Babs' New Year's Resolution 84

Printer-friendly version

Babs’ New Year’s Resolution 84 ©Copyright to Beverly Taff.

List of Characters.

Lola Smith Bab’s adopted trans daughter.
Callista Denton (Callie). Transgendered Duchess of Denton.
Margaret Denton (Maggie). Callie’s wife.
Molly Denton Callie’s grandmother
Ellie Denton Callie’s mother.
Bab’s Barbara Smith. Lola’s adoptive ‘Nana’
Olivia Smith Bab’s adopted daughter. (Excellent Artist.)
Angela Smith Bab’s newly adopted daughter
Erica Bab’s foster daughter.
Sergeant Bridie Davies Lady Police detective protecting the girls.
Sergeant Brian Davies. Bridie’s twin brother.
Inspector John, Heading up the anti-rape-gang operation.
Gareth Jenkins, Police office trained in firearms and protection.
Belinda Harrington Lola’s university girlfriend.
Aaron Talbot Surgical registrar – married to –
Shirley Talbot Lecturer at Local university.
Mickey Talbot Aaron and Shirley’s oldest son.
Jessica Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s middle daughter.
Bianca Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s youngest daughter.
Henry Denton Callie’s only son.
Charlotte Denton Callie’s only daughter.
Beverly Callie’s maternal great aunt (Ellie’s paternal aunt)
Wendy Smith Beverly’s Operations Manager for Hull
Louisa Wendy’s Daughter
Griselda & Mia Wendy’s younger twin daughters.
Susan Harvey Prosecution counsel advocating for Erica in court.
Han’s The German policeman’s son whom Erica really fancies.
Uncle Phillip CIA Agent.
Emily Jackson. Texan girl Kidnapped to Holland & Turkey
Sandra Jackson Sister to Emily kidnapped in Texas as a hostage.

Chapter 84

Sandra fell silent as she tried to digest such strange information.
“I don’t get that. How can you want to get rid of the boy bits and yet still fancy girls? How would a girl fancy a boy without a dick?”

Sandra froze as she suddenly realised how offensive it sounded but before she could retract her remarks, Lola breathed in long and deep then tried to explain slowly and softly, without raising her voice.

“Scientists; doctors that is mainly, have been forced to conceded that somewhere between ten percent and twenty five percent of post-op transgender girls are lesbian. They’re sexually attracted to girls pre-op and post op. Gender identity and sexuality are not much connected. Sexuality is what you feel sexually for other people, gender identity is what you feel in yourself.”

“I’m sorry about the dick thing, it sort of slipped out. I’m confused by this.”

“Believe me Sandra, not half as confused as I was growing up. Still, it’s water under the bridge now. My body and mind are pretty much in synch now. Brain and body match; well, sort of.”

“How did you meet your girlfriend?”

“Well, believe it or not, British universities have got virtually an LGBTQ club or society in almost every college. The first thing I found during Fresher’s week, - that’s the first week you go up to college,- was an LGBT society set up amongst all the other stalls and I finally gravitated to it after joining the maths society.

I was a bit nervous at first because a couple of the members were dragged up like a right pair of OTT queens but I soon learned that it was just a publicity gimmick to make themselves be noticed above all the other hype that different societies employ to attract membership.”

“Was it a shock to encounter such openness?”

“A bit because I’d tended to hide it before I eventually ended up under Babs’s wing. Babs’ brought me out a lot whilst providing a safe place for me and then Olivia and Angela.
When I approached their LGBT table they thought I was just a curious CIS girl and I let that illusion endure until I found out a bit more about it. They were not so much defensive as cautious, subtly sounding me out while we fenced around each other. Eventually, this girl came up to me and boldly asked point blank if I was a lesbian. Then and only then did I reveal I was transgendered. There were a few gasps because most trans kids have not transitioned before eighteen. Well; in fact, I hadn’t transitioned just then, but I was well on the way and very femme. They ended up asking me more questions than I asked them.

All in all, it was a pretty fruitful afternoon, especially as the girl who had been so bold became my significant other. I transitioned after the end of my first year during the summer vac.”

“And you’re still together?” Sandra pressed.

“Yes.”

“What did her parents think?”

“They know everything. Belinda is not the sort of girl to hide anything from her parents. They were a bit disappointed at first because they had hoped for grandchildren but when I told them my sperm was already frozen in a sperm-bank they warmed to our relationship. She wanted to come out to Texas with us but she can’t miss lectures.”

“How come you’re missing lectures?”

“I got dispensation because I was a material witness to Erica’s case, then when I rescued you, I became a primary witness. Besides, maths isn’t like most subjects. You’ve either got it or you haven’t. Provided I can complete their curriculum - and I can,- they’re more than happy to let me miss lectures and just complete their assignments. There’s not much reading to do around maths, it’s mostly research and hypothesising. Truth to tell, I’m a bit of a nerd and I can ‘freewheel’ through lots of the tutorials.”

“Can I ask a favour of you?” Sandra asked.

“Oh-oh. What sort of favour?”

“How long will you be staying in Texas?”

“Dunno’ it depends on how quickly they expedite your kidnap case. My British lawyer Susan tells me her American colleagues are trying to stitch it onto your sister’s case. The facts and events are well connected.”

“That’s what I’ve been told, it would mean far more severe sentences if they can.”

“But a longer and bigger court case.” Lola sighed. “I’m beginning to miss Belinda.”

“Is that her name?”

“Yeah, Belinda; Belinda Harrington, her dad’s a Brigadier General.”

“Does he approve of you?”

“Oh yes. He found out that I and another Transgendered friend had been working ad-hoc for British Intelligence, cyber warfare, computers and stuff. That’s where Uncle Phillip got to know about us.”

“Is he really your uncle?”

“Uncle Phil? Nah he’s related to my other trans-friend in the cyber warfare section. He knows Belinda’s dad though. It’s all wheels within wheels.”

“It sounds incestuous,” Sandra giggled.

“Certainly not! No sex please, we’re British.”

With those words, Lola yawned and carefully turned on her side facing Sandra.

“Goodnight girl. Sweet dreams.”

“See yah in the morning,” Sandra murmured as the day’s events also overtook her.

ooo000ooo

The clatter of a hospital drugs trolly woke Lola early but even so, Sandra was already in the bathroom as the nurse entered. Lola nodded towards the door as the nurse raised a questioning eyebrow while setting out the pills.

“I’ll see to you first then. How’s it feeling?”

“A bit sore but otherwise okay.” Lola replied as the nurse attended to the bandages.”

As she inspected the damage the surgeon arrived and they discussed Lola’s hand.

“You’ll be in this moulding for a week or so before those tendons heal. I won’t ask you to make a fist but can you wiggle your fingers slowly?”

Cautiously, Lola moved her fingers then half closed her hand. There was little pain as she relaxed again. He took a pin and pricked each finger while asking.

“Did you feel that?”

Lola nodded just as Sandra re-entered the room.

“Well everything is going as I’d hoped. We’ll be treating you as an out-patient from this evening.”

“What about me doctor?” Sandra asked.

“My colleague will be here shortly, he’ll let you know.”

Right on cue, Sandra’s psychiatric assessor arrived and asked some pertinent questions. This established that Sandra’s trauma was unlikely to cause her any lasting damage and she was released that morning with a lists of do’s and don’ts. Sandra smiled then turned to Lola.

“I’ll stay to wipe your arse until you’re discharged.”

This raised a general smile amongst the hospital staff and after dispensing the pills they left. The girls could not leave the hospital however for they were still under police protection. When Police officer Peggy arrived she explained the arrangements.

“Lola, you’ll return to the hotel to share our protection for the rest of your family.”

Lola nodded; it was what she had been expecting; then Peggy turned to Sandra.

“We’ve spoken to your parents and they’ve agreed to allow you into our protective custody where you can stay with your sister and the British girls. Are you okay with that?”

Sandra’s eyes widened with delight for she was growing to like Lola but she saw a snag.

“What about high-school?”

“That’s in hand. A tutor is being arranged.”

“And for Angie and Ollie I hope.” Lola interjected.

“When we determine what level they’re at, we’ll make the necessary arrangements.”

“Good.” Lola replied as she started to eat their newly arrived breakfasts.

Peggy concluded things were under control and after a brief chat with the police guard, she left. Lola and Sandra grinned at each other over breakfast.

“A whole day and nothing to do.” Sandra grinned.

“Don’t you believe it,” Lola cautioned, “just you wait until the lawyers arrive.”

And arrive they did.

ooo000ooo

It was mid afternoon about three p.m., when the tramp of feet warned Lola and Sandra that they had visitors. The girls turned expectantly to the door of the visitors suite as Police officer Peggy led several suits in, each carrying full brief cases.
Introductions were completed and various statements and affidavits were prepared as they worked intermittently until seven p.m. As the lawyers eventually departed Sandra and Lola exchanged sighs of relief.

“Jeeze! They want to know the ins and outs of everything.” Sandra complained.

Lola wagged her head and commiserated.

“We didn’t have this much flippin’ bother with all the shit at the German trial and that was for a score of criminals.”

“Yeah, but you heard what the red-headed woman said.” Sandra replied, “Apparently the leaders of the gang who abducted my sister Emily are some sort of high up politicians in Mexico and Guatamala. There’s a shit load of politics involved. The plane you rammed can be traced to them and some other guys. That was their biggest blunder.”

As the pair ate their evening meal, both families arrived for the evening visit and various issues were discussed in the presence of Uncle Phillip from the CIA. Several more interesting snippets of information emerged through their discussion and Phillip duly noted them with a view to further investigation. By supper time everybody felt it had been a fruitful day’s work and Police officer Peggy returned to collect the girls in an armoured van with police escort.
ooo000ooo

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments