

     “I will David and thanks again. I’ll unpack my things tonight when I get back from work if you don’t mind?” Chrissy asked as she looked at Mable to make sure it would be okay for her to do that.

     “That’s fine dear. I guess you need to be getting off to the shop now anyway.” Mable said, as she looked at the time.

     “Yes we better be making a move, or we’ll hit all the traffic.” Mandy said, as she stood up and then helped Amy get to her feet.

     “I’m sorry about all the trouble mum and dad, but it will be nice to spend some time with you.” Chrissy said with a smile, as she tried to look on the up side to her moving into Mable’s.

     “We’ll talk about it later dear.” Holly said, as she gave Chrissy a hug.

    What Chrissy heard was, “We will get this all sorted out later.” Chrissy didn’t think it was going to be that easy to fix. First they had to find out what the problem was before they could look at fixing it.

    Mandy led them out to her car, and they were soon on their way to the shop and a busy day of packing and posting, but Chrissy was glad to be doing that, and not trying to sort out what ever problem Becky had with her now. They were soon at the shop and busy getting the orders ready for the changing service, and then the internet orders in the afternoon, after they stopped for some lunch when Linda turned up with a basket of food for them.


*****

    Becky woke, and was shocked to see that it was mid morning and she’d slept through Chrissy getting ready for work. Becky got up and took a shower before putting on her bathrobe and heading down stairs to get something to eat. While she was eating the toast she’d done herself, Becky started trying to work out how she could track down who the girl is in the photo that Chrissy was hiding from her.

     “I wonder if I email Dean at St.Trinian’s a copy of the photo, if he’ll be able to help me track her down?” Becky thought to herself as she got up and went to the home office to scan in the photos and then email dean.

    Becky also decided to give Carl a call and get Dean’s mobile number so she could give him a call and see what he knows about this girl that Chrissy had taken such a liking too.

    Carl was just looking through some paperwork when his mobile started ringing. He answered it right away when he saw it was Becky calling him. “Hi Becky, is everything okay at the club?” Carl asked.

     “Hi Carl. The club is fine, I was just calling to see if I could get a mobile number for Dean at St.Trinian’s off you, I want to give him a call and ask him a couple of questions.” Becky said in a matter of fact way.

     “Does this have anything to do with the trouble you and Chrissy are having at the minute?” Carl asked.

     “Sort of, but I’m hoping that Dean can clear it all up for me.”

     “What’s going on Becky? I hear you and Chrissy really got into it last night.” Carl asked sounding unhappy about it all.

     “I’ve found some evidence that Chrissy might have been seeing another girl while she was away, and I want to find out if it’s true or not.” Becky said sounding angry that she’d got to explain herself to Carl about it all.

     “Do you have any idea just how crazy you sound right now Becky?” Carl said with a chuckle. “This is Chrissy we’re talking about. She’s only ever had eyes for you, and the thought of her going with another girl makes me want to laugh.” Carl actually laughed down the phone at Becky.

     “I don’t find any of this very funny Carl, so can you please just give me the number, so I can give him a call and find out what he knows?” Becky asked with even more anger in her voice.

     “Okay Becky, I’ll give you Dean’s number, but have you given any thought to what is going to happen if you find out you’re wrong about all this?” Carl asked, as he tried to get Becky to see some logic in how she was acting over all this.

     “I hope I am wrong Carl. I really do hope I’m wrong.” Becky said with hope in her voice.

    Carl gave Becky Dean’s mobile number and then hung up to let her call him and hopefully put an end to this thing between her and Chrissy. Carl never said anything about Chrissy moving in with Mable, so she still had no idea that Chrissy had moved out.

    Becky scanned in the photos and then she logged onto the internet and tracked down an email address for St.Trinian’s and emailed the photos to dean. She went and made herself another cup of tea and then went back to the home office and called Dean to see if he’d got the email yet.

     “Hello, Dean speaking.” The male voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “Hi Dean, I’m not sure if you’ll remember me, but we met a couple of weeks back when we came down to pick Chrissy up from your club.” Becky said with some hope that he’d still remember her. “I’m Becky, I work for Carl up here in London.”

     “You mean the same Becky that runs The Closet for Carl?” Dean asked.

     “Yes, one and the same.” Becky said with a sigh of relief that he remembered her.

     “What can I do for you on this lovely day then Becky? I trust that Chrissy is doing fine, now she’s back home where she belongs?” Dean asked with a chuckle. “And I hope that Jayden is fitting in well at her new job?” Dean added.

     “They’re both doing fine, but I’m trying to track down a girl that works at your club, or might have worked there in the past. I’ve sent you an email with a couple of photos in for you to look at.

     “Just let me go and check and I’ll let you know if I can put a name to the face.

     “Do you want me to call you back then?” Becky asked.

     “No need, it will only take a couple of secs for me to get them up on the screen.” Dean said, as Becky heard him clicking away on what she took to be a computer keyboard. “She’s a cute little thing, but she’s never worked here at the club.” Dean said after looking at the photos.

     “Are you sure she’s never worked at the club Dean?” Becky asked sounding depressed again.

     “Trust me Becky, I’d remember if she’d ever worked here at the club, but I will print one of the photos out and show it to the other girls and see if any of them might know her.” Dean said, as he tried to help Becky find out who the girl was. “I’ll give you a call back if I find anything out. Is this your mobile number you called me on?” Dean asked.

     “Yes it is, and that would be great if you do find out who she is.” Becky said with some hope in her voice again.

     “Anything to keep Carl’s number one night club manager happy.” Dean chuckled. “I hope to speak again soon Becky. Bye for now.” Dean added.

     “Thanks Dean and I really hope to hear back from you soon too. Bye, and thanks again.” Becky said, just before ending the call with him and then sitting back to enjoy her cup of tea.

    Becky found herself looking at the girl on the screen and drinking in her stunning image. She had short spiky red hair and pale looking skin, but she was wearing very heavy eye makeup and had the most stunning bright blue eyes. Becky also noticed that she had a couple of tattoos, one on her left breast and another one on her lower back. The one on her left breast looked like a dragon, and the one on her back was of a fairy.

     “She really doesn’t look like the type of girl Chrissy would go for, but then again, I’ve never seen Chrissy go for any type of girl really.” Becky said to herself.

    Becky was starting to wonder if she was just being silly, and if Carl was right about it all. “What if I am wrong about all this? How do I explain it to Chrissy?” Becky was worried all of a sudden.

    Trying to keep herself busy, Becky washed up the dishes she’d used for her breakfast and then she set to work doing some cleaning before she got tired and decided to go back to bed for a couple more hours. When she next woke up it was time to go down and start dinner ready for when the other got in from work.


*****

     Chrissy, Amy and Mandy got everything done at the shop and then called in at the post office on the way home before taking Chrissy home to Mable’s and then spending a little time with her mum and dad.

    Greg had gone for a lie down when they got there, so they all went to the dining room to have a cup of tea and talk about how he was doing. “Has dad had any if the test’s yet mum?” Chrissy asked as she cuddled up to her at the table.

     “No, not yet dear. Prue said it could be a week or so before they get all the details from his old doctors.” Holly said, as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy and gave her a little hug. “I’m more worried about you at the minute Chrissy.” Holly added with worry in her voice.

     “I’ll be okay mum, I just need to give Becky a little space and hope she calms down enough to explain to someone what I’ve done to upset her so much.” Chrissy rested her head on her mums shoulder as she said it.

     “I plan to get to the bottom of it just as soon as I get home sis.” Mandy said looking determined.

     “Please don’t get her upset Mandy, She is pregnant remember. I’ve already put her in enough danger as it is.” Chrissy said still defending her wife, even after what she said the night before.

     “Don’t worry Chrissy, I just want her to explain everything to me, so I can see what her problem is.” Mandy said with a smile to try and put Chrissy’s mind at ease.

     “Okay Mandy. I think I’m going to go up to my room and unpack while dads asleep. That way I can spend more time with him later on tonight.” Chrissy said with a smile as she got up from the table and gave Mandy and Amy a hug before they left to go back to Mandy’s house.

    Mandy and Amy both gave Holly and Mable a hug before they left to go home. They both thought it felt wrong to leave Chrissy at Mable’s while they went back home to have dinner.

     “This doesn’t feel right Mandy. Leaving Chrissy back at Mable’s while we go home and play nice with Becky.” Amy said, as she looked out the window. “What do you think Becky’s problem is with Chrissy anyway? Amy asked.

     “I don’t know Amy, but I am going to get to the bottom of this before it goes on for too long.” Mandy said as she pulled into the driveway at home.

    Mandy and Amy had just got out the car when they saw Ann pull into the driveway, so they waited for her to get out the car so they could all enter the house together. They both noticed that Jayden wasn’t in the car with her.

     “Jayden not with you tonight Ann?” Mandy asked, as Ann walked over and gave them both a hug.

     “No she got a call from Callum and he asked if she wanted to grab some dinner and then a movie.” Ann said. “I can’t say I blame her at the minute with how Becky is being with Chrissy.” Ann added as they entered the house.

     “I know what you mean, but she’s all settled in at Mable’s for the time being, so we can try and get to the bottom of what’s upset Becky so much.” Mandy said, as she led the way to the kitchen to let Becky know that they were all home.

    Becky was just checking on dinner when she heard the front door, so she was ready to give Chrissy some evil looks, but she was disappointed when she never saw Chrissy enter the kitchen. Ann, Amy and Mandy walked into the kitchen.

     “Hello Becky. Jayden has gone out with Callum, so she won’t be home for dinner.” Ann said before Becky could speak.

     “So it’s just the six of us for dinner then?” Becky asked.

     “There will only be five of us for dinner Becky.” Mandy said as she looked at her.

     “Oh is Amber working late with Sara again?” Becky asked, as she thought that it was Amber not coming back for dinner instead of Chrissy.

     “No, Amber should be home any minute. It’s Chrissy that won’t be having any dinner with us.” Mandy said in a flat tone, as she tried to control her anger.

     “I know Chrissy and I are having some problems at the minute, but she’ll have to come down and eat something.” Becky said, as she went to leave the room to go and talk to Chrissy about her coming down for dinner.

     “If you’re planning on going to have a talk with Chrissy, you will have a long walk Becky.” Mandy said, as she stopped Becky leaving the room.

     “Why will I? Where is she?” Becky asked with some worry in her voice.

     “She’s moved out for the time being to give you some time to calm down and explain to someone why you hate her all of a sudden.” Mandy said with a little more anger showing in her voice. “She’s worried about you and the babies, so she thought it best to leave, so you’re not as stressed.” Mandy added.

     “So she’s just run away again. That sounds like Chrissy all over.” Becky spat, as she turned around and walked back to the cooker so she could carry on sorting out dinner.

     “I’ve had enough of this Becky! Get your ass over here and sit down now!” Mandy shouted as she pointed at an empty chair at the table.

    Becky could see the anger in Mandy’s eyes, so she did as she was told and sat down at the table. Amy took over keeping an eye on dinner while Mandy got the problem sorted out between Chrissy and Becky.

     “Now you can explain to me what the hell is going on with you, and why you have such a hatred for Chrissy at the minute.” Mandy said, as she sat down facing Becky at the table.

     “I think she had a fling with another girl while she was away.” Becky said in her own defence, but she still didn’t feel like she wanted to take on Mandy at the minute, so she soon looked down at the table again.

     “You think? What the hell makes you think that?” Mandy asked, not believing what Becky just said.

     “I found some hidden photos of a girl, and I think that Chrissy got together with her while she was working at St.Trinian’s.” Becky said still looking down at the table.

     “Let me get this straight. You found some photos of some girl and now you think Chrissy cheated on you?” Mandy asked with a puzzled look. “What other proof do you have? Did you speak to Jayden about it?” Mandy asked, even though she already knew that Becky had, and what answers Jayden had given her.

     “Yes I spoke to Jayden and she didn’t know anything about it.” Becky said.

     “So Jayden told you that she didn’t see Chrissy with another girl, but you still see some photo and think that she’s run off and hooked up with the first girl she came across? Is that about it Becky?” Mandy asked not even bothering to try and hide her anger now.

     “I just know that Chrissy got up to something while she was away, I just know it.” Becky said with tears in her eyes, as she finally looked up at Mandy.

     “How do you know it Becky? Explain it to me, and I’ll listen to what you have to say.” Mandy said in a much softer tone of voice.

     “Because if it was me in Chrissy’s shoes I would have found another girl to be with.” Becky said as she broke down in sobs of tears.

     “But Chrissy isn’t you, or me Becky. Chrissy is just Chrissy, and I don’t think for one minute that there could be another woman on this planet that could take her away from you. Not even if she thought you’d been with a man.” Mandy said, as she slid around the table and pulled Becky into a hug. “Where are these stupid photos you keep going on about anyway?” Mandy asked. Becky got up and went to her purse and pulled out the photos and then handed them to Mandy.

     “Wow, I can see why you’d be worried Becky, but I think this girl looks a little too wild for Chrissy to hang around with.” Mandy said, as she looked at all the piercings and tattoos the girl in the photo had. “Does she work at St.Trinian’s?” Mandy asked when she noticed the girl was wearing a school girl uniform like the one Chrissy was wearing when they found her.

     “I thought she did, but when I emailed a copy of the photos to Dean, he didn’t know her, but he said he’d show it to the other girls at the club and see if any of them know who she is.” Becky said, as she wiped her eyes with a tissue Ann passed her.

     “There are still a lot of reasons for why Chrissy would have these photos Becky, and none of them point to her having a thing with her.” Mandy said as she put the photos down on the table and looked at Becky again.

     “Like what?” Becky asked, like Mandy was being silly now, as she tried to defend what Chrissy might have done.

     “Like Chrissy might have done the girls makeup for her, so she could have the photos taken or she might have seen the photos and thought the girl looked cute, so she kept them.” Mandy said with a shrug. “The point is Becky; you should have sat down and asked Chrissy about them, not just thought the worse of her.” Mandy added with anger in her voice again.

     “What if she just lied to me about how she knew her?” Becky asked.

    Mandy was about to speak, but stopped when Amy made a sound like she was trying to stop a snigger coming out, so Mandy Becky and Ann all looked over at her.

     “Sorry.” Amy said, as she put her hand over her mouth as she tried to stop herself sniggering even more. “I’m really sorry, and I know this isn’t funny, but the thought of Chrissy even trying to lie to someone is just comical.” Amy said as she started giggling.

    Mandy looked at Amy with a raised eyebrow for a couple of seconds before she looked back at Becky. “She does have a point Becky. When have you ever known Chrissy lie and look like she really meant it?” Mandy asked.

    Becky went to speak, but stopped, and then she did it a couple more times before she finally just let out a sigh and looked down at her lap again. “I’m beginning to see your point Mandy. Maybe I should have just asked her about the photos in the first place.” Becky said sounding sad about what she’d done to Chrissy now.

     “If it was a court case they would have thrown it out due to lack of evidence by now.” Mandy said with a sad smile, as she wrapped an arm around Becky and hugged her.

     “What do I do now then Mandy? How do I fix all this mess with Chrissy?” Becky looked hopeful that Mandy would have all the answers for her.

     “You’ve got to let it play out now Becky.” Mandy said looking sad. “You opened a big can of worms, and now you have to see who this girl really is and what she means to Chrissy, if she means anything at all.” Mandy added with a frown.

    Becky turned to look at Amy when she heard her speak. “Did you give any thought to what you were going to do if you found out that Chrissy had been seeing this girl in the photo?” Amy asked as she walked over to the table and picked up the picture. “Were you ready to just walk away from her and raise the babies on your own?” Amy added with anger in her voice.

    Becky hadn’t thought that far ahead when she started digging into why Chrissy would of had the photos in the first place, but now Amy had mentioned it, she had no idea what it would lead to. “I never thought about that. I just thought we would argue about it, and then move on I guess,” Becky said as she looked down at her lap again.

     “Well you guessed wrong Becky!” Amy shouted as she tried to fight back the tears that wanted to come out. “We finally find Chrissy and get her back home and then you have to drive her away again.” Amy added as tears started falling down her cheeks.

     “Amy that’s enough of that.” Ann said as she got up from the table and pulled Amy into a hug.

     “But it’s not enough sis. If Amber had accused me of doing something like that, I don’t think I’d ever want to go back to her.” Amy said as she sobbed on her sister’s shoulder.

    Becky hadn’t thought about that either, but now Amy had said it, she thought that she might have been the same way if it was Chrissy that had accused her. She was beginning to worry that if she was wrong and Chrissy didn’t hook up with this girl in the photos, then she would never be able to fix this mess she made. Before Becky had time to say any more the kitchen door opened and Amber walked it, but she was soon running across the kitchen when she saw Amy crying on Ann’s shoulder.

     “What’s wrong princess?” Amber asked as she took over hugging Amy. “Is Chrissy alright?” Amber looked worried as she looked at the others.

     “Chrissy is fine. Amy just got a little worked up over this thing between Becky and her.” Ann said, as she stood watching Amber hug her baby sister.

    Amber soon had Amy calmed down and sat her down at the table while Mandy filled her in on what Becky was mad at Chrissy for. Once they had all calmed down, Amber and Amy helped Becky sort out dinner. None of them ate very much of it, it felt just like it had while Chrissy was missing, so none of them were that hungry.

    Becky went up to get ready for work while Ann and Mandy went up to take showers and change out of their work clothes. Amy and Amber set to work getting the dishes washed and put away from dinner, then they were going to go up and take a shower together.

    Mandy greeted Vicky when she turned up for Becky a little later, and she also filled her in on what they had found out about the spat between her and Chrissy. Vicky was shocked to hear the reason for Becky being upset with Chrissy, and hoped they could get over it. They all gave Becky a hug and then they waved her off at the door before going to the living room for the rest of the evening.

 

Chapter 46

     Chrissy was stood in her old room at Mable’s looking around and thinking just how different her life was now to how it was when she first walked in here. Chrissy also felt a pang of pain when she thought about what she might have lost as well. She couldn’t walk across the hallway and talk to Becky anymore, or sit and play board games with her and Cathleen while the others all sat around the dining table drinking tea as they tried to fix all the problems in the world. Chrissy had got what stuff she’d brought from Mandy’s unpacked, and was just about to head down to see if Mable needed any help with dinner, but with the thought of Becky being mad at her for god knows what reason, she just fell on the bed sobbing her heart out.

    Jenna was just heading back down stairs when she heard Chrissy crying, so she knocked on the door as she tried the handle to see if it would open or not. The door opened so she poked her head in Chrissy’s room and saw her sobbing on the bed.

    Chrissy looked up when she felt someone sit on the bed next to her, Chrissy was hoping to find Becky sat there smiling at her, having come to take her home and tell her just how silly she was being, but it was Jenna looking down at her with worry on her face.

     “Hey kiddo you okay?” Jenna asked as she pulled Chrissy’s head up on to her lap as she stroked Chrissy’s hair.

     “No, I’m the other end of okay Jenna.” Chrissy said through the sobs.

     “I’m sorry Chrissy that was a silly question to ask someone who’s crying their heart out.” Jenna said with a frown.

     “Don’t worry about it, my middle name is silly.” Chrissy said with a little giggle as she sat up and grabbed a tissue off the nightstand so she could dry her eyes.

     “I know you’ve done some silly things in the past Chrissy, but this one isn’t your fault.” Jenna said as she pulled Chrissy into a hug.

     “It is though Jenna. I never should have run away. That way Becky wouldn’t hate me now.” Chrissy said close to tears again when she thought of the way Becky had looked at her the night before.

     “She’ll get over whatever’s bugging her, and you two will be back together in no time.” Jenna said as she hugged Chrissy a little tighter.

     “So much for me being cupid.” Chrissy said with a sad sounding giggle.

     “Don’t start thinking like that, or I may have to tickle you young lady.” Jenna said as she gave Chrissy a taste of what she would get if she didn’t cheer up.

     “Okay, okay, point taken.” Chrissy said as she sat up to try and stop Jenna from tickling her any more.

     “Come on let’s go down and have some dinner.” Jenna said as she got off the bed and then pulled Chrissy to her feet before they left her room and walked down to the dining room together.

    Holly and Mable had the table set and were bringing bowls of food through when Chrissy and Jenna got down there. Cathleen was sat grinning at Chrissy as she pointed to the chair next to her.

     “I think I know where I’m sitting then.” Chrissy said with a grin as she looked at Jenna just before going over and sitting down next to Cathleen at the table.

     “Hi Aunty Chrissy. Is it true you live here again now?” Cathleen asked sounding excited.

     “I am going to be stopping for a couple of days Cathleen.” Chrissy was hoping that was all she would be stopping for, but only time and Becky would tell.

     “Can we play a board game after dinner then Aunty Chrissy?” Cathleen asked with a big smile on her face.

     “Sure, anything for you Cathleen, just as long as you’re ready to lose young lady.” Chrissy said with a grin as she turned and started tickling Cathleen like mad.

    Cathleen nearly slid off her chair, but Chrissy stopped her and then helped her to get sat up again so they could eat their dinner.

    Chrissy’s dad was sat at the table and smiled when he saw how good Chrissy was with Cathleen. He knew that she’d make a wonderful parent to her own children. Greg felt a pang of sadness that he wouldn’t get to see them grow up, but he was happy that they would have lots of people to keep them safe, just like they did his daughter.

     “You okay dad?” Chrissy asked when she saw her dad with a faraway look in his eyes while he was looking at her playing with Cathleen.

     “I’m fine dear. I was just thinking how good you are with Cathleen.” Greg smiled.

     “Most will tell you that it’s because I act like a child most the time.” Chrissy said with a giggle, as she playfully poked Cathleen in the side while sticking her tongue out at her.

    Mable, Holly, Jenna, Greg, David and Kim all sat laughing as they saw Chrissy still playing with Cathleen even with all the trouble she was having with Becky. They soon settled down to a nice dinner, and then Chrissy was sent to play with Cathleen while David and Kim washed the dishes.

    Chrissy played with Cathleen for a couple of hours, and then they went into the TV room and put a Disney film on. Cathleen was soon fast asleep cuddled up to Chrissy. Jenna came in a little later and picked Cathleen up and took her to bed before coming back down to have another cup of tea.

     “Thanks for entertaining Cathleen tonight Chrissy.” Jenna said as she walked back into the dining room.

     “I had a lot of fun Jenna, so think nothing of it.” Chrissy smiled up at her as she walked over to the table and sat down.

     “I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with Becky, Chrissy. Do you think Mandy and the others will be able to find out what started it?” Kim asked, as she cuddled up to David while they had their drinks.

     “Thanks Kim. I’m hoping so, but it could be tough getting her to believe me.” Chrissy said with a sigh.

     “So you have some idea what the problem is then Chrissy?” Kim asked.

     “I think so, but I have no idea where she got such an idea in the first place.” Chrissy said in a cryptic kind of way as she looked to be deep in thought.

     “Do you want to share it with the rest of the class dear?” Mable asked.

     “I got the impression while she was having a go at me last night that she thinks I cheated on her while I was away.” Chrissy said with a hurt look.

     “And did you cheat on her while you were away?” Kim asked.

     “NO! I would never look at another woman in that way, never mind get close to one.” Chrissy said looking shocked that Kim could ask such a question.

     “Calm down shrimp I believe you.” Kim giggled. “Not a chance in hell a guilty person would react like you just did.” Kim added with more giggles.

     “I wish Becky was that easy to convince.” Chrissy said looking sad about everything that had happened now. “I guess I had it coming though for being so stupid in the first place and running away. Chrissy added with a sigh.

     “You’re not stupid dear, you were scared, and I’m sure you and Becky will be back together in no time.” Greg said with a smile.

    Chrissy finished her drink and then helped her mum get her dad to bed. The people had brought all the things so her mum and Dad were now sleeping in the large room down stairs that Mable had put to one side for them. Chrissy gave her dad a hug before she left to go and get ready for bed herself. Chrissy thought she was lucky to get away with not having the chat with her mum, that she’d mentioned before she left to go to work that morning, but Chrissy knew that her mum would probably grab her in the morning and have it then instead.


*****

     “I’m glad you called and asked me to join you for dinner tonight.” Jayden smiled as she looked across the table at Callum as they ate.

     “Why is that then, you getting sick of living with Chrissy already?” Callum asked with a chuckle.

     “No, I love living there, but Becky has some weird idea that Chrissy had a fling while she was away, and now Chrissy has moved in with Mable until Becky calms down over it all.” Jayden said with a frown.

     “Did she have a fling while she was away? Not that anyone could blame her with what she thought Becky had done.” Callum said as he leaned across the table to get all the details.

     “Don’t be silly, this is Chrissy we’re talking about.” Jayden said in a whisper. “All that poor girl did was work at the club and keep house for me and her.” Jayden added with some anger in her voice.

     “So where did Becky get the idea that Chrissy had gone with someone while she was away?” Callum asked with a puzzled look.

     “I don’t know, but I’m worried that I might have said something to make her think she did.” Jayden said looking worried.

     “Why would you think that?” Callum asked.

     “Becky started asking me lots of questions on the night she had a go at Chrissy, and now Chrissy has moved out.”

     “If Becky started asking you questions the other night, then she already had an idea that Chrissy had cheated on her, so I would say you’re in the clear.” Callum smiled.

    Jayden sat thinking about it for a couple of seconds before she smiled as well. “You’re right baby, she did already think Chrissy had cheated on her, but I don’t know how she came to that conclusion.” Jayden said with a shrug.

    Callum was just about to say something when he heard a male voice call his name. Callum turned his head and let out a groan. “Great just the person I needed to see while I’m trying to have a nice quiet meal.” Callum said under his breath.

     “How’s it hanging Baldwin?” The man said, in a slurred voice as he staggered up to the table and slapped Callum on the back. “She’s a bit out of your league isn’t she Baldwin?” The man asked, as he looked Jayden up and down like a plate of meat.

     “Do you mind just going away Stephen, I think you’ve had a little too much to drink and I’d hate to see you make a fool of yourself.” Callum said it, but he thought that he already had.

     “I think you’re more worried that I might make you look foolish Baldwin.” The man said as he nearly fell on top of Callum as he leaned across the table to get a better look at Jayden.

     “Sir, if you don’t return to your table, I will have to see about having you removed from the restaurant, and the hotel.” Jayden said, as she stood up and waved a waiter over to the table.

    Callum looked on as the waiter led the man back to his table. He knew there was an advantage to having a meal here at the hotel where Jayden worked.

    The waiter returned to the table where Callum and Jayden were sat. “I’m sorry about that Jayden; I should have been keeping a better eye on things.” The waiter said looking worried.

     “Don’t worry about it Ian, but I want him cut off and removed just as soon as he’s done with his meal.” Jayden said with a smile, but sounded very firm as she said it to the waiter.

    Callum watched the waiter run off and then talk to a couple of men stood over near the entrance to the restaurant. “I’m sorry you had to meet him Jayden.” Callum said looking a little down about it all.

     “How do you know that man Callum?” Jayden asked, as she reached across the table and took hold of Callum’s hand and smiled when he looked up at her from the table.

     “He works in the same company as me, and can be a real ass.” Callum said.

     “Nice company you work for then baby.” Jayden said with a grin.

     “It’s a job.” Callum said with a shrug.

     “I take it you don’t get on with him very well then?” Jayden asked, as she looked over at the man on the far table that had just upset their meal.

     “No he hates me because I get on with all the women in the office and they all think he’s a pig.” Callum said as he screwed his face up. “Up until now I think he thought I was gay.” Callum added with a grin.

     “I’m glad I could help to prove otherwise, but what do you say we seal the deal and really prove to him you’re not.” Jayden said with a grin as she slid around the table to sit on Callum’s knee as she started kissing him for all he was worth.

    Callum just looked into Jayden’s eyes with a silly grin on his face. “Do you think he saw that?” Callum asked.

     “Oh yes he saw it, but let’s make sure.” Jayden said just before kissing Callum again even longer this time.

     “You are just so bad Jayden, but I love you for it.” Callum said with a grin as he looked around the restaurant and realised that everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch the pair of them kissing.

    Callum looked over at this Stephen he works with and he was just sat with his mouth open still. Callum smiled at him and then picked up the wine glass; he held that up to him before taking a sip from it.

     “I’m sure that will give him something to talk about at the office tomorrow.” Jayden said with a grin as she went back to her seat and carried on drinking her wine.

     “I bet he doesn’t say a word about any of this, not that he will remember much of it looking at how drunk he is right now.” Callum said, as he watched Stephen trying to walk out the restaurant. “Will you be going to the club tomorrow night still? It is Saturday and I was hoping to let Kara out for some fun.” Callum asked with a smile.

     “I’m not sure if the others will be going, but I might go anyway if Kara is going to be there.” Jayden said with a grin.

