What You Can't See, Can Hurt You Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Sasha was in the mood for some good old fashion Irish food. She had just gotten in town to setup for the magic show the city council of Canton had hired her to perform on Friday. Her equipment would be deliver tomorrow and setup by her crew. She had taken one of the families Learjet’s from California to Atlanta, Georgia and had rented a car to drive from the private airfield to Canton, Georgia.

Her aunt’s agents were getting conflicting reports of where Adam Ludlum was. She knew he was staying off the internet, because her aunt had a search engine running 27/7 for anything related to Adam Ludlum or his description. The last result she saw was he had been spotted in New York.

While Sasha had been flying, she had googled the town and found the listing for a pub that has good Irish food and atmosphere. So, she was heading there now. She couldn’t wait to see if the reviews she read equal the quality of the food or if it was a marketing gimmick.

She had managed to find parking close to the restaurant. As she was getting out of the car, she thought she saw someone she recognized going into the pub. As Sasha walked into the pub, she notices how popular it was from the crowd inside. She glances at her watch and figure this must be the dinner crowd in here. There was Irish music playing and the place had a nice old world Irish pub feel going for it.

As She looks around the place, she spots the person she has been looking for. She notices he was talking to a young woman with long straight golden brunette hair and wearing a pair of pink wraparound sunglasses. She also notices the custom cane near her. She recognized the cane as the ones used by people who are blind. Sasha slips one of her flame balls in her hand and one of her throwing knives in her other hand. She would pull her gun out, but that would take too long.

She walks over towards the table ready to kill Adam Ludlum. After the crap, he pulled back in California, she should had roasted his testicle and penis, instead of his leg like she did.

“Excuse me for bothering you, but it seems we met again Mr. Adam Ludlum.” Sasha had a killing look on her face.

Cassandra looks up at the woman standing next to her table “it’s alright Ms. Wolfhart. I believe that Mr. Ludlum and I have finish our business.
Isn’t that right Mr. Ludlum?”

Cassandra glances back towards Adams.

Adam just smiles at Cassandra “I guess you are right Ms. Cross. If you change your mind. Here is my card.”

He hands his business card to her and gets up.

“Ms. Wolfhart, it’s good to see you again. I hope this time we can be more civilized towards each other.” Adam didn’t like Sasha because she caused him to lose out on a contract for a client of his looking for a new sex toy. She had interfered with him trying to acquire the girl he wanted for the client and adopted the girl as her own daughter. He had tried to fight the adoption, but Sasha’s family had money and influence. The girl had been made a member of her bloody band as well.

“As long as you come along peacefully and turn your sorry ass over to the police. We’ll get along just fine.” Sasha just directs her attention to him as a knowing smile appears on her face. She was ready to kill him right here and right now.

Sasha had tracked down who wanted to buy Rose and planted a hypnotic suggestion in his mind. Every time he thought about sex or looked at porn of any kind, he would stab his groin with a pencil or something sharp. She had to reinforce the suggestion a few times, but the man deserved what she did to him. It was better then what her brother or father would do to him. He wouldn’t be able to walk after they got done with him. Her mother and aunt would had given him a sex change and drop his butt in the worse neighborhoods to be raped repeatedly.
Cassandra sat quietly and listen to the exchange between Ms. Wolfhart and Mr. Ludlum. She knew that Ms. Wolfhart is one of the people meant to help her with her fight against Mr. Ludlum and the people he was currently employed by. She also felt that the two had a history together.

“I don’t think so Ms. Wolfhart. You see, you don’t have any evidence to hold me and if you try. Well, let’s just say you’ll be responsible for the death of all these people. The second reason is, if you don’t let me leave here. I’ll give my agents the go ahead to kill your daughters and your band members. Your parents and Aunt are already under investigation by the FBI and NSA.

Sasha notices he had his hand on a triggering device.

“Oh, one more thing. I don’t want to see your hand leave your side till I leave the restaurant either. I know what you are capable of.”

Adam just gives Sasha an evil smile as walks towards the door.

Cassandra couldn’t believe what she had just heard from Mr. Ludlum.

Sasha just watches as Adam walks off. She had the throwing knife ready to throw, along with the fireball as well. She watches as he leaves the restaurant. She walks up to the door and notice him climb into an SUV and drive off.

Sasha walks back over to the table where the woman is sitting

“I’m sorry for disturbing your conversion, but that is one man you don’t want to have anything to do with. Well, I better go and find a table for myself.” As Sasha turns to leave.

“Ms. Wolfhart, please join me. I wouldn’t mind your company.” Cassandra had a friendly smile on her face as she looks directly towards Sasha.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to intrude.” Sasha had her hand on the chair that Mr. Ludlum had just vacated.

“I’m sure, please sit.” Cassandra motions with her hand towards the chair.

“Thank you.” She sits down and slips the items in her hand back in her pockets. She looked across the table at Cassandra.

Cassandra raises her hand and motions to Jerry.

Jerry notices Cassandras hand and sends one of the waitresses over to her table.

“What can I get you Cassandra?” Betty pulls her order pad out.

“I’ll have the usual Betty, but I do believe that Ms. Wolfhart would like the Irish Fried Cabbage & Sausage and some white wine as well.”
Cassandra just smiles and listens as Betty walks off.

“I hope you don’t mind me ordering for you Ms. Wolfhart. It’s just I had a glimpse of what you liked and knew you’ll like how Steve cooked his Irish Fried Cabbage & Sausage.”

“No, I don’t mind. However, do you always show off your gift like that to strangers?” Sasha knew there were people with psychic gifts in the world. Her mother had introduced her to a few she personally knew, but they liked to keep their gifts quiet and below the radar. Just like she likes to keep her own gift under wraps, unless she uses it as part of her band and magical act.

“Yes and no. I know you perform illusions and slight of hands tricks alone and with your band. So, showing off around you is something I have no fear of. You know about people like me. On the other hand, if I was walking around the town advertising what I could do, people would see it and would either believe it or not believe it and call it a trick. Just like what you and some of your other stage magicians do. Here in this bar people have come to expect me to do this type of thing. They think it’s a trick for me. The exception is Jerry, the owner/bartender and a few of the waitresses. So, I’m safe here.”

“Well, you’re lucky you’re one of the lucky ones. Some of the people I was introduce to by my mother are hiding from the government. The government wants to use their gifts for their own purpose.” Sasha felt sorry for those people.

“Oh, I know that the government wants me. My gift is stronger and more accurate then what others like me can do. It’s like I’m the Greek mythology person that I was named after, reborn in the modern world.” Cassandra takes a sip of her tea after Betty sets it down.

“It’s going to be a few minutes on your dinner ma’am.” Betty sets the glass of wine down in front of Sasha.

“That’s fine.” She watches as the waitress walks away.

“Has your gift always been so strong?” Sasha loved hearing about Cassandra gift. She’ll have to tell her mother when she calls her later tonight to check on her and call Siren and check on their daughters and warn her as well.

“No, it was after I lost both my eyes that my gift became stronger and more accurate. You know how your other senses increase to make-up for the one you lose?” Cassandra was looking directly at Sasha as she spoke.

“Yes” Sasha couldn’t see Cassandras eyes clearly, because of how tinted pink her glasses were.

“Well, my predictions started happening more often. They have become a lot clearer then they use to be. So, I had to learn how to adjust and trust my gift more. By the way, how is your adopted daughter doing after her surgery?” Cassandra takes a sip of her tea again.

“She’s recovering well and being spoiled by her grandparents. Since she and her sister Rose are my parents first grandchild. They’re getting all sorts of attention by my mother and father. My mother is helping my youngest daughter heal after being raped like she was.” Sasha remembers pulling the council member off her daughter and frying his penis and testicles.

“You know your oldest is going to be a big rock star after you and the others retire, don’t you?” Cassandra had caught a glimpse of Sasha’s oldest daughter on her own.

“I wouldn’t put it past her. She’s got an amazing voice and after I get done teaching her how to play all the musical instruments in the band.
She’ll be even better.” Sasha hadn’t thought she would ever be a mother, until Rose and Gracie came into her life.

“She’ll be more then that Sasha. She’ll be a person a lot of gay, lesbian and transgender people both male to female, and female to male can look up to.” Cassandra could see Rose using her frame and her family influence to help others and getting thing done.

“Thanks for the heads up.” Sasha takes another sip of her wine. After a few minutes, her dinner arrives.

“Aren’t you going to eat anything?” Sasha felt bad eating in front of Cassandra, even tho she knew she couldn’t see her.

Cassandra just giggles “No, I ate earlier. Besides I can only hear you eat. So, your fine eating in front of me.”

Sasha eats her dinner and has a desert afterwards. Cassandra excuses herself and goes to the lady’s room again. She’ll have to cut back on all the tea she is drinking.

Sasha spends most of the night at the pub with Cassandra and afterwards takes her home. She heads towards her hotel room the town was paying for.

Sasha calls to check-up on her daughters and tell Siren that there is a code yellow in play. To pass the word to all band members and their families. She called her parents next to let them know she arrived safely. She does ask about the matter Mr. Ludlum mention and was inform that the matter was well in hand and not to worry about it. She did warn them about the band members being targeted and her father said he would handle it.

After she was done with her phone calls, she walks over to the window of her hotel room and looked out. She spots a sniper across the way and ducks just in time as the bullet goes through the glass and strike the wall behind her. All her gear was over near the bed. Several more bullets fill the room.

She crushes two of her golf balls that produce flames and use them to generate a wall of flame in front of the window so she could grab her new gun her aunt gave her.

She drops the wall and fires an explosive gyro jet round across the street where the sniper had been. She looks and tries to see if he was still across the road, but she doesn’t see him anywhere. She calls down to the front desk and ask about getting a different room, because
someone had been shooting at her room.

The front desk send the police and Sasha talks with them about being shot at. She made sure to hide her new gun.

up
261 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well that is a really nice

Well that is a really nice welcome into Canton, isn't it? Getting shot at and getting your room shot up.

So...

Haylee V's picture

the search engine's running 27/7 huh? Kinda long for a day, don't you think? LOL. Overall, though, excellent story.

*Kisses Always*
Haylee V

Missing the target has repercussions

Jamie Lee's picture

Wonder what Adam's exit plan was if someone tried to capture him; of course no plan can be executed by a dead body.

If Adam had someone try to kill Sasha then he's in worse doo doo than before.

Others have feelings too.

Well now Mr Ludlum

Samantha Heart's picture

Is getting Bold trying to take Wildfire out like that he should have known better.... True he didn't pull the trigger him self, but putting a hit man on Sasha mmmmm naughty naughty Adam... She IS going to kill you eventually if not her personally then deffently a member of the familyor an employee of them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.