You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 29

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 29

Chapter 71

(Authors Note: The following is Callum’s time line of events that leads up to the meeting
with Jayden and the others in the Shopping Center (mall) at the end of the last chapter.)

    Callum walked into the office on the Wednesday after taking the last week off to let Kara spend some time with her mother. Some of the girls asked if he’d had a nice time. But he soon saw a reason to not be back at work when he saw Stephen Adams making his way over to Callum’s office door with a big grin on his face.

     “Callum old buddy! How was the week off?” Stephen asked as he entered Callum’s office and closed the door behind him.

    Callum found this to be a little odd, as Stephen was normally showing off and wanting the whole office to hear about his latest adventure in one way or another. “It was fine Stephen, what can I help you with?” Callum just wanted to get back to work and catch up on anything that needed sorting out.

     “I just wanted to know how the track day was with your step dad?” Stephen asked with a grin. “I bumped into Jayden, your mum and your sister the other day, and they told me that you were having fun driving some sports cars around a track. Sounds like a fun day out.” Stephen added.

     “Yes it was a fun day out.” Callum said, not wanting to go into any great detail, due to him not having any to give, as he never went and did any of it.

     “Looked to me like your sister wanted to be with you and your step dad instead of being stuck shopping with your mum and Jayden.” Stephen chuckled.

     “They all seemed to have had a good time when I spoke to them later in the day.” Callum said as he carried on checking his emails, hoping that Stephen would get bored and leave if he saw that Callum was too busy to talk.

     “I never knew you even had a sister up until a couple of weeks ago that is.” Stephen said as he sat down in a seat facing Callum’s desk.

    Callum suddenly stopped what he was doing, so he could give Stephen his full attention. “What do you mean up until a couple of weeks ago?” Callum asked with a nervous edge to his voice.

     “I saw your girlfriend out with another woman that looked a little like you, so I just assumed that she must be some sort of relation to you. Then I saw her again on Thursday with Jayden and your mum.” Stephen smiled.

     “My sister has friends that live in London, so she comes down every now and then, so she gets together with Jayden for Lunch, and to gossip about me and the things we did as kids.” Callum lied. “You know, normal stuff siblings say about each other.” Callum added with a nervous chuckle.

     “Do you know if your sister is seeing anybody at the minute?” Stephen asked.

     “Yes she’s in a serious relationship right now.” Callum said, and thought he wasn’t lying about it really. Kara was going steady with Jayden.

     “That’s a shame, I was going to take a crack it her.” Stephen said looking smug. Like he could get any woman he wanted.

     “Look Stephen! I don’t know if I’ve been giving you the wrong idea, but I really can’t see the point to you asking me all these questions about my girlfriend and my family.” Callum said. Finally losing his cool. “I don’t want to be friends with you, I never have, and I never will. So why don’t you go and annoy someone else.” Callum added.

     “It’s a real shame you feel that way Callum, or should I just call you Kara instead?” Stephen asked as he put a pack of photos down on Callum’s desk and slid them over to him.

    Callum’s hands were shaking as he picked up the packet and pulled out a set of photos showing him dressed as Kara while out shopping with Jayden and the others from a couple of weeks ago. Callum had pulled a sick day and then gone out shopping dressed as Kara. Callum remembered Stephen calling him to chat about some pointless subject while he was walking along talking to Becky.

     “What do you want from me to make these go away Stephen?” Callum asked, already knowing that he was about to be blackmailed.

     “You and I are going to become good friends Callum. You will also help me keep on top of my work load, as well as helping me do a little shopping, both as Callum, and your sister Kara.” Stephen was now grinning as he leaned back in the chair looking very smug with himself.

     “Shopping? Why would you need Kara to go shopping for you?” Callum asked looking confused. I’m sure you’re old enough to buy your own cigarettes and condoms by now.”

     “You’ll find out soon enough, but for now I just need you to type up all these reports for me, then I’ll meet you for lunch, and you can meet a friend of mine.” Stephen got up and left Callum’s office after leaving a stack of files for him to go through and type up.

    Callum was in shock, he was now being blackmailed by an asshole, and he could do nothing about it, not without losing his job. Callum set to work on the reports and he soon had them done, and then he got his own work done just in time for lunch.

    Stephen waltzed into Callum’s office at lunch time and told Callum to go with him, as they were going out for lunch. “I need you to buy a couple of things for me from a shop just down the road.” Stephen said as he led Callum out the company head quarters where they worked and down to the car park where Stephen’s car was parked.

     “Right, I need you to go in this shop and buy a watch just like this one.” Stephen said as he held up a picture of a wrist watch that had a price tag of nearly five hundred pounds.

     “You’ve got to be insane if you think I’ve got that kind of money to just throw around!” Callum shouted as he looked at the photo of the watch Stephen expected him to walk into the jewellery shop and buy.

     “I don’t expect you to pay for it with your own money Callum. I just need you to buy it with this credit card.” Stephen pulled a credit card out his pocket, but the card had somebody else’s name on it, not Stephen’s. “Remember these four numbers. You’ll need them when you pay for the watch.” Stephen added as he showed Callum a set of four numbers that were the pin number for the credit card he was now holding.

     “You’re telling me that this is a stolen credit card, and you expect me to use it to help you steal from people?” Callum asked, shocked to find out just how Stephen got all the extra cash and expensive clothes he always saw him with.

     “Wow, you are the bright one, and I do expect you to walk into that shop and come out with a watch just like that one.” Stephen pointed at the picture still sat on Callum’s lap. “Or the whole company will find out about your little hobby.” Stephen smiled as he dropped another picture of Callum dressed as Kara into his lap.

    Callum looked at the pin number for the credit card again and said it a couple of times to himself until he knew he could remember it, then he got out the car and took a couple of deep breaths before walking into the jewellery shop and walking over to where the watches were. It didn’t take long for a woman to walk over and ask if he needed any help.

     “Good afternoon sir. Can I help you with anything?” The shop assistant asked with a smile.

     “Good afternoon miss, yes you can. I would like to take a closer look at these two watches please.” Callum asked as he saw the one from the photo and another one just so it looked like he was still trying to make his mind up as to which one he wanted. Walking in and picking the right watch right away he thought would look a little odd, and he didn’t want to get caught using a stolen credit card.

     “You have excellent taste in watches sir.” The woman smiled as she pulled out the two watches and laid them down on the counter so Callum could look at them a little more closely.

    Callum picked them up first one at a time to look at the detail, then both together checking the weight. “I think I’ll take this one please miss.” Callum said as he held up the one that Stephen had just shown him the picture for in the car.

     “Excellent choice sir. Would you like it gift wrapped?” The woman asked as she put the watch in its posh looking case.

     “No thank you, just one of your normal bags will do just fine.” Callum smiled as he handed the woman his credit card, or the card that Stephen had given him.

    The woman took the card and put it in the machine, and then she punched in all the details about the sale before handing Callum the machine for him to enter his pin. The machine beeped a couple of times and the woman smiled as she handed over the credit card, receipt and the bag with the watch in it.

     “Thank you for shopping with us sir, and have a good day.” The woman smiled as Callum took the bag and then walked from the shop just like he’d done nothing wrong. The only thing that could give him away at the minute would be if the woman could hear how fast Callum’s heart was beating.

    Callum got back in the car and went to pass Stephen the watch, but Stephen put the car in gear and pulled away from the curb, so Callum just kept hold of the bag as he let Stephen drove him to anther shop just down the road.

     “Well done Callum, now I want you to do the same thing again, but with a different watch this time. Just make sure it’s around the same price tag, but use this credit card this time, and here is the pin number for it.” Stephen said as he showed Callum another four digit pin that went with the new credit card he had.

    Callum memorized the new pin and then got out the car and did the same as he’d done at the last shop. Stephen had him do the same thing two more times at different shops before they had to get back to the office to start their afternoon shift. Stephen now had nearly two thousand pounds worth of watches sat in the trunk of his car when they walked back into the office.

     “That was a good first day Callum, now I want you to meet me at this address tonight at seven. Don’t be late; I need you to meet a friend of mine.” Stephen smiled just before walking into the office complex to carry on working their afternoon shift.

    Callum parked just down the road from the address on the piece of paper that Stephen had given him. Just before seven, Callum got out his car and then walked up the road to the address and rang the bell. Stephen answered the door and let Callum step inside before closing the door again and then leading him into a room where a woman was sat on a sofa. It looked like the woman had been waiting for him to arrive.

     “You look very different now to how you looked on Saturday when I last saw you.” The new woman said as she stood up and walked over to where Callum was stood just inside the room.

    Callum looked at the woman and thought that they had met some place before, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. “Do I know you?” Callum asked.

     “NO, we’ve never met before, but I was watching on Saturday as you helped the police take my younger sister away in handcuffs.” The woman lost a little of her cool as she said the last bit.

     “You were there with your sister?” Callum asked, shocked that this woman could just stand by and let her family be taken away like that, and not try to help her out.

     “Yes I was there, but we never step in if the other gets caught. She’ll be out in a couple of days, once they realise that they can’t get any more information out of her. Until then though, we plan to put your talent of looking like a girl to good use.” The woman smiled as she ran a finger down the side of Callum’s face.

     “You expect me to keep stealing for you?” Callum asked.

     “Yes we do, and you will be doing as both Callum and Kara.” The woman smiled. “Stephen told me you were very good at it today, and you picked out three very nice watches.” The woman added as she walked over to the table in the room and picked up what looked like a mobile phone.

     “You can tell who ever you want about my dressing up, but I won’t be stealing anymore stuff with you or for you.” Callum said, as he put his foot down.

     “You should have thought of that before you walked into a shop and stole that watch using a stolen credit card Callum.” The woman pouted as she showed Callum a video that she must have taken while Callum was buying the first watch. “You will keep doing exactly what we tell you to keep doing Callum, or you will be going to prison for a very long time.” The woman smiled as she ran a hand down the side of Callum’s face, just before she slapped him hard enough to leave a red hand print on the side of his face.

    Callum suddenly realised just how stupid he’d been to let Stephen talk him into walking into that first shop, but then he had done it three more times, and each time he had gone in alone and probably been caught on camera each time. Callum realised that he was knee deep in shit with no way out as he could see.

     “Be here bright an early on Saturday morning, and bring all the things you need to become this Kara.” The woman smiled. “She and I are going to have a fun day of shopping.” She added with a grin.

    Callum walked back to his car and felt sick as he sat behind the wheel. He jumped when he heard his phone start ringing. He looked to see who it was and saw it was Jayden calling him.

     “Hi Babe.” Callum said as he answered the call. Happy to be talking to Jayden, but also feeling ashamed for what he’d done today. Jayden had already said how much she hated people like the woman that had been caught on Saturday. Now he was helping that woman’s sister do the very same thing.

     “Hi Callum, is everything alright? You sound tired.” Jayden’s voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “I’m fine, just a busy first day back at work.” Callum sighed.

     “Do you feel like getting together and doing something?” Jayden asked sounding hopeful.

     “Do you mind if I take a rain check baby? I just want to crash out and get an early night.” Callum said, feeling like he just couldn’t face Jayden at the minute. “I wouldn’t be the best company at the minute anyway.” Callum added.

     “Okay, I understand Callum. Go home and get some rest, and I’ll see you on Saturday then, we can do something then.” Jayden added with a smile in her voice.

     “I’ve got to work Saturday, sorry. Got some conference to go to. I’ll give you a call later in the week. Love you. Bye.” Callum said just before ending the call. He didn’t like lying to Jayden, but he couldn’t let her get dragged into this with him. It was bad enough that his life was going down the drain; he wasn’t going to let Jayden get dragged down with him, or any of the others.

    Stephen took Callum out on the Thursday and Friday lunch times to buy more things with yet more stolen credit cards. Always jewellery of some sort, and Stephen let Callum pick what he brought just as long as it was expensive. Callum grabbed himself some glasses to wear, so he looked a little different when being caught on camera in the store, and he tried to see where the cameras were when he entered, so he could hide his face if possible.

    Callum could feel himself getting further and further in to trouble as each day passed, and he stole yet more stuff. Even though he was paying the shops for the items he brought, he was still doing it using some poor person’s stolen credit cards.

    Jayden had called and spoke to Callum most nights, but Callum just couldn’t talk for too long because all the lies were beginning to get to him. He was beginning to feel like he was cheating on her with Stephen and this mystery woman that he’d only met the once so far. That was due to change though as Callum packed up everything he’d need to become Kara and then go shopping with this woman.

     Callum parked his car right outside the house he’d gone to the other night, and he grabbed his bags out the trunk of his car and made his way up to the front door. Stephen let him in the house, and then led him to a bedroom so he could get started on his transformation into a woman. Stephen led Callum into a bedroom with a large vanity for him to use. The woman from the other night was sat over the far side of the room watching, but not saying a word. Stephen went over to join her, and they both watched, waiting for Callum to get started.

    Not trusting them one bit, Callum looked around the room as he put the bags down, and he soon noticed that there was a mobile phone propped up where they didn’t expect him to notice it.

    “The sneaky bastards are trying to catch this on video as well.” Callum thought to himself. Callum pulled out his makeup kit and then threw the bag further out of the way than he needed to, but it had the desired effect of knocking over the phone and covering it up without either Stephen or the woman noticing what he’d just done.

    Callum set to work as though he was on his own and just getting ready for a night out with Jayden, the only difference being he put on normal daytime clothes and not a fancy dress. Callum could hear the woman moving around in her seat as she watched Callum disappear and Kara emerge in his place. He’d even attached the breast forms and concealed the edges using the makeup that Cathy and Chrissy had shown him how to use. Callum knew how much it turned Jayden on to watch Kara take shape, and he thought it must be getting to this bitch with Stephen the same way.

    Once Kara was dressed and looking cute in her summer dress and heels, Callum took a couple of minutes to work on his voice to make it sound more feminine.

     “Okay then, let’s go and do some shopping.” Kara smiled as she let the two of them look at her as she stood up and let them hear her voice fully for the first time. Kara let a little smile show on her face when she saw the looks they both gave her. Neither could believe that the same man that entered the room was now ready to leave it looking like a cute girl.

    The woman stood and walked over to Kara before grinning and then leading her from the room to sort out her own things so they could leave to start a day of shopping. “I think this could work really well Kara.” The woman smiled as she handed Kara a purse with some bits in, while she put some credit cards in her own purse. “I’ll give you each card to use just before you enter each shop I want you to use it in. If you get made, then you’re on your own.” The woman warned.

     “I just need to load my stuff up in my car again before we leave.” Kara said as she started walking towards the bedroom again.

     “No! All your male stuff stays here, along with all your money and keys. I think your phone will be fine left here as well.” The woman grinned. “Don’t want you getting cold feet part way through the day, do we?” she added with an evil chuckle.

    Callum had to hide a smirk though when he heard Stephen cursing from the other room. Callum thought he must have just found out they didn’t get any footage of Callum becoming Kara. The woman frowned at Kara, so she must have realised the same thing.

     “Better luck next time bitch.” Kara thought. She knew that they would find another way to get video of Callum becoming Kara, just so they had even more stuff on him, so he would not become Kara again while with them, He would arrive already dressed after today.

     “I’ve just realised that I don’t know your name hon, what do you want me to call you?” Kara asked with a smile, acting just like they were a couple of friends going out to shop.

     “Just call me Deb for today, but that’s not my real name.” The woman said as she opened the front door and let Kara leave before stepping out herself and closing the door behind her.

     “Isn’t Stephen coming with us today?” Kara asked as Deb led the way to a little silver sports car and unlocked the doors on it using the key fob.

     “No, he has other things to sort out today, so it’s just us girls.” Deb said with a smile, but Kara could see that she was just being bitchy.

     “And to think that people say, crime doesn’t pay.” Kara smiled as she opened the car door as she looked at the nice machine Deb drove around in.

     “Just get in the car so we can get started.” Deb warned as she vanished into the car.

     “I was only trying to make some polite conversation Deb.” Kara huffed.

     “Just do as you’re told, and we’ll get on just fine.” Deb said as she started the car and sped off down the road.

    Kara found herself going back to the same jewellery stores Stephen had taken Callum too, but now Kara was buying rings and necklaces. Then Deb took her to some high end clothing stores and had her buying clothes and coats. They would hit a couple of shops then take the stuff back to the car before starting again. It went on like this all day. Kara was glad when Deb said they were going home.

    Deb parked outside the house and then made Kara help her take all the stuff into the house before letting Kara go and get changed. Deb was shocked when she saw Kara just collect all her stuff and then leave the house still dressed as a girl.

     “I gather Stephen will let me know when I’m to report to you again?” Kara said as she stood just inside the front door.

     “You will be here bright and early again tomorrow ready for another day of the same. I’d try and change your look a little though; we don’t want you getting caught do we.” Deb smiled, but didn’t look bothered if Kara did get caught.

     “I can’t just drop everything and do this with you when ever you want. I do have a life of my own to take care of.” Kara snapped.

     “Do I look like a give a shit what you want, need or think!” Deb snapped back. “Be here in the morning ready to become Kara again, or you won’t like what happens to you next.” Deb warned.

    Kara left the house and slammed the door on her way out. Callum knew he had to think of some way out of all this, but at the minute he was coming up with nothing useful. Kara thought about going to the club, but thought that Jayden would want her to go back home with her, and she would never get round to Deb’s house the next morning. So she went home and just went to sleep with the breast forms attached to save time in the morning.


*****

    Kara arrived at the house Sunday morning and was greeted by a surprised looking Deb when she saw it was Kara and not Callum she opened it too.

     “I thought you’d come as Callum again? And then get changed here?” Deb asked, not looking happy by this turn of events.

     “I just thought it better to come and go as Kara. Less trouble that way.” Kara smiled.

    Kara had to hide a smirk when she saw Stephen step out the bedroom looking just as pissed off as Deb did when she saw Callum already dressed as Kara.

     “I think it best if you come here as Callum and then get changed.” Stephen said as he entered the room fully.

     “You can think what you want Stephen, but I’m still not going to be doing it.” Kara almost sang. “I saw that you were trying to film me getting changed yesterday, and I bet you’ve just finished setting up something a little better to get it all on film today. So you can get stuffed if you think I’ll be changing around either of you again.” Kara said in a flat tone.

     “Don’t start getting cocky you little fairy, or we can make things even worse for you.” Stephen warned with anger in his voice.

     “Or you’ll what? Ask you mistress here if you can spank me?” Kara said in a mocking tone. “I already know that she’s the brains behind all this, because you’re just too stupid to think of it.” Kara added with a mocking laugh this time.

    Stephen made a move towards Kara, but stopped when Deb stepped between them. “Back off Stephen. Can’t you see that this is what the little tranny is goading you for?”

     “You sneaky little bitch.” Stephen growled as he stepped back.

     “You should know.” Kara frowned as she looked at Deb before looking back at Stephen again.

     “I’m going to enjoy watching Deb pull your life apart.” Stephen said just before Deb snapped at him to shut his mouth.

    Kara was beginning to see that Deb was the one in charge, and she had plans to take Callum’s life apart, and using Kara to do so. Kara was glad that Stephen had trouble keeping his mouth shut when he got mad, or sometimes when he got cocky.

    Callum had found out little bits from Stephen over the past couple of days while they went out at lunchtime buying stuff. Stephen had no idea where Deb got all the credit cards from. Callum had found out that it was just Stephen, Deb and her sister, but the sister was still being held by the police. Thanks to the video and all the stolen cards that they had found on her at the hotel.

     “Let’s get going. I want to hit the large electrical shops today and buy some TV’s and stuff.” Deb said as she let Stephen lead Kara out to a van they had parked on the driveway. Stephen got behind the wheel and Kara got in the passenger side, while Deb took her car and followed close behind.

    Kara spent the day playing Stephen’s girlfriend as they went from store to store buying TV’s. DVD players and lots of little things like iPods and MP3 players. Stephen soon got bored with waiting for Kara to finish paying for the stuff, so he would wonder off looking at other stuff, so Kara started filling in the paperwork for the in store warranty and putting down Deb’s address. Stephen never noticed Kara taking longer to finish each transaction, and Kara knew that it would leave a paper trail that led back to Deb. Kara wasn’t sure if the house was in Deb’s name, or if it was just another scam she and her sister was running on someone. Deb seemed to have quite the devious mind, but Kara would settle for causing trouble were she could for now.

    They finally called it a day and Kara got out the van at Deb’s house and went straight to her car and got in without saying a word to Deb or Stephen before she drove off to go home and get changed back into Callum, so he could go round and spend some time with Jayden.

    Jayden smiled when she opened the front door and saw Callum stood there smiling at her. “Hi Babe. Do you fancy going out and grabbing a spot of dinner and maybe a movie?” Callum asked.

     “Sounds like a great idea.” Jayden grinned as she pulled Callum into the house before she ran off to get ready.

    Callum found Chrissy, Becky Amy and Amber all sat in the living room talking why the telly played music videos in the background.

     “Hi everyone.” Callum smiled as he did a quick wave of his hand. “I hope you don’t mind if I borrow Jayden for the night and take her out to dinner and a movie?”

     “No, not at all Callum.” Chrissy grinned. “Jayden said that work’s been keeping you pretty busy the past couple of days?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes it has, and it doesn’t look like getting better anytime soon.” Callum sighed. He wanted to try and set the ground work for him not being around much until he could get this thing with Stephen and Deb sorted out.

    Jayden was soon back down stairs ready to head out for some dinner before going to see a movie. They both said goodbye to the others and then Callum led her out to his car and helped her to get in before getting behind the wheel.

     “I’m really happy to see you Callum; I was beginning to think I might have upset you in some way.” Jayden smiled as she watched Callum driving the car.

     “I’m sorry about not being around much at the minute, but the company’s got me teamed up with Stephen on a project, and I just can’t get rid of him at the minute.” Callum frowned.

     “Feel free to stay away as much as you need to then Callum. I don’t want to spend any more time with that man than I have too.” Jayden said with a shudder as she thought about the horrid man Callum had to work with.

     “I wish I had that option.” Callum chuckled, but he really did wish he’d got a choice.

    Callum was soon parking his car in a restaurant car park and walking Jayden inside so they could eat. A waiter had only just seated them both when Callum looked over and saw Stephen and Deb walk in to the same restaurant and look straight at Callum before telling the waiter that they wanted a table for two. Jayden had her back to them, so she didn’t notice Stephen walk in. It looked like Stephen was just about to shout to Callum when Callum saw Deb ram her elbow into Stephen’s side to stop him.

    “Great, the bastards are following me now.” Callum thought to himself as he tried to remain calm in front of Jayden. Callum realised that he would have to keep away from Jayden until he could sort out this problem. He didn’t want to give them anything to use against Jayden as well.

    Callum was nervous the entire meal as he could see the two of them watching him with Jayden. Callum didn’t like the way Stephen was looking at Jayden, but he couldn’t very well go over and have him about it, and as it stood at the minute, they had more on him than he had on each of them. Callum had been keeping all the credit card receipts though. Stephen and Deb didn’t seem interested in them. The only one Stephen had ever asked for was the very first one he got on Wednesday.

     “Are you sure you want to go and watch a movie Callum? You look distracted by something.” Jayden asked when she’d asked Callum the same question twice, and still not got an answer from him.

     “I’m sorry Jayden. I think it would be best if I just took you home again after the meal.” Callum sighed. “I’ll make it up to you once I get this project sorted out, promise!” Callum added.

    Callum didn’t think he was lying when he said that, he would have all the time in the world, once he got Stephen and Deb off his back.

    They finished their meal and Callum paid the bill before leading Jayden back out to his car in such a way that she didn’t see Stephen sat eating with a woman as they walked past their table. Callum thought he saw Stephen go to say something as they past, but Callum just heard a grunt of pain. Deb must have kicked him under the table. “She really is the brains behind all this.” Callum thought to himself.

    Callum didn’t want to risk running into his shadows anywhere else, so he drove Jayden straight home and then sat in the car for ten minutes just kissing. Callum waited for Jayden to enter the house before driving away, to go home and form a plan to get something he could use on either Stephen or Deb.

    Once at home, Callum fired up his PC and then started looking for spy stuff on the internet. He soon found just what he was looking for. He found that you could buy little USB memory stick spy style voice recorders, so he ordered up half a dozen of them and hoped he could get some dirt on them, or just keep tabs on what they had planned for him in the long term.

    Reading the specs on the recorders, Callum would be able to record up to sixty hours of conversation, but the charge would last for up to four hours at a time. Callum thought that should be more than enough to find out their plans for him, and much more stuff they must talk about when he wasn’t with them.

    Callum paid for express delivery on the recorders, and they were on his front door when he got home on the Tuesday night. He soon had his laptop and home PC fired up charging a couple of the USB recorders ready for him to start using on the Wednesday. They looked just like a normal memory stick, so he’d be fine to leave one on his desk when Stephen came in to start gloating about where they would be going at lunch time. Stephen always came in mid morning to inform Callum of what he would be buying at lunchtime each day. Deb was going to be the tricky one to get on record, as she didn’t like Talking to Kara or Callum about anything. With her sister still being held by the police, and her not being able to go and see her, must have really been winding her up. That thought made Callum smile, every time he thought about it.


*****

    Mid morning on Wednesday, just like every other day since Callum got back to work last week, Stephen walked into his office and sat down after shutting the door. He then went on to tell Callum what shops they would be going to, and what he would be buying from each shop.

    Callum carried on working, just responding with his normal murmured yes when he thought Stephen was waiting for an answer, but most the time Stephen just spoke down to him. An asshole on a power trip Callum thought to himself most the time.

     “I still can’t work out how someone like you ended up working with someone like Deb?” Callum asked with a sick sounding chuckle. Callum might as well of said Stephen was stupid and he couldn’t work out why Deb wanted to work with him, when she could find much smarter people everywhere she looked. It had the effect Callum was looking for, as Stephen started singing like a bird. Callum had to stop himself from smiling as he thought of it all being caught on the little memory stick recorder sat on the desk in plain sight for all to see.

    Once Stephen had left Callum’s office he turned off the recorder and then stored a copy of the wav file to his works PC and also sent a copy to an online vault he had brought space with, just to store all the files he made.

    Callum started recording all the time he spent with Stephen and Deb after that. He even managed to leave a couple of them in Deb’s house so he could find out what they were saying about him after he’d leave the house.

    Between working in the office, and then going out with Stephen every lunch time and in the evening sometimes in the week, and then Saturday and Sunday going around the shops all day, it was hard for him to listen to the hours and hours of recordings, trying to find out as many details as he could, and finding time to see Jayden was a thing of the past, not that he wanted to be around Jayden while he had these two controlling his life both as Callum and Kara.

 

Chapter 72

    It had been nearly three weeks since Callum last took Jayden out for a meal, and that was the same night he found out Stephen and Deb were following him. He’d been going through some more of the recordings when he saw that he’d missed yet another call from Jayden, so he sent her a message to say sorry, but he was busy in a meeting still, and he would call her later if it wasn’t too late. Callum had fallen asleep at his PC and didn’t wake until the early hours of the morning, so he decided that he would call in and see Jayden at the hotel and have some lunch with her at the same time.

    Stephen walked into Callum’s office the next day and before he could say a word, Callum stopped him. “You’re on your own today Stephen. I’m going to have lunch with Jayden.” Callum said in a firm and final voice.

     “Suit yourself then, if that’s how it’s going to be.” Was all Stephen said as he turned around and walked back out his office without another word.

    Callum didn’t like the sound of that, but it was too late now, and he was only going to miss one day of shopping. Callum left the office at lunchtime and decided to walk the couple of blocks to the hotel, as the day was nice and sunny. He walked into the hotel and saw Jayden talking to a guest, so he waited for her to finish with them before going over to her.

     “I wonder what she’d think of you if she knew what you spent all your free time doing.” A voice said from just behind him.

    Callum spun round to see Stephen stood there with a grin on his face. “Will you piss off and let me have one normal lunchtime?” Callum said through gritted teeth as he stared pure anger at Stephen.

     “I’m afraid not Callum. If you have lunch with Jayden, I’m going to join you and then tell her everything you’ve been doing for the past three weeks.” Stephen said with a smug look on his face.

     “You bastard.” Callum growled under his breath so no one else could hear him say it.

     “You better go and make it quick Callum, we have places to be, and the clock is ticking.

    Callum looked over and saw that Jayden had just finished with the guest, so he walked over to her. “I’m sorry for not getting back to you last night Jayden. The meeting ran late into the night.” Callum said looking tired and stressed out.

     “Don’t worry about it baby.” Jayden smiled. “You’re here now, and I was just about to take my lunch break anyway, so why don’t you join me?” Jayden grinned.

     “I’d love to Jayden, but I have Stephen waiting outside.” Callum groaned, as he looked over his shoulder at Stephen, stood just inside the lobby now, grinning at Jayden as she looked right at him. He even had the nerve to give her a little wave as he winked at her.

     “Tell him to get lost for half an hour, so we can have a little time together.” Jayden whined. “I’ve not seen you in a couple of weeks, and when I finally do, you have him following you around.” Jayden added through gritted teeth.

     “I wish I could Jayden, but I have to get across town and sort something out with him.” Callum said with some anger in his voice, but it seemed to be aimed more towards Stephen than her.

     “Don’t suppose I’ll be seeing your sister at the club then again tonight?” Jayden asked with a pissed off edge to her voice.

     “No, sorry, but I have something else I have to take care of tonight.” Was Callum’s vague reply.

     “Fine then, don’t let me keep you from whatever it is you need to do with him.” Jayden snapped as she saw Stephen walking over to where the two of them were stood talking.

     “Hello Jayden. It’s so nice to see you again.” Stephen said with a smug smile as he put a hand on Callum’s shoulder, just like they were the best of friends.

     “Wish I could say the same.” Jayden said, but not even bothering to try and make it look like she remembered his name. “You better run along and do whatever it is you two have planned.” Jayden added, just before she turned and walked away without letting Callum or Stephen say another word to her.

     “Looks like you’re in the doghouse old mate.” Stephen said as he slapped Callum on the back while looking at Jayden’s ass sway from side to side in an angry way as she walked away. “I just might have to see if she’s ready to date a real man.” Stephen added with a smug smile.

     “Why, do you know any real men?” Callum asked, just before turning and walking back out the hotel again.

    Stephen still didn’t get his way though, because Callum started walking back to the office and only stopped long enough to grab a sandwich from a shop on the way back. Stephen looked pissed when he walked into Callum’s office later in the day.

    Callum had seen him walking down the hallway, so he already had one of his memory sticks recording when Stephen walked in and closed the door before speaking a word.

     “You need to go to Deb’s house tonight straight after work; she wants to have a word with you about what happened this lunchtime.” Stephen snapped it out like an order.

     “I’ll think about it.” Callum said, too pissed off to play nice with him.

     “You’ll fucking do it, or else.” Stephen said through gritted teeth and he pointed a finger towards Callum.

     “Or else what? You’ll screw up my life more than you already have you asshole!” Callum barked back at him. “Newsflash dickhead. Blackmail only works for as long as the person has something to lose.” Callum added like Stephen was an idiot, which he already knew he was.

     “You’ve still got plenty to lose yet Callum.” Stephen said with a cocky grin.

     “Fine, now piss off so I can get on with my work.” Callum huffed as he started working again as if Stephen had already left the office. Callum wasn’t really that bothered about going to Deb’s house, he had left one of his recording devices there on Sunday, and he wanted to replace it with another one anyway.

    Callum had hid the recording device on a little ledge up under the coffee table lid in the middle of the living room; he hoped that Stephen and Deb sat in there to chat after Kara had left Sunday night. Callum also hoped that he could wind Deb and Stephen up enough while he was there tonight, so they would spill even more info about their plans for him in the future.

     Stephen’s car was already parked outside Deb’s house that night when Callum pulled up. Callum had stopped to grab a bite to eat on the way though, still not happy with the way Stephen had acted at lunchtime.

    Deb answered the door when Callum rang the bell. “Come in Callum.” Deb sighed as she stepped aside to let Callum into the house. “I hear that we had a spot of trouble at lunchtime?” Deb asked as she led Callum into the living room.

     “A spot of trouble? All I wanted was to have a quiet lunch with my girlfriend, and I couldn’t even do that without that piece of shit threatening me and then making moves on her himself.” Callum spat out as he pointed at Stephen. “I’m beginning to think that turning myself in would be a lot less bother than keep putting up with him all the time.” Callum added, trying to make it sound like he was upset.

     “I’m sorry you had to put up with that Callum.” Deb said, sounding genuine as she said it. “I’d already told Stephen to let you have some time with your girlfriend.” Deb added, looking angry with Stephen this time.

     “I don’t think I can keep doing this.” Callum said as he dropped down into the armchair closest to the coffee table end that he’d hid the recording device under. “I’m doing all his work at the office, and then he’s forcing me and my girlfriend to split up as well. What am I going to have left at the end of all this?” Callum wasn’t really lying about any of it. He couldn’t see him having much of a life, if he couldn’t get these two off his back soon.

    Deb turned on Stephen when she heard that he’d been getting Callum to do all his work at the office. “What the hell have you been doing with your time while he’s been doing all your work for you?” Deb asked as she poked Stephen in the chest.

    Callum used the distraction to retrieve the old recording device and replace it with a fresh one he had gripped in his hand.

     “What’s wrong with having the odd perk here and there?” Stephen shrugged.

     “I’ve told you before, we have to keep up the act of being normal working class people, or someone will spot that something is wrong.” Deb growled at him. “Do you think I like working in the bloody salon all week?” She asked with anger plain to see on her face.

    Callum had to smile when he saw that Stephen could annoy Deb, just as easy as he did everyone else. Callum found himself wondering if Deb knew about all the jewellery he’d given the girls at the office, or if she even knew about all the one night stand’s he’d been on with them.

     “Did you call me here for a reason, or just to waste even more of my time?” Callum asked, wanting to get home so he could call Jayden and try to smooth things out, and to also start going through all the recording’s he still had left to go through.

     “I need Kara to help me tomorrow night, so be here at eight on the dot. Stephen won’t be asking you to help him at the office either from now on, and there won’t be any more lunchtime shopping trips either.” Deb said as she looked at Stephen more than Callum to get that point across.

    Callum got up and left the house, hoping that the two of them were going at it now he had left the house and they thought that he wouldn’t know what they were saying. Callum had already found out a lot about Deb and the operation she was running, due to his recordings, and the fact that Deb couldn’t dial a number without saying it out loud to herself as she punched it into her phone.

    Deb sold the stuff on to various pawnbrokers and second hand stores around London, as well as using online auction sites like EBay. Callum thought she must have a nice sum of money stashed away some place. Callum now had a list of these places thanks to Deb’s little habit when dialling. He was building up quite a nice case of evidence to hand over to the police if, or when he gets ratted out by either of them.

    Callum got home and tried to call Jayden, but then he remembered what day it was. It was Tuesday and she’d be at the club with Chrissy and the others. Callum thought about getting dressed up as Kara, but then thought he better not, just in case Stephen and Deb had been fooling him earlier, and they were still watching him. He started working his way through all the recordings he had of Deb and Stephen to see what new information he could find out.


*****

    Callum tried calling and texting Jayden the next day, but Jayden never got back to him. So he took that as a sign she needed some time to calm down, and Callum was hoping to be able to get Stephen and Deb off his back, once and for all very soon.

    He got home from work on the Wednesday night and set to work becoming Kara again, so he could go and do this shopping with Deb, and also collect the recording device while he was there at Deb’s house.

    Deb let Kara into the house, and Kara was surprised to not find Stephen there waiting with her. “You’re working without the trained chimp tonight?” Kara asked as she looked around the room to see if he was just in another room waiting to jump out and grab her.

     “I’ve got him delivering some stuff for me. We don’t need him for this job.” Deb said as she wandered back into her bedroom to finish getting ready to leave the house.

    Kara used the opportunity to retrieve the recording device and slip it into her purse. Kara had another one to replace it, but there was no point using it and setting it to record if no one was going to be in the house. Kara would try and place it in there later. If she came back into the house with Deb later.

    Once Deb was ready they left the house and got in Deb’s car. She drove them to a posh looking shop that looked a little like an art gallery, but when they got inside it was full of jewellery that you could buy. Deb soon had Kara buying some pieces using yet more stolen credit cards while she just watched from the background.

    They left with their purchases and then Deb drove them back to her place, where Deb was suddenly acting very friendly towards Kara. “Why don’t you come in and join me for a glass of wine Kara?” Deb asked with a smile.

    Kara decided it would give her a chance to place the new recording device, so she said okay and followed Deb into the house.

    Take a seat on the sofa, and I’ll go get the wine.” Deb said, acting all friendly now as she smiled again, just before she went into the kitchen.

    Kara quickly planted the device and then got up, not trusting Deb too not drug her drink before doing god knows what to her. “I’m sorry Deb, but I just don’t think this is such a great idea. I’m going to leave now.” Kara said as she ran for the door and was gone before Deb could stop her. Kara was glad she had, because she saw Stephen’s car parked just down the road where she wasn’t supposed to see it.

     “Those two bastards were trying to set me up again!” Kara said to herself as she drove home. They already had video of her and Callum buying stuff with stolen credit cards, but she couldn’t work out why they were still trying to get more? She was hoping that the recording device in her purse would give her some of the answers.

    Once at home Kara fired up the PC and then plugged in the memory stick to see what was said the night before, just after Callum had left.

     “Do you think he brought your act Donna? He still looked pretty pissed off when he just left.” Stephen’s voice was heard to say.

     “Yes he’s starting to see you as the bad guy and me as a possible friend.” Callum could hear a hint of a fake pout as Deb said it. “I didn’t think he was ever going to tell you to get stuffed and go for lunch with his soon to be ex-girlfriend.” Callum heard an evil sounding chuckle from Deb this time.

     “I think she already is his ex, judging by the look she gave him just before walking away today at the hotel.” Stephen laughed. “I’d still like to take a pop at that sometime.” Stephen growled.

     “Just stick to the plan. We take the little tranny’s life apart, and then we’ll go after the little bitch next.” Deb said with anger in her voice. “By the time I’ve done with her, she’ll be turning tricks on street corners just so she can eat.” Deb added with that same evil chuckle.

    Kara banged her fist down on the desk as she made her hand bleed when her faults nails dug into the palm of her hand. “I’ll kill them both then hide the bodies someplace they will never be found.” Callum’s voice said out of Kara’s lips. “Don’t be stupid. I need to think smart here.” Callum said as if he was really having an argument with himself.

    He decided to listen to the rest of the recording, to see if they said anything else he could use against them, and try to stop them from getting anywhere near Jayden.

    Callum started playing the recording again, and was soon rewarded with a detailed account of what they planned as their next move. Callum was lucky he’d left when he did tonight, he realised as he heard what they had planned.

     “So what’s your next move with him now then Donna?” Stephen asked.

     “I’ll act all friendly towards him, or her as it will be.” Deb had a sound of degust in her voice as she said it. “I’ll tell Her! That I’ve got you off doing something else, so it will just be us girls.” Deb’s evil laugh sounded again. “While I’m out with the fairy, you can set up the video cameras ready for when I get her in bed later in the night.” Deb’s even more evil laugh was heard this time.

     “Then we send a copy to his ex, to put the final nail in his love life.” Stephen added the punch line to their plan.

     “Yes we will.” Deb said with some pride in her voice. “Then you can leak the pictures of him dressed like a woman, around the office, so he loses his job.

     “You going to cut him loose then, or turn him in to the cops?” Stephen asked.

     “I’ve been talking with some people that say they know some other people that would pay big money to spend a night with a girl like Kara.” Deb laughed her evil laugh again. “We may as well make some money out of her while we can.” Deb sounded all sweet an innocent when she said the last bit.

     “That is just so evil Donna.” Stephen laughed. “I can’t wait to see his face when he finds himself servicing men for a living.” He laughed some more.

    Callum felt ill all of a sudden, as his mind started pulling up images of Kara being raped again and again by strangers as Stephen and Deb, or Donna, as he’d just found out her name was, would get paid for it to happen.

     Once he’d run to his bathroom and been sick, he got a glass of water at the sink and looked in the mirror and saw Kara looking back at him. He set to work getting changed back to looking like Callum again, and then formulated a plan to get the last pieces of the puzzle he was still missing.

    The first thing Callum needed to do was find out where Donna worked, so he got up early the next morning and waited down the road from Donna’s house, and then he followed her when she left for work. Once he had that worked out, Callum made his way into work himself.

    Stephen came and found him, not that he was lost. Stephen came to Callum’s office to find out why he was late arriving at work.

     “How come you’re late in this morning?” Stephen asked as he closed the office door like he always did now.

     “Morning sickness. I’m pregnant, and you’re the father!” Callum snapped at him. “What the hell as it got to do with you why I’m late?” Callum scowled at Stephen as he said it.

     “Thought you might have had some crazy idea about going to the cops.” Stephen said as he tried to look cool. Not easy when you look like a moron.

     “Damn! You worked it all out.” Callum said sarcastically. “Yes I went to the police and told them that I’m being blackmailed into using stolen credit cards to rip off shops all over London because an asshole I work with found out I like to dress as a woman in my spare time, and he’s under the thumb of some evil bitch of a girlfriend.” Callum added with even more sarcasm in his voice.

    Stephen looked worried for a couple of seconds before he realised that Callum was being sarcastic still. “I’m not under her thumb you fairy.” Stephen grumbled. “I bring my own special skills to the group.” He added trying to look proud of whatever he thought he brought to the team that Callum was now a fully paid up member of.

     “You’re girlfriend came up with the perfect plan, and she has me by the balls. I don’t have anything to offer the cops, apart from a signed confession.” Callum said. He had started one of his little recording devices when he saw Stephen heading towards his office. Callum was hoping to trick Stephen into giving him a confession about the blackmail and more info about the credit cards as well.

    Stephen didn’t disappoint and he was soon taking credit for the blackmail and for most of the credit card fraud as well, then he changed his mind and started telling the truth. He’d told Deb (Donna) all about Callum’s dressing, and how convincing he looked, then that Deb had come up with the idea to blackmail him into helping them after she saw her sister being taken away by the police.

    As far as Callum knew, Deb’s sister was still being held by the police. Due to her not yet coming clean and telling them who she really was. Callum wasn’t sure how that would work when it went to trial. He hoped that they would work out her real name when they got Stephen and Deb (Donna) in custardy.

     “Speaking of Deb, she wants to see you again tonight.” Stephen said all of a sudden, like he’d only just remembered about it. “She said you ran off last night before she had chance to say goodnight to you.” Stephen shrugged, but it looked fake. Callum already knew that Stephen was a crap actor.

     “Does she want to see me, or Kara?” Callum asked, just to see Stephen’s brain try and work out the answer.

     “She never said, so I’ll let you decide. She just told me that you had to be there at eight again.” Stephen shrugged, like he couldn’t care less, but once again Callum could tell that he was lying. Stephen did care, because he and Deb (Donna) were desperate to get Callum on film making out and sleeping with her, so they could then send it to Jayden and drive that final nail into the coffin that his love life was laying in at the minute.

     “I’ll go as Kara then. We can have a girly night in.” Callum smiled as he used Kara’s voice. “You could always join us? I’m sure I can soon grab you a nice dress and make you look pretty for Deb?” Callum giggled, still using Kara’s voice.

     “No thanks, I have some stuff to take care off, so it will just be you and Deb tonight again.” Stephen said looking worried as he got up and made a quick exit.

    Callum chuckled, glad that he’d found a way to get Stephen to leave him alone, so he could get on with his work. Deb had put a stop to Callum doing Stephen’s work for him, but Callum now knew that it was just a ploy to try and get Callum, or Kara to lower their guard around her.

    It had worried Callum at the start when one of them were not around while they did a job, but to put his own mind at rest, Callum had brought a small CCTV system and hidden it in the house facing the front door. He could also see a large chunk of the downstairs as well from the angle he’d hidden it. He checked the footage every night when he got home, and neither of them had ever been in as he could tell. Callum had also taken up wedging a small piece of paper in the door as he left. It would fall to the ground if someone went in to his house while he was out, but it was always where he left it, when he got home again.

    Callum decided to follow Stephen at lunch time, he was hoping to find out where they stored all the stuff they stole from the shops. Deb was too careful to be caught coming and going, but Stephen was a lot easier to follow. Callum got lucky that lunchtime and Stephen led him straight to a small storage centre where he figured they kept some of the stuff. Callum hid outside until Stephen had entered and signed in, then Callum entered and started talking to the man behind the counter about the cost of renting a small unit. The man fished out a price list, and why he was doing that, Callum looked at the log in book and found the unit number of Stephen’s. Callum made a note of it on his phone and then thanked the man before leaving again. Callum had only just gone around the corner when he saw Stephen walk back out looking happy with himself about something.

    Stephen went to three more of the storage placers around the city before driving back to the office again. Callum used the same excuse at the other three places so he could find out the unit numbers, ready to hand over to the police with all the other information he’d collected.

    Callum had to run up the stairs and get back to his office before Stephen found out he’d left the office and followed him. Callum looked to be busy sorting out some paperwork when Stephen walked past his office door and tapped on the glass as he wondered past looking smug with himself.

     “Keep smiling asshole, you’ll get what’s coming to you very soon.” Callum said to himself as he smiled back at Stephen.


*****

    Kara spent a little more time getting ready tonight; she wanted to look better than Deb (Donna) if they did end up going out. Not that it was hard to look better. Kara thought that Deb didn’t spend enough time looking after her skin, or hair. It was like she just thought she was beautiful, so why bother trying to look better. Kara just thought she was a queen bitch with no heart, but if she had a heart, then she wouldn’t be stealing for a living and hell bent on destroying other people’s lives.

    Deb answered the door again with a smile. Kara was expecting the pissed off version to answer the door, but Deb was being nice. “Hello Kara. You look beautiful in that dress by the way.” She said as she let Kara enter the house.

     “Thanks Deb. Not looking to bad yourself.” Kara lied with a warm smile. “I must be spending way too much time with her, if I can lie that well and still smile about it.” Kara thought to herself.

     “Thanks for coming over again tonight. I just wanted to make sure you were okay? You left so suddenly last night.” Deb asked in a polite way as they made their way to the living room and both sat down on the sofa. “I hope I didn’t say something to upset you?” Deb asked looking worried.

     Kara thought to herself. “No, I just didn’t want to spend any more time with you than I needed too.” Kara said in a flat tone.

     “Oh, I was only trying to be nice to you.” Deb said looking a little hurt by Kara’s comment. “I thought we might have got off on the wrong foot, so I wanted to start again as friends.” She added looking a little more upbeat about it.

     “Don’t take this the wrong way Deb!” Kara said with some anger in her voice. “But you’ve been forcing me to break the law with you for the past three weeks, and now you think by smiling and wanting to spend a girly night in with me, that I will suddenly throw my arms around you and call us friends?” Kara asked looking shocked that even Deb could think that would work.

     “Well not right away, but I thought we could lay the foundations and work up to something a little more friendly?” Deb grinned as she ran a finger up Kara’s stocking covered leg.

    Kara lifted Deb’s hand up off her leg and placed it back in her own lap. “I think you’re going to be pushing it with the word friend Deb, but I will tell you this right now, I will never be anything close to what you have in mind for the two of us.” Kara said as she stood up and moved to the armchair around the other side of the coffee table. This also put Kara close to where she’d hid the recorder the night before.

     “I’m sorry you feel that way Kara, but please let me get you a drink, so we can have a chat and get to know each other a little better.” Deb smiled as she got up and walked off into the kitchen.

    Kara waited for Deb to leave the room before she put her purse on the coffee table, just to let it fall off onto the floor, so she could retrieve the recorder and replace it with a new fully charged one. Kara wasn’t sure if she was being filmed now, that’s why she used the trick with her purse to cover her actions.

    Deb walked back into the room with two glasses of wine. “I hope you’ll at least share a glass of wine with me, even if you can’t see us ever being friends?” Deb asked as she sat down on the sofa again.

    Kara thought she looked a little smug now as she kept looking at Kara and then the glass of wine. “She’s done something to that wine!” a voice in her head was shouting to her. Kara picked up the wine, but didn’t drink out of it, she was just having fun watching Deb on the verge of shouting at her to just drink the damn wine and pass out!

     “I’ll let you start then Deb, you already know everything about me.” Kara smiled as she looked at Deb to start talking about herself.

     “I’m sure there are lots of things I don’t know about you yet Kara.” Deb smiled as she made a show of taking a sip from her wine glass.

     “I don’t think so Deb. You and Stephen seem to know pretty much all there is to know.” Kara shrugged. ,i.“And the rest you will never find out bitch!” Kara thought.

     “When did you first start doing this?” Deb asked as she waved her hand towards the way Kara was dressed.

     “As a child, just like a lot of other girls like me.” Kara said as she lifted the wine glass to her lips, but soon dropped it away again as she spoke some more. “I use to borrow my mum’s things, but they never fit me very well. I looked pretty foolish now I think about it.” Kara giggled.

    Deb’s eyes lifted slightly when she thought Kara was about to drink from the wine glass, but then she looked a little pissed off when Kara moved it away from her lips again and rested it back in her lap, just before putting it back on the table again.

    Kara was playing with Deb to see just how far she could push her. Kara knew that Deb wouldn’t be able to keep up the friendly act all night, but Kara was going to have fun seeing how long she could. Kara started telling Deb all about her nearly being caught a number of times by her mum, and how she first started dressing fully in college, but never went out due to being too scared.

    Deb was getting more and more red faced as Kara kept talking and talking to her.

     “I think I might have been wrong about you Deb.” Kara smiled. “I’ve never opened up to anyone like this before. I think we could be friends.” Kara added.

     “That’s nice to hear Kara.” Deb smiled, but it looked forced. “Is there something wrong with your wine?” Deb asked as she looked down at the full glass still sat on the table, not touched.

    Kara could see that Deb had drained her glass some time ago, but she was still waiting for Kara to start hers. “I’m sorry Deb, but I never drink alcohol when I’m driving. Here you may as well have it, and I’ll just go and grab myself a class of water.” Kara said as she slid the glass over to Deb, just before she jumped up and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass out the cupboard and then fill it with water out the tap.

    Deb was still looking at the full wine glass when Kara walked back into the room. Kara wasn’t surprised when Deb knocked the glass off the table as she went to pick it up. Spilling wine all over the coffee table and the floor in the process.

     “Looks like you’ve had enough wine already Deb.” Kara said as she sat down in the chair again clutching her glass of water.

    Deb looked pissed that Kara hadn’t put her glass of water down and gone to get a cloth to mop up the mess. Deb was soon on her feet and storming off into the kitchen herself. Kara didn’t trust Deb not to have more of what ever she’d put in the wine, in her pocket ready to spike whatever drink she had if she didn’t touch the wine, like she'd just done.

    Kara kept talking while Deb had to sit and listen to her go on and on about her life as a crossdresser. Deb kept getting text messages and she would send out quick replies to each one. In the end Deb almost pleaded with Kara to go home.

     “I’m really sorry Kara, but I’m tired and should start getting ready for bed now.”

    Kara looked at her watch and did a fake effort to look shocked at the time. “I never realised just how late it had got Deb. Thanks for this girly night out, or in for you.” Kara giggled. “Do you want to do it again tomorrow night?” Kara asked with excitement in her voice.

     “No, no! I’ve got other plans tomorrow night, but we’ll sort out another date again soon.” Deb smiled, but Kara could see that she wouldn’t be asked to come over for another girly night in this side of hell freezing over.

     “What about on Saturday and Sunday? Do you want me to come around here like normal then?” Kara asked.

     “Yes, just be here at nine am and we’ll work out where we’re going when you get here.” Deb said as she walked Kara to the front door and almost pushed her out.

    Kara already knew that Deb wanted Kara and not Callum to turn up Saturday morning. Deb preferred dealing with Kara for some reason. Maybe it made her feel more in control knowing that she could shout that Kara was really a man at any point during the day, or maybe Deb did have feeling for her on some sick twisted level. Kara wasn’t sure, and hoped to god that Deb didn’t have feelings for her. It didn’t worry Kara that Deb hadn’t told her where they would be going, she never did. Worried that Kara might tell someone she guessed.

     “Let’s see what they had to say last night after I left them without a show to record.” Kara said to herself as she fired up her PC. I’ll check to make sure Stephen hasn’t been in the house as well while you’re going through your start up routine.” She added as she looked at the PC.

    Wandering off to her bedroom, Kara opened wardrobe door and then moved a couple of towels to reveal a little monitor, she turned it on and then ran through the footage on fast forward to see if anyone had been in the house, but it was all clear so she deleted it all and set it to start recording again tomorrow as she left for work.

    The PC was sat waiting for her password when she returned to it, so she typed it in and then plugged in the recording device and started going through it.

     “Shit! You may as well come out Stephen, she’s gone! Deb shouted. Kara could hear some noises that sounded like Stephen struggling to get himself out of a tight place, before she heard him speak.

     “What the hell happened? I thought you said we’d have him drugged and then set up some wild looking video to send to his ex?” Stephen asked with a pissed off edge to his voice.

     “I don’t know what happened; he must have got cold feet or something.” Deb snapped back at him. “We’ll just invite him around again tomorrow night and I’ll slip the drug in his first glass, then we can get the video. It’s just a matter of time.” Deb used her evil laugh.

     “How did that work out for you bitch?” Kara asked the computer with a giggle as she thought about the look on Deb’s face as she went on and on about boring stuff she’d done since becoming a crossdresser.

    Not wanting to get side tracked, Kara started listening to the recording again, to see what else they had planned for her, or Callum. They didn’t say much more about her, but they did start talking about dropping some bits off with people from the list of shops they sold stuff through. Callum had made the list using earlier recordings that he’d made at Deb’s house.

    Stephen was going to be picking the stuff up during his lunch break the next day. That’s what Stephen had been doing when Callum followed him. Callum had also just found out that he now had the addresses and unit numbers for all their storage places.

     “Great! That’s something else I can tick off the list.” Kara grinned.

    Kara was soon getting worried when Stephen and Deb started talking about how easy it would be to get dirt on other girl’s like Kara. Stephen mentioned Carl’s club, and how they could both go there and pick up a couple of girls once Kara was out the picture. Then they could train them to do the same thing before destroying their lives and moving on to the next couple. Kara knew that Carl had to be warned about this, as it could look bad on his club and the changing service.

    Callum was going to spend the next night cutting all the recordings that mattered to disc, so he could take them around to Carl. He was also going to come clean and tell Carl about all the trouble he was in and how they planned to go after Jayden next. Callum knew that he was looking at prison time for his part in it all, but he wouldn’t let them get near Jayden.


*****

    Callum had grabbed some takeout food on his way home from the office on Friday night. He tried to call Jayden a couple of times through the day, and again just after he got home, but she still wouldn’t answer his calls.

    He got to work on the recording and typing up all the notes he’d made. And added the new bits he’d found out over the last couple of days. It was the early hours of Saturday morning before he gave up and grabbed a couple of hours sleep before he needed to get up and shower, shave and then get dressed as Kara, so he could spend the day ripping people off with stolen cards.

    It was just before nine in the morning when he rang the doorbell at Deb’s house. Deb opened the door and let Kara in, but she didn’t look as friendly today. Kara was glad about that; she could deal with this Deb better than the happy one.

     “Morning Deb. How are you feeling today?” Kara asked with a smile, still playing the friends card from the other day.

     “I’m fine; just give me a couple of minutes to finish getting ready.” Deb said in a flat tone as she walked back into her bedroom.

    Kara took the chance to grab the recorder. She didn’t think there would be much on it, apart from her going on about the tough life of a crossdresser.

     “I had a really great time the other night Deb! Kara shouted. “It’s been some time since I got to just sit and chat like that.” Kara added.

     “Yes it was different!” Deb shouted back, not sounding very happy about how the night had turned out for her. “Would you like a cup of coffee while we wait for Stephen to turn up?” Deb asked as she walked out the bedroom fully dressed now.

     “I’m fine thanks, but don’t let me stop you. Kara smiled, but she was worried that Deb was still trying to drug her so they could make this video they kept going on about.

    Deb never bothered with a drink when Kara said she didn’t want one. Then Deb was on the phone to find out where Stephen had got to? He seemed to turn up just after Deb called him, so Kara guessed that they were planning to spend the day at home shooting their own porn film. Kara was glad to disappoint.

    They all left the house and made their way into the city and started buying stuff again, just like they did every Saturday and Sunday. Kara did her part and by the end of the day, they had a lot of stuff to drop off. Kara never offered to help, she just got out the van and walked to her car and got in after telling the other two that she’d see them tomorrow at the same time.

    Kara thought about going to the club and trying to sort things out with Jayden, but then she remembered that she still had to finish off sorting out the recordings, so she went home and carried on with them. Callum couldn’t see the point of removing the breast forms for the night, so he went to bed as Kara.

    Deb and Stephen were both up and ready to leave the house when Kara arrived there on the Sunday morning, so they left and got into the town early, so they went to have some breakfast before they started shopping.

    Kara was glad that they had stopped trying to drug her for the time being. She also had a feeling that things were about to come to a head. They were now hitting shops that they had already brought stuff from using different cards, and they all knew it would only be a matter of time before one of them got caught doing it. Kara found that she was being left to walk into the shops and buy the things Deb or Stephen told her too.

    It was getting on and most the shops were getting ready to close when Kara sensed that something was wrong. Stephen had suddenly said he needed to go and do something, and he kept calling Deb to tell her something. Kara was weighed down with shopping bags as Deb led her from store to store not buying anything, just looking around the shops when things got really bad, really quick.

    Kara had walked round a corner in an up marked clothes store when she found herself face to face with Jayden and the others as they were all out shopping.

     “Jayden?” Kara said, but having trouble finding her voice due to the shock of running into the girls like this. Then it hit her. That was why Stephen had vanished on them, and also why Deb kept getting calls from him. They had planned for this meeting to happen.

     “Kara.” Jayden said through gritted teeth. “I wasn’t aware that Shopping was part of your job.” Jayden added with venom in her voice.

     “Oh Kara, are these some friends of yours?” Deb asked as she put her arm through Kara’s, just like they were a couple.

     “She’s no friend of mine.” Jayden growled, just before she turned and walked away.

    Amy, Amber and Becky all looked at Kara with disgust before they went after a quickly retreating Jayden.

    Chrissy was the only one not to leave with the others, she just looked at Kara with pure rage showing on her face. “Please Chrissy, I can explain everything. It’s not what it looks like.” Kara pleaded as she stepped forward and grabbed one of Chrissy’s arms in her hand.

     “Take your hand off me right now, or I’ll start shouting that you’re a man.” Chrissy said in a whisper, as she first looked at Kara, and then the hand on her arm. “Well done Callum, you really had me fooled into thinking you had changed, but you’re still getting a kick out of destroying people’s lives aren’t you.”

     “It’s not like that Chrissy. Please just let me...” Was all Kara got out before Chrissy cut her off again.

     “Save it for someone that gives a shit Callum.” Chrissy scowled. “I don’t ever want to see you near me or any of my friends ever again Callum. Have fun with your new friend.” Chrissy added as she looked at Deb who still had Callum by the arm, just before she turned and walked away to catch up with the others.

    Kara felt like turning on Deb, but they had already draw a small crowd, so Kara settled for just walking out the shop and then heading towards the car park where Deb’s car was parked. Kara also used the time to turn on one of the recording devices on that she had in her purse. She knew that Deb would have a good gloat about how they set her up.

    It took Deb another ten minutes before she walked into the car park with Stephen walking beside her. Both of them were sporting smug smiles when they saw how pissed off Kara looked.

     “What’s wrong Kara? Did they not have a dress in your size?” Deb asked with a fake pout, just before she started giggling at her own joke.

    Stephen started laughing at her joke, but Kara just wanted to kill the pair of them. “Looks like Jayden really is an ex-girlfriend now Callum.” He grinned.

     “You bastards planned for this to happen!” Kara screamed at them, only just keeping her voice sounding female as she did so.

     “Don’t be like that Kara. I have no idea what you’re trying to say.” Deb said with fake hurt in her voice. “She was bound to find out about us sooner or later.” She added with a smile.

     “There is no us you psycho bitch!” Kara snapped back at her.

    This got a rise out of Deb; she closed the distance between the two of them in a flash, as she went nose to nose with Kara and looked her in the eyes with pure rage showing for once. Kara was proud that she’d finally found the right button.

     “You listen to me you little shit.” Deb growled. “You belong to me from now on. Stephen is going to leak the pictures at your office tomorrow, so you lose your job, and then I have special plans for you to start earning me some real money.” Deb snarled as she pushed Kara backward, smashing her back into the side of her car.

     “And what would that be doing? Bitch” Kara winced as the pain of the impact shot through her back.

     “I’m going to turn you into a hooker, and I’ll be your pimp.” Deb said as she pushed Kara again. “Now get in the fucking car before I let Stephen become your first customer.” Deb shouted as she opened the car door and moved the seat forward for Kara to climb into the back seat.

    Kara would have smiled if it wasn’t for the pain in her back, and the fact that she’d just lost Jayden and all the others as friends. But she had just got Deb to confess to running a brothel of sorts. Kara knew that she or more Callum was looking at prison time for his part in what Deb had been doing, but he would be taking Deb and Stephen down with him.

    Deb drove straight back to her place and then got Kara to help take all the stuff they brought into the house. Kara dropped the stuff on the floor and then turned to leave the house, but she stopped when Deb spoke to her.

     “Don’t even think about leaving just yet Kara, we have things to sort out.” Deb pointed at the armchair for Kara to take a seat.

     “Fine, say what you got to say, so I can get the hell away from you.” Kara said with a degusted look on her face.

     “If that’s how you want this to be, then that’s fine with me Kara. I want Callum to hand in his notice at work tomorrow.” Deb told her.

     “You want me to do what?” Callum asked, not even trying to sound female now.

     “You won’t want to be working there after Stephen starts leaving these all over the place.” Deb said as she dropped a large pile of A4 sized photos of Callum dressed as Kara. Deb or Stephen had taken a photo of Callum and a photo of Kara, and then merged them both together using a computer program. It wasn’t some of the best work Callum had ever seen, but it would work for what they needed it to do. You could plainly see that the woman in the photo was also the man in the photo next to it.

     “And if I don’t do as you ask?” Callum bluffed.

     “You end up doing the same thing anyway, but from prison.” Deb shrugged, like it was no big deal either way to her.

     “How am I supposed to live if I quit my job?” Callum wanted more details from her or Stephen while he was still recording.

     “You’ll be working for me Kara, so I’ll be paying you a wage. I’ll let you keep your own place as well for the time being, but I may have you move to a new place in the near future. A place better suited to what you will be doing for a living.” Deb said it like the heartless bitch she really was.

     “Doesn’t look like I’ve got much of a choice then does it?” Kara said using her female voice again now.

     “Yes you have a choice Kara, just not a very good one.” Deb giggled, and Stephen sat chuckling from the sofa next to her.

     “When do I start working for you then Deb?” Kara asked through gritted teeth as she got up from the chair to leave.

     “Be here at seven tomorrow evening Kara, and make sure you look pretty. I should be able to sort out a couple of clients for you by then.” Deb said in a matter of fact way as she waved Kara out of her home. “Stephen will be keeping an eye on you, so don’t try to run, or not hand in your notice at work tomorrow!” Deb shouted as Kara was leaving the house.

    Kara slammed the door behind her and then walked over and got in her car before she burst into tears. It took her a couple of minutes to pull herself together again. Once she had, Kara started her car and then drove home to put all the evidence together, so she could then go to the police.

    Callum was soon himself again just after getting home, so he plugged in the recording device and added the new recording to the others and added all the receipts Kara had saved from the stuff she’d brought today with the ones from all the other times. He’d also scanned them all into the computer and added them to the DVD’s he’d cut as a backup copy. He was going to give this copy to Carl, so he could keep Jayden safe, and also make sure no one else from the club ended up in the same boat he now found himself.

    He then sat and typed up the resignation letter just in case Stephen or Deb asked to see it before he took all his evidence to the police and turned himself in. After that he typed up a letter for Jayden and another one to Carl explaining about the reason for his actions over the past month and to warn Carl about Deb and Stephen.

     “How do I make sure that Jayden and Carl both get the letters and they read them? And they don’t just rip it up.” Callum said to himself as he sat at his computer desk looking down at the envelops with the letters in.

    Having a sudden brain wave, Callum jumped up and slipped his trainers on before chucking all the disks and the two letters in a backpack and then running out the door and jumping in his car. As Callum drove down the road, he saw another car or a van pullout of a parking space just up the road from where he’d been parked. Callum drove around for a bit, and the vehicle stayed with him.

     “Shit! Stephen must be following me.” Callum said as he slammed his hand down on the steering wheel. He had to hit the brakes just then because a bus pulled out on him. That suddenly gave Callum an idea.

    Callum parked his car near a burger bar, and he went in to grab something to eat, that’s how he wanted it to look. Once he had a burger, he walked out and took a couple of bites from it as he looked around to see if he could see Stephen stood nearby. He spotted him stood in a darkened shop doorway using a bus shelter window as a mirror to look at the reflexion. Callum had no idea where Stephen had parked, but it would take him some time to get back to his van and then follow him again.

    A bus pulled up to the stop and Callum dropped the burger in the bin and then jumped on the bus before Stephen had time to realise what he was doing. Callum looked back just in time to see Stephen doing what looked like a silly dance as he decided whether to run after the bus, or go back for his van. The van must have won because the last thing Callum saw as the bus went around the corner was Stephen running away from him and the bus.

     “Better luck next time asshole!” Callum screamed in his head. He got some strange looks from the people on the bus though when he started chuckling to himself.

    He got off the bus at the next stop even though he’d paid to go all the way into the city, the bus driver looked at him strangely as he got off again, but Callum didn’t care. Callum stepped back into the shadows to see if Stephen went past in the van, and he did just a couple of minutes later.

     “Now I’ve got rid of him, I can get my car again and carry on with my other plan now.” Callum said to himself out loud as he started running back to where he’d parked his car.

    Callum still kept checking to make sure he wasn’t being followed, but the road was clear behind him most the way to where he was going. He just hoped that the person he wanted to see would listen to him while he explained what he needed them to do for him. He was soon pulling into the large driveway and parking his car. He got out and took a couple of deep breaths before walking up to the front door and ringing the bell. He didn’t have to wait long for a security light to come on, and then for someone to open the door to him.

 

To Be Continued Next Friday   

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tension filled episode

Indeed probably the most tension filled, with some real dilly of villains who are believable scum bags.

Kim

Ya gotta have a plan

... in case one ever gets outed. One has to make up there mind ahead of time how they will react if they get outed. This is especially true for folks who have security clearances else you are too vulnerablne.

God I hope Carl gets him a good lawyer.

I wonder if he could go to a woman's prison if he claims he is TS *giggle*

Kim

Oh, Wow!

Great posting Sara. I'm hoping Callum doesn't end up in prison.

I'm Hoping The Recordings Are Admissible

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpgI'm hoping the recordings are admissible because they were recorded without the knowledge of one of the parties. If the police are interested in busting the ring wide open, they will see that Callum was being blackmailed and consider the evidence he collected as enough proof to let him off. He got them on record admitting they blackmailed Callum/Kara, if it is able to be used. I know that in the U.S that taping a conversation is not admissible unless the person knows they are being recorded. I don't know what the law is in Britain? Of course he does know where they stored the loot and knows where Donna/Deb works. The recordings plus all the other info should be enough to put them away.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

The situation in the USA...

Puddintane's picture

...is complex. In thirteen states, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington, the law requires both parties consent (more or less), but in the rest only one party's consent is required to record a conversation in which that party takes part. It's only third-party eavesdropping that has a blanket prohibition, and in many jurisdictions the courts grant exceptions -- when applied for in advance -- at the drop of a hat... Even then, many calls can legally be recorded, even in "two-party" states, in certain situations, such as "Emergency" services calls, and traced, since the presumption is that when one calls for an ambulance, for example, you want the crew to know what and where the trouble is even if one has lapsed into unconsciousness before one manages to tell them everything, or by the time they arrive.

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

It's more Fairytale than fact.

I'm not to up on the law in the Uk, and even less on how it works in the US, but being the writer means I can make up my own law (to a point) I'm sure that you the reader don't want me to spend hours going through law books just to keep it true, as that would make for a very dull story. So I'm going with my Fairytale law where I get to say what can be used and done to each person in the story. *grin*

The good guy's or Girls wear white (and a lot of pink) and the bad guys get punished. :)So welcome to Sara's UK!

I'd like to thank everyone for reading and commenting and I hope you all continue to enjoy my story.

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

Good To Know

Thanks Sara. I pretty much thought you were going by "Sara rules". I think that the chances of Callum getting off Scott (err...English?) free are much better using "Sara rules".

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 29 By SaraUK

They pushed Callum too far and will pay, but can he get back into his friends good graces?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

This has been a heavy

This has been a heavy chapter, I hope Carl will help sort it out.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p