     “Give me a call if you have any trouble getting there, and I’ll come and pick you up.” Callum said with a grin on his face now he knew Jayden would be coming out to the club tomorrow night.

     “I’ll be able to get a lift in with Vicky and Becky, but thanks for the offer anyway.”

     “I forgot that Becky would be going to the club either way.” Callum slapped his hand to his forehead as he said it.

     “Chrissy could have been right about you being a blond.” Jayden said with a grin.

    Callum just gave her a funny look as he finished off his wine. Jayden finished hers and they both left so Callum could drive Jayden home and then go home himself as he had an early start the next morning.

     “Thank you for a lovely dinner Callum.” Jayden said as Callum pulled on to the drive at Mandy’s house.

     “My pleasure Jayden, I love spending time with you as me or Kara.” Callum said as he leaned over and pulled Jayden in for a kiss. They spent some time just kissing, but it was soon time for Callum to get home and get some sleep. He waited for Jayden to enter the house and close the door before he pulled back out the driveway and went home feeling very happy.

    Jayden poked her head in the living room but it was empty, so she guessed that everyone had gone to bed already, so she went up stairs and got ready for bed herself. She was glad it was Friday, and she could have a lie in tomorrow morning as she didn’t have to work on a Saturday.


*****

    Becky wandered round the club all night making sure everyone was having a good time, and sorting out the little problems as they came up, but in the back of her mind she was hoping that Dean would call from St.Trinian’s and tell her who the girl was in the photos. Carl was away on business, so she only had Vicky to talk to so she couldn’t find out any more info about Dean until Carl got back tomorrow.

    Vicky helped count up the takings at the end of the night and they locked it all in the safe and then they left the club and locked it all up before getting in Vicki’s car and driving her home. Brad and Frank had both waited for them to get in the car and drive off before they got in Brad’s truck and left for home themselves.

     “You okay Becky?” Vicky asked as she drove the car.

     “Not really Vicky. I think I’ve done a very stupid thing falling out with Chrissy over something that may have not even happened.” Becky said with a sigh as she looked out the car window at all the dark houses where people were fast asleep.

     “Do you really think for one second that Chrissy would do anything like that behind your back?” Vicky asked. “I think if she had, then she would have told you by now as it would have been tearing her apart.” Vicky added as she put a hand on Becky’s as she rested them in her lap.

    Becky turned and smiled at Vicky, but it wasn’t a happy smile, it just looked sad and empty. “I wish I’d never found them stupid photos, and I can’t work out why I acted like I did over them without even asking her about it.” Becky said as she tried to remember just how she did react.

     “I can only guess that your hormones are all over the place at the minute, what with all the weird things you want to eat, and the way you’re laughing one minute, and then you look ready to cry the next.” Vicky said with a giggle.

    Becky had to giggle when Vicky mentioned the strange eating habits, as she had sent Brad out to the local shop earlier in the night to get her some cookies as she was ready to kill for them. “I can’t help it if I suddenly need a cookie.” Becky said with a grin.

     “At least you didn’t want anything really weird to eat.” Vicky said as she pulled a face. “Please don’t start wanting things like chips and custard, or anything like that.” Vicky added with another funny look.

     “I’ll try not to Vicky.” Becky said with a pout.

    Vicky pulled onto the drive at Mandy’s and then watched Becky enter the house before she drove off to go and spend some time cuddled up to Jenna at Mable’s.

    Becky went to the kitchen and put a mug of milk in the microwave so she could make herself a drinking chocolate before she went to bed. She wasn’t in any great rush to go up and climb into an empty bed with no one to cuddle up to. Becky was soon getting the cookie jar out and having some more cookies with her drink to kill some time, but she was soon having trouble keeping her eyes open, so she rinsed out her mug and put the cookie jar away again before going up to bed. She got undressed and removed her make up before getting in and running her hand across the empty pillow where Chrissy would normally be lying. Becky drifted off to sleep with tears wetting her pillow.


*****

    Chrissy woke and it took her a couple of seconds to remember where she was, but she just let out a sigh as she looked up at the ceiling in her room. She was missing waking up and being able to look at Becky, and then run off to take a shower together. Chrissy got up and took a quick shower before getting ready for work. She didn’t think it right to head down for breakfast in her bathrobe.

    Mable, Holly, Greg and Cathleen were all sat at the dining table having a drink when Chrissy walked into the room ready for work.

     “Morning everyone.” Chrissy said with a smile as she walked around the table giving them all a hug.

     “Are you going to work early today dear?” Mable asked when she saw that Chrissy was already dressed for work.

     “No, but I didn’t think it proper to come down in my bathrobe, or dressing gown.” Chrissy smiled, as she made her way over to the kitchen to sort herself some breakfast out.

     “I’ll come and sort you some breakfast out then dear.” Mable said as she went to get up, but Holly stopped her.

     “You sit and enjoy your cup of tea Mable; I’ll go and make Chrissy some breakfast.” Holly said as she got up and went after Chrissy.

    Chrissy was just opening the fridge door to get the milk out so she could have a bowl of cereal when she heard her mum speak to her.

     “What do you want for your breakfast then Chrissy? I’ll make you anything you want.” Holly smiled as she walked over and took the milk off Chrissy and put it back in the fridge. “I think we can do better than a bowl of cereal.” Holly added with a grin.

     “I’d love some of your French toast mum.” Chrissy pleaded with her.

     “Okay then, you go back and have a cup of tea, and I’ll sort it out for you.” Holly said. “How many slices?”

     “Can I have three please mum?”

     “Anything for you dear.” Holly smiled again as she watched Chrissy go back to the dining room.

    Chrissy had just sat down next to Cathleen when her mum poked her head round the kitchen door to ask if anyone else wanted any French toast.

     “I’m doing Chrissy some French toast for her breakfast, and I just wondered if anyone else wanted any?”

     “I won’t say no to some of your French toast love.” Greg said with a grin.

     “That sound like a nice change, so I’d love to try some Holly dear.” Mable said.

     “I’ve never tried French toast, is not the same as normal toast?” Cathleen asked with a puzzled look.

     “No, French toast is much nicer Cathleen.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “If Aunty Chrissy like it, then I know I will.” Cathleen said grinning at Holly.

    Holly smiled and then went back into the kitchen and started on breakfast. She brought the first couple of slicers in and gave them to Chrissy because she was the only one going out to work today at Mable’s.

    Cathleen sat looking at Chrissy’s plate, so Chrissy cut a peace off and popped it in Cathleen’s mouth.

     “MMM that tastes real good Chrissy.” Cathleen said just before she opened her mouth for another fork full.

    Chrissy had to smile when she thought it was like being back with Becky again, with how she was having one mouthful herself and giving the other one to Cathleen. Holly brought another plate full out and gave them to Cathleen, but put one of them on Chrissy’s plate to make up for the one she’d fed Cathleen.

    Holly had soon done enough for everyone that were up, and they all sat eating. Cathleen must have enjoyed it because she ate all hers and then helped Greg finish his.

    Chrissy was just enjoying a second cup of tea when they heard the doorbell, so Chrissy got up and went to see whom it was. She smiled and hugged Mandy and Amy as she let them in the house.

     “Hi Mandy, Amy. Do you want a cup of tea before we head off to work?” Chrissy asked, as she led the way back into the dining room where the others were.

     “No thanks sis, I want to try and get an early start, so we can get done a little earlier today.” Mandy said, as she stood waiting for Chrissy to go and get her purse so they could leave.

     “Oh I forgot its Saturday, so you’ll all be going to the club tonight right?” Chrissy asked, just before picking her purse up and checking to make sure she had everything.

     “Won’t you be coming with us Chrissy?” Amy asked looking sad at the news.

     “I’ve probably been banned from the club Amy. Don’t forget that it’s run by Becky.” Chrissy said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Becky would never stop you going to the club Chrissy, so you should come out with us and have some fun.” Amy said.

     “Spending a night having Becky starring daggers at me is not my idea of a fun night out Amy.” Chrissy sighed.

     “Oh, I didn’t think of that.” Amy looked sad as she said it. “It really sucks you and Becky being like this.” Amy added with a pout.

     “Tell me about it baby sister.” Chrissy said with a roll of the eyes.

    Chrissy gave Holly, Greg, Mable and Cathleen a hug before she left the house with Mandy and Amy to go to work.

    Mandy was tempted to tell Chrissy what she’d found out from Becky the night before, but then thought that Becky had made this mess, so it was up to her to try and sort it all out. Mandy didn’t want to be the one to explain to Chrissy why Becky thought she’d been cheating on her. Mandy wanted to get Chrissy and Becky in a room together, so they could both sort it out together.

    They got to the shop and set to work getting the orders together for the changing service. They never bothered sending any of the internet orders out, but they did get them packed so they had less to do on the Monday.

    The day went quick and they were soon closing the shop and heading home so Amy and Mandy could have a nap before they went out, and Chrissy was set to play some board games with Cathleen before settling down to another Disney film.


*****

    It was close to midday when Jayden got out of bed and wandered down to see if anyone was still in the house and up. Jayden made herself a mug of tea and then did herself a couple of slices of toast. She could hear Amber and Ann talking in the living room, so she took her drink and toast into the living room with her to see how they were both doing.

     “Hi Ann, Amber. Do either of you know if Becky and Chrissy have made any head way on their problem?” Jayden asked, as she sat on the sofa next to Ann.

    Amber was sat on one of the sofas working on her laptop as she spoke to Ann, but Ann was just flicking through a magazine while they spoke.

     “Sorry, but there’s no change there I’m afraid. Becky’s still looking for proof Chrissy cheated on her, and Chrissy is still stopping with Mable.” Ann said with a frown.

    Jayden was just about to say something else when she saw a set of photos on the coffee table that she’d forgot all about. “I can’t believe Chrissy kept these things. I thought she would have just thrown them away. Jayden said with a giggle as she picked up the pictures Becky had found in the bag Chrissy brought back with her from her little break.

     “So you know who that girl is in the photos?” Ann asked as she dropped the magazine and sat up to look at Jayden with her full attention now.

    Amber shut the lid down on her laptop and put it off to one side so she could give Jayden her full attention as well.

     “Yes I know her. We all know her, its Chrissy.” Jayden said with a funny look on her face as she put them back down on the table and picked up her mug again.

     “What do you mean it’s Chrissy?” Ann asked as she picked up one of the photos while Amber picked up another one.

    Both girls looked at the photo they had closer and closer until they both saw that is was Chrissy, but looking very different.

     “When did she look like this while she was with you Jayden?” Ann finally asked after looking at the photo for some time.

     “She never really looked like that at all.” Jayden said in a matter of fact way. “It was just after she started work at the club when she got talking to me and a couple of the other girls that worked at the club. Chrissy said she was thinking of changing her look, but wasn’t sure of where to start.” Jayden took a sip of her drink before she carried on speaking.

     “One of the girls at the club was doing a computer design course and she offered to show Chrissy some different looks and this was one of them.” Jayden said pointing at the photos on the coffee table. “Chrissy never liked any of them and neither did I, so she never changed anything in the end, as you can tell.” Jayden added just before taking a bite of her toast.

     “You never did tell me what they’re doing out?” Jayden asked, as she looked at Amber and Ann as they just kept looking at each other.

     “That’s the girl Becky thought Chrissy had a fling with. Why didn’t you tell Becky this story the other night when she showed you?” Ann asked looking shocked.

     “Becky never showed me any photos; if she had I would have told her.” Jayden said in her own defence. “I had no idea that Chrissy had kept any of the photos, never mind that Becky had found them and thought what she did.” Jayden looked a little upset over it all.

     “I’m sorry Jayden; I’m not blaming you for any of this. I just wish Becky had show Chrissy the photos and asked her what was going on with them.” Ann said, as she gave Jayden a hug.

     “What do we do now then Ann? Do we call Chrissy and let her know, or go up and tell Becky she got it all wrong?” Amber asked.

     “We wait for Becky to get up and then tell her what Jayden just said to us, and then it’s up to Becky from there.” Ann said as she sat back and looked at the other two.


*****

    Becky woke and rolled over to look at the clock. It said it was just after one in the afternoon, so she sat up and then slipped out of bed before going to the bathroom. Once she’d done in there she made her way down stairs to get something to eat and a drink. She got to the kitchen and put the kettle on then she put a couple of slices of bread in the toaster while she finished sorting out a cup of tea.

    Becky had just sat down at the kitchen table when Amber, Ann and Jayden all entered the kitchen from the living room and Ann was carrying the photos of the girl that Chrissy had hidden in the magazines she’d brought back with her.

     “Please don’t start on me, I’ve only just woke up and really don’t feel like another dressing down from any of you.” Becky said before any of them could speak.

     “We’re not here to have a go at you Becky.” Ann said as she sat down at the table, and then waited for the other two to take a seat at the table as well before speaking again. “We’ve found out who this girl is.” Ann added as she put the photos down on the table in front of Becky.

     “Who is she then?” Becky asked as she put her toast down and looked at them all with excitement.

     “Why didn’t you show me these photos the other night Becky? I could have saved you all this trouble if you had.” Jayden asked.

     “I was scared what your answer might have been. So who is she, and what is she to Chrissy?” Becky asked sounding eager to get an answer from them.

     “The mystery girl you think Chrissy had a fling with is Chrissy.” Jayden said as she tapped the photos on the table.

     “What? I don’t understand, that’s not Chrissy.” Becky said as she looked at them all like they’d gone mad.

    Jayden explained to Becky what she’d told Ann and Amber, and then Becky looked at the photos a little closer and she started to see that the girl did look a little like Chrissy now she thought about it.

     “Oh god what have I gone and done.” Becky said as she put her hands to her mouth and started to sob. “She’ll never speak to me again after all this.” Becky sobbed into her hands.

     “All you can do now Becky is go to Chrissy and tell her the truth and hope she can forgive you.” Ann said, as she hugged Becky while she sobbed on her shoulder.

     “I’ve been so stupid over all this, when I should have just showed her the photos and asked her what they were.” Becky said through more sobs.

    Becky finally stopped sobbing and then got up and went to get dressed so she could go round to Mable’s and wait for Chrissy to get home so she could go down on her knees and beg for Chrissy to forgive her for being so stupid and forcing her to move out.

    Ann and the others asked if she wanted them to go with her, but she said she needed to do this on her own. Becky was soon in her car and driving round to Mable’s house. Becky parked her car down the road so she didn’t scare Chrissy into not going into Mable’s house when she got home from work.

