Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1360

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1360
by Angharad

Copyright © 2011 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I swallowed and opened the door slowly, as I exited the car, I was met by two men, one significantly older than the other. The younger one, probably in his late thirties was the one with the knife. The other jumped into my car and reversed it up a drive, we followed the man with the knife pushing me in the back all the time.

Part of me wanted to mess my pants, part of me wanted to kick his arse and another part of me wanted see that Julie was safe. I went with the latter. As we went into the garden, I was sick again throwing up all over a rockery and the man laughed seeing it as nerves or fear–he was wrong, it was that sandwich or the boat trip.

I was led into a garden shed and my bag was thrown in after me–they taken my phone–and the door was locked. Wonderful, there was just a glimmer of light round the edge of the door and that was it. My little torch was on my key ring which was still in the car. Great stuff. No one knows I’m here that could help me, and I feel lousy–could do with a drink–probably need a pee and I haven’t even got somewhere to sit down.

After a few minutes my eyes adjusted a bit and I could see big things in the shed. It was a wooden one. I could see several large items like a mower and large tools like a spade and fork. There were pots of some sort probably paint.

The shed was warm and stuffy and quite well built. It wasn’t one of those you get from B&Q which fall down a week later, but a handbuilt on with concrete posts and planking. If I broke out of here, it would make so much noise that they hear me long before I got away.

I searched in my bag, was it there or had they found it–no they hadn’t. I grasped it in my hand and fiddled with it feeling for the right application–got it. Then I turned to the door and felt for the hinges and started trying to undo them with my Swiss Army knife. It felt like hours and I was getting very hot and bothered before I managed to start undoing one of them, but it began to move and I knew I had a chance.

I had no idea how long I’d been there, it was getting dark when I got the final one loosened. The door was now held on precariously, my hands were sore and my back and feet were none too comfortable either. I had been stood for ages.
I heard footsteps and the rattle of the key when I kicked hard at the hinged side of the door, it met with some resistance which yelled and ‘oofed’ at the same time. I was none too pleased about being shut in the shed with no food or water so when the man picked himself up from the driveway and came running at me, the blade glinting, I swung the spade and knocked it from his hand, following this up by ramming the handle into his chest as he came through.

He bounced back off it clutching his chest which was when I smacked him on the jaw with the handle and he went down like a sack of coal. He was wearing a belt, so I undid it and tied his hands behind him, pulled his trousers down effectively binding his ankles, gagged him with his shirt and dumped him behind the shed–he was quite heavy and I had to stop and rest for a moment.

I crept up to my car which was parked under some bushes–it wasn’t locked and the keys were still in it. On the floor of the front passenger side lay my Blackberry. I reached in for it and also took the car keys. I left the car unlocked, then made my way down the garden and dialled triple nine. It took a few moments to talk to someone who could help me, I explained briefly where I was and that there was probably at least one hostage and that I had felled one of the kidnappers.

I switched off before they told me to sit and wait–my kid was in there and if her parents–those scum bags–I’d save from death had hurt her, I was going to hurt them and sod the consequences. I was working up to a full blown paddy.

I switched off my phone and crept up to the house it was dark outside and the curtains were drawn–bugger–how am I supposed to form a plan when I don’t know who’s where and with whom. Think about it–I’m busy.

None of the windows I could see into were illuminated, so I had to assume the two or three rooms with curtains pulled had to be the occupied ones. I went in via the back door shutting it as quietly as I could but a man’s voice called, “Is that you, Kev?”

I slipped through the kitchen and into the hallway. The door the voice had come from was now between me and the kitchen and I hid flat to the wall beyond it.

“Kev–you alright?”

I held myself against the wall, my heart hammering in my chest as exertion and adrenalin sped it up.

“Kev?” the voice sounded more anxious, then the door opened and the older man walked out carrying a gun. Shit, that made it a different ball game. He turned to the kitchen as we heard a helicopter fly over quite low–reinforcements. I threw myself at him knocking him into the kitchen, yelling as he went.

He rolled over and kicked me away, the sole of his shoe catching the shoulder of my leather jacket, It pushed me backwards and I rolled into the room he’d just vacated. At this point sirens sounded outside and he decided to run for it instead of trying to bargain with his hostages.

I heard the kitchen door slam behind him and the helicopter began hovering. I turned to look at the room and there looking most uncomfortable were Shirley and Bradley Kemp–tied up and sitting in chairs. They were both gagged.

I pulled down his gag, “Is there more than two of them?”

“Yes,” he gasped as he recognised me–I suspected I looked like the wild woman of Borneo after hours in his shed.

“Where is he?”

“Not here–went off with Julie.”

"The bastard has Julie?”

“Yes.”

“D’you know where he went?”

“No.”

I released the gag on Shirley, “D’you know where he took her?”

“He said something about a caravan to his friend.”

“Where though–there must be thousands on the island.”

“You’re not the police–are you?”

“It’s Lady Cameron, Shirl,” correctly diagnosed Brad.

“What?”

“I can tie you up again if I feels more comfortable?” I offered as a load of burley coppers rushed in waving guns. I do not enjoy being pushed to the floor and having my hands roughly tied behind me with cable tie.

“When I tried to speak I was kicked and told to stay quiet.”

Eventually, Bradley Kemp managed to convince them I wasn’t one of the bad guys and they let me go and helped me up, cutting off the cable ties. “Next time you kick someone make sure they can’t retaliate,” I suggested kneeing the copper in his family jewels which made his colleague laugh. He went to hit me back and I ducked and kicked him in the chest and he went flying over a chair.

“Okay that’s enough. Hawkins get outside–you, Missy be careful or I’ll charge you with assaulting a police officer."

They took statements from each of us and I was allowed to go, cautioned that I should go straight home or else.

I wondered what or else was, so decided I might find out. I walked out to my car and I felt a huge thump in my back which knocked the wind out of me and pitched me forward onto the drive, where I just managed to turn into a forward roll and spun onto the grass.

“Right you bitch, you asked for this.” Standing in front of me as I rose from the grass was the copper with the damaged ego and liking for brutality.

“We’re even now–stop before you get hurt,” I pleaded but all he did was laugh and came at me, swinging his baton. Oh shit, no time to think just react.

He charged at me as I rose, both his hands on the yard long stick, I let him come on to me grabbed his stick, fell backwards and stomach threw him over the top of me. I heard him thump on the grass and he groaned.

I rolled and staggered to my feet, he crawled to his and staggered to stand, which was when my flying drop kick caught his chest and knocked him backwards. He lay on the grass groaning. I went back into the house and began complaining about police brutality–the officer in charge came out but the offender had scarpered.

I asked about the one behind the shed–he’d been taken off to hospital. I walked stiffly to my car and drove out of the drive. Once clear; I found a pub, parked and went in ordered a coffee and brandy. After downing both I called home and reported what had happened to Simon, who told me to book into a hotel and he’d come and get me.

I felt a little better for the drink and the opportunity to use a loo. I bought a bottle of water and went back to the car. I was having a sip of it when the passenger door opened and an irate policeman holding a revolver pointed at me, “It’s payback time, bitch.”

“Put the gun down,” I said noting I’d parked the car in reverse gear.

“When I’ve shot you–I will.”

“Not much of a gunman are you?”

“What?”

“You left the safety on.”

He looked down I pressed the starter and the car leapt backwards knocking him with the door, into the doorframe and ultimately under the front wheel. He screamed and I grabbed the keys and ran from the car into the pub.

A couple of men came out and helped me remove the injured copper from under the car, and the ambulance sent for. I left a message saying I would speak to the police a little later but I had something to do. I handed the gun to the landlord and asked him to surrender it to the police, as it belonged to them.

I drove to a piece of waste ground and parked up, drinking some more water, wondering where Julie was and how I could help her. I sat and closed my eyes asking her to let me know where she was. I felt a warmth in my solar plexus and I knew what to do.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dodgy copper

What the heck did that policeman think he was up to? First of all he attempts to beat Cathy up with his baton, then he pulls a gun on her. Hopefully he'll now be admitted to hospital, whereby his identity can be confirmed. Now, what's the betting he has a mortgage or sizeable loan with High Street Bank PLC? :)

Meanwhile, there's definitely something odd going on with Julie's kidnap. It now appears as though she's been targeted deliberately, although if neighbour 2 was correct, it may be that the Kemps borrowed some money from the wrong people and haven't paid it back yet...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1360

Stupid plod! Guess that he does not know about the legendary Cathy. And glad that her Blue Light is back.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wow really perplexing sitch

... I don't know whether I am coming or going with this episode.

I think the end of the episode is sort of an object lesson for her as she is now asking for help from a not inconsiderable power (duh) which she should have done from the very start instead of it being a last resort.

And what is it with these damn plods anyway and how do they justify hiring such Neanderthals to 'protect' and serve?

Hope that wheel ran over his pathetic genitals, sure don't want any more coming from that place.

Kim

Most British coppers

Angharad's picture

do a reasonable job - however, I always seem to write about rogue ones - which might say more about me than them - I just see it as making the storyline more interesting - having Cathy working alone. As for not using her intuition more often - she wouldn't see it as a power - like most of us, she uses things she knows first and things she's not sure of second.

The actual plotline for this is more convoluted than ever.

Angharad

Angharad

You mean ...

... there's a plot line? You could have fooled me; I've always thought you were as surprised as the rest of us each evening when thing just happen :)

Jolly japes again - thanks.

Robi

Just how many dirty cops are

Just how many dirty cops are left in her neck of the woods? Seems like she's pretty well acted as a one-woman internal affairs (I don't know if they're called something different in the UK) department in finding the bad seeds. Maybe they should just get it over with and deputize her unless a badge would clash with her outfit. Would certainly make her travels faster if she could just flash the lights whenever she hit traffic. :)

As for Julie, you'd think X number of near-death experiences with Cathy saving her would both make even the most reckless teenager a bit more circumspect and make her maybe take some of the more serious advice Cathy doles out.

Lastly, there was a plot? I thought this was the daily see exactly how much it takes to send Cathy on a homicidal killing spree story. Maybe she could spring Stella from the funny farm and go on a two-lady murder-filled odyssey.

Have I mentioned how much I REALLY hate bullies?

Looks like that bully Plod is not going to just loose his pension but also going to become a guest of Her Majesty once he gets released from the hospital. Not sure about British jurisprudence but by US law he could easily be charged with attempted 1st degree murder.

Glad Cathy is who she is

anyone else and the cops would get together, figure out a story to tell, and come after the whole cameron clan. It can't be over with that character but lets hope it is soon. Hmm.... warmth in Cathy's gut - either that sandwich is still a problem or there is some supernatural activity starting up.

Nah, This Cop Was Part Of The Kidnapping.

That's it init Angharad? He was part of it all along and hoped to get some of the money, right?

Jolly good

Gwendolyn

Ah. Back to the old Cathy.

This is more like it. A little bit of action, (For a change?) They still haven't found Julie though.

Keep it up Cathy.

You'll get there on your own as usual.

Still lovin' it Angie.

XZXX

Bev.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

A Copper with a sever learning disability

Looks like Cathy has a bead on Julie, and another go round with the police.

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

BIG QUESTION, Ang

What were Julie's birth parents doing tied up and apparent hostages? Was this assault/kidnapping something to do with HIS past, not Julies?

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Multiple unjustified assaults, attack with intent to kill WITH A DEADLY weapon. Dereliction of duty and on and on and on. He'd better hope Cathy has maimed/crippled him with the car, IE he loses a leg, has a damaged spinal cord, was castrated. As that is the only way he will get any sympathy from a judge. And what is an ex cops life expectancy in prison?
John in Wauwatosa

P.S. LOVE the corrupt cop angle. I remember it was a sicko cop that first assaulted Julie just prior to Cathy rescuing her from the streets.

John in Wauwatosa

Beware the angry Cathy

Thanks A+B: Definitely a lot of action in this Bikesode.

Cathy reminds me of a lioness guarding her cubs, and it's evident that the baddies (what's with that rogue policeman, anyway?) constantly underestimate her abilities and determination. Just as well, otherwise this would be quite a short story.

Protective Strengths


Bike Resources

It is

Angharad's picture

a short story, isn't it? I was thinking of trying to write a long one, or was that tell a tall one?

Angharad :)

Angharad

You know...

You know... Reading part 1361 before this one almost made more sense... Okay, it didn't really. But, that's the order I read things. Some things just weren't adding up, so I went back here and read this one (yeah, I missed an installment. *sighs* But, I'm caught up now). Now all is clear, as clear as mud anyway.

You've still got more than a few loose ends on this episode. Looking forward to how you tie things up (perhaps literally).

Thanks,
Anne

Improving the police force again,

a signature move for Cathy.

Wonder if he is somehow involved. It seems likely.