Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Jack covers up a yawn as he drove from the private airfield back towards his ranch. He had just landed a thirty minutes ago and had gotten in his hummer to drive back to the ranch with Chaos. Both were jet-lagged and just wanted to get home. Jack pulls up to one of the convenience store near his ranch and parks. He was still feeling tired and could use a cup of their cheap coffee.

As he walks in to get his coffee. Starts noticing thing weren’t right. The people were standing around and acting kind of strange. Jack walks over and starts pouring his coffee and press his remote to open the Hummers door.

“If you’re trying to rob this place or are holding hostages here, I suggest you drop your weapons and surrender to me now.” Jack had already palmed his gun to his hand, but was keeping it hidden.

A Latino gang member comes up with a gun in his hand and points it at him.

“What are you going to do gringo?” He was pointing his gun at Jack’s face.

Jack ignores him and just takes a sip of the coffee he just poured in the cup.

He looks at the kid “I’m going to give you a chance to reach adulthood, punk. Now, you can give me your gun and along with all your companions and leave here unmolested or I can take that gun from you and shove it up your ass.”

Jack takes another sip of his coffee.

“I’m the one with the gun gringo, you got nothing.”

“Wrong, I have a very hungry wolf that is waiting to eat you and” Jack shoves his gun into the guy’s groin.

“I also have birth control as well. Now, let’s see who blinks?” Jack lets the punk see the dead look in his eyes that meant he will kill and not feel anything.

A very loud growl could be heard coming through the store door.

The punk looks could feel the gun pressing against his groin and could tell it was a very big gun shoved against him.

“Trae tus armas y dáselo a este tipo.” The guy puts his gun on the table and the other people with him do the same thing.

“Smart move.” Jack walks with the kids towards the door.

“Téigh ar ais go dtí an carr.”

Chaos turns around and starts heading back towards the hummer.

“Now, you guys have five seconds to get the hell out of here before I start thinning the gene pool.” Jack still had his gun in his hand. He takes another sip of his coffee.

All four Latino punks run to their car and squeals out of the parking lot. Jack stands there and watches till the car gets far away. Jack presses the remote to shut the door of the hummer. He turns back around and walks back inside to pay for his coffee.

“No charge for you Mister Bounty. Here are the guns for you to take as well.” The store clerk hands the bag to Jack. He was one of his regular customers and knew how dangerous the man was.

This wasn’t the first time he has come inside and found that the place was being held up. It was the first time he had seen that big ass wolf outside his door. The last two times Mr. Bounty had come in here, he sent out body bags. This time was different.

“Thanks Nandi.” Jack gets a refill and heads back out to his hummer.

Jack tosses the guns in the back and backs up and heads back towards his home. All he wants to do is get back to his girls and get some rest in.

Gina and Julia were sitting at the breakfast table eating their breakfast. Today their father was supposed to come home. He had promise them and they knew he always kept his promises to them. The first thing they see is Chaos walking into the kitchen.

“Daddy!”

Gina is the first one to hop out of her seat and runs to Jack who was standing in the hallway with his arms open to welcome his girls.

“Dad”

Julia comes running right behind Gina. Gina throws herself into her arms and holds on to him. Julia tackles him as well and holds onto him.
Jack just wraps his arms around both his girls and holds them tight against his body. He could feel Gina crying against his shoulder. He felt Julia hug him tight. She was so happy her daddy was back.

Gina was just happy her father was back safe and sound. She hadn’t been able to sleep like she normally did when he was here. She didn’t want to let him go ever again.

Cara walks because she wanted to know what all the ruckus was first thing in the morning. When she walks towards the kitchen she notices both her granddaughters hugging their father.

“Welcome home son.” She places a kiss on his cheek.

“Thanks mom.”

Jack walks towards the kitchen carrying both his girls. He was happy to be home seeing his family again. He notices Gina was trembling in his arms.

“What’s wrong pumpkin?”

Gina looks at her father with tears sliding down her cheeks “I don’t want you to leave us again.”

Jack sighs ‘Gina, that’s a promise I can’t make. I do have a job to do. However, I will promise you that for the next few months I will not take any missions or jobs and be totally here with you and your sister. Okay?”

“Okay, daddy.” Gina buries her face against his shoulder.

“How about you, pumpkin? Are you okay with that promise?” Jack looks down at his oldest.

Julia looks up at her father and shakes her head yes to his question. She felt the same way Gina did and just wanted her father to stay home for now on.

“Okay, girls. Finish your breakfast.” Selina fixes a mug of coffee for Jack. She knew how he like his coffee and what he will want to eat.

Julia goes back to her seat, but Gina stays with her father.

Jack places a kiss on her cheek.

“Go on sweetie. Do what Selina said. I’m not going anywhere.”

Gina lets go of her father and goes back over to her seat and start to finish her breakfast.

Jack accepts his coffee mug from Selina and start drinking it. This coffee was a lot better than the one he brought earlier at the store.

Jack watches as his Uncle comes stumbling in half asleep.

“Morning uncle.”

Seamus looks over at his nephew as he stumbles to an empty seat.

Selina places the coffee mug he has been using in front of him.

“Go raibh maith agat Selina” Seamus picks the coffee up and takes a sip of it.

“Tá fáilte romhat” Selina responses back in Irish.

She fixes herself a coffee and sits down with everyone at the table.

up
244 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ah, a new way of looking at a

Ah, a new way of looking at a gun pointed at your groin--birth control. Well played Jack, well played indeed.

Which one was it?

Jamie Lee's picture

Was it the big gun stuck in his groin or the monster at the door which changed the minds of those dumb fools? Or the dead look in Jack's eyes? It's a certainty they won't be back to rob that store.

Jack made a promise that might be hard to keep, if someone takes another contract on him. Or his boss needs him to take care of a delicate problem. But seeing how he works, a promise made is a promise kept.

Now that daddy is back, Gina should have no trouble sleeping at night.

Others have feelings too.