    Becky walked up the road and then up the driveway to Mable’s house, she rang the bell and waited for someone to let her in. Becky smiled when she saw Mable open the door to her.

     “Hi Mable. I was wondering if it would be okay for me to come in and wait for Chrissy to get home from work?” Becky asked looking nervous.

     “I was wondering how long it was going to take you to come to your senses and get this mess sorted out with Chrissy.” Mable said looking a little angry. “Come in and go to the dining room.” Mable added as she stepped aside and let Becky into the house.

    Becky walked into the dining room and found Holly and Greg sat at the table, but everyone else was out doing other stuff.

     “Hi Holly, Greg.” Becky said with a nervous smile as she took a seat at the table without giving either of them a hug.

     “Do we not get a hug any more then Becky and we’ve told you to call us mum and dad.” Holly said, as she held out her arms to get a hug from Becky.

    Becky jumped up and gave them both a hug. “I’m sorry mum, dad, but I wasn’t sure you’d want anything else to do with me after what I’ve done to Chrissy.” Becky said close to tears.

     “All married couples have problems Becky dear, but you’re here now to sort it out and that’s what counts in the long run.” Holly said with a smile as she hugged Becky again. “You are here to sort it out aren’t you?” Holly asked with a stern look at Becky.

     “Yes I am mum. I got it all wrong, Chrissy never did a thing. I was being stupid.” Becky said as she finally broke down and started sobbing again on Holly’s shoulder.

     “You’re not the first person to do a stupid thing Becky, and I’m sure you’ll do many more in the future, but you have to learn to sit down and talk them out with Chrissy. You can’t just accuse her of something if you don’t have all the facts.” Holly hugged and stroked Becky’s hair as she spoke to her.

     “I’m not even sure Chrissy will still speak to me after she finds out why I was angry with her.” Becky snuffled.

     “Chrissy has a pretty good idea why you’re angry with her, but she just can’t understand why you would think such a thing.” Holly sat Becky up so they could talk about it some more face to face.

    Becky dried her eyes with a tissue that Greg passed her, and then she explained to Holly, Greg and Mable, who had come back into the room and just taken her seat without saying a word, how she’d found the photos and then let her mind run off in some crazy direction that led to Chrissy moving out.

     “I’m sorry for thinking such a thing about your daughter.” Becky said at the end as she looked down at her lap. “I just wasn’t thinking straight when it all happened.” Becky added.

     “Sounds more like you just wasn’t thinking full stop.” Greg said with a huff. “That girl loves you with all her heart and you go and think something like that about her. Well I hope she’s willing to forgive you Becky, because I’m not sure I could.” Greg added looking a little upset.

     “Greg! There’s no need for all that.” Holly snapped.

     “I think there is dear.” Greg snapped back. “If they don’t have trust in each other, then what hope do they have for a long happy marriage?” Greg asked as he looked at his wife.

     “I do trust her Greg, and I love her with all my heart. I was just...” Becky couldn’t even find a word for how stupid she had been. “Please don’t argue because of me.” Becky fell to her knees at Greg’s feet and dropped her head in his lap as she started sobbing again.

    Becky stopped sobbing and looked up at Greg when he next spoke. “Pregnant or not young lady, the next time you call me Greg instead of dad, I’m going to take you across my knee and tan your backside for you.” Greg said it, but he was grinning to let Becky know he wouldn’t really, and that he was still her friend.

     “Sorry dad.” Becky said, as she looked up at him from where she was on the floor at his feet.

     “That’s better, now get up off the floor and give me another hug. Greg said as he held out his arms.

    Becky jumped up as best she could being pregnant and gave her dad a hug before taking her seat between Greg and Holly again to wait for Chrissy to get home from work.


*****

    Mandy pulled up outside Mable’s and waited for Chrissy to get out the car. Amy and Mandy weren’t stopping as they wanted to get home so they could take a nap before they went to the club. Amy wasn’t looking forward to going, as she wouldn’t have Chrissy there with her to go on the dance floor, but Chrissy had made her promise to try and have a good time with Amber without her, so she was going anyway.

    Chrissy waved to them as she watched them drive off down the road, then she let out a sigh and made her way up the drive to let herself in Mable’s so she could go and take a shower and then see if she could help sort out dinner before playing some board games with Cathleen for the rest of the night.

    Amy was just about to say something to Mandy as they drove down the road, but never got it out due to Mandy hitting the breaks and bringing the car to a stop in the middle of the road.

     “Can you warn a girl next time you’re going to stop like that!” Amy shouted, as she rubbed her shoulder where the seat belt just dug into her. “Why have you stopped anyway?” Amy asked, as she tried to see what caused Mandy to stop so suddenly for anyway.

     “I think things between Chrissy and Becky could be sorted out sooner than we think.” Mandy said with a grin as she pointed at a car parked next to where Mandy had stopped.

    Amy looked at the car and knew right away that it was Becky’s due to the private number plate it had, so she let a grin spread across her face. “Do you really think she’s gone to fix things with Chrissy, and she’s not just found the proof she needed to accuse her instead?” Amy asked looking a little worried now.

     “I’m hoping for option A myself.” Mandy smiled, as she pulled off again after getting some car horns sounding because she’d blocked the road.

     “Don’t you think we should go back and make sure everything goes alright?” Amy asked as she kept looking over her shoulder like she could see what was going to happen back at Mable’s.

     “No, we need to give them both some time to sort this out baby sister.” Mandy said, as she kept heading towards home. “Besides Mable and Holly are both there, so they will make sure it all goes alright.” Mandy added as she put a hand on Amy’s leg and gave it a squeeze as she smiled.

    Chrissy went into the house and was just about to go up to her room, but thought she better say hi to everyone first, and make sure her mum and dad were both okay.

     “Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all...” Was all Chrissy said before she looked up and saw Becky sat at the dining table with her mum, dad and Mable. She soon got her thoughts back together and carried on speaking. “I’m sorry to disturb you all, I had no idea you’d got company. I just wanted to let you know I was home, and I’m just going to take a shower.” Chrissy said, as she turned around and left the room again.

    Chrissy had just taken her coat off and hung it up in her wardrobe when there was a knock at her door, so she walked over and opened it expecting to see Becky stood there ready to have another go at her, but she found her mum stood there looking very upset with her.

     “I think you better come back down stairs this minute young lady.” Holly said in a firm voice as she stepped to one side and pointed towards the stairs.

     “I’m sorry mum, but I’m not going to sit and argue with Becky while she accuses me of more things I never did.” Chrissy said, as she defied her mum and turned around and walked away back into her room.

    Holly let out a sigh as she realised the firm mother approach wasn’t going to work, so she entered Chrissy’s room to try the caring mum instead.

     “Chrissy, Becky has come to talk to you about what happened, and I think you should come down and hear her out.” Holly said, as she walked over and stopped Chrissy from getting undressed. “She’s not here to accuse you of anything else, or even what she first thought you did. Please come down and talk to her.” Holly looked Chrissy in the eyes and smiled at her.

    Part of Chrissy just wanted to run down and throw her arms around Becky and forgive her for everything, but a bigger part of her was angry that Becky didn’t trust her enough to even talk to her before jumping to conclusions, but she would like to hear what Becky had to say still, so she slipped her shoes back on and the followed her mum out the room.

    Mable had moved Becky to the TV room so she and Chrissy could talk in private. Becky was sat on one of the sofas when Holly led Chrissy into the room and smiled at them both before leaving again and closing the door behind her.

