Jem...Chapter 33

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 33

Chapter 33

*Mike…………………

I was a little embarrassed at Kim doing her bit with the sausage and I had to get the car going so I headed out to the garage.

It’s been hectic the last two or so days with the firebombing of my car. The girls showing up for this whole Sunday dinner thing that honestly I haven’t had it so long that it was almost a new experience. Heck I know that Dad loved it and Uncle Remy was right in his glory as a father.

That…that really is going to stick with me I think. Seeing him with the girls and with Brooklyn and Kim too but especially Brooklyn. She hasn’t remotely had a positive male role model in her life and just there in the garage and stuff and watching how she slowly changed bit by bit.

I’m not one of those fantasy romance guys but there were times that you could see that shy five year old scared as shit version of her looking at us like she was peeking around a corner almost like she was saying… “Is it safe…really…can I?”

And with Angel or rather Jason coming clean on who they really were.

I guess that part of me couldn’t help the oh…wow, seeing here blossom so much. Okay this is hokey as heck but you know those plants in the desert when they finally get rain?

Brooklyn blossomed like that.

Dad’s even taken with her and he’s the one that showed her stuff as things were going on in the garage about some of the things that her brothers would do to her to “keep her in line.” And then dad’d would show her RCMP defence counters and stuff and she’d get to use me as the dummy.

And there were those moments were she’d set me on my butt and I’d not do anything to hurt her back and there was that thing there coming alive in her.

And go her actually shooting those videos with the girls and how she can play but when she was singing “Don’t let me be misunderstood.” It was sort of her touching herself deep down and singing this whole Brooklyn gospel.

Sigh…

Yeah and even us spending some time this morning…just me showing her some stuff and her shyly asking…

Sigh…

I sort of feel like I hooked up with her over Angel too soon or that being Jase was part of all of that but this…just happened…kind of like Raven and Angel happening.

Yeah I’m so not going there with what I think happened with those two hooking up like they did. Angel passes like staggeringly well and she’s actually a whole lot better looking in a skinny artsy waif kind of way than a lot of girls that I’ve met.

Honestly though really…she’s way more a girl than I think she believes.

Even in the stuff I know with her mom.

She misses her not like a son. But she misses her way more like a daughter would, even taking on that legacy of taking care of her dad.

Yeah…

Anyway…

The car’s ready and I shower and grab my books and I head out early. It’s an old car that Uncle Remy had been holding under a tarp and while still needing some minor body work and some paint it but…it runs…and loud.

I time things and I pop in my CD into the player and crank to tunes and I pull into Adam’s spot all over again in the Z-28 and I look at him and smile as the stereo is blasting just at the right time the part of *Enter Sandman* by Metallica.

“Sleep with one eye open….!”
“Clutching your pillow tight!”

And well you know the rest of the song.

I honestly think he was going to pop something he turned that enraged at me cutting him off and I smile.

He glares pure hate back at me and he stares and stares and then he calms down really quickly and stuff. He smiles at me and even nods then pulls away and he takes another parking spot but this time at the very back of the parking lot and is soon followed by his minions of sheeple.

Huh…

I don’t like or trust that reaction it never bodes well. He’s got something up his sleeve.

I head into the school and get stuff for my half day of classes and I stick around for lunch and study hall even.

His jock thug goon friends and wanna be second stringers aren’t doing anything to me. Actually they’re not bugging that much of their usual prey either except verbally.

I use my laptop and the wireless here to download stuff from the cameras and stuff I had set up and leave once I really don’t have a real reason to stay.

Hmm….

They didn’t even touch my car.

I do have someplace that I want to be so I head off and I go for a drive until I can find Johnstone’s (It’s John-stone or that’s how the say in here I guess.) I sit with a camera and a large double-double and wait and watch. About four in the afternoon I see Huey and Dewy come out and I start taking pictures of the and following them as the first go to this bait-shop looking dive place and drink for a good hour and coming out for pisses and smokes and joints in the alley there and then to the beer store before they end up driving almost to the other side of town into this neighborhood that’s run down houses and a lot of trailers and mini-homes.

Actually their names are Randy and Danny McWhitter but they’re also known as Brooklyn’s asshole big brothers.

Yeah…

Yeah… I’m going there.

up
301 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh no...

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Oh Mike... please don't do something stupid even if its for a good reason. Adam's up to something and the girls will need you.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No...Mike's allergic to stupid.

He's going to be careful about dealing with the McWhitter goons and Adam...Adam has his spidey sense tingling.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Adam

Mike knows he's up to something. Brooke's brothers, I assume he starting with a warning, but I'm sure they deserve more.
More complications, oh well that's life.
Great chapter, thanks

Good that we're starting off from Mike's POV

... as it provides a bit of needed perspective on how other people see Angel/Jason for one who were never in the know.

I get that a lot of times at T support meetings I go to to, well, support. It reminds me how far I've come and the ease with which I flow now. Sure I have areas I could do better in but it does not affect the whole feminine composite if you know what I mean.

Anyway, clearly, to Mike, Jason is more of an abstraction, more of a historical shadow than a real person. To him, Angel is pretty complete as a girl. Also his POV shows that Angel put the brakes on this relationship at the right time as he is able to let go of it pretty readily. Being a rational, level-headed investigator helps a bit with that I suspect. For him to be surprised in such a manner must be pretty rare, again due to his investigation skills and surely he is worldly enough to have met T folks in his travels.

Good luck Mike on going after those slime but do be careful.

Kim

Kim, I really love your comments:)

Just reading it gives me this different POV's and sometimes several of them. You're right Mike was surprised because he's met T-folk before and Angel more than passes.

Mike'll be careful after all he does know what he's doing.
Kinda like a guy Veronica Mars.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

If I had

to make a guess, even Mike and his father weren't expecting Ad-dum to hire hit men to go after them. They're taking good precautions, but the game just got more dangerous. Additionally, Mike has a grudge about how Brooklyn was treated which could give the bad guys an opening. Things are definitely coming to a head.

hugs
Grover

Yep things are starting Grover.

But like I've said before with the firebombing still fresh the baddies are going to be careful.
*Big Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

The dark forces grow.

There are so many honourable characters on this side arranged against the low-life scum on that side... It's like watching a fascinating chess match, waiting for the main battle to begin after the opening gambits have been played. Some of the white pawns are bound to fall before the black king finds himself in check mate.
.
.

Jeans_for_Erica_2.jpg
The girl in me. She's always there,
and she's always down for a good board game.

Thanks Lora:)

That was certainly poetic honey, thanks for the great comment:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I LOVE THE WAY HE SEES BROOKLYN!

He knows she is fragile, and needs someone to really "BELIEVE" in. He also knows she is in a great, extended, and very non-traditional family. She asks, "Is it safe?" and she looks at him, his Dad, and their friends, and I think she sees that maybe it really is safe to trust him. God, I wish I could be that person for someone.

That's love.

Mike is such a "Bailey" guy. It's a shock that these guys gon't have wings and a halo!

Let's see what happens next!

Wren

I really do like writing for guys like Mike:)

There's more than enough negative male images out there of guys in stories and sometimes there are guys out there just Like Mike and his dad and Angel's dad. I know girls like Brooklyn and I know how life changing real guys can be in that brutalized self image that abused girls get so much.

Thanks so much Wren!
*Big Hugz!*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I really do like writing for guys like Mike:)

There's more than enough negative male images out there of guys in stories and sometimes there are guys out there just Like Mike and his dad and Angel's dad. I know girls like Brooklyn and I know how life changing real guys can be in that brutalized self image that abused girls get so much.

Thanks so much Wren!
*Big Hugz!*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Adum

Hmmmm, Grover did you just give him a legal name change? LOL.

Vivien

Ad-Dum

Nah someone beat me to it, However it fits. In a lot of ways he's completely ignorant of how people really act. He's acting like he's been brought up to be. From the small glimpses we've seen he might've suffered abuse to make sure he grew up that way.

That is no way excuses the harm and pain he's given others. No, he's made his bed, and now he's going to have to pay the price. All that can be done is hope this insanity isn't passed down to yet another generation.

hugs
Grover

I can't wait Bailey!

Bring it on!

You'all wanna play dirty then play with me!

And Hugs!

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Yeah Mike's keeping an eye out for Adam but

He's looking for intel and weak points in the brothers and her old man.
He'll do something but he'll do it smartly.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Awwww!

Mike and Brooklyn - how sweet :) So with Angel!Jase and Rayne together, Brooklyn and Mike together; that just leaves Kim alone in the love stakes. I suppose the pertinent question is whether she's perfectly happy and content being single, or whether she'd like to seek a relationship of some sort...

I imagine for the moment, Mike's just going to do surveillance on Brooklyn's brothers - he could also feasibly give them a warning about drinking and driving (I imagine they were ever-so-slightly over the limit on their trip back home)

Adam's definitely got something planned, but I doubt he or his followers would dare do anything significant within school hours or on school premises. After school though, all bets are off...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I'm not sure if everyone

I'm not sure if everyone needs to have a lover ^^ Kim not having a boy/girlfriend adds its own problems to the story. It really sucks if all your friends have partners and you don't, but that's life :(

Bailey, thank you for writing this captivating story,

*hugs*
Beyogi

That's definitely true.

Sometimes also it takes a lot of false starts and near misses and even a few disasters before that person shows up. And sometimes it doesn't happen.

You're very Welcome Beyogi.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

another great chapter

Love Mike's POV. Thanks for this one.

DogSig.png

Sounds like Mike's gonna

Sounds like Mike's gonna introduce Huey and Duey to the world of pain they've been showing their sister all these years I wonder which one will cry first, they sound like bully wasters.

Looking forward to seeing what Mike does next, will the brothers sing suprano? lol

Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Jem Spelling errors

(For Bailey Summers' eyes only) Great Story-line. Hope you turn it into a book. BUT you definitely need help in editing/ proofing it. IF you would be interested, I would like to volunteer to do this; not to mess with your plot or story, but with spelling and grammatical errors. You do not know how distracting this is to someone like me, to read a really good story, only to have it ruined (in my opinion) by such errors. Sincerely I wish you the greatest success. KHYentch1

Wow! Didn't see that coming.

Yeah, I am kind of speeding through this without leaving many comments: Not really enough at all, sorry. I have left kudos for every chapter I've read so far. If I hadn't so many demands on my time, I'd have finished already, or caught up already.

I love the way the romances are going, they're just the way I hoped. And, Bailey it really would be nice to see these newly trained and self aware girls help take down the bad-ass brothers.

Sorry this is so short, but I NEED to get back to the story,

Toddy Bear