Yet Another Dress Code

Printer-friendly version

A school somewhere in England a long time ago (well, actually recent past).

Please enter through the door that has the sign

Headmaster
James Heuchler

on it.

Considering that the temperature is well above 30C outside it’s nice to get into my temperature controlled office isn’t it?

I’m talking on the telephone.

- No Mrs Archer. You knew very well when you placed your boys in our school that we take rules very seriously and if we are to change them it will be only after due consideration and consultation. It doesn’t matter that the temperature is 34C and most classrooms have no air conditioning.

- No Mrs Archer, your son Peter was not put in isolation because he was wearing a skirt. He is allowed to wear the school skirt instead of black trousers if he so wishes but he had hairy legs. Further, since he’s a year 11 he should also have had his jacket. As for Harold his skirt was too short.

- Yes, I admit that we have bent the rules and allow the students in the senior years not to wear their jackets in this weather but they still have to carry them.

- Mrs Archer, your youngest son was excluded today because he came to school in shorts which both he and you know is not allowed AND he had not his tie on!

- No we are not hypocrites. The teaching staff has a similar dress code.

- It’s correct that Mr Brown wore a skirt today. He was reprimanded not for wearing a skirt but for having hairy legs.

- Good bye Mrs Archer. I hope that you will come to realize that our position regarding the dress code is the only proper one and beneficial for you children in the long run.

Having finished the call I see that it is time to go home. As I leave my office I note that while having fallen a bit the temperature is still quite high. Fortunately there is a slight breeze that caresses my bare legs under my microskirt. Thank God that Headmaster is classified as "Adminstration” and not ”Teaching”. My legs ARE shaved though.

When it comes to the students’ situation the story is based on true events. The parts about the Headmaster and teacher is pure fiction.

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And directly beneath

Amazon says I might like these, these being plaid and pleated skirts. Who says directed advertising isn't effective. Just a shame they didn't have my size.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Well I got

The school skirt ad AND some "Sexy Lace Lingerie" ads too. So there. :P

Too bad they don't have those schools in USA

Hey Ms Bru,

Another great short story. Guess we are going to have to call you the headmistress of short stories.

A loving fan,

Santacruzman

U.S. public schools

I have never heard of a U.S. public school uniform, though they are common in private schools. I'm surprised that nobody has challenged dress codes in U.S. public schools based on the first amendment.

Are you sure nobody has done exactly that?

Admittedly I probably have a less than correct impression of the US, being a foreigner and all that, but given that impression, and the size of the country, there almost certainly must have been such a case. Probably lost though, otherwise it would have been common knowledge.

Lawsuit

It might be a case of nobody being willing to pay a lawyer so that their kids can wear their hot pants and micro skirts at school. Though I can see the ACLU taking the case.

On a somewhat related note, a man stripped to the skin to protest being searched at the airport. He was convinced of indecent exposure. He won his appeal based on the first amendment.

Awful!

Punishment for hairy legs!?!
Fuck you!

Quite agree

In the real case the boys were not officially punished for hairy legs but they were told off.
Update: According to some of the boys one boy WAS sent into isolation for having hairy legs.

Lovely story,

Just saw the press report of the school in Exeter with all the boys standing around in their plaid skirts and as you say
one was sent home for "hairy " legs and another because his skirt was "too short "----hilarious !!! But the boys were
all looking pleased with themselves . I guess the school Principal is wiping egg off his/her face.

<em></em>

last year I kissed off shorts

BarbieLee's picture

Went to denim mini skirts. Double dog dare anyone to know the difference unless they are standing right in front of me and they consciously think about it. Ladies, and lads, if you try this trick make sure it is denim and design cut the same way as jeans. Pockets, belt loops, front zipper, etc. Careful when you sit if you are in company. Don't fidget and don't draw attention to your secret.

Have fun with life, it's too short to take seriously
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Hypocrite

When I read the name of the headmaster, alarm bells started going off!
You see, "Heuchler" is the german word for "Hypocrite".
I do not know if this was a pun inteded or not. But at a minimum it is very much tounge in cheek.

Nice story!