Locker Room Complaints

Printer-friendly version

Principal’s office. A tired looking woman is shown in. The Principal rises and welcomes the woman.

Principal: I’m very sorry to have had to ask you to come here Mrs Dupont but we have received complaints from several parents regarding your daughter in the locker room.

Mrs Dupont (sighing and near to tears): Oh, no not AGAIN! Why can’t they let sweet little Bobbie alone. She has not harmed anyone. And I thought the court order would have settled all that. It clearly states that Bobbie is a GIRL!

Principal: Actually, we haven’t had a single complaint about Bobbie from any parent once she actually started attending our school. She’s a lovely girl and all the other girls in her class love her. She's a perfect student. Working hard. Never makes the same mistake twice. Always cheerful. And very demure. I have fondly observed her relationship with my son develop. The sweetest puppy-love I’ve ever seen and I have been a teacher for twenty years. It took them more than a month before they even kissed.

No, the problem is your OTHER daughter. The genetic girl. I have received twelve complaints from parents that their daughters are, ehem, “less than comfortable” in the locker room due to Betty’s “rather blatant” expressions of her lesbianism.

up
217 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

One of these days ...

... you'll write a story where the twist is, is that there no twist.

That'll have all of our brains all twisted up looking for the twist.

Having suggested 'the twist is there is no twist', now I'm gonna have to see if I can change my name here ...

I've tried. It's not as easy as you think.

I blame my parents and brother.

I could claim that some of my stories are less twisted than others. For example "I Hadn't Expected to Be the First in My Class with Boobs" does have a twist at the end but it's just a small addition to a much longer narration which is the main part. The same applies to "What's in a name". "A Very Not Accidental Cheerleader" has so many twists and twirls that you, just possibly, could claim that it lacks a twist for that very reason.

The story I co-wrote with Corazón Tenderheart (the flag of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick comes to mind) is only softly twisted. The love story is much more important.

Personally I don't think that "The Dragon and the Girl" (one of my favourites) or "Commutation" are twisted. I realise that that is an opinion not shared by everyone.

So,

No PDA at this school.

I'm afraid that it's even worse than that

I'm afraid it's not a matter of Betty and girlfriend. Could that have been handled? Possibly.
When it comes to Betty it's more in the line of an "open invitation".

An archtwist

An archtwist would be a story without a twist. Readers would re-read and re-read your story in search of what is not there.

Cute little one, by the way.

Well, there is always the

tentative story I have threatened to write: A Death in Venice type of story that after some 100 000 words just peters out into nothing.
Perhaps I'll title it Death of a Venus Trap. In that case it'll involve an alien crossdresser.

Well, I haven't written it (yet)

However, given how I have imagined the story (broad outlines) it wouldn't be too difficult. It would describe the main character's life one repetetive day after the other. So Ctrl C, Ctrl V, Ctrl V, Ctrl V ;)

Besides, haven't you noticed that there is a trend, even if uneven, towards longer Bru stories? Of course this story rather contradicts that statement :)

Have intrigued me

Waiting for the very first novelette now.

For a moment...

Daphne Xu's picture

... I thought the solution would be to have a third locker room for gays and lesbians. Then I remembered that they also can get rather uncomfortable from aggressive ogling. (Not to mention straight persons posing as gay to join the locker room.)

It seems as if this was the first complaint about Betty.

-- Daphne Xu

A matter of respect

Respect is not a one way issue. Something Betty needs to learn. The story doesn't tell us why Betty has started to act like that now but you are correct that it appears to be the first time this has been brought up.

Interesting that for heterosexuals there only have to be two locker rooms to avoid sexual tension.
With gays and lesbians you can only have two per room.

You know, I hadn't realized

Rose's picture

You know, I hadn't realized this was a Bru story. Until I got to the end. Then my mind said, "Bru". I scrolled up and confirmed it.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

What a surprise it would have been

if someone else had written the story.

Perhaps I'm getting into a rut if my style is so recognisable.