Captain Comet-2

Printer-friendly version
Captain Comet-2
By Stanman63
Thanks To Lillith Langtree For Her Input And Nora Adrienne for editing!
Synopsis:When young Lester Lee finds a glowing green meteor while stargazing during a camping trip he all too soon finds that it's radiation has activated his meta gene and finds becomes a new heroine. known as Captain Comet

Jade tall.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

[-][+][-]
"Linda, are ready for this?" asked Daddy worriedly.

I will protect your daughter.

"I know, but as her father, I am responsible for her safety. I believe in the custom of A son is a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life," he sighed.

"And we just met our new daughter. Can you not tell that we are scared that she will get hurt?" asked Momma.

I can sense your Love for her, but her Spirit is restless and needs to
be free or darken and die,

"Is this true Linda?"

"It's true mother," I wept.

"Then go with our Blessings," replied Daddy as they hugged me.

"Thanks," I wept as I hugged them back.

Then I floated away into space to try out my new power.
[-][+][-]
On board her Star Cruiser, Jade was just waking up from her rest period when her Ring sent an alert to her, Unregistered meta human en route to planet Jupiter.

She went to the Star Cruiser's sensor station and inserted her hand in the alcove, "Ring, scan the meta for any possible danger."

Scanning in process. The Star Heart has registered the meta

"Is the meta in possession of a shard of the Star Heart?"

"Unknown. Unregistered meta has similar power to the Star Heart's."

"Like the shard used by Ibac?"

Negative. Ibac's shard was corrupted using unknown form of energy,

"Well, let's prepare for Alena's arrival."

Star Heart's E.T.A. three seconds.

Jade heard Alena's voice, "Jade, I'm right outside. Open up, please."

Jade activated the airlock and Alena stepped in, "I am impressed. I thought that space flight was something that you didn't like."

"Well, after being on your Star Cruiser a few times and feeling the rush of space flight, I got over it. But there's a real problem out there nearing Saturn."

Moon Heart has arrived

"Star Heart, What is the Moon Heart?" asked Alena.

It is a gem created from the Chaos energy resulting from my fracturing in Ancient times.

"Who would have the power to harness that energy?" asked Jade.

Volthom, Lord of Chaos in Ancient Babylon. announced Jade's Ring.

"OK, Ring! Why did you not say anything about this, before?"

You never asked.

Jade slapped her forehead, "ARGH!"

"Well, you did ask," giggled Alena, knowing the Ring's peculiarities.

"True, but what about the Star Heart and why did you not call before coming?"

I felt the Moon Heart when it left the Earth. I must know of it's intent

"Is that why you dragged Alena up here?"

As my Host, Alena's safety is paramount. I am the reason she is here.

"Then we will need Phoenix up here and the Sorceress Supreme on my Star Cruiser in case the Moon Heart is evil."

The Moon Heart in flight is not of evil intent.

"How do you know if I can not tell?" asked Alena.

I have felt the aura of the host of the Moon Heart. Her Heart is pure, as is yours.

"Then why can I not sense her?"

"The Moon Heart and Star Heart are twin Hearts. Only I can see the Heart of the other host.

"When will I be able to?"

When the Moon Heart returns, then as my host, you may contact the host of the Moon Heart. Once contact is established, you too will feel the aura of the Moon Heart.

"Why could I not before?"

Your mind had not been awakened to the presence of the Moon Heart. Now that you are, you are ready.

?Jade, this is Phoenix. Why are you calling on me?'

"There is a new meta currently en route to Saturn. I need for you to keep an eye out for trouble while Alena and I go and meet her."

"Jade, Ilyana here. Why did you call?"

"I need you on board my Star Cruiser as Phoenix, Alena and I check out a new Meta currently at Saturn."

I am ready," Then Ilyana appeared next to Jade wearing blue tights, matching tunic, black boots and a red cape with a gold oval amulet around her neck.

"New costume?"

"Yes, I decided that I need it for whenever I am out helping you. And my costume can hide when I armor up as well as hold any magical items that I might need, Jade"
[-][+][-]

Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

I was nearing Saturn when the Moon Heart got my attention,, Unknown energy signatures heading towards us with possible hostile intent.

"Where?"

Behind you.

jadegrey.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

I spun around and let loose with a double energy blast to either side as a warning,, then I heard a sweet voice in my head, "We mean you no harm, Moon Heart."

Unaccustomed to telepathic communications, it took me by surprise as only the Moon Heart had spoken to me before now.

"Who are you?"

"I am Alena Scott, Host of the Star Heart."

Then I heard the Moon Heart, Star Heart! My Twin? Are you there?

I am here, my Twin.I see the Purity of your Aura. You have expunged your Dark half as I have mine.

"Moon Heart, is the host of the Star Heart a Green Lantern?"

"Yes, I am a Green Lantern, but the Star Heart's energy is magical, not based upon science as Jade's Green Lantern Power Ring is."

"I have heard of her and have wanted to meet her."

I heard a new voice in my head, "I am Jade, we came to check you out after our Rings spotted you in flight."

"Sorry about that blast."

"Not to worry, you sent a warning shot. No harm was done."

"I sense more than you and Alena. Who else is with you?"

I saw a beautiful redhead wearing a red and yellow bodysuit in my mind,, "I am Jean Grey: The Phoenix."

I sensed a Primal power equal to or perhaps even greater than the Moon Heart's.

"I am Ilyana: Magick." I saw in my mind, a petite blond wearing some sort of living metal armor with a red cape and gold amulet around her neck whose power was equal to that of Volthoom, the creator of the Moon Heart.

All who seek to meet are equal or greater than the Moon Heart, my Host.

