Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Julia and Gina were disappointed when they woke-up the next day. Their father had left without letting them know. Their grandmother wouldn’t tell them where he went or when he would be back. All she would tell them was that he had some important business that needed to be handle and he should be back by the end of the week. The girls still would had like to have seen him off. Also, they couldn’t find Chaos anywhere, which was unusual. Chaos normally came to the house to eat and sleep.

On Tuesday, they get a phone call from their father. Selina had answer the phone.

“Girls, your father is on the phone.” Selina puts the phone on the speaker for them.

“Daddy, where are you?” Gina was the first to speak.

“I’m in Seattle, Washington sweetie. I had a business meeting with an import and export business I own up here. What have you and your big sister been doing?” Jack was sitting at a warehouse he owned threw a few dummy corporations. It was an old seafood processing plant.

His plan to catch the contractor had worked out and now he was going to interrogate him and find out who put the contract on his life.

“We went horseback riding with Aunt Debbie and today she took us to the rodeo to meet some of her friends. Daddy, we can’t find Chaos anywhere. He hasn’t come home or been seen around the ranch.” Gina was worried about him. She liked the big ole wolf.

“He’s with me sweetie, I had to take him in for his annual check-up.” Jack hated lying to his girls, but she couldn’t know that Chaos was important.

“Okay daddy. Daddy, when will you be back?” This time it was Julia asking the questions.

“I’ll be home by the end of the week sweetie, I promise. I’ll bring something home for you two. Oh, I have asked Aunt Debbie to take you girls and grandma to a new salon that has opened. I think you’ll enjoy it sweeties. Afterwards, she’s taking you all to one of my favorite restaurants. I hope you girls and Uncle Seamus enjoy it.” Jack had made a call to his chef friend at La Peru and reserved a table for everyone and instructed them to put it on his account.

“I wish you were home daddy.” Julia didn’t like it when their father went off. She sorts of knew what type of work he did, because she had heard him talking to Selina.

“I promise sweetie. I will be home by the end of week one way or another.” Jack was going to keep his word to his oldest daughter.

“Alright daddy. Daddy, grandma wants to speak with you.” Julia watches as their grandmother come into their father’s office.

“Jack? You said that you made reservations for me and the girls at the new salon that just opened?” Cara had overheard Jack talking to the girls.

“Yes ma’am. I thought you and the girls would enjoy the day at a new spa. I know the owner and she is a nice lady. Uncle Seamus will enjoy the Tarnish Copper Pub down the street from the spa. I arrange for dinner at La Peru for you, Uncle Seamus and the girls as well. Debbie is going to be tagging along.” Jack had arranged for them to have a fun day.

“Alright Jack. I do hope to see you by the end of the week.” Cara was trying to give her son a message without the girls knowing.

“You will mom, one way or another.” Jack was going to show-up at home. He always kept his promise.

“Alright Jack. I’m holding you to that promise.” Cara knew Jack wouldn’t let her or the girls down. There were times she regretted he ever went to work for MI 6. She missed her innocent son.

“Bye everyone.” Jack hangs up and turns towards the contractor.

“Now, where were we?” An evil smile appears on his face.

Cara looks towards the girls “okay girls. Let’s go and make some cookies. I’ll show you how to make some Celtic Cross cookies. Your father loves those.”

Julia and Gina follow their grandmother into the kitchen and gather the ingredients to make homemade cookies. Sphinx and Cadmus had follow the girls into the kitchen and for once, Selina didn’t shoo them out.

Selina was watching the girls. They were the best thing that had ever happen to Jack. She knew he had always wanted children and had hope they would be with his wife April. Unfortunately, fate had a different plan for him.

Seamus was outside looking at the sun as it went down. He was thinking about his nephew and hopes everything was okay. He hates to see his nieces suffer for the loss of their father. He’s going to talk with Jack when he comes back. He can’t keep doing his type of work and torturing the girls like this.

Seamus takes a swig of the beer he is drinking. He does have to admit his nephew has good taste in beer and wine. He saw Jack’s wine collection when he went to grab another case of beer. He does wonder where that big ass wolf of Jack’s is. The thing could give nightmares to some of the boys back home. He has already seen what his off-spring would look like from Cadmus and Sphinx. Jack told him that Chaos had sire those two wolves. They were bigger than normal, but smaller than their father.

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now why do I have the feeling

Now why do I have the feeling that the contractor is going to talk and talk fast, especially when Chaos gets near him? Really do want Jack to return home safely from his trip to Seattle and also his trip to where ever the person who hired the hit is located.

Q&A time

Jamie Lee's picture

Julia and Gina have imprinted on Jack as sure as the wolves have. He rescued them from a horrible life. He cleaned house during that rescue.

He's given them everything they've needed to overcome what was done to them. And he adopted them when there was no other who would take them in, so they'd always be safe to a greater degree.

He is protecting them by eliminating the scum who would kill them to get at Jack. But he's also being selfish by taking on such dander us people. People who could just as easily kill him should he have one millisecond lapse in concentration.

His death would undo everything the girls have accomplished. It might even push Gina so far into herself that no one could reach her. Julia might be okay to a point, but she would still be hurt.

Seamus is right about Jack needing to get into another line of work, now that he has two daughters to care for. While it's very noble for the way Jack protects his family, but it must be tempered with restraint so that his death doesn't seem as certain during the assignments he takes.

Others have feelings too.