Angel Of Justice Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version

Before Katlain heads home. She stops by her bank and accesses her safe deposit box. In her safe deposit box, she had money she had been squirreling away from the jobs she did for Red. She pulls out $40,000.00 in cash and places it in her purse. There was a Jeep Wrangler that has had some work done to it already that a car dealership was selling.

She heads towards the dealership and meets with the salesman. The Wrangler she was looking at was black and had a new Full KING Suspension, 40" Nittos tires, 4.88 Gears, Full Smittybilt Armor. She ends up paying $30,000.00 for it because she was paying in cash. She informs the salesman she wants it clean and fueled up by closing this evening.

Once Katlain gets done with purchasing the wrangler. She heads towards her storage unit and looks through a few containers that belong to her parents. She had all their stuff in storage while they were still in jail. She was looking for her father’s old address book that had a number she needed from it. She finally finds the address book she was looking for.

The address book had the number of her father’s friend that used to supply drugs to him. He was her godfather and made a promise to look after her. She had another contact she was going to check out first before she goes to her godfather. She didn’t want him to get the idea that she was dealing in drugs.

She heads towards Craven-street where she knew her contact hung out at. She checks her gun and makes sure it was ready before she gets out of her car. The place she was heading into was called The Rear End. She still can’t get over the name of the bar.

As she walks into the dimly lit bar. She stops to let her eyes adjust to the lighting. She looks around and notices the place wasn’t as busy as it normally was. She heads back towards the dressing room where she hopes her contact Onyx was. She sticks her head in and spots her friend sitting down in front of the mirror putting her make-up on.

She walks in and heads down towards Onyx. Most of the other women in the dressing room pay her no mind. They knew she was Onyx’s friend and sometimes she performed up on stage as well.

“Hey, Onyx.” Katlain stops behind her.

“No, I’m not going to help you.” Onyx turns around in her chair to look at Katlain.

Onyx had long wavy black hair that frames her beautiful angelic face. Her lips were small and had bright blue eyes. Her small nose made her look like a goddess of legend.

“What do you mean no? I haven’t asked you anything yet. Besides, I know how much you like money.” Katlain pulls three one hundred dollar bills out of her pants pocket and shows her.

Onyx looks at the money. Lately, tips haven’t been very good.

“Make it five hundred and I’ll help you.” Onyx was going to see if she could get the extra money from Katlain.

“Only if what I ask you pan out.” Katlain will give her the extra money if the information pans out.

“What do you want to know?” Onyx knew Katlain did side jobs.

The last time she asked her for a favor had been to locate a valuable car. The guy who owned it was a frequent visitor to the club.

Katlain leans in close “do you happen to overhear when a drug shipment for Ventusky Ricci will be coming?”

Onyx just looks at Katlain like she was nuts. No one stole drugs, money, and women from Ventusky Ricci.

“Have you lost your mind?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I need that information.” Katlain wanted to highjack it and get officer Williams in trouble.

“You have to be nuts to even think about doing whatever you are thinking.” Onyx shakes her head.

“Look, do you know when his next shipment is coming in and where?”

“Yes, I know when he is getting his next shipment and what time it will be here. Are you sure you want to do whatever you are going to do?” Onyx knew what Ventusky Ricci will do to Katlain if she gets caught.

Katlain takes a deep breath and lets it out. She wanted to tell Onyx why she needed the information, but she couldn’t. It would be better if Onyx didn’t know.

Onyx looks at her friend and notices she was thinking about something. She knew Katlain didn’t deal in drugs. If nothing else, she tries to stay as far away as she could from anyone that was associated with drugs.

“Tomorrow night at 11:00pm. The drugs are coming in liquid form inside a gas tanker. He’s also shipping out a large shipment of money tonight.
The person driving the box truck is a friend of his. The box truck will have Pandora furniture store on the side of it.” Onyx knew she shouldn’t be telling Katlain this information, but Katlain helped her out of a jam when they were younger.

“Is there anything written on the gas tanker?” Katlain needed to know that information.

“Yes, it will have Dino fuels on the side of the tanker itself. It will be coming up from Savannah on route 278.”

“Thanks, Onyx.” Katlain hands her the extra two hundred. She also gives her a hug as well.
Onyx returns the hug “be careful, Katlain.”

“I will Onyx.” Katlain leaves Onyx and heads towards her house to drop her Maverick off.

She calls her buddy at the cab company to come and pick her up. She needed to go to the dealership to pick her 2011 Jeep Wrangler up. She doesn’t say much as she brings up the location of where the warehouse Ventusky Ricci uses is. She knew if she was going to steal the truck that was transporting the money. She was going to have to set-up a nice trap for them.

After she gets dropped off, she gets the keys to her new used Jeep and heads towards her garage to change clothes and pick-up a few items. She had an idea in mind for stealing the box truck. She was going to need to set the trap upright, so she could steal what she needed. Once she arrives at her garage, she loads the back of the jeep up with the items she was going to need. She knew the perfect way to take the box truck out, without damaging it.

Once she has everything she needed. She gets back into her jeep and heads towards the place where the box truck would be loading up. She knew most of the warehouses that Ventusky used. She spots the box truck and parks somewhere safe. She grabs the items she was going to need and carefully make her way towards the box truck. There were at least four guards guarding the box truck.

Katlain moves quickly and quietly under the truck. She moves slowly towards the fuel pump and splice in a remote kill switch to cut the fuel feed. She drills a small hole to put a pen camera up to see if there were any people inside the back guarding the money. She spots three additional people. She moves towards the back of the box truck and slightly opens the door. She slips a knockout grenade she stole from the White Supremacist group the police just recently took down. Once she secures the door. She sneaks out and heads back to her Jeep to wait and watch.

The box truck doesn’t leave right away, but after twenty minutes it leaves the warehouse and she follows it till it gets to the place she planned for the ambush. She presses the remote and watches as the truck starts slowing down. She had disguised herself, so the guys inside couldn’t identify her.

When the truck comes to a complete stop. She pulls in close behind them and jumps out and runs up to the driver door. Before the guys inside could figure out what she was doing. She tosses a flash grenade inside blinding and disorientating them. While they are disoriented, she sticks them with a needle and knocks them out.

She heads towards the back of the box truck and opens it. Inside was a nice pallet filled with money.

“Dam! That’s a lot of dirty money.” She climbs up into the truck and unloads all the money into her jeep.

She couldn’t believe the how full her jeep was after loading all the money. She takes the tracker she found among the money and tosses it out into the empty field. She pulls out Officer Williams business card and thinks about dropping it in the back of the truck. Should she leave it so Ventusky Ricci can take his revenge against him or wait for tomorrow? She taps her chin as she thinks about it.

She’ll wait for tomorrow. She gets back into her Jeep and heads towards her garage to hide the money she just took. Tomorrow, she’ll set-up Williams and take him and anyone connected to him off the force. She heads upstairs to the small apartment over her second garage. She’ll sleep there tonight, instead of going home.

up
283 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Playing with fire

Jamie Lee's picture

Katlain better hope her plans go as expected or she'll get more than burned with the fire she's playing with.

Others have feelings too.