Breathing...Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Breathing...Chapter 1

The bus ride from Moon Lake to Toronto was far too short and it was way too bittersweet for me. I’ve never felt this way before about friends in my entire life. I had friends home and i left them and home with like no problems but this.

Amy, Paige, Drew, Elly they made me bawl as we had to separate and head off to our different flights.

No One's really made me bawl before and Jess was in the same shape as me.

Then it got even worse for her as she had to go and take all of her make-up off and get changed and pack just so much of her away.

It was hard to watch too really.

It was like there was so much light just draining away out of her eyes and that was happening right in front of me.

Me I couldn’t really do the same as most of what I had was Robin’s stuff and Rob’s things were waiting in Halifax.

It was such a hard thing and she seemed so depressed after that.

I looked at her. “Let’s go look around we have some time before our flight, maybe do some shopping?”

Jess tried a brave smile. “Shopping here? You’re crazy with these prices.”

“C’mon it’s fun to just look.”

We stopped in at 7-11 and got smoothies and went and looked at stuff at Gucci and Bvlgari and choked at the prices as we kind of oooooh’d at the pretty things.

I’m getting things being pretty and while just..just so much another person’s life and reality I can get the allure.

Especially jewelry.

I mean having someone spending that kind of cash on you is commitment and as long as you remembered how hard they worked and likely scrimped and saved it’d feel pretty damned special to get something from someone like that.

I see things I want to do next summer.

I want to come back next summer.

There’s a lot of stuff here but we kill most of our time in MAC cosmetics and we both get a few things as we ask for some samples.

I kinda fibbed and not. “Uhm hi…? I really like the stuff that you have here it’s so nice. But...uhm I was wondering if we could get some spare samples? We live in Nova Scotia and we really never get close to seeing cool stuff like this home and it’s really not going to be like our folks will stop by the malls before we hit it back to the sticks.”

The counter girls was really cool and she had a whole bunch of things that the staff stopped taking samples of and we leave in good spirits adding that to our carry ons.

The clothes are so...expensive here with travelling and stuff just making it super high end.

Still next year an earlier flight because I want to look around.

Then it’s all over for Jess and me hanging out as it’s time for our flights and we’re on different planes hers stopping in Moncton and I’m Halifax bound.

I have just enough time to get a snowglobe for Gramps of Toronto and a CN tower one for Dad.

I’m going to share the make-up and things with the rest of the women in my family.

Yeah...I thought that.

I hope that sort of applies to Robin.

I’m scared of all of that.

And I’m freaked out a little that Robin is part of me so much.

Is that even normal?

Can I go back to being Rob?

I’m still questioning so much, maybe more than ever honestly.

I still am a total flight noob and loving it as much as I’m not ready to go home.

It takes so little time to get to Halifax.

And I do love how the city looks from up here and the harbor and citadel hill...it’s just kind of beautiful in that coming home way.

Then we’re landing and as I’m getting to baggage claim Aunt Chris and Terri’s there as well as Mom and Dad…

Oh shit...what do I do?

I wasn’t expecting our parents.

up
294 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"I wasn’t expecting our parents."

well, this could be the start of a conversation about Rob/Robin that needs to happen.

DogSig.png

No on expects

Sammi's picture

parents at passengers acquisition


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

One's breath is left hanging...

...It might be best for Robin as she doesn't have a lot of time to worry. She will soon find out her parent's reactions to Rob being Robin. Awaiting the next chapter.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Glad

Glad your picking up on this. "Just Can't Breathe" is one of my favorites.

"I wasn't expecting our parents..."

Apparently they were expecting you, the real you before you could hide again. =]

Love it!! Can't wait for more!

Sara

Glad to see

Glad to see you're picking this story up. As said before I can't Breathe was one of my favourites too.

Anne Margarete

Looks promising

Surprise!, thanks

Always the unexpected

Jamie Lee's picture

Plans will always be altered when the unexpected occurs. But when the unexpected is staring you in the face, what's left to do but get on with it and hope for the best. Either that or make like a tree and leaf.

Others have feelings too.

Poor Jess

Really feeling Jess having to put the mask back on. Made me feel like dying inside every time I had to do that.

*hugs*