Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

The following morning the girls were still a little confused about what had happened last night. However, last night had demonstrated to them that there was nothing their new family wouldn’t do for them. They also learned that the wolves were indeed vicious animals and would defend them. Julia and Gina was wondering where their father had gotten off too. They had seen him at breakfast, but he had taken off afterwards. He wasn’t out on the property or in his office. They also hadn’t seen Chaos this morning, but that was normal for him. The only time he was around the house was when their father was here.

Sphinx and Cadmus was being extra protective of them today. Julia couldn’t believe that sphinx had gone first out of her bedroom door this morning. He normally let her, but he was being extra proactive.

Gina had notice that both wolves were closer then they normally would when they took their horseback lessons from their Aunt. They normally stayed outside the corral and looked in, but this time they were inside the corral near the fence.

When Debbie took the girls out on the property from the corral so they could get use to how their horses moved better, the wolves kept pace with them. Even though the girls knew how to ride, she wanted them to be true experts in the saddle like herself and their father. She puts the girls through their paces with all the riding and jumping they were doing.

Selina had informed her about what happened last night and had told her to keep the girls away from the forest access path near the runway.

She said they could take the other path that took them up and around the back of the property.

Jack had left just after breakfast this morning to go and look for the rest of the members of the hit squad that had been sent to kill him and his family. He had taken Chaos with him and was scouting out their location right now. He had spotted two guards patrolling the property. They had taken up at an old farm house on the outskirts of town. There was a range rover and a van parked near the house.

He takes out his thermals and look inside the house. Three heat sources inside, spread out throughout the house.

Jacks rubs Chaos fur “feel like going hunting Chaos?”

Chaos just growls low as he and Jack start heading towards the house. Jack moves quietly and places remote charges on the Land Rover and the van. He watches as Chaos jumps one person and drags his body into the high grass. Jack grabs the other person from behind and snaps his neck. He motions for Chaos to the window of the nearest target. Jack gives him the sign to jump through the window as Jack shatters the glass with a special baton. Once the glass is shatter, Chaos jumps through and attacks the other guy. Jack blows the wall of where one of the other guys are and walks through the opening. Several bullets hit his body armor and shatter on impact. He fires his triple barrel shotgun, taking out that guy as he heads for the last guy, which was busy protecting himself from Chaos.

Peter had looked at his watch and wonder where the rest of his team was. They should had been back by sunrise. He had started to become worried that they might have been capture, but how? There was no way any one knew they were here. While he was looking at the plans they had on Jack Bounty’s property, he heard a glass window shatter and then the loud growl of an animal and the scream of one of his men. The next thing he knows, he feels the building shake as an explosion occurs and the noise of gun fire and then the loud sound of a shotgun going off. Just as he was about to investigate, he gets jumped by a huge ass animal and was busy trying to protect his face and neck from this animal’s teeth as he was pinned to the floor.

“Stad!” Jack stands near Chaos as he watches his big wolf stop.

Perry heard the word and then the person he had been sent to kill was standing right here next to him with a big ass dog growling above him with blood dripping out of its mouth.

“You know something Mister. Right now, the only thing between you and him is me. Personally, I would love to watch him tear your throat out and kill you. But then, I’ll never get any of my questions answered. So, this is how we are going to do this. I’m going to give you three choices. Choice A) Me and you have a nice talk without me torturing you., Which in the end I’m going to kill you any way. Choice B) I torture you to get the information I want, which won’t be pleasant, because I know several ways to make you talk and keep you alive. Which you will be killed afterwards, but I won’t make it quick. It will be a slow and painful death. Choice C) You go and tell me to fuck myself and I turn him loose on you and he kills you quick and easy. Which I lose in the end. So, which choice do you want? Oh, but by the way if you don’t decide, he will and you’ll be dead.” Jack just watches him.

“Those aren’t choices. I end up dead either way.” Paul couldn’t believe this guy.

“True, but you were already died when you agreed to take the contract on me and my family’s life. There’s nothing I can do about that. There are rules to this game and if you don’t play by the rules, you die.” Jack wanted to do this the easy way, but he knows how hired assassins were.

Just looking at Jack, Peter didn’t think he could take the man in hand-to-hand combat. Maybe he could take him in knife fighting, but not hand-to-hand.

Chaos growls to remind him he better makes a choice or he would.

“I’ll die before you could get anything from me through torture.” Paul knew no matter what the torture was he couldn’t be broken.

“You think so? Well, let’s find out. I’m not called the Devil’s Bounty Hunter for nothing.” Jack picks Paul up off the floor and secure his hands behind his back. Jack takes him to the bathroom and place him in the tub.

“Now, I had wish we could had done this an easier way, but this will work. You see this drug I am going to use will force you to tell me everything you know and afterwards you’ll forget who you are. There’s no recovery from it unfortunately. There is a side effect with this drug. It makes you lose control of your bowls for twenty-four hours, because it even affects your muscle control as well. I found the recipe for this drug while exploring some ruins in Egypt. Even the ancient Egyptians had problems with people telling the truth.” Jack pulls a small pouch from a pouch on his belt and pulls out a vial of purple liquid. He pulls out a fresh needle and fill it with the liquid.

“Now is your chance to tell me everything I want to know willingly or lose your memories forever.” Jack stands there with a serious deathly look on his face.

“Fine, I’ll tell you. I don’t want to lose my memories, even though you are going to kill me afterwards.” Peter didn’t want to be found with crap in his pants and drooling like a mad dog.

Jack puts the needle down and pulls out his recorder.

“Start talking and don’t leave anything out.” Jack presses play and listens to everything the guy wants to say. He tells Jack everything from how to get in contact with the contractor to how to send proof of death.

“Well, now that I know all this, including where your office and storage unit is. I should keep my end of the bargain.” Jack picks the needle up and jams it into Paul’s arm.

“You said you were going to kill me. I don’t want to be found with crap in my pants and my mind gone.” Paul was scared now.

“I am, this is a fast acting poison.” Jack turns and walks away.

Paul closes his eyes for the last time for this life.

Jack pulls the two bodies outside into the house and call a friend to come to get the van and Land Rover after removing the explosives.
He tosses an incendiary device into the house to set it a blaze after removing everything from it.. The fire should burn the bodies beyond being able to be identify.

up
250 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Remind me to never go near

Remind me to never go near Jack's place if I am out and about in Montana.
Hopefully he does not live anywhere near either Flathead Lake and Swan Lake areas,
or Thompson Falls, where I have family members.

Gene pool thinned

Jamie Lee's picture

Geez, these guys were amateurs! They were out of there league going after Jack.

Once again Jack and Chaos helped thin the gene pool, to the benefit of everyone.

So Sanzo thinks his hit team will rid the criminal world of a headache. Wonder how he'll react when he comes face to face with Jack? And loses!

Others have feelings too.

Even the devel

Samantha Heart's picture

Would be scared of Jack Bounty true you cant kill what is already dead, but you can lock them away for all eternity lol. Jack has his methods, and his methods are quite effective. Remind me to never go to his place uninvited. Any uninvited gust are delt with severly.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.