Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1226.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1226
by Angharad

Copyright © 2011 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

I found myself in this strange but familiar place–a huge white building, with light flowing through huge windows. I could only compare it to a cathedral, and I’ve been in loads of them, but none like this one. It felt like a cathedral to worship light itself.

The whole atmosphere was very light, and I felt light headed, like you do if you go up in the mountains–I’ve been up in the Alps on a school trip looking at Alpine ecology and if you made any exertion at altitude it knackered you in a short time until you get used to it by your body acclimatising–ie producing extra red blood cells, which is why athletes train at altitude. It’s sort of legitimate cheating.

I wondered why I was in this place or at it, whatever the correct term should be, but here I was, wearing a thin white dress and barefoot. Everything felt floaty yet real, it was very strange but not unpleasant or frightening.

There seemed to be no one else here which puzzled me and I wondered if I’d died or something. In which case was this just the death throes of my brain, endorphins giving me a comfortable journey to oblivion–perhaps I was about to find out–um–correction, if there is only nothingness after croaking–then I wouldn’t know would I? Similarly, if my infallible logic holds, then either I’m not dead or I’m wrong? Oops, could prove interesting–haven’t seen any Pearly Gates yet nor St Peter, or even an ethereal dormouse. It’s just me.

Is this what Hell actually is? A waiting room where no one comes and there is no bell to ring for attention? For someone as impatient as I am, it could be quite a torment. I’ll keep wandering round and see if I can find someone.

Wow, this place is vast, even Bath Abbey, which isn’t small would fit into it dozens of times. Still no one here, so why am I here? Seems a bit pointless if you ask me, which you can’t, because I’m sure this is dream or as I said endorphins giving me one last trip. Thing is I can’t remember how I got here, actually I can’t remember anything, except who I am.

Oh-oh, am I going to get fed to the crocodile–I think it’s a crocodile in the ancient myths after they weigh my heart and find it’s full of low density lipoprotein — bad cholesterol to anyone who picks up on my thoughts–it’ll probably break the scales and they’ll chuck it to the crocodile who eats it and moments later collapses because of all the chemicals in it.

Am I only joking because I’m scared or because I’m light headed? Whatever has happened to my physical body, I assume there is one somewhere, must be causing these strange sensations in my head. Perhaps my kidneys have packed up or something? Just can’t remember anything.

Um–that isn’t quite true–I can remember my body isn’t quite as it started off, I mutilated it–or got a very clever surgeon to do so for me–ah that’s why no one is coming to see me–I’m obviously chief pariah or public enemy number one. Well this could take some time–‘cos I ain’t gonna apologise.

Looking at myself, as best I can–there are no mirrors, just enormous high windows and this blinding white light–I have a female shape, either that or the gown thing has lumps in the chest. Um–that feels a bit irreverent for my surroundings.

Why am I here and where am I? Who brought me here? I call out but my voice instead of forming words makes strange sounds–weird or what? Yet I can think–I assume I am, or is this just the deranged ramblings of a dying brain? What happened to the tunnel of light and the silver thread connecting me to my body–didn’t see any of that? Trust me to be different.

I walk some more and this place seems to stretch on and on no matter which direction I take. I’m not tired, but becoming frustrated–I’ve explored everywhere–well, I’ve walked up and down for some time–somehow, I suspect time is something that doesn’t count up here. Um–I said up here, because of the sense of altitude, it could be down here for all I know.

Now if I had wings, I could get about much more quic–ooh-er–I’ve got wings. Hey, I can fly–this is good, beats walking any day. Can’t be an angel–can I? Nah–do they have ti...I mean breasts? No such thing as angels, nor the rest of it, this is all a weird dream–gotta be.

I’m getting the hang of this flying lark, though I can’t seem to get up to the windows to see out of them. This place is absolutely vast, and I still don’t seem to be anywhere except where I started. Let’s try a landing–I walked away from it, so that’s supposed to be a good one.

Sod it, if there is someone here who wants me, they can come to me. I sat down cross-legged and adjusted my dress. After a while I felt uncomfortable and knelt down sitting on my feet.

I sensed something coming towards me–I kept my gaze downwards. Then words formed in my head but as if something else was putting them there, however, I couldn’t respond to them.

‘Catherine, for that is your name, we are pleased you have assumed the position of a penitent. Your sins are forgiven, although some of them were serious including the taking of life, you have also restored it in others and given freely of your love to others who were in need.

Your time is not yet and we have further work for you to do, so return and continue the work we have ascribed to you. Be gone back to the physical world.’

I wanted to ask questions about what was what and who and where and when, plus a few more but suddenly I felt a wind like a tornado approaching me and I was whisked up by it and tossed about like a feather in a gale.

Instead of the light everything was black, as dark as a starless night and instead of being unaware of my body I was suddenly consumed by pain. My head felt like it would burst and I felt like a flash of pain shoot right through me, then again and I landed with crash, the whirlwind was gone, in its place were voices–“Yes, she’s restarted–oh good we have some systole–had me worried for a moment–these arrests with head injuries are a bugger. Right get some X-rays and as soon as she stabilises, I want a scan...Cathy, I don’t know if you can hear me. It’s Ken, Ken Nicholls, you’re going to be alright–just hang in there. You’ve had one hell of a whack on the bonce, on the back of your head. We have to run some more tests so be patient with us. We don’t have your clever skills–so if you can do it on yourself, feel free–if not, you’ll have to be patient as we bumble along doing our best, and believe me kiddo, we are going to do everything we possibly can to sort you out as quickly as we can. Just rest for now, it’ll help with the healing.”

I don’t know if he was still talking or what, but I felt this wave of extreme exhaustion overwhelm me and I felt myself drifting off in this wave of tiredness into sleep.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Shekinah?

So Cathy has another NDE - except this time there's mention of the forgiveness of sins and a "we" - which indicates a gestalt entity.

The taking of life? Erm, I don't think that's occurred very often - and then it was almost certainly self-defence - protecting the lives of herself and her family. Heck, she's saved a heck of a lot more lives - both from death, serious injury and general lifelong unpleasantness (i.e. every single member of her brood).

"The work we have ascribed to you" - certainly suggests plenty more BLH episodes to come! Now, where are Trish and Julie? Unfortunately, Ken probably hasn't heard that they have lesser versions of Cathy's gift, so could probably help, so probably won't invite them in until he's stabilised Cathy by conventional means.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

It may be nitpicking,

but use of "we" doesn't require a gestalt entity.

Check out the dictionary definition of the 'royal we' (Pluralis Majestatis) - When an individual in a high post (Kings, Popes, Master of the Templars ...) speaks 'from the post' then the 'royal we' is used to distinguish between the individual, and the individual acting in the post. If this episode is Cathy been spoken to by the god she refuses to believe in (or Cathy hallucinating this), then the use of the 'royal we' by the unseen speaker would be appropriate.

Another possibility

is the traditional holy trinity of Father Son and holy spirit. But I agree that the royal 'we' would be appropriate for the deity.

Kim

You've either been smoking some serious grass

or Bonzi's been walking in it. Izzy, well, she's probably sitting there saying something like "This tastes nothing like Go-Cat."

Another reprieve. And that's just us readers.

Thank f*** for that.

S.

Thank goodness

No ditch! Back to reality then.

I've experimented

Angharad's picture

with all sorts of things with this series, including the metaphysical - draw your own conclusions but I hope you all enjoy it.

Angharad

Angharad

Experimented!

With what?

Been off on a trip have we.

Walk carefully on the other side. Crossing back can be as tricky as all hell.

Love and hugs.
Beverly.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

Is that what...

Is that what you call it...

Sounds like you found a good "purgatory" for Cathy. LOL If you let her remember any/all of it, it could lead to some major introspection and/or perhaps some big time questions on her part...

Nice it was Ken, there at the end... Perhaps it's a good thing that Ken's not aware that other members of her family have some ability to "channel" the blue light. Else, he'd likely be asking for lessons. Based on how much you've shown him to "care" for his patients, I think he's likely to be willing to do just about anything to "learn" it...

Thanks,
Anne

Out Of The Bag

Unless Nichols is talking to himself in theatre/ER/A&E, it must now be open knowledge at least amongst his team, that Cathy is the mysterious healer.

I wonder...

...whether Cathy will remember this experience, and if so, whether it will also affect her personal philosophy.

Thanks A+B: this was certainly a lot different to the usual fare you serve up here.

Pondering Sketchily


Bike Resources

I was hopin she'd get another chat with the Goddess.

Of course these things always seem to happen without warning; no way to plan them; pitty really. Oh, I get it now, she was being spoken to by the Goddess's Daddy, the God! Thought you did not believe in these blokes? Confusing really.

Nice epi though.

Khadijah

Bike pt 1226

What and who will she remember when she awakens? Will she remember that she was Charlie and that Stella ran over her?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

So why this moment

for her to have this chat? Almost like a mid-term report card as far as I can see, a review of what has been accomplished. We all know what the final report card will be don't we folks?

I think the main effect will to give her family the opportunity to reflect on their own behavior and what their mother and wife had given to their lives, over and over again. Here's hoping the lesson will be taken to heart.

Kim

Divergence

Is this the start of a new era with Cathy and the family

I found it odd

that the entity (whoever it was) started off by telling Cathy that her sins are forgiven. Was she ever concerned about sins or being forgiven? I appreciate the religious implication that you don't have to go to a church, donate money, participate in strange rituals, and follow the commands of some self appointed religious leader to be forgiven. You just have to be a good person.

What's meant by Cathy having a female form and being told her name is Catherine (as if she didn't know). Is this entity making sure she is recognized as a woman? Enjoyed the "—ooh-er—I’ve got wings. Hey, I can fly—". Hasn't everyone been telling Cathy that she's an angel? Have we finally reached the spot where she becomes fully a woman? What a joke on poor Cathy if she has a period - can just imagine her going to the doctor for bleeding and being told with a snicker that she's the oldest woman to have her first period this doctor has ever seen. (or even more of a joke - she doesn't get a period because she gets pregnant)

My expectation is that Cathy will remember this but who knows what A&B have in store.

Thank Goid it's Ken Nichols!

Cathy has shared her incredible spiritual blue light healing power with Ken Nichols and knows what a great physician and friend he is. In her present confusion and pain, it must be a great lift to her spirits to hear the voice of such a man. Holding my breath! Come on Cathy!

jmacaulay

jmacaulay

I just hope she remembers it,

but of course she will discount it as a hallucination. Though she does seem to be coming to terms with her gift, and its implications in the later chaptersl

Hi Cathy, It's Ken, it's ok if you heal yourself, I'm kinda busy

I don't know, we seem to get close to some religion or another.
I like the vision of Hell, standing in a line with no end, buzzer, or phone.
Mine is a line at the State Registry of Motor Vehicals, when you reach the front, you're told you have the wrong form, get the correct form, and go to the back of the line.Over and over again.

Karen

Sounds like

Angharad's picture

the military.

Angharad