My Super Secret Life...Scarlet-13.

Printer-friendly version

Scarlet-13.

Chapter 13

Three days later.

Sigh…

Yeah big sigh…

I’m just looking at Nikki as she’s biting her lip as she’s sweeping through the stacks looking for a book to add to the research she’s doing for one of her term papers and I’m there watching her and I’m here as the guy version of me but it really doesn’t mean that I’m appreciating Nikki like that.

Okay as Dale I can, on a physical level sure no problem even with her being VG as well not a deal breaker as far as dale’s concerned. But Nikki’s not into guys…and I’m not saying this as a commentary on stuff in my head but I’m lesbifantiszing about Nikki.

Darcy is in my head stretched out on this imaginary bed head held up by her hands and elbows watching Nikki through my eyes as she’s on her tippy toes reaching for a book and there’s just a few wisps of her hair coming free and she’s biting her lower lip a little and she’s in this big old t-shirt over a tank top and a long skirt that goes with is and ballet flats…

Sigh again…Nikki has no idea sometimes just how beautiful she is without even trying.

Sometimes it’s hard not telling her and coming clean but it’s still dangerous, still something I don’t want to risk with her.

But there are times like this I just wish I could be either the guy she likes or just have better reasons for being Darcy.

I need to get a bit of a Darcy life.

I power up my notebook and start to go online for the newspaper and start looking at casting information. I’m well Darcy is supposed to be here interested in acting and theatre but I haven’t moved on that yet.

I suppose I need to really, I need to go to some auditions at least. It’ll help me built my identity as Darcy.

Wow, and wow…there’s a huge section for auditions and shows and all the stuff that goes on in between all the onstage stuff.

And there’s a section that’s right up my alley.

No experience necessary.

I look at the different ads and even some of the plays and tag a few of them to look at later.

I look at Nikki again so into her studies and smile and I get up to help her carry over the armload of books to our table. “Here, let me.”

“Thanks Dale.”

“So why the hardcopy? You could just scan this onto your reader you know.”

“Yes but that would deprive me of actually reading the books.”

I grin at her. “Twenty seventh century and we still love out books.”

She lovingly runs her fingers over the spines of the books. “Some of us still do, I’m an addict myself…reading on a screen is great but compared to a book…the smells and the weight and the feel there’s nothing like it.”

“I’ll have to pass that along to Darcy.”

She blushes but says. “Okay…” with that smile.

We go through some of the human sexuality texts and I’m reading some books on the effects on prosthetics on the female psyche. It’s a good read, women are very connected to who they are and suffering a trauma that permanently changes that is actually petty complex.

Considering me as Darcy…and if I was permanently Darcy and lost a limb, or my breasts to cancer…It’s something really interesting me and in a way where I’m studying prosthetic engineering it’s seriously important now to consider?

It’s the twenty seventh century and you’d think we’d have all this technology that’d replace stuff like this. Well we do and we don’t. There’s cybernetics for sure but just for a regular vision based cyber eye is around fifty grand, and up and up depending on the makes or models. Some get lucky if you can call it that and get set up with some if you are police or military and hurt in the line of duty.

But affordable? Way too many corporations are into making money off this sector of medicine. And there are too many insurance companies that just say it’s not needed to live.

But there’s living and being alive right?

There’s bio-prosthetics basically cloned limbs and organs but we’ve never been able to crack the decay rate…that’s where we clone something that we need and for some reason there’s a rejection that in the best of matches we can’t keep from happening and in ten or twelve years the organ even if cloned from your own body will start degrading.

We haven’t broke that fault yet and it’s a big deal.

The Vishanti however have.

And their treatment is done on their property and held as a secret. And it’s hugely expensive but once it’s done it’d done and no amount of samples has ever given us insight to whatever they do.

Yeah I could go on a lot about this stuff. But me, I’m planning on working at a hospital a good one where it has charities to take off the burden of the cyber ware costs. But I want to work on prosthetics too…maybe something you can slide your amputated limb into that might be as good as something cybernetics but a lot, a lot cheaper.

I’m still really into this without being Scarlet. I’ve always wanted to do this and help people and trust me. If you grown up on a farm or a ranch even in these days you get familiar with people being hurt.

I yawn and look over at Nikki. “I’m done in, too much in the books for my brain right now I need to get out for a bit.”

“Mmm-hmm ‘kay Dale.” She waves bye with an absent minded finger wiggle really into her book on The Transsexual Revolution.

I’m not really familiar with the book but it’s about how there’s non-op but living as female people and likely very pertinent stuff for Nikki as the prosthetics stuff is for me. It makes me smile that she’s so into it and so cutely into it.

I am however filled up with all the stuff I’ve been reading and do need a break. You can feed your mind sure but information’s like food you got to let yourself digest it.

I stop and scan the book I had so I can PDF them later and I head home jogging to shake things loose and…

There’s nothing like being hot and sweaty as Dale and stepping into my shower becoming Darcy.

Sigh…really good relaxed sigh.

As much as I like just being myself and everything I’m finding that I like being Darcy, I like being a girl and not for any other reason than that. Not even fancy really as I go from showering to just puttering around the house in a comfy tee-shirt with sweat pants on and my hair tied up just cleaning up the house and doing my laundry and listening to some music.

Funny thing is there’s nothing sexual about this, no loving my breasts or the way my legs feel or anything it’s just, me…it’s me getting to be myself but this other side of me. And the Dale side of me? You know how I was mentally watching Nikki from my Darcy in Dale perspective well Dale me is just laying back has asleep on this mental sofa with that guy contentment of being on a house with a woman doing the housework and cooking thing. No, not like a sexist thing but that good way when you’re a guy is in the same room or house when his mom or grandmother or significant other is into doing the homemaking thing.

Yes I know I’m the same person but as good as the Darcy sigh thoughts are as Dale, Dale’s relaxed male thing actually kind of hits part of the girl in my with this shot of femizen.

And doing the housework as Darcy is a learning thing for me too. I wasn’t born this way or even mentally been a girl so I don’t have that grown up female touch to things but I am trying to feel out my own style.

One of those is while it’s still nice out I hang out the laundry. I know to some people that’s a lot more of a pain but Grams did it and I like the smell of fresh sheets on the bed.

And cooking is something I’m enjoying too. I’m a decent cook anyways with basic stuff but baking has a lot more appeal to me as Darcy. Dale can bake pre-made dough’s and can make a bit of pie crust.

But I’m thinking I’m going to…

I take out my phone and text.

[Hey.]

[Hi!]

[Dale said u were studying.]

[Writing a paper.]

[Oh so busy?]

[Yeah sorta.]

[Supper?]

[Was planning on the food hall.]

[I’m cooking.]

[Oh?]

[Pot roast and pirogues.]

[Never had either.]

[Really? You’ve never had pot roast?]

[Nope, if it’s not take out my family really never cooked it.]

[Really, you want to come over?]

[Yes!, I’m so tired of studying and researching stuff. Day was right to take off.]

[Day?]

[Nick-name.]

[Dale’s pretty short as it is.]

[Well yeah but he makes my day brighter.]

[Really?]

[He’s a real friend, he does want anything like my other friends do.]

[He’d date you if you were into guys.]

[I’d date him if I was into guys but aside from that we’re really good friends.]

[Cool.]

[Very cool, just because we’re just friends he hasn’t deleted my sex.]

[He wouldn’t, I wouldn’t why treat someone different just because they don’t want to date you?]

[Exactly that’s why Day fit to me, he’s like a bit of my own clean sunshine. No B.S.]

[You know he’s got secrets too right? He’s not perfect.]

[Darcy, no one’s ever going to be perfect. But Dale treats me like me, that’s enough.]

[Just…just okay.]

[You okay?]

[Yeah, just still trying to find my footing here.]

[You’ll get there, life’s a journey not a race.]

[I know, so can I feed you oh wise one?]

[What time?]

[Anytime we can just relax as I cook.]

[I could help.]

[Even better.]

[Can I bring anything?]

[You’re laundry, we have our own machines.]

[You sure?]

[Yeah.]

[See you soon! *Kisses*]

I smile and blush and yeah I hold the phone to my chest and smile and I dig out the pot roast I have and my pressure cooker. I seen a lot of my home meals done in theses things. I put a bit of oil in the pot and I roll the roast in a bit of salt and pepper and garlic and onion powder and brown it off.

Then I pull a trick from an ex girlfriend and I take the pot roast out and put a saucer in the bottom of the pressure cooker and this will keep the roast fro sticking to the bottom of the pot. The rest is a bit of coffee (that’s optional) some rough chopped onions I use two then some garlic and a shot of HP sauce some brown sugar about a teaspoon is all you need and a can of beer then fill the pot of the cooker with water about halfway.

I put some potatoes on to cook for the pirogues and I tend to by a baking potato type since they make fluffy mashed potatoes and fries and well baked potatoes of course. Now my dad always steamed his taters for mashing like this because they’re drier. Once I have them ready to be mashed I add some pepper and some salted butter that I put in it cut into small cubes one the potato has cooled.

I cheat and use store bought pasta sheets and a Cheepo plastic mold for them from a dollar store. (Cheepo’s an actual brand.) I roll the pasta in egg whites after they’re sealed and roll them in a bit of corn meal and flour and then deep fry them. They go all crispy and not quite battered but the pasta gets cooked from the oil and the steam from the potatoes and…I roll my eyes in yum as I bite into one and it’s crispy outside then fluffy potatoes and melty bits of butter.

Okay this is heavy mid-western food so I only make four each and freeze the rest and I make a salad to keep us from getting too ugh… with the heavy stuff. I toss together some quartered tomatoes and chunks of cucumber and just toss them in some salt a pinch of sugar, fresh dill and a bit of red vinegar not a lot of any of it just to sort of kiss the veggies.

I’m making this when the doorbell rings. I head to the door and Nikki’s there and she’s got these big linen drawstring bags and I see a cab pulling away.

“Oh shit Nikki I should’ve picked you up!”

“Hey, you’re kind enough to feed me and let me wash my stuff her it’s okay Darcy. Nice place by the way.”

“Dale bought it from a big bunch of stuff he was left in his grandmothers will.”

“And he bought a house?”

“It’s close to school, if he ever decides to move or something it’ll rent well.”

“Cool, actually sounds like Day.”

“Come on in.”

I take the two bags she has and she takes her one on the walkway and the steps and head right to the laundry room. She’s looking around. “Wow, this is really nice.”

I smile setting her stuff on the counter. “Well I did some housework so it’s cleaner than usual.”

“The trials of living with a guy huh.”

“Dale’s actually pretty neat, just catching up on the stuff you don’t get done when you’re busy is all.”

“Oh, supper smells good.”

“Good then. It should be ready, you want to eat?”

Her stomach growled almost on cue and she covers her face blushing. “Sorry…”

“Hey, student budget and your other expenses. And…..you studied through lunch right?”

“Yes…” Hand still over her face. I reach over and take it and lead her to the kitchen.

I tell Nikki where to find stuff to set the table and I take the pot roast out and make the gravy in the slow cooker pot with a bit of flour and lots of pepper and a stick blender using it to puree the garlic and onions all together and then flake the beef back into it.

We have it over the crispy pirogues like gravy over chicken fried steak. It’s a good supper but we sort of have a bit of awkward silence until we start talking about my acting. I admit I haven’t even gotten started yet and I’m still trying to work up the nerve for testing the waters of the big city.

The rest of the night is us doing her laundry and talking about the few theater shows she’s been to and music and just talking and there’s just something about just kicking back and folding clothes.

Yes, it’s different when you’re doing it with someone you’re into.

Plus I’m learning a lot of women’s laundry stuff. But it’s more than that, there’s a lot of picturing her in the clothes and god…I don’t know if she’s brought it here on purpose but she has some really sexy, really girly lingerie and there’s all this eye contact and she’s so pretty.

I’m really aroused and it’s kind of yay and scary.

I’m really thinking a lot of sex, of sex with Nikki and that’s as exciting as it is scary…do real born girls feel like their whole nervous system is humming when it gets like this? I hate it and love it at the same time.

Nikki’s nipples are hard too, I can even see it even through her sweater and bra now that I’m learning the signs. Just knowing that makes mine feel so aching and hard. It’s like getting a boner sort off…that sexual ache, it really similar, but two points and way, way more intense in the way it radiates through all those nerves.

But as much as we’re feeling it and we’re sharing glances and blushes and smiles and things we don’t go past that. We take out time but we do eventually finish the clothes and I get the car warmed up and then drive her home.

I carry her stuff up the stairs and to her apartment.

“Thanks Darcy, I really needed this tonight.”

“I had a really good time Nikki, I always do with you.”

“Thanks.” She gives me that smile and blushes.

“Nikki?”

“Yes?”

“I want to take you out on a date.”

“Me?”

“Yeah you.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I really, really like you. Heck more than anyone I’ve really met before and…”

Nikki steps forward and kisses me.

I mean really kisses me and it’s that pinning me to her door jam kiss with her soft lips on mine, the flavor of here peach lip gloss and the rush of her scent into my brain because I have to breathe through my nose and her hands just rest on my hips and my girlness tightens like I’ve never felt before and at the same time there’s this excited burst of adrenaline getting all mixed up with the feelings.

Feelings…

Sexually my body is just on…wired…

But the way she’s kissing me, the way she’s touching and holding me all the soft romantic sexuality is melting me too.

I feel…this…

“Yes.” Nikki says as she breaks the kiss, kisses? I think thee was more than one.

“Yes.”

“Yes, I’ll go out with you Darcy, I’m free all day Saturday and Sunday.”

“Saturday night?”

“Sure.”

“I’ve uhm got tickets, we can see a show or a movie?”

“A show, I don’t get to see them that much.”

“Okay…” I’m not able to stop smiling or blushing, I feel like I did yeas ago when I first started dating but totally different at the same time.

“Okay…” She smiles this even sweeter smile, that smile she has talking about me to Dale but this one’s for me.

I feel all happy, yay, smiley-melty.

“G’night Darcy.”

“Goodnight Nikki.”

I step back and she closes her door and I’m leaning on the wall in the hallway and can just feel her there leaning on the other side of her wall.

I take a deep full of life breath and head downstairs and drive my car home pretty quickly for me and I’m inside and locking up and make a beeline for the sky light and pop it open and shift heading as fast as I can into the night sky throwing in an upward corkscrew and grinning like an idiot.

“Whoo-hoo she said yes!”

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

“Whoo-hoo she said yes!”

giggle. Very nice moment. At some point, she's going to have to come clean about being Day though, or this relationship will blow up in a very bad way.

DogSig.png

Yes and Darcy's scared of that but still...Whoo-hoo!

She's really over the moon happy with the buzzy, tingly, happy energy that girls get when they're getting all OMG they like me back!
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Some of this-

Some of that is what makes a Bailey story. First it has to have food involved. :) Then perhaps a bit of sadness mixed with some wry humor. Of course it has to have that OMG I'm floating out the door on a cloud of happiness sweet thing.

When to tell Nikki about Dale/Dracy is a toughie because it's all mixed up in the Scarlet secret ID thing. You know the classic at what point should've Superman have told Lois the whole story. Scarlet's is even more complicated with the gender thing thrown in for good measure.

At least I fairly certain we're not going to find Nikki has been supervillain all along. :)
hugs
Grover

No...Nikki is just a normal sweet VG girl:)

But Sweet and Normal can be daunting enough when you live in Superheroine life. Yeah it was super heroine light this chapter but not all of super life is action. They have to eat, love, and do laundry too.

Unless you're Ryan Chase or Tony Stark.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

YAY!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

On balance, Darcy and Nikki are probably my favourite (potential) lesbian couple out all your stories. I love Raven - Jem but there is just something about the shyness of both Darcy and Nikki that I find soooooooooo sweet. It makes me want to go 'awwwwwwwwwwwww'. :-)

Another good chapter in a great story Bailey!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

There is a definite Awww factor here.

Darcy is finding herself bit by bit and then there's her being so new to her life and even as Dale they hadn't been really all that experienced dating and Nikki to her is so sweet.
Now Nikki, she see's Darcy as this really different open person that doesn't treat her anything other than who she is.

And to get invited over for a home cooked meal, and just talking and laundry, not even counting it being free but just that human normal stuff that people assume she doesn't live by becuse she's VG.

That was a great date.

*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

less action

but i like that your stories are rounded out with action and people stuff.
great job, thanks

Thanks Lonewolf

Personally I've always been a fan of the comics that show the hero/heroines life as well as the Super aspects of it.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

secret id's

are a secret for a reason, that is why it was over forty years before superman came clean with lois and then married her. a secret is only a secret when you don't share it.

Hugs

I know she doesn't like lying but not wanting Nikki hurt either dose not work. Truth has a way of letting its self known, can you say elephant in the room
Love and hugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

Was out of town for a week

So I really am late in commenting; but I must say, I looooove first kisses! AND-
Any story that starts out with 2 *sighs* and then has more as we go along - is a winner to me! And they can be 'big sigh's. Just don't say 'big FAT sigh'.
-Blushing **Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Thank You Sigh...:)

I really actually like these little real life parts of the super life genre. And Darcy is quite a great character. Am I weird but was the supper and laundry stuff just...right?
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers