Jem…Chapter 178

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 178

*Officer Robert Fraser…

Adam Marshall the second didn’t go quietly as he was arrested despite all of the advice of his family lawyer.

“The drugs aren’t fucking mine!”

“I didn’t do any of this!”

And he went on and on in that vein all the way through being driven to the local RCMP station.

His lawyer protested that, he wanted Adam the second processed in Toronto.

And The Crown Prosecutor she cut that down pretty quick not wanting Mr. Marshall to have a money friendly or favor friendly judge that they might have had there in the city.

And actually this had been the strategy no matter who had been arrested.

Red Pines was close enough not to be Harper’s Point and they figured small enough to not actually have a judge that would be beholden to the Marshall family. There was very little there for them to actually need that kind of oomph for legally.

And with the drug charges and the fact that it was meth.

And it was black ice meth which had become a problem in their town with their own druggies and junkies the judge was more than happy to get things done.

No one likes a meth operation in their town.

And then there were the girls.

Some of them were beaten by the bikers and rough clients, most of them were teenagers from the local area in Harper’s Point and the surrounding area. Most of them were junkies too with a definite meth head like look in there pretty deep and some of them even had track marks from needle use.

They had been taken to Toronto to be put into protective custody and were being help and questioned and were going through the shakes and withdraw from the drugs from going cold turkey from their arrest.

Word came through that they were talking, they were talking and making deals because they were young offenders and they didn’t want their families to know what they’d been doing and who.

And they all said that they were forced into the trade by Adam the second.

Swore up and down that they thought that the credit cards were a gift from Adam three and that it was from when they were dating and that Adam the second turned the tables on them and forced them to work to pay off the huge debts they had amassed or he’d shame them and their families and then with their signatures on the forms for the cards they were responsible for paying him back.

On their back or on their knees.

That he threatened more than shame but their college futures, their parent’s homes…that his lawyers would just absolutely destroy them if they fought him.

He could hear it the voices of those on the phone when he talked to them…they were beyond pissed off at this guy.

Cameron Thorpe was one of those people an RCMP councillor brought in to access the girls.

“Bobby this guy’s a sociopath. I mean it the stories coming out of these girls and the abuse he did and the rapes too. He raped every single one of those girl bobby multiple times. And It’s there in their eyes booby he broke them. It’s like some of them are still doing that and they’re not really even here…like they’ll never be here, like they’re convinced that it’ll never be over.”

Bobby kicked the trash can near the desk he was using across the squad room and hunched at the desk and ran his fingers through the stubble of his army styled cut.

“I know, I was there when we took them out of there Cam…are you sure about his son though?”

“You still think the kid is dirty?”

“Yeah he had to know what was going on, he had a buddy working the front desk and I swear the little bastard was taunting me over the phone.”

“Bring him in for questioning, we have his father and I’m definitely sure Adam two was in this up to his meth pipe. But the son might still be dirty too or there might be more going on. I think I’ll interview him after you do and I’ll profile him and see what’s most likely the case with the kid.”

Fraser nodded. “That’ll help, I’d have the old bastard in too but there’s zero linking him to anything at all. But they’re all dirty Cam I can just smell it like shit in the wind.”

Cameron said. “He’s old money, from way back Bobby there’s no old money families that aren’t a banjo concert from being entitled nutjobs in my professional opinion.”

Fraser nodded. “I’ll see you soon Cam I’ll get junior held over for questioning.”

They hung up and he could still hear Adam the second complaining and swearing a saying that they would lose their jobs and that he was being framed and that it was false arrest and still babbling because he was literally still higher than hell.

The evidence was there, they had to fight for all of it that they got but still.

The recordings from Angel’s source didn’t paint the kid as some kind of victim.

And yeah sure the kid might be a dickhead and a bully from lashing out.

He called the CP and asked her to put together a warrant for Adam Marshall the third to be brought in for questioning.

All of it seemed off including McWhitter.

The asshole seemed almost happy the last time he seen him and these kinds of assholes never had the room to be this smug unless he thought that he was getting away with something.

He was waiting on the warrant and to have someone go and bring the kid in when word came from Toronto and the investigation with the girls.

One tried to kill herself tied to use her bra and the elastics to hang herself and she was in a coma.

And from a few of the other girls word came through that they were sure that there were girls that were doing the sex work there were missing.

Over a dozen at the closest estimate that they could get were not there…and hadn’t been for a while now.

It took all he could not to crash his career and go and shot the Sonofabitch.

Twelve girls gone just like girls he knew growing up on The Rez.

Twelve girls gone like his little sister.

He could only wait but ended up sitting with his elbows on the desk and childhood memories and pain dripping off his face to the desk blotter.

up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

*smack kudo*

Alecia Snowfall's picture

*smack kudo button trying to make it jam for more hits*

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Intuition is the mind's way

Intuition is the mind's way of saying "Hey dumbass you missed something"

Hmmmmmm....

waif's picture

Too many people know too much to keep this secret for Adam 3. There are just too many balls in the air and Carmen cannot be the only Adam Marshall victim to realize that as long as he lives the nightmare will never end.

I think he is going down...hard.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Wonder what happened to the

Wonder what happened to the blackmail videos if i remember corectly adam was in them

You definitely have a talent......

D. Eden's picture

For putting words together Hon - and yeah, this one brought back memories. Memories of a couple of the third world shit holes I served in, Africa, the Baltics, the Arabian Peninsula, the Olongapo, and even Thailand.

It seems like there's always some asshole like Adam who thinks that people are his, that he owns them like cattle, and isn't bothered by using them. Treating them worse than he would a dog.

Yeah, been there, seen it, shot a few too.

Thing is, they always seem surprised when it happens - surprised that they bleed just like everyone else. Surprised that someone had the gall to stand up yo them and say, "Meet Mr. Colt asshole - he's not impressed with you any more than I am. Oh, by the way, say hi to Satan when you see him. Tell him he'll have to wait a little longer for me."

I know exactly how Bobby feels. Trust me, when you finally get the chance, you take it.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus