Babs' New Year's Resolution 80

Printer-friendly version

Babs’ New Years’ Resolution 80 © Copyright to Beverly Taff 2021

List of Characters.

Lola Smith Bab’s adopted trans daughter.
Callista Denton (Callie). Transgendered Duchess of Denton.
Margaret Denton (Maggie). Callie’s wife.
Molly Denton Callie’s grandmother
Ellie Denton Callie’s mother.
Bab’s Barbara Smith. Lola’s adoptive ‘Nana’
Olivia Smith Bab’s adopted daughter. (Excellent Artist.)
Angela Smith Bab’s newly adopted daughter
Erica Bab’s foster daughter.
Sergeant Bridie Davies Lady Police detective protecting the girls.
Sergeant Brian Davies. Bridie’s twin brother.
Inspector John, Heading up the anti-rape-gang operation.
Gareth Jenkins, Police office trained in firearms and protection.
Belinda Harrington Lola’s university girlfriend.
Aaron Talbot Surgical registrar – married to –
Shirley Talbot Lecturer at Local university.
Mickey Talbot Aaron and Shirley’s oldest son.
Jessica Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s middle daughter.
Bianca Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s youngest daughter.
Henry Denton Callie’s only son.
Charlotte Denton Callie’s only daughter.
Beverly Callie’s maternal great aunt (Ellie’s paternal aunt)
Wendy Smith Beverly’s Operations Manager for Hull
Louisa Wendy’s Daughter
Griselda & Mia Wendy’s younger twin daughters.
Susan Harvey Prosecution counsel advocating for Erica in court.
Han’s The German policeman’s son whom Erica really fancies.
Uncle Phillip CIA Agent.

Chapter 80

Lola watched them walk to the plane with the frightened girl held firmly by the gorilla. She wanted to help but it was impossible for her; a single girl against three thugs. She did however manage to sink un-noticed back into the footwell and check with the police.

“They’ve gone to the plane and they’re loading the girl, did you get all that?”

“Yes kid. We're on our way! Don’t do anything stupid!” The police advised.

“Okay,” Lola agreed as frustration tugged at her feelings.
It was obvious that if the police didn't hurry up, the gang would get away. As she looked up through the wall mounted reversing mirror she could see them preparing to leave in the plane.

“This isn’t stupid!” Lola told herself as she sat up and cautiously manoeuvred her pickup onto the apron outside the shed and pretended to be parking it in one of the marked ‘vehicle bays.’

To her chagrin, she looked again to see the Piper’s twin engines increase revs as the plane started to creep off the apron and onto the taxi-way. There was no hope but to stop the plane right there and the only way was to use her pickup. The most obvious way was to speed up to the plane’s tail plane and try to break the rear ailerons and rudder with her bull-bars. She chose the tail-plane because she was almost invisible from the plane’s cabin and it was the nearest part of the plane. For a fraction of a second she hesitated as she searched one last time for signs of a police car. It was to no avail but she did begin to hear distant sirens. This gave her more confidence but unfortunately, she still could not see anything.

A fearful sense of vulnerability overtook her as she realised there was nobody nearby to alert. As she sat undecided in the cab of her pick-up, desperation overtook her fear and she finally gunned her ute towards the accelerating plane. Smoke billowed from the pick-up’s tired old engine but there was still life in her old charger and it lurched forward gamefully.

The plane seemed to grow ever larger in her windscreen until Lola realised the tail-plane was slightly higher than her bull bars. The only part of her ute capable of striking the tail-plane was her cab so Lola reluctantly took a chance. The windscreen cracked as the cabs’ side pillar crunched violently against the rudder and tore a huge chunk away. By far the worst damage, however, was the virtual removal of the plane’s rear starboard aileron and partial removal of the main tail-plane as well.

Once her cab side-pillar was well and truly entangled with the tail plane, Lola spun the wheel and dragged the rear of the plane sideways thus causing the plane to swerve into the soft grass off the tarmac. There was an even louder crack as the cab crumpled and her windscreen glass cracked for a second time. This caused a large wedge of heavy glass to fall back into the cab as the pick-up started to rip free. The heavy glass landed against Lola’s knuckles and drew copious blood as Lola swerved again to drag her ute clear of the plane.

As it ripped free of the tail-plane, the pick-ups’ cab then struck the main starboard wing and caused another chunk to rip off the wing tip. It was only then that Lola remembered the gang probably had guns and she had definitely put herself in danger. Gunning the engine until it screamed, she finally broke free of the wing and cannoned down the taxiway to put as much distance as she could between her and the gang in the plane. Only then did the police car appear and nearly collide with Lola as she struggled to steer with her bleeding knuckles.

Fortunately, Lola’s phone-call had fore-armed the police and they knew that the danger was not the wildly swerving pick-up but the damaged Piper Twin with people scrambling out of it. Even as Lola arrived at the security gate, two more police cruisers wailed by while she scrambled into the safety of the security guard’s cabin.

“What in-the hell’s going on kid?” The guard shouted.

“Have you got some first aid stuff?” She cried as she held up her injured hands and caused blood to trickle onto their pristine floor.

There followed a brief curse as one of the guards reached for their first-aid box and quickly wrapped Lola’s hands in a broad bandage, more to stop their floor getting any dirtier than to help with Lola’s injury.

“What happened kid?” The guard demanded again as he tried to determine if the person before him was boy or girl.

Lola had lost her baseball cap in the action and her heavy tartan work shirt had bust a couple of buttons as the windscreen had crashed in. Her bra had become clearly visible through the split.

“Over there; that plane. It’s a people-trafficking gang, they’ve got a girl, I called the police.”

Even as she explained, they heard shots being fired and Lola instinctively crouched down as the arrest scene unfolded. The gate guards were already un-holstering their own guns preparatory to any further development.

“Get down below the table kid!

Lola needed no encouragement and promptly made herself as small as possible.

The shooting continued briefly but eventually silence returned and the guards told her to get up as another of the arriving police cars stopped to examine Lola’s battered ute. The female officer called the guard box.

“Have you seen the driver of this thing?” She asked as she pointed towards Lola’s battered ute.

“Yes! It’s a girl! She’s in here!”

Lola gave the officer an effeminate little wave with her good hand and tried to smile. The officer shook her head and motioned to Lola to get into their cruiser.

“Is that the pick-up that crashed the plane?” She asked as she protected Lola’s head getting in.

“Yes. They were getting away and I couldn’t wait.”

“You’ve done well girl (For it was now obvious that Lola was a girl.). “One of our officers has been shot.”

As they crossed the tarmac Lola listened to the police radio traffic and sighed with relief when she learned that the kidnapped girl was shocked but only bruised. They pulled up some small distance from the damaged plane as the three kidnappers were being secured and the wounded officer was being treated on the grass. The female officer leapt out and called to her colleagues.

“Is Billy okay?”

“It’s a shoulder wound, hard to say how bad he’s hurt, but he’s conscious.” One of the first arriving officers replied.
“Check out the girl Peggy.”

The female officer looked back and told Lola to wait in the car as she collected the terrified, kidnapped girl.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Lola riposted as she held up her blood soaked bandaged hands.”

The officer cursed and asked her to stand outside as she watched the blood beginning to stain her rear seat.

“Shit! You’ll need the ambulance as well.”

“It’s on its way. I can hear the sirens.” Lola agreed. “I’ll wait with the girl; you check on the wounded cop.”

The hysterical girl collapsed onto the rear cruiser seat as the female officer ran across to the wounded officer. Lola realised there was obviously some sort of emotional or blood connection between the lady cop and the guy lying on the grass. She turned instead to calm the crying girl.

“Hi, I’m Lola, the girl in the shed when they dragged you from the van.”

“I saw you. You should have stopped them.”

“What! Me against three armed men? Yeah! I called the police instead.”

“You could have helped. It’s a good job that guy in the pick-up hit the plane. Why did he run away?”

Lola let out a curse of frustration at the girl’s seeming ingratitude. She held up her still bleeding hands and snapped back angrily.

“That was bloody me dammit. Fuck you.” She muttered under her breath.

The girl fell suddenly silent as she slowly realised.

Lola, however, was now staring towards the gate where two ambulances were now arriving. It was obvious that the police had been efficient. Peggy saw Lola approaching and motioned to her to join her.

“Put your hands up so the responders can see who’s wounded!”

“How bad is he?” Lola asked as she held up her hands while staring at the now unconscious officer.

Peggy shrugged.

“Hard to say. These guys’ ll know. How’s the kidnap victim?”

“Dunno’. She’s in the cruiser. She had a go at me about not helping her so I’m not best friends with her. You’d better get one of the other officers to mind her.”

By then, the ambulances had arrived and the wounded were quickly attended to. It was only in the ambulance that the kidnapped girl had another chance to speak to Lola and apologise as the first-aider checked Lola’s torn hand. As she looked in shock at the back of Lola’s torn hand she realised that the driver of the pick-up had not escaped unharmed from the collision between plane and pick-up.

Even Peggy let out a low whistle as she saw Lola’s partially severed tendons.

“Will she be able to use that hand?”

The medic responded as she immobilised Lola’s hand and fingers.

“Hopefully yes, they’re not completely severed, but she won’t be able to flex her fingers or make a fist until the tendons have fully repaired. How does that feel Lola?”

“Bloody sore” Lola confessed reluctantly as Peggy smiled and gave her an encouraging tap on the shoulder. “That was a brave thing you did kid; well done!”

The lady officer then turned to the kidnapped girl.

“You owe this woman a big thank-you!”

“I know. I didn’t realise. Thanks – Lola. I’m sorry about in the car. I didn’t know. Can we be friends?”

Unthinkingly, she reached out as if to offer a handshake and Lola gave her a fatuous look.

The medic caught the expression and let out a snort of laughter as he wagged his own head in amusement and explained to the kidnapped girl.

“It’ll be a few weeks before Lola can shake hands with you girl; you’d be a better friend if you offered to wipe her butt!”

Even Peggy could not supress a snort of amusement as the loaded Ambulance sped away with blue’s and two’s howling.

ooo000ooo

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No Good Deed

joannebarbarella's picture

Goes unpunished.

An old boss of mine used to say that gratitude is the shortest-lived of human emotions (other than the exhilaration following ejaculation).

Someone will lose weight

Jamie Lee's picture

Lola did a fine job stopping the traffickers, even though she got hurt. However, that isn't going to prevent her from getting a butt chewing because she put herself in danger.

Others have feelings too.

Never a dull moment

Trouble seems to find Lola. Maybe she’ll get a new windshield out of the deal.

Cheryl pinkwestch