SRU: My Best Christmas

Printer-friendly version
lights06.gif
SRU: My Best Christmas

By Stanman63
Thanks To Nora-Adrienne For Editing!

Synopsis:When Matt loses everything, his best friend gives him a most wonderful gift that keeps on giving.

[-][+][-]

I grew up next to Matt Jeffrey, an all around good guy who was one of the smartest guy in school, with yours truly as his best friend and rival. My name was Harcourt Simon Hanson until I became Harriett Simone Hanson and married my best friend after a chance meting with the SRU Wizard who helped me to se who I really am.
[-][+][-]

Matt and I grew up in Alabama where we were immersed in farming, scouting, and country-western music. When not engaged in school activities, we were either helping our parents in farming, or out fishing. It was when we were eligible to run for positions in the student government that our good natured rivalry began that led to us both being elected to different positions: Matt as president, me as vice president all through our high school years. But that changed after we graduated, Matt was in his prime when disaster struck, leaving him a most bitter orphan when his family was killed by a drunk driver just before Christmas.

He was all set to enter into the seminary and become a pastor while I went to seminary to become a youth/music pastor. Hartford Community Church had expressed an interest in us as student pastors to replace the aging clergy once we had been ordained, but Matt lost his Faith and became a farmer like his father until I intervened and gave him back his Faith after a visit to a certain Wizard.

[-][+][-]

I was in the mall when I noticed a quaint shop with all sorts of odds and ends in the window with SPELLS 'R' US over the main door. I, entered and heard a young lady, "Harcourt the Wizard will see you shortly."

I saw a young lady wearing a red skirt suit with a green blouse, white hose who was walking by a large gray wolf, "How?"

"The Wizard knows everything, and has an answer to your need."

"Who are you?"

I saw an elderly man wearing a blue bathrobe come up and scratch the wolf behind the ears, "She is the answer to your need, if you accept it, Harry."

"How is that?"

"Your best friend Matt has lost his family and Faith, but you can change that so that they do not die."

"How?"

"By becoming the young woman that you are in your Heart and Soul, and marry Matt."

"WHAT!?"

"I am the girl that you want to be, but are afraid to become because you fear that Matt will not accept the real you," she said.

"Then tell me how by becoming you, I save Matt and his family."

"Harcourt, you remember the school uniforms that your friend Sarah wore?"

"Yeah! a crimson or navy sleeveless dress with white blouse, why?"

"If you accept my offer, you too will be a girl and become Matt' girlfriend while still being his political rival."

"And I will not need to fear anything?"

"Nothing to fear, unless you are afraid of getting cold wearing this dress," she giggled.

"Do I wear such short skirts as you?"

"Well, mainly to teach dance and cheer. Why?"

"Because I envied Sarah for being a cheerleader and Dancer," I sighed.

"Child, you can choose to be who you want to be and spare Matt his grief, or share in his grief."

"I have chosen to be Harriett."

[-][+][-]

I became Harriett and married Matt that Christmas, thanks to a certain Wizard.
Merry Christmas


Finis

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos