Captain Comet-1

Printer-friendly version
Captain Comet-1
By Stanman63
Thanks To Lillith Langtree For Her Input And Nora Adrienne for editing!
Synopsis: When young Lester Lee finds a glowing green meteor while stargazing during a camping trip he all too soon finds that it's radiation has activated his meta gene and finds becomes a new heroine. known as Captain Comet

Jade tall.jpgCourtesy Of D.C. Comics
[-][+][-]
My name was Lester Lee Danvers, I was well on my way to joining my dad Detective Fred Danvers on the New York Metro City Police Force when FATE intervened and I embarked upon my new identity and destiny as Linda Lee Danvers, better known as Captain Comet: THE GIRL FROM THE FUTURE
[-][+][-]
"Lee, have you loaded the camper, yet?"

"Yes, Dad. We're ready to roll!"

"Come and load up on breakfast, then. We're having pancakes," offered Mom.

"Coming!"

I rush into the kitchen from the den where I had been watching the Saturday Morning Monster Movie Festival, can I help it if I'm a Godzilla fan?

"Can you miss your buddy?' chuckled Dad.

"Heck, it's the one where Godzilla meets the transformers. Have it on tape," I replied as I sat down to my plate of pancakes.

"Then why watch?" asked Mom.

"Because Zolton The Zombie Master loves to poke fun during the breaks. That's what's fun."

"Son, he used to do that to the classic and Hammer horror films when I was your age," admitted Dad."You were a Zombieatic?

"Still am, when I have the time."

Dad and I did the letter Z in sign language with our right hand, going from left shoulder to right hip to show our membership in the Zolton mania Fan club.

Momma saw us an laughed, "OK you two, time to get going."

Mom, Dad and I go camping at Lake Metro once a month in Dad's old Willis Jeep that he bought from Army Surplus. It is like those ambulances seen in M*A*S*H, except that it has all of the modern conveniences as well a kitchen and toilet in the back and pop out sides for out sleeping bags.
[-][+][-]
We were well on our way to our spot on the lake when we had to stop because some sort of accident. There was an old style Army surplus Jeep off to the side of the road with the driver fussing over a flat tire. The driver was wearing a gray coverall with black trim and sturdy combat boots.

"Stoopid kid! Take my damned tire jack! Wait till I get my hands on you!" he yelled.

"Shit!I thought that I'd never see him again, Said Daddy with a happy grin.

"Are you talking about that Mister T reject?" asked Momma pointing to the soldier.

"Honey, Colonel Avery Blackmon is as hairless as Patrick Stewart but is the size of the wrestler The Big Show."

"Are we gonna help him, Dad?"

"We best if we don't want for him to tear up his Jeep," Daddy chuckled.

Daddy honked the horn, "Hey, Moonie! Need any help?"

The soldier turned towards us and grinned, "Danvers, is that you?"

"Yes, Sir. I'm here with my family, Sir."

He looked at us, "Got to admit it, your lady is one pretty filly. And your little man looks to be a fine soldier."

"Sir, we just heard you cussing out your Jeep for having a flat, May we help?" asked Momma.

"I couldn't ask a Lady such as yerself to dirty yerself for me, Ma'am."

Daddy got out, "Don't worry, Moonie. I've got it handled. Why don't you have a jack?"

"My son purloined it fer his camper without a by yer leave," he huffed.

Daddy got out our jack and tire tool. "Well, let's go fix it so that you can get a replacement."

It took them about five minutes to change out the flat, then Moonie gave Daddy some deer meat that he'd had treated at the Lake Butcher Shop where local hunters take any game they hunt to be processed.
[-][+][-]
We pulled in to the Lake General Store for gas and a lavatory break. After freshening up, I get myself a cold frostie for the JADE cop and as I'm paying for it, I see Jade save a passenger jet from crashing after its engines failed.

"I wish that I could be like Jade."

Daddy looked back at me, "Who knows. Maybe in time, you will."

* * *

My dad Fred Danvers is seven foot tall Marine Corps Veteran who joined the Metropolis Police Force as an instructor and soon made detective when he proved his sleuthing skills by bringing in the boss of Intergang.

During his tour of duty, Dad discovered a mole that was selling confiscated weapons to the Intergang that were supposed to be melted down or used as spare parts. It was discovered when Intergang used them to rob Lex Corp Labs.

Lex Corp Labs had been developing stealth jets and jet copters, hover craft, tanks armored cars and ships from designs submitted to Lex Corp who built the prototypes for the military.

The attack was thwarted by soldiers wearing Kevlar armor who caught the Intergang army, but due to the inexperience of the Interand, they were killed which set back Intergang's recruiting and proved the armor's worth under battlefield conditions.

Once Dad's tour of duty ended, he worked with Interpol to infiltrate Intergang and brought the leader to justice, earning him the undying respect of Lex Luthor who used his new position to turn Intergang legit.

But Intergang's true leader, the Brick brought in his hidden army to become the new Intergang and vow revenge on Dad, But thanks to Lex Corp, Metro S.W.A.T. had the equipment to handle any of Intergang's Army, so the city was safe from any battle and any attack on Dad will earn swift retribution from Luthor's army.
[-][+][-]
We finally made it to the lake and I set up my telescope on the camper roof to view the new comet in the sky. The new comet was named Jade's Comet in honor of Jade had a vibrant green rainbow hued contrail with a sparking green/white center as if the core was some sort of atomic or nuclear reactor or maybe even some sort of crystal or metal being heated by the Sun's radiation.

Jade told the media that she, would check it out and warn them of any danger, but so far, no danger, only spectacular viewing. She looked so spectacular in that bodysuit and green aura of power that I wanted to have a ring like hers to weld.

Well, as I was gazing, I saw something startling, the night sky took on the same green hue as the comet. I feared that somehow a piece of the comet had broken off and was going to impact the Earth when instead a green meteor struck the lake.

The impact fountained the water up, leaving a dry crater with a green stone in the middle. I run to the camper where Dad is getting out a Geiger counter, thermal imager from the safe as he dons a bio-hazard suit, "Go put yours on. We can't be too careless with that meter."

"Okay, Dad. What about Mom?"

"She's wearing her's up in the driver's seat if we need her."
[-][+][-]
As a rule, we carry the bio-hazard suits, Geiger counter and thermal imager in cases such as this ever since Dad joined the Astronomy Club and brings in the odd meteorite to Metro Observatory, earning us the odd bonus that goes into my scholarship Fund.

I carry a plastic rod with a gripper attachment and specimen jar While Dad carries the other equipment. The bio-hazard suit is a self-contained bodysuit with dedicated life-support that chemically scrubs the bottled air or filters the outside air powered by our movement and solar radiation.
You can live indefinitely in the suit if you don't mind living off of your own waste.
[-][+][-]
"Dad, that rock has stopped glowing."

He checked it with the Geiger counter and thermal imager, "No radiation, nor heat."

"I'll retrieve it for study."

"Careful son, we still don't know if it's safe."

"I'll be careful, Dad."

But I wasn't careful enough. As I grabbed it and was placing the glowing green crystal in the specimen jar, it flashed brightly and hit the faceplate of my suit
[-][+][-]
I was a combination of Dad's British heritage of dark brown hair and tan and Mom's Irish red head heritage. I had dad's hair and complexion, but Mom's physique and green eyes.

I was a graduate of Central High School where I had earned both a athletic scholarship and a scholastic scholarship to attend Empire State University. From Central Grammar School onto Central High School I had worn the uniform of a crimson or navy trousers with a white dress shirt and crimson or navy sweater, sweater vest, or vest and tie with optional blazer and penny loafer with socks.

The girls wore either a sleeveless dress with bloomer and socks with white blouse with optional pantyhose or school colors, white or skin tone with either Mary Janes, or penny loafers. But I really wanted to be a girl and wear the girl's uniforms.

Mom and Da knew about my desire, but we knew that for me to transition where Brick or his goons could get to me would be suicide. Brick and his inner circle would frequent trans-gender bars and get off on seeing the shemales pole-dance or service a client, then attack the dancer that they chose for entertainment.
[-][+][-]
I woke up in bed, with the cover pulled over me, "Well, Lee, How do you feel?" The change will be quite a shock

"Lousy! I feel all out of sorts," I groaned.

Oh? In what way?"

"It's like that time that I dressed as Wonder Woman and that security guard tazered me accidentally."

"Well, that's not too far from the truth, in a way," she fudged.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember how that screwed up the bodysuit so that you were a woman until the sealant released we were able to get you out of the suit?"

"Well, something like that just happened."

"WHAT?"

She pulled back the cover to reveal that I was wearing a satin pink night down and matching panty. Seeing the new me, I passed out.
[-][+][-]
"Welcome back, Lee," said Momma as I awakened.

"Momma, What happened?"

"Your desire to be a girl just got fulfilled," wept Momma.

"But Momma! What about Daddy?!"

"What about Fred?"

"I can't go back home as a girl! It'd cause way too many problems for him with his in involvement with Luthor and Intergang!"

"Let your dad worry about that."

"Okay, but I still don't know how I became a girl," I sighed.

"That meteor somehow changed you. Your Dad carried you in here and tried to remove the meteor, but your body absorbed it."

"Where's Daddy?"

"Sleeping, after carrying you in here."

"So, you dressed me?'

"Yes, since you are now our daughter and your dad is a gentleman"

"That, he is. Like a knight from the past."

"Want to see the new you?"

"Sure."

Momma passed me a mirror, before my transformation, I was small, like Momma, but with Daddy's black hair. Now I looked like Momma with black hair.

"I look like you, can even wear your clothes."

"True. That meteor that you absorbed made you into a younger version of me," sighed Momma.Just how Fred will react to seeing our new daughter has yet to be seen. All that he saw was our son passed out in pain.
[-][+][-]
Mom is Sylvia Marie Danvers is a five foot tall red headed Irish lass with green eyes who became a doctor like both of her parents after she rescued a stray mutt behind her parents condo when she was ten years old. Mom was out playing in the back yard with dad when they heard a bunch of punks abusing a mongrel. When they heard the vile laughter and the pitiful cry of the poor stray, mom and dad took action.

Dad picked up the kendo stick from the tool shed while Momma got her nunchuks that they'd been practicing with ever since they'd convinced their parents to let them study judo. They attacked the bullies, knocking them out. Dad went home to call the police while Momma cared for the pup. When the police and paramedics arrived, the bullies were taken to the E.R. while the Police took my parents and the pup to Mom's home to get my parent's statement.

That incident cemented my grandparents’ friendship and my parents love for each other as well as gave my parents a reputation in the neighborhood for being tough as nails. Mom was able to heal the mongrel who she named Rags because of his multi colored fur. Rags turned out to be a Peekaboo who became Mom's defender, defending her from strangers, only letting Mom's parents or Dad near her without putting up a fuss.

Unfortunately, due to the bullies abuse the veterinarian Doctor Schultz had to spay Rags so he never did sire any offspring. But he did live for twenty years and died just before my fifth birthday. As for those bullies, their families moved down South with them where the bullies met poetic justice thanks to Doctor Schultz and her contacts in the Bayou who had fun feeding the bullies to their crocodile friends.

In school, Mom became a cheerleader and entered every beauty contest sponsored by the schools as well as the Honor Society where she excelled in her academic studies, staying on the +A Honor Roll until graduating from high school. While Dad joined the Marines, Mom went to Empire State University where she earned a PhD in Medical Research to become a Research Scientist at Metropolis Research Hospital where she helped to create cures for most forms of cancer.
[-][+][-]
I felt something in my mouth, so I spit it out into my hand, "Well, I seem to have brought it back up, Momma," Why Momma?

I am the Moon Heart.

Momma looked at me in fear, "That thing just spoke!" and passed out.

"Momma!" I shouted as I lunged for her.

Then a green glow surrounded Momma, gently set her in a nearby chair, "Be at Peace. I mean no harm. But I must return home.

"What about Momma? She hear you!"

As your mother, she hears my voice.

"Will my father as well?"

He too can hear my voice.

"What will I tell them?"

Be at Peace. I am here.

"Where is home for you?"

If I do not return, Master Volthoom will cause chaos when I lose power and he takes control of me.

"Why are you called the Moon Heart?"

I am from the Moon, My Master found me long ago and used his MAGIC to empower me by passing through the comet in the sky in ages past.

"Just now?"

Volthoom is an evil magician from Ancient Babylon who was imprisoned in the moon for his evil. He must stay imprisoned.

"How can I help?"

You have the power to absorb me and send me home.

"Okay, but what will it do to me?"

You wished to be like JADE. Absorbing me will grant you your wish.

"But I never asked to be female!"

I see your Heart. It is female. To accept my power, you must accept who you are.

"I am scared to be a female."

Fear not. If you accept my power, you need not fear. detection. For like Jade, you will be able manifest an image that none can break.

"You mean that accepting myself and you, I'll become a Green Lantern?"

I know not. But you will be filled with my power which will change you..

"But I am now a female. How will I further change?"

Now you are female, accepting my power will give you my power.

"But what of you?"

I shall divide. Half shall go to Volthoom to keep him in prison. Half shall stay here in the Moon Heart to become your gem.

"My gem?"

Yes, though I will be de-powered, I shall merge with you and maintain your power and help you as the Star Heart does for Alena Scott.

"The Star Heart?"

I was made by Master Volthom as a counter to the Star Heart's power, But I achieved SENTIENCE just as the STAR HEART has.

"Does the Star Heart know about you?"

No, I only know of the STAR HEART because of my Master.

"How will Jade or the Star Heart react to you?"

Although meant for evil, I choose good. THAT they shall sense.

"Do you know what my power will be?"

Your body will be at the peak of human potential, invulnerable to all but the most violent of magical attacks.

"That's cool! I can be like the American Dream. Guess that I'll need to develop some nifty gadgets like a spider web and become Arachne."

No need. Your mind will be at the peak of human potential, giving you eidetic memory, heightened senses and immunity to mental attacks and you will fly.

"Even in space?"

Yes, for then you will be like Jade, a superhero.

"Okay, So I wish you back home?"

Thank you Linda Lee Danvers.

Momma looked at me in wonder, "Was I hearing things just now?"

"I don't know Momma, what did you hear?"

"That the meteor is some sort of magical creature like Alena Scott's Star Heart."

"You weren't hearing things, Momma. I am now the host of the Moon Heart," I admitted as the emerald landed on my right hand and became a jade colored ring on my middle finger with the emerald in the center.

"I am still confused."

Mother of my Host, I can clear up your confusion.

"Please do."

I saw the Moon Heart bathe Momma in a green aura for a moment, Behold the truth Mother of my Host.

"Now I am beginning to understand. The Moon Heart chose you to be its host."

"Good, because I now wonder what the Moon Heart is doing?"

Here I rest until you choose your garb to wear.

"Garb?"

What you chose to wear To be like Jade.

"I am hearing the Moon Heart as it speaks to you and it can speak to me."

"Yes, Momma."

"How is that possible?"

Your Love for Linda Lee allows for you to hear me.

"Does this mean that Momma can also be your host?"

I have chosen you. Only You may wield my power.

Daddy returned by then, "I am hearing an argument in my head between you two and a mysterious voice. What's going on?"

"Daddy, meet the Moon Heart."

"Moon Heart?"

I am the Moon Heart, Created by the Wizard Volthoom to counter the Star Heart.

"Star Heart?"

The one known as Alena Scott wields the Star Heart Gem.

"Please explain."

The Star Heart is an instrument of Order. My creator Volthoom is an Agent of Chaos.

"Then you are evil!" exclaimed Daddy

"Daddy, the Moon Heart is not evil! If it was, could I be its host?"

Daddy slumped into his seat, "Explain."

"Fred, when Linda Lee wished to be like Jade, the Moon Heart heard the wish and gave us our daughter."

"Linda Lee Danvers?"

"Wouldn't that have been my name if I'd been born a girl?"

"How do you know?"

"Remember the Halloween when I was eight and I dressed like Alice from Alice in Wonderland?"

"Yes, you looked so cute in that blue dress and tights. But your mother had to get you matching bloomers since the skirt was so short."

"At that party, you told me that if I had been born a girl, I'd be Linda Lee."

Daddy hugged me, "Yes that would've been your name if you'd been born a girl. But why did you transform>"

I granted her wish.

"Dad that's my fault," I sighed. Will he be glad that the reason that I've been dressing as a girl for Halloween is that I want to be a girl, or is it an act?

"You mean that you chose to become a girl?"

"Yes, the Moonstone granted me my secret desire to be a girl," I wept. Now Mom and Dad will hate me..

Momma took my chin in her hand, "Lee, we've known all along about your secret, but didn't know just how much you wanted to be a girl. Seeing you, our son wearing those skimpy outfits that needed bloomers and tights seemed to be your way of safely cross-dressing. We NEVER thought that you would want to be a girl that much."

"Am I a disappointment?"

Daddy hugged me, "Hardly! We are both proud of you and your wanting to be a girl is alright with me."

I hugged him, "Thanks, Daddy. But what about my new identity?"

"Not to worry, Linda Lee. I have connections that can handle that for me." he sighed. GOD, I hope that I don't have to.

"Daddy, are you talking about using Intergang connection?"

"Yes, those of Morgan Edge. He has gone legit."

"Okay, Daddy, but hold up, please."

"Why?"

"Maybe the Moon Heart can help."

I granted her wish to be a girl, I can also let her become her male self.

"You mean that as a male, I can be your host?"

Your male self will not be my host.

"Then what about Linda Lee and you?" asked Momma.

Her male self will wear a ring that will act as a conduit to channel my energies to my host.

"Then I need something to wear to be the host."

"Sylvia, are you two the same size?" asked Daddy.

"Yes we are, why?"

"Why not let Linda Lee wear it as the host of the Moon Heart?"

Momma reached under her bed, "Fred, I was saving this for the dance on the way back. But I think that our daughter will look better in it than I do."

"Daddy, you think so?"

"I know so, get dressed. I'm getting us something to drink," he replied as he stepped out to our cooler's outer access.

Jade tall.jpgCourtesy Of D.C. Comics

The costume had green leggings with white upper torso and boots with a stylized star on the chest. It didn't take long with Momma's help to slide the nylon legging up so that the upper portions bodice gave me comfort and support as the bra encased my breasts and the pad supported my vagina.

"Mom, it feels as if I'm naked," I giggled.

"Here, look in the mirror."

I heard a knock on the door, "May I come in?"

"Come in, Daddy."

As he came in, I looked in the mirror and I saw a green aura turning white as I floated in the air. As I looked at the new me, Momma pulled me back down and hugged me.

"Moon Heart, are you causing me to glow green?"

I saw the symbol on my chest glow green, then white,Behold! My Host.

jadegrey.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

[-][+][-]
The End Of Captain Comet-1
To Be Continued In Captain Comet-2

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stanman, This is the start

Stanman,
This is the start of a very interesting story and I look forward to reading more chapters as you post them. Jan

Just wanted to say

NoraAdrienne's picture

I caught your joke about Ms. Danvers' full name... Let's see how many Gold or Silver Age fans we have.

Great Beginning!

I'm glad you posted this and I'm looking forward to more!