Queen Thunder-1

Printer-friendly version
MaryMarvelhoover3.jpg  
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics
Queen Thunder-1

 
A Metastory in the Comics Retcon Universe
by Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis: When the Earth needs a Champion and Avatar to defend the planet, Billie Batson soon finds that she is the One.

[-][+][-]

I want to thank Lilith Langtree for creating the Comic Retcon Universe. This story is a re visioning of Captain
Marvel.

Well, here I am, a petite brunette dynamo with awesome powers thanks to me finding a strange amulet that gave me back the heritage that was stolen from me, leaving me an orphan who grew up learning about the dark side of the city, yet maintaining my integrity which gave me a moral strength to resist temptation.

[-][+][-]

My name is Billie Lee Batson. I am a senior at Fawcett High School where I a member of the Media Club. The Media Club produces the schools newsletter: Fawcett Gazette and operates the school's intercom as well as producing the school's yearbook.

With me on staff is my twin sister Mary Anne Batson and our friend Freda Freeman. Freda, Mary and I are cheerleaders, so are used to wearing short skirts and wearing hose during colder weather, which helped me when I found my destiny as a super heroine known as Queen Thunder.

[-][+][-]

I was taking the subway to the WHIZ Radio/TV station to meet with Doctor Thaddeus Sivana who was the Dean of Sciences at Fawcett University. I'd been granted an interview because of my article on him and his many doctorates.

WHIZ radio had branched out into the cable TV market by becoming an affiliate of W.G.B.S. in Metropolis, giving WHIZ a sizable chunk of the cable pie by broadcasting local shows and interviewing the various heroes and their friends as well as any villains deemed safe enough to interview.

[-][+][-]

I was wearing my school uniform of red blazer, white blouse, blue skirt and hose with my black loafers. I got off of the subway and found an amulet shaped like a lightning bolt. When I put it over m head, I found that I felt as if I was living lightning.

I started to head up when I saw an altar with the strange lightning bolt design that matched my amulet. I saw a series of women wearing short dresses with the lightning bolt on their chest with the one in white calling out to me.

BILLIE BATSON, YOUR HEART IS PURE IN SPITE OF THE WICKEDNESS THAT YOU HAVE SEEN. I CHOOSE YOU AS MY AVATAR ON EARTH..

"Avatar?"

YES. I AM ARTEMIS, DAUGHTER OF GAIA, GUARDIAN OF LIFE.

"And you want for me to help you?"

YES. IF YOU AGREE TO BE MY CHAMPION, YOU SHALL BE GIVEN THE GIFT OF A NEW BODY AND MY SPECIAL BLESSING TO TRANSMUTE LIFE.

"I accept."

THEN AWAKEN MY CHAMPION, QUEEN THUNDER.

I felt the amulet engulf me within a blast of living lightning that imbued me with more energy than I ever thought possible. I saw in a mirror that my school uniform was replaced with a white tennis dress with yellow hem on the skirt, sleeves waist and collar with matching yellow boots and my legs were encased in tan hose.

AS QUEEN THUNDER, YOU ARE BLESSED WITH THE WISDOM AND SKILL OF MINERVA, THE SWIFTNESS OF ARTEMIS FOR SPEED, THE POWER OF HERA, THE STRENGTH OF HIPOLYTA. AS LONG AS YOU WEAR MY AMULET, YOU ARE IMMUNE TO ALL ATTACKS..

"Will I be the only one? This amulet has three identical amulets hanging with it."

WHEN YOU FIND A WORTHY AVATAR, THE AMULET WILL KNOW.

"Okay. Do I bring them here?"

THE OTHERS WILL BE REVEALED TO YOU WHEN IT IS TIME. THEN USE THE AMULETS TO CALL ME AND I WILL COME AND WELCOME THEM INTO THE FAMILY.

"How do I return to who I was, and do I need to return home to get another uniform?"

TO ATTAIN YOUR MORTAL FORM, JUST WILL IT. YOU MAY ALSO WILL YOU MORTAL APPAREL OVER YOUR AVATAR GARB.

So, taking her advice, I willed my school uniform back on, keeping my new power handy, then I heard her once again.

YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO BE MY CHAMPION. AS MY CHAMPION, YOU HAVE THE BLESSINGS OF MY AVATAR. AS YOURSELF, YOU MAY TRANSMUTE ANY LIFE.

"But I thought that I had both Blessings in both guises."

THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH POWER. POWER CORRUPTS. ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY

Then I was whisked up to the WHIZ building where I saw Doctor Thaddeus Sivana in the cafeteria, having lunch. He was a diminutive, bald powerhouse who bore a striking resemblance to the actor Patrick Stewart of Star Trek fame.

[-][+][-]

He looked at me as if I was a piece of meat. I could feel that he was a lecherous old fool who wanted to bed me, if he could. He had a reputation for bedding many women and had several bastard children that were taken care of through a trust fund. I refused to be his next victim.

"Greetings, Miss Batson. I see that you are early for our interview. Would you like to partake of a tea with me?"

I knew that all too often he laced the tea with a soporific intended to place me under his hypnotic suggestion. But with my transmuting power, I was safe.

I drank the tea that he passed to me and conducted the interview with the grace and poise of Clark Kent, knowing that Sivana was furious that his tea was not working on me.

When the interview was over, he tried to influence me into wanting to bed him, but failed miserably, leading to his actual assaulting me. Sivana grabbed my arm and tried to force me to the couch for a quickie, but a well placed elbow into his throat ended his attempt to woo me

I quickly flipped him over my shoulder, using the self-defense moves that Coach Betty [BOOM BOOM] Bryant taught us girls. She was a Marine reservist and felt that any young lady should be able to defend herself. If she knew that I had just used her teachings to great effect, she would be proud of me.

"HOW DARE YOU ATTACK ME! I SHALL HAVE YOU JAILED, BITCH!"

I smiled at him, "Oh, really? Then what will you do when your assault on me is made public?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

I pointed up to the security cams, "The station has a video record of your actions. And will broadcast the video when you have me jailed."

He did not know that I was bluffing about the video because I saw the telltale evidence of the cut leads that his henchmen had doubtlessly done.

"BAH! HUMBUG! YOU ARE NOT WORTH MY TIME!"

I relaxed when he stomped out of the room, but now my job was in jeopardy since he could pull a few strings and have my job. I decided to fight fire with fire and went to the station manager's office.

[-][+][-]

Dudley Fawcett was an elderly gent who looked like Ricardo Montalbá¡n, but talked like W.C. Fields. Mister Fawcett was a kind gentleman in his '40's who had no children, so when he found out that me and my sister were orphans, he adopted us, but let us keep our surnames.

Growing up as his adopted daughters we never got anything but the best that he could provide for us as a single male attorney fresh out of Fawcett University.

Unca Dudley had inherited the Fawcett Estate, but due to the mismanagement of funds by shady accountants, he had to sell the extensive estate to pay off the accumulated debt, but when his accountant friend Miss Dale Shaw got a hold of the books, she was able to prove that Angus Fawcett had bribed the accountants to bankrupt the University so that he could turn it into Fawcett Acres, a planned community.

Unca Dudley donated Fawcett Estate to the University which promptly converted the mansion into a student dorm and the surrounding estate property into the Fawcett University Sports Complex, home of Fawcett University Athletic Program.

[-][+][-]

Unca Dudley had brought Mary, Freda and I to as many of the games as he could, so I was well known on campus and had no trouble getting into his office located in the Administration/Drama Building. Administration was located on the main floor with faculty offices above and the Drama Theatre below in the basement where the stage held the central heating and storage was under the auditorium seating with a maze of back stage cubicles for wardrobe and dressing rooms as well as the offices for the Conductor and Stage Manager.

"Hey, Unca Dudley," I said as I hugged him as he was getting his daily fix of caffeine from chilled coffee. No hot coffee for him.

"Well, if it isn't Billie B. What can I do for you, my little Chickadee?"

I poured myself a mug, knowing that we both liked our chilled coffee the same way, "I just had an interview with that slime ball, Sivana," I fumed.

"The old letch tried his wiles on you?"

"Yes. He uses a drugged tea to bed his conquests. But I am now immune to such, much to the creeps annoyance," I smirk as I sip my coffee.

"OH?"

"My metagene," I hedged. I wasn't ready to reveal my new life as an Avatar.

Unca Dudley sat his mug of the heavenly brew down and had a good belly laugh.

"That Sivana called me to have you banned from the university. Now I know why. And how does it feel to be Gaea's Champion and Avatar?"

"WHA?"

"That amulet of yours is a Batson heirloom from your family’s days as practicing Wiccans. Your great granny Betty Batson was the last Avatar and until now, no other was ready."

"How do you know that I'm ready?"

"You were chosen, Billie."

[-][+][-]


To Be Continued In Queen Thunder-2

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very well written

Wow. That was very well written. I just noticed who the author was and recognized him, so i decided to take a look, and i read all the way through. I'll definitely have to keep reading when the next part comes out.

-Kylie
"Sometimes it's Free, but not Free. Sometimes it's Free but not Free. Sometimes it's both Free and Free, and sometimes it's neither Free not Free."
(I read and reply to all comments left on my stories)

Thanks, Kylie

I have read the many different origind of CM, even a T.G. version. What I did was take the CM story and and make my own version. CM is not as powerful as the original, but still tuff.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

A TG origin?

Was this a comic book version, Stan, or was this an online origin of the Big Red Cheese?

Interesting and Funny

I liked the reference to attempted rape as an attempt to woo.
I will have to follow this story. Interesting and well written.
Thank You

Kaptin Nibbles

Captain Marvel would be

proud of this, if she was allowed to use that name, well done all the wonderful Fawcet group mythos in use

1 out of 5 boxes of tissue and 5 gold starsDesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree