Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1312.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1312
by Angharad

Copyright © 2011 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

The rest of the party went as it was supposed to and by half past seven, all the little darlings had been collected by their parents and once again I could breathe a sigh of relief–that no more had been dumped on me.

Trish had been disappointed with Maureen’s present–a pair of socks–until she looked inside and saw a new ten pound note folded there; that made them, very nice socks.

I pointed out to her that just because it was her birthday, she needn’t think everyone had to give her something, or I’d give her a smacked bottom and send her to bed. She knew I wouldn’t hit her but the threat of bed was enough for her behave and she apologised.

It was getting dark, so I wouldn’t let her out on her bike, she’d have to wait until the morning, which unleashed another tantrum so I did send her to bed. She had to make do with reading a book until the others went up.

It was quite a relief to get to bed myself that night. I thanked Simon for his part in organising the party games and he told me he was pleased it had stayed dry–then they could run about in the garden and work off some high spirits.

I confided to him that I was a little worried about Billie. Julie had been promised reassignment surgery after she was eighteen, which meant in a year’s time. Trish had been done–albeit through serendipitous causes, and she, Billie felt unloved and so on.

I could see her point, she was eleven and had another seven years to wait before she’d be eligible–a lifetime to a child. I did point out that she’d probably start hormones next year. All I got back was that there were girls in her class who had booblets already.

It’s very difficult dealing with any sort of neurotic urge, and transgender ones are probably as bad as any. However, scientists seem intent on finding some organic cause for it, the latest I read was about white matter being different in gender variant people to normals. I suspect this is likely to be insignificant in the greater scheme of things, and wonder why they even bother researching it–they’re not going to cure it, other than by allowing the individual to live in the desired role; with or without surgery.

I used to think the difference between transvestites and transsexuals was that transvestites wanted to keep their wedding tackle, but I discovered that it wasn’t so black and white, and not all transsexuals wanted to lose theirs either.

In my simplistic thinking, I was a female with no boobs and an outie. So I resolved to change that and did. Thus, in my opinion, I’m a non-menstruating female, which is how the law sees me, thanks to the Gender Recognition Act of 2004. So how do these others, the she-males, see themselves–those who don’t want an innie? I’m not counting those who can’t have surgery for whatever reason, just those who don’t want it.

It isn’t some sort of superiority thing either–I’m more female than you because I’ve got a twat–na-na-da-na-na. I suppose it’s all a matter of continua or spectra, which was when I think I fell asleep, thinking that Billie thought she was less a girl than Trish.

I woke up still puzzling over this business of continua, wondering if life would have been easier if I’d been content to dress up in women’s clothes every now and again. Then I realised it wouldn’t have been. I was female, and expressing that as my identity and role was the only way I was going to be satisfied. That I was doing it so completely was such wonderful luck. I glanced across at Simon, who was still in the land of nod. Nothing much seemed to keep him awake, anything seemed to play on my mind. I looked at the clock it wasn’t quite six, but it was light. I wondered why I’d woken then I thought I heard something outside.

I was out of bed and peering out the window in a flash–Trish was dressed and getting her bike out of the garage. I threw on some clothes keeping an eye on what she was doing. She rode up and down the drive for a few minutes, but I knew that wouldn’t satisfy her for long and sure enough she went down the drive and turned onto the cycle path outside. I grabbed my cycling shoes and galloped down the stairs, stopping at the bottom to put them on before clonking across the drive and pulling the Specialized out and jumping on it.

It was colder than I’d realised and I regretted not grabbing a jacket. I sped off in the direction she’d taken and within a couple of minutes I had her in my sights and I accelerated. A combination of fear and anger seemed to spark the adrenalin and I flew along touching thirty miles an hour at one point, then I slowed as I drew level.

“And where d’you think you’re going?” I asked my daughter.

“Oh hello, Mummy–isn’t this fun?”

“And why didn’t you come and ask if you could go out on your bike?”

“You were asleep.”

“How d’you know?”

“I looked in and both you and Daddy were asleep.”

“Don’t you see how dangerous this could be?” I asked as we pedalled along together.

“I shouldn’t get knocked off on a cycle path–should I?”

“No, but you could fall off and hurt yourself.”

“I’ve got my mobile phone with me, Mummy,” replied the smart-arse.

“What if some nasty person had appeared?”

“I’d have ridden off like a rocket.”

“And if they’d been on a bike as well?”

“I’d have pushed them off and run for it.”

“Trish that is nonsense and you know it, I caught you up with no bother at all. If I was a nasty person I could have abducted you or killed you or all sorts of things.”

“I let you catch me up, Mummy, I saw you in my mirror.”

“You couldn’t stop me catching you up, I can ride much faster than you–where are you going?” She suddenly accelerated and rode off the cycle path and down an animal track into some bushes.

I stopped, with narrow tyres on wheels which are probably worth at least a couple of hundred if not more, I stopped and called after her. She didn’t answer. Thankfully, the ground was pretty hard and dry and I tried to follow the bike tracks as I walked as briskly as I could after her.

She’d effectively ridden into a small patch of scrub which gave rise to woodland. The path split into three and each was too hard to register tyre tracks, my heart sank.

“TRISH,” I shouted but apart from the noises of the woodland, a rustling of trees and a few bird songs, there was only the traffic on the road behind me and that was increasing.

“TRISH,” I called again, “TRISH, WHERE ARE YOU? You silly little cow.” I was filled with a mixture of fear and anger again. Logic tended to suggest she was alive and well and enjoying giving me the run-around like the naughty imp she was.

At the same time part of me had every sort of catastrophe that could befall her happening in my mind, from being kidnapped by paedophiles to cycling into a ditch or hitting a low branch. I’ve done both the latter and it bloody well hurts.

I’d gone from worried to frantic in a matter of about three minutes. “TRISH,” I yelled so loudly, they probably heard it on the Isle of Wight. No answer came back.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Our Trish

ALISON

'really needs her bottom spanked this time,she has become too smart for her own good.

ALISON

Frustration

Maybe the urge to burn of the frustration just got to much to bare and she needed space.

Hate to say it

but Trish needs to experience something Really nasty happen to her else she will not learn her lesson. She is entering her teenage rebellion really early, this one, but she is still really just a babe in the woods ( case in point ) and maybe this is the opportunity for her to earn a hard lesson.

*Sigh*

Kim

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1312

Why do I feel that Trish will learn a very valuable lesson from this? She is way too much like Julie in many ways.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Will she get consequences or a spanking?

She's such a smart ass. My Son was like that, but he usually paid heavily in consequences for some of his hijinks. One of the worst was when he was riding his bike down a hill full blast and slammed on the "coaster brake" hard enough that it broke the fastening and the arm swung round; depriving him of any stopping power. Fortunately he had the presence of mind and bravery to lay the bike down, but he got so much road rash that the Doctor told him that perhaps he should stay off motor bikes. When he said he'd been riding a bicycle, the Doc said, "well then perhaps you should walk".

He was in so much pain that the spanking I'd been thinking of evaporated into my laughing at him. I absolutely could not help it in spite of the fact that it added insult to injury.

Much peace

Khadijah

I think

she needs her little butt warmed good, and to lose the bike. She knew all she had to do was get Cathy to ride with her.

Questions

Well, I thought things were too good to be true, and it seems that our authoring team have not disappointed.

Thanks A+B: Will Cathy be able to do that blue-light tracking thing? Or will she need to give Trish some healing? Is Trish going to learn a lesson from this? Did we ever resolve the Aspergers thing?

I know, I know, same time, same place tomorrow for the next Bikesode, when the answers to some of these questions might be revealed. I'll be here.

Problematic Situations


Bike Resources

Edge of the seat stuff

and once again Trish is involved,Seems to me that little scamp needs to realise that just because she can do something, It does not meen you go right out and do it , Hopefully this latest escapade will end in a good way, And Trish will learn that that you do not do something like this Because the punishment from your parents is not one you would like to have repeated ....

Kirri

Looks like Julie

is just a warm up for the main event. Trish is going to be a major hand full.

As I predicted, this won't be good

Trish riding off should warrant a 'flogging around the fleet'. No excuse for this behaviour.
However, Trish may get away with it this time, she may be in trouble.

Karen