Adrenaline Jackey page 6

Printer-friendly version

It was not long before I arrived at Frankfurt’s house. It was decent size and sweetly placed in a nice neighborhood. I had met Frankfurt in kindergarten after both being into Pokémon. We used to hang out every day with our Gameboys and play the newest games. We somehow got every class together, and that cemented our friendship continuing even now.

I strolled up to the door and run the bell. A sweet girl of six swung open the door, “Hey Berlin!”

The girl’s brilliant light eyes lit up even brighter, “ROMAN!!!” She jumped into my arms.

“I love you too, Berlin. Is your brother home?”

She let go and replied, “Yeah, he’s upstairs. Wanna play with me instead? He’s a stinky face.”

I bent my knees a little, “Oh, I’d love to, I just have a quick thing I need to talk to Frank about, and then we can play whatever you want.”

“Whatever I want??”

“Yup! Anything at all!!” The little girl squealed and hugged me before running off to prepare whatever in her room.

“Roman, is that you?” It was Mrs. Hazel, Frankfurt’s mom.

I entered into the kitchen, “Yeah, it’s me, Mrs. H.”

“What brings you here?”

“Sorry, Mrs. H. I got into it with my dad again, haha.”

“What did you do this time?”

“Maybe had a dream which opened a life-changing door and happened to changed my name and pronouns with the med staff.”

“Oh… Oooh. That’s a big change, huh.”

“Yeah, it is. My name is Rome, and my pronouns are she/her.”

“Okay, Rome sweetie, would you like to stay for dinner?”

“I’d love to!” My grin was all goofy and happy again. I love being called my name. I love it, I love it, I love it EEEEEEEEE!

As I climbed the steps, I could hear shouting in the other room. “You mother fuckers! I’ll fill you with lead!” He’s playing one of his games again. He needs to spend less time on the game and more time with me… Oh, fuck am I really having those thoughts now? We’re not even dating… yet. What do you mean by yet? I don’t know!

I knocked on the door to hear some sort of greeting before walking in to see Frank sitting in his gaming chair, shooting whatever baddies coming at him. Looking at him now, I found him not as attractive as I fantasized. “Hi, Frank.”

“Roman? What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was nearby and wanted to say hi.”

“Hold on a sec, guys, my friend came by.” I heard some voices coming from the headphones he was wearing. Many of them saying some very creative insults. Looking at the standing Frank closer, I couldn’t help but wonder why did my dream make him my husband? I have absolutely no attraction to this guy. If anything, I feel kinda sick from even the idea that my best friend, who is like a brother to me, could be my husband or uh do um that with me. “So, what is it?”

“What is what?”

“Don’t get smart with me, Roman. I know it when you need to tell me something. You always have that constipated look on your face.”

I could feel my body heat up from embarrassment, “I went down Devil’s ride.”

“I heard, and you got put into the hospital for it like the idiot you are.”

“Hey! It wasn’t so bad I kinda learned something about myself while knocked out.”
Frankfurt crossed his arms, “And what is that?”

“That um I uh,” I twiddled with a piece of my hair.

“That you’re gay.”

“No no no well kinda? Let me explain.”

“Then spit it out. I have a game to get back to.” More creative insults were coming from the tiny voices in the headset. Why is it so hard to tell him? He’s my very best friend, we grew up since childhood, we’re practically siblings. I literally see and interact with the Hazel Family, way more than my own family. Why is this so hard?

There was a knock on the door and entered, “Rome, Frankie, would you like some jello?” It was from Mrs. Hazel.

“I’d love some, Mrs. H!” while Frankfurt shrugged. We received the jello from Mrs. Hazel, and she left.

“Rome?” Frank queried.

“Hahaha, yeah, my name is Rome now, and” My voice turned down to a whisper, “I’m a girl now.”

“You’re a what?”

I spoke louder, “I’m a girl now, Frankfurt!”

“You don’t have boobs.” He felt my crotch, causing me to slap him. “And you definitely still have a dick.” Rubbing the slap I gave him.

I facepalmed, “I’m a girl maybe not on the outside but on the inside.” Tears of embarrassment were surfacing, “When I was knocked out, I had a dream where I lived another life as a girl, and when I woke up, I really wanted that dream to be a reality.” I sobbed as my knees gave out, “I really want to be a girl!” I felt a tight, nervous, warm embrace. My eyes met his worried, sympathetic eyes.

“I don’t really know or understand, Rome, but if it’s causing you this much pain, it must be important.” He sat back and rubbed his neck, “I don’t remember when the last time you cry like that. So, it must be important. And I’m sorry for touching you, I’m such an idiot sometimes.” He gave an award-winning, handsome smile that made my heart skip.

“No, it’s okay. I just. I don’t know.” I could taste my blush.
Fortunately, the door slammed itself opened, “There you are!” It was Berlin, “Are you done talking with brother?”

I stood up, “Yup, what are we playing?” I grinned. I really wanted to play with dolls like dream-little-girl me did.

“Follow me, and I’ll show you.” She grabbed my hand, pulling me with her. I waved goodbye to Frank, who only gave me a prayer in return, the bastard.

“Hey Berlin, guess what.”

“What?”

“Is it okay if I’m a girl around you?”

Her little eyes sparkled with happiness, “A girl like me?”

“Yup, like you! My name is Rome.”

“Okay, but you have to call me Princess Berlin?”

“Okay, silly girl.” And we played until dinner time.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos