Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 14

Printer-friendly version

“I don’t know Jack. This is some unique and barbaric modification that has been done to this person. All traces of what they were originally has been removed.” Dr. Carl Salk looks at the person on the examination table.

“What modifications have been done to the body?” Jack had watched as Dr. Salk examined the body.

“Well, the bionic replace arm, is recent. You can tell by the surgical scars. The modifications to the mouth and face are old. It looked like they had been done while the person was younger. As for the extra skin covering. It’s made of some sort of protective skin covering. I’ve taken a sample to examine. As for the claws and such, they are attached to the finger and toe bones of the person. Someone was trying to create an animal out of a human being.”

Jack looks at the person still unconscious on the table “can you tell if they use to be male or female?”

“I’ll have to do an x-ray of the body, to tell. Whoever did this barbaric surgery to this person made sure you can’t tell if they were male or female.” Dr. Salk would love to get his hands on the person responsible for this.

“Let me call Gina, she knows someone who might be able to shine some light on this matter.” Jack walks over to the house phone and dials his
Daughter’s number.

Master bedroom, Gina’s House:
Gina was brushing Arabella’s hair. She was spending more time with her daughter. She knew how much Arabella wanted to be closer to her and Arnold. After the attack on her father’s place and Arabella being left alone in the house during the attack. She wanted to reassure Arabella that she was sorry and baby her some.

Plus, she uses to enjoy it when Selina brushed her long black hair. She wraps her arms around Arabella and places a kiss on her cheek.

“Are you feeling better, sweetie?” Gina held Arabella in her arms.

Arabella leans against her mother’s chest and was enjoying feeling her arms wrapped around her. She was starting to feel safer with her
mother back from New York. She places her hands on her mother’s hand’s “yes ma’am.”

Arabella closes her eyes and enjoys feeling her mother just holding her. Today, Gina promise to spend the day with her. After a few minutes, Gina’s cellphone starts ringing.

Gina hears the familiar growling sound that was her father’s ring tone. She picks the phone up and accepts the call “good morning daddy.
What can I do for you?”

“Morning sweetie. I need to talk to the person that you said to use to be with the Hunter organization.”

“You mean Carla, daddy? I’ll see if I can get her and ask her to call you. Do you want her to call you on the home phone or your other cell?”
Gina looks up Carla’s number.

“On my other cellphone.”

“Alright, let me switch over and call her quickly.” Gina puts her father on hold and dials Carla’s number.

Storage Warehouse, The Bronx, New York:
Carla was reloading her utility belt for her armor suit. She had to do some minor repairs to her suit after an encounter she, Hatter and Shade had just been in. She still can’t get over the fact that Hatter was as good as she was. She heard stories of the Mad Hatter lose in New York, but she had never encountered her before.

Now she was working with Hatter and her boyfriend Shade. The three of them have been teaming up to take down some of the local gangs and some of Hunter’s locations. So, far this week they had busted up three drug deals and blew-up four Hunter sites’, after saving as much information as they could.

Just as she finished reloading her utility belt, her cellphone starts ringing. She picks it up and notices it was Gina’s cellphone number. She presses accept “Hey Gina, what can I do for you?”

“Hey Carla, my father needs to talk to you about something he discovered at his place. Do you have a few minutes, to talk with him?” Gina puts Arabella’s hair in a ponytail while speaking to Carla.

“Sure, put him on.” Carla sits on the work stool at her workbench.

“He wants you to call him. Is that a problem?”

“No, go ahead and send me his number.” Carla waits for the number.

Gina sends her father’s cellphone number. She receives the confirmation that it was received.

“Alright, I got the number, Gina. I’ll call your father as soon as we finished our call.” Carla wonders what Mr. Bounty wanted.

“Alright. I’ll call you later.” Gina wanted to go and make breakfast for everyone.

“No problem. Bye!” Carla ends the phone call.

She dials Mr. Bounty’s number next. After a few seconds, he answers.

Medical Clinic, Jack Bounty’s Place, Caldwell, Montana
Jack’s business cellphone starts ringing. He notices it was from an unlisted number. He presses the accept button “hello?”

“Mr. Bounty this is Carla, I’m one of Gina’s associates. She said that you needed to speak to me.”

“Yes, can we switch this call of to video, please? I have something to show you.” Jack walks over to the examination table.

“Sure.” Carla switches her phone over to the video call.

Jack does the same thing with his. Once he sees Carla’s face on his screen “Carla, I’m Jack Bounty. I was told you use to be a former Hunter agent.”

“Yes sir, I use to be one. Now I hunt them down and send them on their way. Gina said that you found something?”

“Yes, I was wondering if you can tell me what or who it is.” Jack turns his cellphone around and shows the person they found.

Carla looks at the image and knew immediately what it was. She couldn’t believe that Mr. Bounty caught a hound “that’s a hound, Mr. Bounty.”

“What’s a hound?” Jack had turned his cellphone back around to look at Carla’s image.

“They are surgery altered people with special talents that are used to hunt down others like them or to hunt down people Hunter’s want to capture. The ones who volunteer for the process can keep their reproductive organs. Those that are forced, are made as plainly as possible.”

“Do they normally receive bionic limbs, like this one?” Jack was curious about that.

“It all depends on who their owner is. If their owner wants to keep their pets around for a while or experiment on them, they might do that. I’m surprised you managed to capture that one. Normally, if a hound is captured, they will either explode or try to kill you.” Carla was curious how Mr. Bounty captured that one.

“Carla, how do they make hounds like this?” Dr. Salk was curious.

“They train them from birth or when they are kids. They treat them like animals, trying to strip their humanity from them. They make them fight constantly either against each other or against animals in a pit. The ones who survive the training, are surgically altered. The captured ones are strip, of their identity and treated like animals. The ones who volunteer for the process, are treated like cherished pets and allowed to reproduce.” Carla has seen the process and it disgusts her.

Dr. Salk and Jack couldn’t believe how vial the Hunter organization could be. Dr. Salk has never heard of anyone doing such things to people. Jack knew Warlords who gave their child soldiers, Brown-Brown and such. However, he has never come across people who would experiment on others and turn them into animals.

“Carla, do you have any data you can send me on this?”

“Yes, sir. I’ll give you access to a special cloud account I have that has the information you want.” Carla logs onto the special cloud account and adds Jack Bounty to it.

Dr. Salk packs up his samples “Jack, I’m going to look these samples over and get back with you.”

“Alright, let me know what you find out.” Jack was still looking at the person or hound they found.

“Will do.” Dr. Salk walks out of the medical clinic.

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yep, rabid animals need put down

Jamie Lee's picture

To do that to another human says a lot about the Hunters, that they see themselves as elitists. All the more reason they should be exterminated.

Others have feelings too.