My Super Secret Life...Scarlet-15.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-15.

Chapter 15

I take a few sips of my water and I check myself out in the mirror and try to ignore the looks for the other girls there. Honestly I’m sort of glad for the Scarlet super-heroine thing, I’m actually very comfortable in the leotard I’m wearing even though I’m still getting uses to the skirt they have us wearing with it and the legwarmers.

“Next!” The stage manager yells. “Thirty seven!”

Oops that’s me.

I go out on the stage and it’s bright they’re shining the house lights down on us and I can’t see the people in charge. I hear another voice. “Okay start!”

“Uhm…high I’m doing…” I get cut off by some woman out in the seats.

“We’ll figure it out, just start!”

I take a breath. Focus and I project like I was taught with grams and that other Scarlet Nina Crawford….yes her. Project, don’t force it but sing to the lobby… make people want to hear you out in the street and want to come in to see you perform.

“Don't look at me…Mm, mm…”
“Yeah, yeah, oh, ooh……”

“Everyday is so wonderful… and suddenly… it's hard to breathe”
“Now and then I get insecure… from all the pain…Feel so ashamed…”

(I inhale through my nose as I’m drifting that last note and I belt out the next and I’m flying in the air in my head soaring up with my voice….)

“I am beautiful! No matter what they say!”
“Words can't bring me down….”
“I am beautiful! In every single way!”
“Yes words can't bring me down… Oh no…!”
“So don't you bring me down today……”

……………………I love this song it’s wonderful and pure and poetic and it’s been the anthem for so many good things that I believe in. I’ve seen so many good videos and covers and as I sang this I tried to fly with the notes in my heart but behind those words.

The kids.

Those kids that need help and are on the streets and those kids that I have seen and worked with that need special care and education and attention and all those kids that need what I’m trying to learn how to help that need limbs replaced and they just need to have someone look at them and tell them…They are beautiful.

I look out at the lights out there and my heart is hammering in my chest god that was fun and it was scary but compared to a firefight this was that good kind of scary.

Silence…

Silence…

“Come down here and take a seat miss we’ll talk to you shortly.”

Blink, blink…

I thought even with good news it’s be like a call back.

“Next! Thirty eight!”

Eeep! Shit he’s loud and I was sort of just lost there in the moment and I run off the stage to the seats where another person wearing headphones shows me were to sit and there’s a few guys there and a few girls too and I’m getting looks.

I sit and one of the girls extends her hand she’s this really exotic mix of Hindi and African lines. “I’m Kavita.”

“Darcy…” I’m still sort of breathless.

“You were amazing.”

“I was?”

“Hell yes you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t.”

“Really it’s mu first audition.”

“You’re shitting me.”

“Nope.”

And I’m getting stares from the others even more now and one girl/woman looks like she wants me to choke and die on my water.

“Uhm problem guys?”

Kavita laughs. “They hate you is all don’t take it personally.”

“Huh…how can I not take it personally?”

“Oh well see you’re young, fresh and obviously talented and you just show up all green and you’re that good. It’s the theater Darcy dear we hate you with all of our hearts until we’re all safely cast in a role. Until then you’re a threat.”

“Oh okay…”

She nods to this really cute looking guy there in jeans and not dancers wear and he smiles at me….blonde hair, steely blue eyes and he’s all sorts of guy pretty. “Well all except Casey there he doesn’t hate you he just wants to fuck you.”

He smiles not in a creepy way either but like he get’s this all the time way and he’s good with them busting his chops about it and he does blush but it’s just a hint of it.

“Oh…uhm…I’m seeing someone.”

Kavita snorts. “Oh that hasn’t matter to sooo many girls Darcy wait till you see him move.”

Now he’s blushing.

I grin okay aside from the whole way that some of them seem it’s kind of fun so far and I look at her. “So you don’t hate me then?”

“Darcy love when has chocolate ever been threatened by white chocolate.”

“Not vanilla?”

“Well you are a strawberry…and chocolate goes so well with strawberries…”

Oh my, she just about purrs that…gulp.

And I will say she is smoking hot in that long legged long bodied graceful dancer thing but with still great curves from really good genes…

She laughs and slips her arm in mine.

“I’m just teasing love.” Instant U.K. & C. accent from out of nowhere.

Oh that’s United Kingdom and Colonies.

I smile and sight a bit relieved. “Good because you’re all really good looking and really tempting but I sooo like my girlfriend.”

There’s some grins and some nods and the one that want’s me to choke on my water gives me this even nastier look and she moves a seat over. Oh well, I honestly don’t care if she has a problem with me being with Nikki, Nikki’s worth it.

God it’s a long afternoon. There are hundreds of people her auditioning.

Okay I won’t say that I just walked in and did this off from the first this is my seventh place today and most of those turned me down because of my looks or just wasn’t what they were looking for or just something.

I was turned down flat out by three of them for not having anything on my resume…portfolio…whatever. They wouldn’t even let me audition.

But getting to this point…wow it’s so worth it.

I’m almost bored when it becomes all about the kids and the midgets…dwarves…little people….what’s the right term?

Why all the kids and dwarves?

Labyrinth….like that ancient movie…as a musical but with parts adapted from the TV series too I guess.

I don’t even get to really talk to the heads of stuff yet and at the end of all the auditions we’re put through choreography.

Dancing is just as cool as flying once you’re past the jitters of starting up. I will say this do any kind of stint as a super-heroine and this kind of stuff really does pale in the whole level of fear that’s normally part of this.

And I have a job…this is cover for me.

I am taking this seriously and I am respecting the space and the people it’s just…I have options and stuff and I can afford to just actually love this and enjoy myself.

You know when you’re having this much fun you laugh and get along with people more and cheer on those that you start to like.

Like Kavita and Casey…god he’s good and he’s amazing actually and he’s the male lead too, he’s The Goblin King.

‘Vita’s right about seeing him dance….i have never been as amazed at a guy before outside the super-hero thing or turned on.

No not a threat to Nikki and me but I can see as a guy…through my experiences as Dale that Casey only goes to bed alone if he wants to. That being said he’s a super nice guy actually and he looks you over a time or two like any other guy but he does a really good job of talking to your face and he’s nice and helpful and funny.

And it’s a coup I guess him trying out here. I mean where else does the male lead in a show toss other’s waters and share his towel with you if you need it or show you a better way to pull of the move they just went through.

Six hours and we’re out of there and we’re given our line’s…all the lines and the downloads for the movie and the notes for the movie and for the TV show too.

I’m in the part of Flayme from the show a fire sprite that helps people light their way out of a very dark place and I even have a song to learn as I lead them from the dark place to the faerie woods.

The faerie woods lead to the bogs and the bogs surround the junk and the labyrinth.

We’re heading out in our gear and ‘Vita’s looking at me and some of the others. “We’re heading over to Cosette’s you want to join us?”

“What’s that?”

“It’s and old local club.”

“I was going to call Nikki and celebrate.”

“Tell her to come along.”

………………I’m biting my lip…. “Okay.”

I dial her up.

“Hey you…” She has this sweet almost melody to her saying that…you know that sound when a girl is happy to see you or hear from you.

“I got hired!”

“Hired!? For what?”

“I’m playing in a musical.”

“You are! What one!”

“Labyrinth.”

“I don’t know it…sorry Darcy…”

“No…no it’s cool we’re not going to be a mainline thing or anything and it’s like off some relic of a movie and TV show from like the twenty third but….i have a part…a signing part!”

I can’t help it I’m girling out and I’m right in the Yeeeeeeee….zone.

“We’re going to this actor’s kind of club to celebrate…you…you want to come over…?”

“It sounds like an industry this Darcy…would I even be welcome?”

“They said it was cool….I’m in a leotard and a soft fluffy gauzy fairy skirt.”

“What’s the address I’ll be right over.”

I laugh, well happy excitedly giggle. “Take a cab I’ll pay it’s called Cosette’s”

“Oh like the girl from Les Mis.”

“Okay…?”

“Darcy! How can you not have heard of that?”

“Uhm country girl here y;know I could sing you Oklahoma.”

“No! give me and hour then?”

“Okay I’ll meet you outside in and hour then!”

“Darcy?”

“Yes?”

“Still not our first date okay?’

“Okay, this is something different but I…I still want to share it with you.”

(Sniffle.) “Really!?”

“Yes really don’t do that you’ll make ne cry too!”

(Sniffle.) “’Kay…see you soon…”

“Okay.”

I hang up and blush. ‘Vita’s looking at me. “You too are so sweet.”

She hugs me and we stay one armed hugged while we walk down the streets and take another side street until we come to what I thought was another small, really small theatre and we have to knock to get in.

Oh my gosh there’s so much going on and so much theatre stuff on the walls and awards and these huge antique mirrors for all of us to preen in and stuff and bar maids and stuff in like renaissance costumes and dresses.

There’s yells and cheers…I hear some people actually yell ‘Vita!

And there’s this really drunk but cute guy that comes over staggering or dancing but not spilling his drinks.

“Welcome, be welcome to Cosette’s have a drink; unwind be someone else but yourself.”

Oh he’s the first guy that I’m ever met with a French accent.

We both take a drink and it taste funny like sort of like fennel or liquorice and lime?

“Thank you monsieur. You are most kind.” I do a little bow and he smiles from ear to ear and he bows back.

He says some thing in french and like in some crazy musical the lights drop and there’s a spot light on him and he starts to sing to us but the whole room too?

*Be our guest.* A song I don’t know either until ‘Vita says it’s from Disney’s version of Beauty and the Beast and he’s singing and there’s some others chiming in with other parks and then there’s the chorus with like twenty just random crazy and buzzed people jumping into it and it’s all just crazy and fun and amazing and ……

Wow…Tomas…Tomas is as guy dangerous as Casey is.

He’s the guy that came up to us…

I feel my “watch” buzz me with the feeling of Nikki and I grab my purse and I head outside and a few follow me out with glasses in hand and are having a smoke and I see the cab pull up and it’s Kavita who starts it and they yell “Nikki!” as she gets out of the cab making her jump and squeak and she turns really red.

I go over and pay the cabby and slip my arms around her waist and she does the same to me…oh…in what I’m wearing it feels really slinky and touch me yes please when she does that.

“Sorry, they’re…they’re a little crazy.”

She smiles at me. “It’s okay, I’d never been brave enough to come here and do something like this if it wasn’t you Darcy.”

I blush and we sort of nuzzles and smile at each other and the ones outside are singing A cappella…

Sha la la la la la
Don't be scared
You've got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la
Don't stop now
Don't try to hide it how, you wanna
Kiss the girl (woah-woah!)

Sha la la la la la
Float along, and listen to the song
The song say, kiss the girl

Sha la la la la
The music play
Do what the music says
You gotta, kiss the girl

Okay she’s singing in this whole Jamaican accent and I don’t know it but Nikki’s blushing again and then she’s smiling so big and I’m about to….

Then she kisses me….

Ohmygod….yay….

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Singing Heroine

isn't anything like the old Singing Cowboys I hope! :) I know this is just part of her cover, but I hope she realizes just how much time any type of production just eats up.
Ohmygod... yay... Just says it all.
hugs
Grover

PS: Please, please no Singing Sandy! LOL!!!

Yes, but the stage it calls.

Honestly she didn't figure on big parts or a lot of them just going out there to keep up her cover as Darcy. The problem is she actually tried as hard as she could.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Disney's staying power

people talk about beauty and the beast, it was an ok movie but the little mermaid was just sooo good.
looks like she found another group of really good people to know.
great chapter, thanks

It's gone through about 100 incarnations but Disney still is...

here in this universe and are actually American cultural icons that attract tourists to Earth just to go to Florida or California. As movies go honestly I love most of them.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

"You gotta, kiss the girl"

giggles. Nice chapter.

Good to see her non-super side getting some good stuff....

DogSig.png

It's a great song:)

I have always thought that it'd make something good for a scene other than it's intended use. And Darcy getting a life is part of the bigger story.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Her first experience with cattiness of artistes?

I remember when I experienced that with other women and it is no doubt the ugly side of women society.

Claws ..... down kitty, down kitty ... Hisss

Kim

yay!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Adored the Little Mermaid song ending with the kiss. *sigh* Wonderful!

As for the return of my favourite superheroine, it turns out the cover story of being a theatre major is a little less cover and a bit more real now! I don't envy Dale / Darcy trying to juggle two lives and a secret identity.

Great chapter Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yes Yays! Singing and dancing Scarlet Angels!

I so have these odd little images in my head of Darcy singing her heart out on stage like Mary Jane from Spider-man only she's the heroine and then there's Scarlet...I can so see Darcy singing some musical theme now while flying.

I really had fun writing this one and coming up with the Ark City Theater scene and feel.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"Ohmygod….yay…."

Aw, Yay!.

Thanks Bailey.

Anne Margarete