    Chrissy just stood looking at Becky like she was waiting for something. She didn’t have to wait long before Becky spoke.

     “Hi Chrissy.” Becky said looking nervous all of a sudden.

     “Hi Chrissy. Is that all you have to say after what you said to me the other night?” Chrissy asked, as she folded her arms looking angry.

     “No I have more to say. Please come and sit down so we can talk properly about what happened the other night.” Becky asked, as she patted the seat next to her.

    Chrissy took a seat, but it was on another sofa facing the one Becky was sat on. Becky could tell that this wasn’t going to be as easy as she first hoped it would.

     “Well I’m waiting, so speak away. Let me know what other amazing things I’ve done to make you hate me.” Chrissy said heavy with sarcasm to hide the way she was really feeling.

     “I’m sorry about all that Chrissy. I was wrong about everything, and I am truly sorry about everything I said to you the other night.” Becky said with her hands on her heart.

     “I’d like to know what made you think such a thing in the first place Becky.” Chrissy asked, wanting to get some answers for her actions. “Have I done something to make you think I was seeing someone behind your back?” Chrissy asked letting her anger show a little.

     “No, it was all me Chrissy. I was sorting out the bag we used to go and help your mum and dad, and I came across an envelope with some photos of a girl in them.” Becky said as she started playing with a button on her coat. “I thought that you might have had feelings for this girl, and that was why you’d kept the photos and hid them from me.” Becky added so ashamed of what she’d thought to even look up at Chrissy now.

    Chrissy just sat with a puzzled look on her face until the lights came on in her mind and it clicked as to what photos Becky was talking about. “You’ve ended our marriage over a stupid set of photo that some girl made of me?” Chrissy asked in shock. “Why didn’t you just come and ask me about them instead of accusing me of having an affair with her?” Chrissy pleaded with Becky.

    Becky was just sat looking at Chrissy in total shock of what she’d just said about their marriage being over that nothing else was going in.

     “Over? What do you mean the marriage is over Chrissy?” Becky finally got out.

     “What did you think was going to happen when you accused me like you did?” Chrissy asked. “You must have known it was going to be the end of everything if you’d been right and I had been with another woman while I was away.” Chrissy added.

     “Please Chrissy don’t do this, I’m really sorry about everything. I wasn’t thinking straight” Becky pleaded with her.

     “I didn’t do this Becky, you did remember!” Chrissy was starting to cave in as she watched Becky crying on the other sofa, but she was still angry that Becky thought she’d had an affair. “I need some time to take all this in Becky, and I need to calm down a little, so I think you better leave and I’ll call you when I’m ready to talk some more.” Chrissy said in a calm voice, as she got up and left the room to return to her bedroom.

    Chrissy fell on the bed in her room and started sobbing her heart out. She felt like she was being pulled in a thousand different directions at the same time.

    Becky just sat on the sofa in the TV room feeling numb for some time, as she let it sink in that she could be raising the babies as a single mum now, and all because she had some crazy idea that Chrissy had seen some other woman. She also knew that Chrissy had a point about the outcome. What was she going to do if she had been right?

    Mable, Holly and Greg all looked over at Becky when she left the TV room and just stood there looking at them. They could all tell that it hadn’t gone the way she’d hoped.

     “I take that look to mean Chrissy hasn’t gone up to get her things then Becky?” Mable asked.

     “No, she’s saying the marriage is over because I don’t trust her anymore.” Becky said in a monotone, still to numb to feel anything. “I better be going, or I’ll never be ready for work later.” Becky added as she looked at the time. It was hours before she needed to start getting ready for work, but she just wanted to get out the house and go home.

     “Will you be okay driving dear? You don’t look like you should be behind the wheel at the minute.” Holly asked looking worried.

    Becky was just about to say she’d be okay when the front door opened and they saw Jenna, Cathleen and Vic enter the dining room. They could all tell by the look on Becky’s face that things weren’t any better between her and Chrissy.

     “Vic dear, can you do me a favour and run Becky home? I don’t think she should be driving at the minute.” Mable said as she looked at Vic.

     “Sure Mable. May I ask what’s happened now?” Vic asked looking worried at the way Becky was still looking off into space.

     “Chrissy’s left me, and says the marriage is over.” Becky said as though she was in a dream, and would wake up any minute. Becky turned and started walking towards the front door, so Vic ran after her.

     “I think you better go with him Jenna, I’ll keep an eye on Cathleen for you.” Mable said as she looked at Jenna.

    Jenna was soon outside and helping to get Becky in the back of Vic’s car so they could take her back to Mandy’s. Jenna sat and cuddled with Becky in the back of the car while Becky sobbed on her shoulder. Vic was soon pulling onto Mandy’s drive and they got Becky out the car and Vic picked her up and carried her into the house.

     “Mandy, anyone! Can we get some help here?” Jenna shouted as they entered the house.

    Mandy and the others came running out the kitchen expecting to be helping Chrissy bring her bags in the house, but they all stopped smiling when they saw Vic with Becky in his arms.

     “What’s wrong with her Vic?” Mandy asked, as she ran over to look at Becky.

     “The meeting with Chrissy didn’t go very well.” Vic said as he went to the living room to put Becky down on one of the sofas.

     “What the hell happened to make Becky look like this?” Mandy asked, as she helped Vic put Becky down and then she sat down and pulled Becky into a hug.

    Becky just started sobbing again as she felt Mandy hugging her. “She’s not coming back Mandy. Chrissy said the marriage is over.” Was all Becky said as she cried into Mandy’s shoulder.

    Amy, Amber, Ann and Jayden all looked on in shock when they heard what Becky just said.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well the only silver lining in this

... is if they get together again, Becky will never try this again.

So this turns out to be the great photoshopping mystery for goodness sakes.

Funny that it is Chrissy that is growing up faster than Becky is as I had always thought Becky was the more worldly one of the two.

Still though no matter what, Chrissy will have to support Becky for she is responsible enough to want to protect her children.

Look forward to see what twisted road it will take to get that to happen.

Kim

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 17 By SaraUK

WOW! Another tearjerker full of revelations and anger. You sure know how to keep us wanting more.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Is there any hope of the girls ever getting their act together and stopping jumping to negative conclusions all the time?

What Chrissy said: “You’ve ended our marriage over a stupid set of photo that some girl made of me? What did you think was going to happen when you accused me like you did? I didn’t do this Becky, you did remember! I need some time to take all this in Becky, and I need to calm down a little, so I think you better leave and I’ll call you when I’m ready to talk some more.”

Becky's interpretation: “No, she’s saying the marriage is over because I don’t trust her anymore. She’s not coming back Mandy. Chrissy said the marriage is over.”

Sigh. If only they'd talk instead of bottling it all up and letting bits slip out to others, they wouldn't get into such situations so easily. I think Becky's starting to realise that she's got to start trusting Chrissy more if their marriage is to succeed into the long term. I recognise that jumping to negative conclusions is an integral part of their personality, but if they could just learn to talk to others about it and get the conflicts resolved within minutes rather than days, their lives would be so much more pleasant.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I think Chrissy is handling

I think Chrissy is handling the situation correctly. Becky needs to let go of her insecurity about her relationship with Chrissy. Hopefully she can do it sooner than later.

Thanks for the new posting Sarah.