"Is there any need to worry?"

I sense no evil intent.

"Mind if we meet them then?"

The meeting is needed to establish rapport.

"Jade, is there a way that we can meet?"

"Come to my Star Cruiser. We will meet you there."

I saw a graceful swept wing ship approaching that looked like an eagle in flight. It's gleaming metal hull encased within a green aura.

I flew up to it and saw it's beak open up to reveal an airlock. I entered the airlock, appreciating the humor of the ship's designer. The beak closed and air cycled into the chamber until a green light over the airlock door shone, <Welcome aboard. I am the ship's computer. You are cleared to enter.

"Thank you. Do you have a name?"

I have yet to receive a name.

"I think that Jade's Fire sounds nice since Jade is your Captain and she wields the green flame of a Green Lantern."

Thank you.

The airlock opened and I saw a brunette wearing a black and green bodysuit with a green ring on her middle finger, a petite brunette wearing a black and green leotard and boots wielding a green ring on both middle fingers, s redhead wearing a red and golf bodysuit with a green ring on her middle finger and a blond wearing a blue tunic, tights black boots, a red cage, gold amulet who was also wearing a green ring.

The tall brunette strode forward,, Welcome aboard. I am Jade."

"I am Linda Lee Danvers, call me Captain Comet."

"Come and meet the other ladies: These ladies are Alena, Jean Gray and Ilyia."

As each name was called, I saw her ring sparkle, "Looks like you and Alena aren't the only Lanterns and Alena has two."

"That's because I gave them a Ring when I met them. The Rings are for communication and provide a solid hologram that can be used as clothing."

"Sounds neat, like your airlock shaped like a beak," I grinned.

"The airlock is equipped with separate life support, food replicator,sick bay, and hygiene facilities in case any body is sick when the come aboard. As for the ship's design, I inherited it."

"So, your got your Ring and ship from aliens?"

"No, I got them from Hal Jordan of Earth. He died and the Ring found me. Ever since then, I've been gathering together those with activated meta-genes to help people and defend against others who abuse their powers."

"Wow! Who could stand up to any one of you?"

"Linda, there are those who cause harm, some are metas with power as great as ours and some are humans without a meta-gene. Have you heard about what happened in Las Vegas?" asked Alena.

"God yes! That was awful!"

"We almost lost that fight, but thanks to Alena, we won," added Ilya.

"And you thought that I was a threat."

"At first, until the Star Heart said different. But we still needed find out who you were," replied Jade.

Jade tall.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

"Glad that you people don't see me as a threat, because I am new to this," I smiled.

"All of are new to this. Linda. You're just the newest."

"Since Alena's Ring and my power are alike, are there any weaknesses that the Moon Heart is not aware of?"

"Only your will and imagination can truly limit you. But I sense that you have already chosen your powers," replied Alena.

"I pretty much have sense the Moon Heart is a bit limited in it's knowledge, so I have chosen to enhance my senses to a acute level and expand my mental powers to leave me with extra power needed for a fight."

Jade passed me a Ring, "Here, this is for you."

"I don't need a Power Ring, Jade."

"It's not the same as mine, Linda."

"What does it do?"

"It's a radio and hologram projector that can clothe you in most anything, even create solid holograms of clothing. But won't stop attacks."

"That's Okay. The Moon Heart's power can take care of me. But I wonder if I can use your Ring to release my Moon Heart power?"

I can utilize the new Rings ability, but unlike either of the Lantern Power Rings, my manifestation shall be clear except for any needed constructs.

Then a siren and a monitor lit up showing a solar flare heading for the Earth. Solar flare en route for planet Earth. Impact in twenty four hours. Danger level Omega.

"Ship, return us to Earth, pronto!" ordered Jade.

Next thing I felt was a strange wavering of reality as everybody faded away, leaving me alone in space. Next thing I knew, both Rings were glowing, surrounding me with a protective aura.

Protection engaged. announced the Moon Heart.

"Why did we not go with them?"

"Not acquainted with vessel's method of travel Automatic failsafe engaged."

"Can I contact Jade?"

Before the Moon Heart could answer, Jade sent a worried query, "Linda, are you alright?"

"Yes, the Moon Heart is not familiar with your ship's technology. Guess I need a tutorial for my Moon Heart."

"Can you relax and let the tutorial flow into your mind?"

I heard the Mon Heart agree, That is acceptable.

"Go ahead and send. I'm heading back."

Next thing I knew, my mind was filled with all sorts of esoteric information that seemed to please the Moon Heart from contented feeling of satisfaction emanating from it.

As I neared the Earth, I saw that Jade's group was trying to stop the flare with little effect until Phoenix literally absorbed the flare and channeled it into two flares that vaporized two asteroids heading for the Moon.

As I neared the ship, Jade and company were carrying a tired Phoenix into the ship. They let me in and Jade hovered over Phoenix who was having a nightmare.

Phoenix has tasted near infinite power. If she gives into her lust, the universe will perish.

Jade turned to me, "We cant abandon our friend, no matter what your Moon Heart says!"

The Phoenix may be contained within a singularity.

"Jade, can you take us to the center of the galaxy? There's a black hole there that should work if she can't control her power."

Phoenix awoke then and smiled, "There is no need to worry, my nightmare was me overcoming my base self."

She has overcome, and had destroyed two asteroids.

"Yes, they were about to impact the Moon and cause havoc on the Earth. As it is now, astronomers will be treated to a spectacular meteor shower for the next few nights."
[-][+][-]
The End Of Captain Comet-2
font size=5 color=green face="Geneva">To Be Continued In-3

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments