My Super Secret Life...Scarlet-2.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-2

Chapter 2

It was a pretty good night after I finished my classes and my talk with Nikki. I don’t like lying to people but there in that whole secret identity this and I’m just hoping if it ever does come out she’s cool with the whole super thing.

Honestly I sort have that feeling.

No not the love feeling but y’know that feeling you get when you start to get to know somebody and there’s that friendship click that you get that says somewhere that you just honestly like this person.

Well I think that I honestly like Nikki.

I head home and lock up behind me because one I like my privacy and two its Ark City and it’s just smart really. I put my books away and head to get a shower shifting as I do so.

Getting a shower a hot shower feels so much better this way and not in the whole erotic way either but lets give my variable shower head a nice round of applause everyone. (Happy buzzy grin.)

The rest of the night is more experimentation. Playing with my powers and flying, making my body shield and trying to do little zaps to get control of my blasting powers. I’m stealing a fantasy classic and I’m trying to use a little micro-pulse to light a candle safely.

But it’s not just that but tasting things, trying out textures and studying. Oh yeah there’s a serious part of my geek brain that wants to know if I’m really learning things in a different way as a woman as to when I’m a man. And it’s nothing I can tangibly put my finger on but yeah it does feel different.

But switching back and forth when I’m doing some of my stuff for my physics and math for my engineering pre courses isn’t harder it’s easier because I go over things twice and I just come at them from different methodologies. It’s like I can see the problem from the guys point of view, it’s kind of a linear way of looking at things and as a woman I find myself looking at things in a more round about way.

It’s like as a guy I use the straight ahead solution that I know that’s best but as a woman I look at the variables first and let them tell me as the best way that the problem might like to be solved.

Maybe that’s why girls have problems with math sometime that they get tripped up with the linear stuff? I mean maybe not it’s not tripping me up but it’s like my mind is more prone not to go there.

God it’s really interesting. I think as women we’re prone to multitasking as a way that we interact with the word. I mean all of that stuff does seem very hardwired to the female brain as a caveman way of keeping track of children food, pets and the hundreds of other things that women have done forever.

It’s likely all the social need that we have as girls is hardwired to be literally training for our developing brains to get the habits and skills we’ll need when we’re older.

Oh I really need to sit down with a women’s studies Prof or grad student as Darcy and hash some of this stuff out.

That’s an idea that…Getting out as Darcy.

I go through my clothes and slip into my panties still getting the shivers at the feel of them going over my legs and thighs and settling so perfectly into my vee. Okay…I know it’s just underwear but not to me, not yet and honestly I hope never…I love this sexy slinky naughty even if I’m being normal feeling from them. The same thing with my bra, I foresee me having a well stuffed lingerie drawer…hell, maybe even a dresser just for my delicates.

I want the attention this trip. Thin white t-shirt, and low cut jeans with a pair of ballet-sneakers. Why do I want the attention? I want to see if I can attract some attention, to see where I might be sexually.

I’m not looking to pick someone up or get picked up or anything but I’ve been wondering about my sexuality as Darcy. I haven’t thought about being with anyone really either way yet but as I’m thinking about it now, I don’t feel any revulsion towards either sex.

I need some general stuff anyhow like milk and that so I’m going to the mall closest to the house and campus to do a little shopping and jut to see what’s what.

………………………………... I go general shopping first, just window shopping and getting a few girl/woman geared magazines and trying some of those free make up offers from the cosmetic girls sitting and getting touched up by a professional and really asking questions on how she’s doing this or that and the differences in stuff. Like why Maxx factor lipsticks are the best for sexy night-time reds or when Covergirl’s the best. You know if you seriously give these girls the respect the deserve for knowing so much about so many products. These aren’t really vapid dumb girls, some might be really girly and stuff but personality doesn’t mark you’re IQ.

I bought a bit of stuff from like three of those girls and the girl at Swift’s ladies department store…flirted a bit I think and there was a lot of closeness…and I got her to pierce my ears. I got to see a bit of her cleavage and she was talking softly and low as she put three studs in each ear. There was this kind of dancing around the edge of things with Amy that has me unsure and thinking of her as I feel the weights added to my ears.

It’s this sort of yummy, edgy feeling. My nipples are definitely hard and I’m getting more looks from mostly guys but I kind of like that too. I’m not sure if I’m honestly attracted to Amy or the idea of it.

I get a coffee and it’s only a small as I’m trying things I don’t like as Dale over again and some I like some I still don’t. I’m definitely a latte girl with skim and no sugar done right it’s just perfect with most coffee shop place food. I like bagels a lot more especially toasted…crunch, crunch is definitely a girl thing.

I people watch. While reading one of my magazines. It’s a nice downtime just to be able to do that. I watch guys and girls and let my mind wander about some of them. I am attracted to guys…well sorta. I seem to like these guys with the medium builds but in good shape around six feet under or over that’s fine but in that range. I like that runner/swimmer/cyclist kind of build on them or again there abouts. I like short hair on them for the most part and there has to be something real about him that doesn’t seem fake. I’m a lot more critical about them then the girls. There’s this trendy hipster geek thing that’s sort of popular…I can’t stand half of them. It’s a trend…there’s so many fake pseudolectuals that I want to puke. But that’s true of some of these geekette chique girls too.

But…I did feel a few warm fuzzy fantasy kind of thing with some of them and the same with the girls. I think guys that I actually did find interesting at least from a distance was around like fifteen percent while about thirty percent for the women. I’m not sure if that’s Dale influencing me or if I’m not yet as women familiar with women as Darcy or if I’m just Bi with leanings towards women.

I do feel pretty good though about having an idea of where I stand and what I like though. It’s kind of a relief knowing.

Am I freaked out about finding guys attractive?

No, not a bit. Not even as Dale knowing I find guys attractive or some of them as Darcy. I knew this could happen when I chose this.

But I feel good about being attractive. I try to be friendly with anyone at least with personal contact or impersonal contact. Yeah…it’s just saying thank you when someone opens a door or moves to give me room or is just friendly for a passing second. Like this big guy…he’s big, overweight but he’s aware of it, and his size and he stops and lets me get through the spot in the crowd without trying to push through or turn sideways. It’s almost the same as holding a door for me. And there’s other people who are don’t look at the fat guy…especially some of the other girls…I don’t. I’m pretty sure he’s not going to come onto me or that being nice isn’t going to cause me any harm so I smile and say thank you and the smile in his eyes at getting treated like a human being was worth it.

Why can’t other people just treat people like people?

It’s the same for the Anthrosapiens. Mankind messed around with genetics in the past and created humanoid animals for war, labor and stuff a few hundreds of years ago. Since then they’re bred and stuff and are a sort of race all their own or per species. They have no rights in most colonies or governments out there and are still used and bred in places like the SSB (Soviet Socialist Block.) or Red Star Republic…an off shoot of Earth’s former communist asian countries and lots of other places. Here on New Haven they can be full citizens under the law thanks to our Alien brothers that trade with us. Two of the big three are animal evolved sort of. The Avari are bird based with the only remaining traits are this awesome micro feather hair and really sharp nails and being tall and thin. There’s some of them here in the mall too and the P’hari that are like these almost delicate goldfish kind of aquatic beings they look close to human in shape but I’ve never met one…they live in bubble station cities in two or three places here on New Haven and as much as I want to go see them I’ve never had the chance. And the third of course are the Vishanti.

But the average person isn’t that warm to the Anthro’s sometimes even though more are here in Ark City than anywhere else. The A.C.P.D. have a lot of canids on their payroll. But a lot of people are asses to the furries.

It doesn’t help that there’s a lot of them in the mutant underground running from their old governments and are illegal’s here and make up a good chunk of criminals and stuff literally underground…there’s a place called Freaktown somewhere deep under the city that has at least a fifty percent anthro population.

Other’s are really open about it. The Ferals are a feline based street gang that’s pretty famous and so is the Pryde…the Pryde are on TV sometimes being a pretty violent “Biker club.” but then so are The Dogs of War.

But yeah the five foot nothing Persian cream looking girl serving me up my sliced of smoked Vaxx…oh that’s a tuna sized P’hari salmon just got snubbed by a few people that don’t want “fur” in their food. She’s nice and she’s friendly and she’s wearing long plastic gloves so I don’t see the problem.

Actually she’s kind of cute. Like sexy cute. I love the voice of hers, cute like a teen girls should but she punctuates between meowish sounds and purrs like we do with our own language accents.

I gave her a five dollar tip and loved the car bouncy look she had.

I hope that made up for the way some people are acting like douche bags to her. It’s a shame really. We gave them equal rights because they’re our equals right? It’s the whole ethnic thing all over again really. Anthro…the new negro/a-rab…yeah just as wrong too.

I just…

I think stuff like this hurts me more to see as Darcy. I hate it as Dale but there’s this little kind of ache when I think about this stuff like this.

It’s something that’s making me want to take a stand as a hero even more. It’s more than just battling super villains. It’s so much more.

God I came here looking to get an idea of where I’m at sexually but I’m getting worked up to change things and stand up for things while I’m getting my groceries. I swear I can feel the things the other Scarlet Angels stood up for swirling inside of me reacting to my own feelings and I feel…strong? Reassured, like there’s some intangible atta-girl touching me and if it is…Grandma’s there saying it too in a way.

I head home and put stuff away once I’m there in my sections of the fridge. Celery, carrots, bagels my stuff for the smoked salmon like capers and cream cheese and my crunchy stuff. I got chips but a bunch of rice cakes and rice crisps and stuff.

I make supper a baked potato and a bit of regular cuts of vaxx rolled in olive oil and lemon and popped into the toaster oven I munch on a purple carrot while I’m cooking and think about how charged I felt and how good it felt.

And My Family…

I think I left the wrong impression about them and Grandma choosing me over them. My Mom’s a nice person really but she’s a bit of a flake, she’s a bit scatterbrained and honestly a little selfish. Not like bad bitchy selfish but at the same time Mom and my other family would most likely be more into the fame than actually doing the job. They look at Victory the leading N.H. super heroine and see her dressed to the nines in designer super gowns on these big TV events.

Victory is long lived, a literal legend here and New Haven didn’t always have the rights for anthros and meta’s that we had before her. In the bad days when there was a strong political repressive conservative streak running through things she marched with the protestors, sat in with them in sit in’s and kept a lot of things from going from passive resistance to violence. I learned about things she did in high school history…

I watched her letting riot troops beat on her with shields and billy clubs back then without turning her powers on them, even though she’d saved New Haven a few times…There’s a quote that turned a lot of people from this cop from then.

“This is wrong…it’s like beating Captain America for standing with Dr. King…it’s just wrong.”

That’s a woman role model as a hero. She’s our Superman…no one would fault Superman if he was given an invite to humanitarian awards and stuff.

Mom…I love her but she’d be more about the dress and the gift bag and the whole fame thing. She’d be another Ultraman…My sisters too, My brother…he’s too much just a guy to think he’d be okay with being a woman.

Molly my cousin would be the worst. She’d be a full page Scarlet Angel penthouse spread…

I don’t want to toot my own horn but I’m a good choice objectively. Now there are a few others but they have husbands and wives and kids and families and while I might too that’s not ideal for the heroing life. I mean grandma retired when she got really into family…

I look at the bracelet. “If it happens…would you give me a sign of it’s time to stop?”

I’m not actually asking it but, I’m just sort of asking it and myself.

………………………………................................I’m watching TV a few hours later when I see a news report on a serious battle going on down in the cities central core. The Supervillain crew “The Ultimatum.” had attacked one of the federal buildings and the building and it’s entire block it’s on was on fire and the city’s finest are swamped and trying not to get injured in the crossfire between the bad guys and the ArkAngels.

“The Ultimatum.” are serious bad guys. They do big jobs and are a collection of mercenaries with powers that were brought together by this guy called Paragon….think of an evil superman type…that doesn’t care about laws, governments or normal people. He’s a meta-elitist…and a serious sociopath.

And my hand’s over my mouth as he piledrives a full sized fire engine on Samson…the AA’s meta-anthro-lion and brick.

I might not be able to do any kind of fighting but the cops and fire and rescue guys will need help, lots of help….

I’m up and running to the loft and changing into my energized form and leave by the skylight.

I’ve never flown outside of the house before but I go as fast as I can up to avoid being seen even though it’s late and…there was a pop over my body shield as…

“Holy crow…I broke the sound barrier…”

I’m about three Km up and about three hundred and fifty from the battle but I can see the light from the fires even from here. Mega-Scrapers are hundreds of stories high and that’s what’s burning.

I head into the central core as fast as I think is safe and it’s a serious fight plus the bad guys have a fire support team. I see seven guys in metal all over them firing with laser assault weapons. At the police seriously keeping them at bay. There’s cops down…the AA’s are too busy with the serious bad guys.

Lasers as a combat weapon are nasty. The thing is their hit like an armor piercing weapon burn right through. And while the police have really good armor against non-energy weapons lasers go right through, even riot shield and cars aren’t a lot of help. The beam’s about the same size as a 5.56mm or 7.62mm round and does even worse damage from heat bloom…you know how a wound gets tore up from a bullet…a laser wound keeps cooking.

There’s seven of these guys with pulse lasers think three to five laser bursts for ever squeeze of the trigger.

There’s cops down…dead or dying all of them likely maimed.

Oh I wasn’t going to fight…

I go wide and see some rescue guys and stop and hover. One pulls a gun. “Whoa!, I’m one of the good guys!”

“Okay…” He looks skeptical.

“Look…can you guy catch someone with the blanket things?”

“Yeah why?”

“Those cops over there…I’m going to try to grab two in a flyby and I need a soft place to drop them.”

“You get them and we’ll catch em.”

“Thanks.”

I lift off and take a wide turn and then come in low and over the seven. I blind fire down as I pass them and grab two of the cops and fly them to the EMT’s who have some extra guys helping to catch them. There’s that feeling when I see them safe or as safe as it’s going to get.

I go up really fast in a loop losing myself in the smoke and I bank as I do to come in at another angle and I put both hands ahead and cut loses with as many scarlet energy pulses as I can at the guys in the armor before flying over them. They’re firing back and thank god for 3-d video games because somehow I dodged the incoming laser fire and…

I get myself in line with the last three downed cops and I drop and concentrate on my body shield and roll like a log at their legs. Hey it’s not fancy but it bowls them over. I roll up faster than them because I’m not wearing battle armor and I fire full strength at every gun I can. I don’t have to destroy the guns just break them.

The cops that were taking cover are quick to get to their people and trying to take these armored guys down by force. They look like they have it covered. I fly over to one of the command points and land.

“I’m here to help…just tell me where you need me.”

There’s an older guy there a FD chief and he looks at me. “You’re the Scarlet Angel?”

“Her Grand-daughter.”

“She was a hell of a woman.” He offers his hand and I shake it. “Okay guys get her a rescue vest and a comlink!” He looks at me and takes off his shirt badge and pins it to the EMT vest just after I put it on. “Consider yourself deputized.”

“Alright…tell me what to do.” That feeling wells up again inside… “I’m ready.”

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And that, my friends, is a real hero!

Totally cool! I was bowled over, not by her incredible abilities, but by her humanity. She recognized the need for a...um...this is a poor word choice, but a "second string" hero. Not to fight the main battle, but to save the real heroes, the ones standing there in the line of fire without any powers. She is the "overlooked" hero, the kind that the press ignores because she's not spectacular enough.
Great character, Bailey, very well "fleshed out" and believable. I really like both Scarlet and Villain-they seem more...human, I guess. They do take full advantage of your writing style, which tends to be heavy on the emotional details, something I don't do as well. I also don't generally pay enough attention to the environment around my characters when I write. Hey, at least I know it, "and knowing is half the battle" as the old NBC public service ads used to say. I'm learning, okay?

Hugz!

Wren

Wren said it!

I think I'm seeing where you're investigating different kinds of Heroics. In any case I really love what you're doing with Scarlet. Not only with selfless giving and putting herself on the line, but with how she's coping with being female. Maybe it's because she had a choice about the feminine thing and is curious about the experience even if not TG. That's a very kool thing that I really enjoyed. No forcing just curious.

As for Wren's attention to detail, I use advice my freshmen english teacher gave me. "What are you feeling, tasting, or smelling. Often only visual things are written about but it is the other senses that tend to give emotional impact.

Hugs
Grover

Very good advice Grover.

And thanks for the great compliment. I like Scarlet because of that choice, I mean evidence right there all of it laid of in front of you and you have 2 choices be the caretaker of it all or pick up the mantel yourself.
And you don't have to be TG to be curious enough in my opinion. Dale/Dayna's trying to go about this with a clear head and heart.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hugz Back Wren:)

I'm really glad that you like the character. Dale/Darcy...scarlet Angel isn't a stupid cookie by any means and that her JOB as a hero is more that guts and glory. just how many people will the people she helped go on to help in the long run.
She's not trained, she's well aware of her limits and I do try and think of who a character is as a person before all the other stuff.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Good First Impression

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I think Scarlet just made an awful lot of friends within the emergency responders by her actions and willingness to work with them rather than just pile in on the fight. The human collatoral damage of a superhuman conflict is often overlooked and I thought you depicted it well. Good going Scarlet, not bad for her first engagement. :-)

You've built a rich and interesting world in Ark City, Bailey.

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

That's true but in Scarlet's mind...

first she had to get the wounded cops out, then...then she needed to do the most good she could but being untrained isn't the best course of action to see where she could help by asking the guys that do this for a living? She knows three things...she's at least two to three times normal human strength and she has infrared sight when she needs it and can fly.
She knows she can help rescue people.

To her that's much more important.
Thanks so much Jemima:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

good job

not every young hero can just do what is needed without showing off or trying to be the big dog. she showed a lot of maturity there.
you have a definite winner here. thanks

It's why her grandmother chose them.

A nice boy, a thoughtful kid and a spacescout but also going to university to work in a field that's meant to help people. To her Dale was already showing the right stuff he just needed the opportunity.

Thanks for enjoying this so much LoneWolf.
*Hugs and Howls.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

“Consider yourself deputized.”

well done. I loved this, the whole thing was wonderful, amazing, I'm-running-out-of-superlatives-fantastic.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

There is a reason why the true blue heroes are classics:)

Superman, Captain America, Spiderman all of them are still so popular for good reasons. Still loved.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey Summers...a proud supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

It's interesting how you

It's interesting how you describe learning. I guess girls really have an advantage there, since it isn't really goal-oriented. On the other hand if you give a guy something he has to do, he'll be way more likely to do it with high efficiency than a woman.

I had the dubious honor of grocery shopping with my aunt and sister over christmas... Soooo inefficient. I think we spend one and a half hour in the shop, because they couldn't decide what they wanted to buy.

Whatever, Darcy really seems to be the hero type... I wonder if someone tries to beat up Nicki around her or something similar stupid. Darcy should tell her friend sometime soon though.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,

*hugs*
Beyogi

Just odd little ideas that end up rolling around in my head.

It's an odd by product of trying to write in character. I'm glad it was interesting though. I'm sorry you had to endure the shopping ramble. But did you notice they go back and forth putting a dish in their head like an outfit sometimes?
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Mmm,

Extravagance's picture

that Darcy is one ass-kickin' chick! :D Rock on! ;D
Oh, and *HuggleSnugglePurr* <3

- - -

BCTS's resident Extravagant Honorable Trans-Cat-MegaTomboy! ;D ...But I do like cuddles from soft but strong arms... ^_^
Honorable_Catgirl.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG