Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Hunter’s Supply Warehouse:
Carla had managed to locate another Hunter supply depot. She goes about gathering items to resupply her depot. While she is gathering her supplies and placing special design explosives to destroy everything. She hears a familiar voice coming from the darkness.

“Hello, Carla. It’s good to see you again.” Robert Caron steps out of the shadows towards Carla.

Carla turns around when she hears Robert’s voice. A smile appears on her face behind her helmet.

“I wish I could say it’s good to see you as well, Robert. But I would be lying. So, are we going to fight this out? Because, if I remember right, I beat you last time.” Carla prepares herself for a sneak attack from Robert.

She sidesteps a punch from Robert and traps his arm. She throws him off balance as she sweeps his legs out from under him. She feels herself grab and thrown backward.

Robert was amazed at how fast Carla moved. He went to punch her, but felt his arm capture and then his legs swept out from under him. He grabs her and throws Carla backward. He tosses some pellets towards her. When they hit her body armor, they explode.

Carla felt the explosive force from whatever Robert through at her. The kinetic force from the explosion sends her to her ass. She has little time to react, as Robert attacks her with his sword. She brings her right forearm up to block his attack. The sword hits her forearm and glances off.

She plucks a small metallic hockey size puck from her utility belt “let’s see how you like this.”

The puck glows and a powerful electrical discharge erupts from the device. The energy cascades around and throughout Robert’s armor, causing his muscles to seize. The next thing Robert knows, he is falling backward away from Carla. He looks up and tries to look through the optics of his helmet. However, all he could see was static.

Carla stands up off the concrete floor and looks down at Robert “I told you what would happen.”

Robert tries reaching towards the damn puck. He manages to get his armored hand on it and using what strength he had, yanks it off. He lifts his other arm and fires two bolts at Carla from a concealed launcher.

Carla tries to dodge out of the way, but one of the bolts hit her right shoulder. A small explosion occurs and penetrates her body armor.

“Son of a bitch.” Pain shoots through her body as the bolt buries itself in her shoulder.

“How do you like your chances now, sinner?” Robert slowly gets up off the concrete floor and looks at Carla.

“I’m still better than you, Robert.” Carla still had a few tricks up her sleeves.

“Prove it.” Robert watches Carla carefully.

He knew how tricky she can be. He knew his last attack took her by surprise and penetrated her armor. He was ordered to kill her and bring her head back as proof.

Carla watches Robert, looking for the best way to take him down. She knew he had orders to kill her. The higher-ups in the Hunter organization was getting tired of her destroying their property and people.

An idea pops into her head, as she charges towards Robert. She knows his armor battery life was cut in half from that electrical attack she did. She pulls two more discs from her utility belt and jumps over Robert while slapping the disc onto his back.

She remotely activities the disc “goodbye Robert.”

Robert tries to reach for the discs but they explode instead.

“Told you I was better.” Carla reaches for the bolt sticking out of her shoulder.

She yanks it out and pours some clotting powder on the wound. She stuffs the opening in her armor with a gaze. Her wife is going to give her hell when she sees the wound. She finishes gathering her supplies and grab the spare cash Hunter’s keep stored at all their depots.

Once she is done and all the explosives are set. She heads outside and spots the vehicle Robert came in.

“He won’t be needing this anymore.” Carla disables the tracking device all Hunter vehicles come equipped with.

Bounty Ranch, Caldwell, Montana:
Julia and Christmas were helping to clean up the mess from the assault. They were transporting ammo and somes missiles her father lost during the fight, from the ammo bunker. Christmas looks at her wife “where did your father get all this ammo?”

“Dad knows certain government officials and weapon suppliers. Some of it is from jobs he has done as well.” Julia knows everything her father has, came from his time as a government agent.

Christmas looks at all the ammo and weapons in the bunker and couldn’t believe how much he had. Also, she couldn’t believe all the different missiles and missile launchers he had as well.

“You’re father could start World War three with what he has.” As she secures several ammo cases full of ammo to the trailer.

“I wouldn’t go that far. Dad believes in the Boy Scouts motto of always being prepared. Some of this ammo was bought by my great
grandfather.” Julia saw pictures of her great grandfather and grandfather. Her father looked just like his grandfather.

Once the two trailers were loaded. Julia and Christmas head towards the silo to replenish and clean the weapons there. Her father wanted her and her wife to prepare all the weapons in the silo if trouble started up again.

Gina and Arnold were resupplying and cleaning the other weapons that protected the property. They had been assigned that task by Jack. Since Gina knew how her father wanted the weapons cleaned. She worked on doing that, while Arnold reloads the ammo caches for the weapons.

Gina knew Arabella wanted to stay and help them, but Debbie had other chores for the grandchildren to do. Gina knew Alyona and Silvia were assigned to cleaning all the rifles, handguns, shotguns that had been used during the fight. Any weapons the Hunters had on them when they were captured were taken and placed in the armory.

The runway had been lifted back in place and was operational again. Any damages done to any of the buildings were being worked on by several construction contractors Jack either owned or contracted with.

The farmhands had filled in all the carters and placed fresh grass on top of the filled-in holes. Selina and Debbie had the grandchildren and were fixing lunch and dinner for everyone. The person that had been found, were transferred to a private hospital and was to be cared for by Doctor Carl Salk.

Chayton was looking for his grandfather. The last place his grandmother said he was outside and down the driving way. He grabs his bicycle and rides down the long driveway. He spots his grandmother’s pickup truck three-quarters of the way down the driveway. He gets off his bicycle and parks it next to the pickup truck.

He looks for his grandfather and spots him almost to the highway. He climbs the fence and walks over towards his grandfather.

“Is everything okay, grandpa?” He wonders what Jack was doing.

Jack hears Chayton’s voice coming from behind him. He had gone up the driveway to see what damage was done to it and what improvements he could make.

“Everything is okay, Chayton. I was just looking around.” Jack turns around and spots his grandson.

“Do you think we will be attacked again?” Chayton was a little concerned about that.

“If they value their lives, they would think twice about attacking us again.” Jack would go hunting again and he wouldn’t stop with the minions. He would go directly to whoever controlled the Hunters.

Chayton saw a look on his grandfather’s face, that he hasn’t seen before. He could hear that there was anger in his grandfather’s voice.

“Grandpa, how long have you been a government agent?” Chayon was curious.

“Too long, Chayton.” Jack looks at his grandson.

“Have you always been a government agent, grandpa?” Chayton didn’t know much about his new grandfather.

“No, I use to be in the British military,” Jack remembered how excited he was when he was allowed to join.

“Why the British military, instead of the US military, grandpa?”

“Well, at the time I was being raised in Ireland by my mother. My parents lived in Europe. My grandfather owned this ranch. It is a tradition for any Bounty family member to join the military. A year after I joined the military, I joined the SAS.” Jack loved his time in the military.

Chayton didn’t know what SAS was “grandpa, what does SAS stand for?”

“Special Air Service. It's one of the best special forces units around.” Jack was proud that he served.

“Is that where you learned all your skills?” Chayton wanted to know more about his grandfather.

“Not all of them. I was an MI 6 agent as well.”

“You were like James Bond?” Chayton couldn’t believe his grandfather was like James Bond.

“Yes and no. Most of what James Bond is and does is fictional. However, I was one of the last MI 6 agents that are still authorized to carry a license to kill.” Jack knew he was the last agent to hold a license to kill, license. Now, a day you have to get authorization to kill someone.

“Wow!”

“So, what brings you down here, Chayton?” Jack never asked his grandson why he was looking for him.

“Oh, sorry. Grandma said dinner is ready.” Chayton almost forgot why he came to find his grandfather.

‘Okay, come on and I’ll give you a lift back to the house.” Jack leads Chayton back to the truck.

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like the days

of the Hunter leadership are numbered.

Well 1 more hunter bites the dust

Samantha Heart's picture

Hunter vs Ex-Hunter. Ex-Hunter wins by killing the hunter who killed her (kill him before he kills you type of thing self defense.) As for world war 3 well... maybe Jack could, but... he wouldnt. However if WW III ever did brake out the Bounty ranch is the SAFEST place to be.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

So religious righteousness

Jamie Lee's picture

So the Hunter are religious nuts, who believe they are morally superior. Therefore, they can treat others as they choose, anyway the choose.

Bet they never thought the real world would object to their lunacy and explains things to them. Or the real world would use Bounty and friends to give that explanation.

Others have feelings too.