My Super Secret Life-31.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life-31.

Chapter 31

*Shayne/Kai…………

Breathe…even though everything is chaos around me I have to breathe, slow, steady let my breathing control my rate.

I block the pipe coming for my head with a palm and twist my wrist and arm as I do with a burst of soft chi turning it away from me and over balancing the thug with it I use him as he’s falling over to use him as a jumping block to get me into the upper parts of the warehouse. I combine my jump with a kick to the back of his head hard enough to lay him out.

Bonsai….Like the art for not Banzai the charge thing, that’s my code name. I’m on the team. I’m a junior member but at I’m active…not a reserve but an active junior Champion.

It’s Kai…me, I’m experienced and I’ve passed most of the tests they’ve put me through and I spar well enough that I’m on active duty being the team’s shinobi while Shroud’s away in Ark City

Once I‘m up in the shadowy dark of the ceilings I‘m in my element.

I am despite my merge and Shayne side an honest to goodness Shinobi.

What’s going on?

I’m in Julliard, not the music super famous earth place but the neighborhood in P.C. it’s a mostly Cari-Buenos area and that’s the problem…the came as cheap fishing and plantation labor way back and it’s kind of a Barrio now and home to several super aggressive gangs.

Gangs that kill each other and bystanders.

I hate gangs…I lost too much to that life and….we might lose more. Two police officers were caught and injured when they interrupted a arms buy and the gangers in this case El Skorpiones didn’t get away before back up showed and now they’re holding the two officers hostage.

My job is to get close enough to keep them from being hurt and get them both out when SWAT makes its move.

These assholes are armed well enough that they’re not going to negotiate not when they think that they can get away.

And they are trying to get away.

I think out to “Reacher” one of the PCPD’s specials a psionic. What a great way to avoid using radios and share info. Though I will admit the whole telepathy thing freaks the Shayne part of me. It’s someone in your head…you know what goes on in your head and stuff so why in heck’s name would we want to have someone know those things, even glimpses.

But Kai me is sure enough of Reacher’s honor that I’m good with it. He has to maintain his honor otherwise who’d trust him?

~They’re using a plasma cutter from the shop here they’re trying to get to the sewers I think. ~

~How many can you see the officers?~

I concentrate and do a count, sharing what I’m seeing, weapons they’re carrying and the two officers. One’s injured and her wound is dressed and she’s really pale and sweating and twitching the other is tied up and he’s watching her intensely.

~I see them, the woman’s hurt and in shock. ~

~Can you give us positions? ~

I look at every thing and do as I was once taught to long ago and parcel the place off in silken threads make the room a gaming board and I plot out everything in yardage squares and start filling him in, showing him my “game.”

I can feel him telling most of the others what is where and they’re doing tactical. Telling… (Frowny)…that says a lot about their honor with a fellow man-at-arms that they don’t trust his ethics with his telepathy.

I have reservations yes but there is supposed to be a level of honor there isn’t there?

~It’s fine I’m used to it. ~

~As you say but I still feel as I will feel you know. ~

~Thanks for that. ~

~D’nada.~

I smile under my mask at his confusion there and the mixed sudden flavor of my feel to him.

I breathe and I wait, actually I breathe and count and figure…who they will be hitting and who I will need to hit and I reach into my leg pouch and pull out my shurikens.

It’s nice to get equipped and even nicer to get the current toys. Tritanium alloy shurikens with a laser surfaced iridium bladed edge these are the perfect weight and they are extremely sharp.

~Ready!? 5, 4, 3, 2, …1!~

It’s my moves first and I drop from my other hand several flash bangs just to go off before the stun grenades fired into the place by the Tactical team. I fling my shurikens out at the three guys closest to the officers.

A flick of the wrist a semi spiral motion and I let the “soft chi” flow down my pathways and enhance the spin.

You ever see those ninja movies where the shurikens cut things? It’s not bullshit it’s real ancient martial stuff co-opted by the entertainment industry. I’m more Kai-me then Shayne and a lot more ruthless…I don’t go for their guns I go for faces and one of them with a laser pistol. Him I take his hand off at the wrist then I’m in the middle of them letting loose with Tai-jutsu assisted with moves from Shayne-me’s arsenal from my MMA days of kickboxing and Brazillian Ju-jutsu.

“Hard chi” flowing now I strike with the knowledge of the parts of the body that are easiest to break…three men already hurt pretty bad by the shurikens and they’re down and I pull my kunai and cut the male officers bonds and we grab the woman and we pull back out of the way of the Tactical guys storming into the place with clip fed shotguns full of large bore taser rounds mixed with rubber shot shells staggered.

The gangers try to fight back but semi blind and deaf and reeling from the concussion grenades most of their attacks even with the energy weapons are missing.

That’s a good thing.

Lasers weapons burn through most things really fast either as a flash which looks like a bolt of light or a longer second lasting sustained beam. The beam is way worse but ballistic armor don’t stand up well to them unless you have a lot of it or ablative coverings or something that’s reflective.

But they have lasers and some Ion weapons and Ion guns from what I’ve been told operate in a whole other way and they burn heavy holes in anything they’re shot with body armor helps but really not a lot and only if you’re in a hardsuit I guess.

Thankfully tactical are in hardsuits and it’s a pretty quick fight and take down with the gangers really not that sound of fighters when it comes to a surprise attack from me and a well trained group of professionals.

It’s very strange to me as Shayne my life was mostly the streets and anti-police and Kai was sort of the same but her world had this mercenary political thing to it as she worked through all these inner circles to get at the English Sorcerer.

She’s worked with professionals before in various jobs and while very different it’s still that same sort of feeling that this is what I do…it’s my job and then there’s this Japanese thing that really feels good about all of us pulling this off.

Me feeling like this is new and more than that it’s this feeling of I just helped do several something’s right.

It’s like there’s all this negative stuff getting lifted off of our hearts. We…I have shadows from both of our lives and things that we need to make up for. Even if we can never actually make up for the actual things that we did addressing the balance is the best we can do.

Kai-brain me is all very karma and Taoist about it. Shayne me knows that is those energy weapons got into the hands of the gangs here in the streets of PC with the race wars between the gangs it’d be a slaughter.

Or worse…long beam laser shots burn through almost everything thy hit until they hit something dense enough to take their heat for as long as the beam flicker lasts. That means it will keep going through stuff like common walls and glass…people…this getting started would have had a likely collateral damage body count as high as the actual gang on gang violence.

And that would only spark this into getting worse.

Reacher comes over with a coffee. “Here, you look like you’re still mulling things over.”

“I am, you need to get a bead on who is selling these things before they do get out on the street.”

“I know, these could be really bad out there.”

“Any theories?”

“Lot’s just nothing that’s provable and I can’t go in without a court order.”

“Go in?”

“Psi-evidence.”

“I thought that was a violation of their human rights?’

“It was but they’re doing it in Ark City just no telepathic reads.”

“Then how?”

“Alliance law. We’re part of the Alliance and that includes both the Avari and the Vishanti both are psi-races and have laws for such so we’re becoming up to date.”

“So…what is psi-evidence if you can’t mind-read?”

“Mostly it’ll be pyschometry.”

“What?”

“Object reading, getting information from an object’s trace energy.”

“Oh…?...oh…that could be huge.”

“Yes, feeling something out say in a drug lab or at a cleaned up murder scene it changes the game.”

“How’s it being patrolled?’

“The Alliance, they set up a unit of their psionics and they investigate things on member worlds when a complaint is launched.”

“So you can do this reading?”

“Yeah I’m able to read places and things pretty well.”

“People?’

“Harder, there’s too much energy there in a person so it’s like a scrambler but I can match that to places. So I can track someone with something of theirs and I can tell if someone has been someplace or not.”

“Useful, really useful but once it really starts to get used there’ll be a lot of people very mad about this.”

He nods. “There already is even the police unions are fighting this.”

“Really?”

“What dirty cop wants internal affairs to have Psi-officers crawling through their lives?”

“Good point there, their reps will lose a lot of power too trying to protect cops that really shouldn’t.”

He gets called and wired a warrant for the place and the gangers possessions and he has to go and from what I can tell that’ll be a lot of work just going through all of that. I’m off to Central with the tactical unit for a debriefing and to do my paperwork.

I hate doing it and at the same time it’s amusing to my Kai self since even this far in the future the world is still full of paperwork and bureaucracy

*Kyle…………

It’s been awhile since my mutations have stopped and I’m still adjusting. I can’t help but to try to adjust.

It’s so hard too when you’re body betrays you and shifts into something that you’re not. That never in your wildest dreams you’d become or your nightmares.

I’m taller by a little but I’m one of these sort of fae mutants which kind of means that I look like an elf. Only with jet black skin…and hair. I’m staring at myself in the mirror and frowning…I used to be a MMA fighter and I was a pretty decent sized guy now I’m thin and skinny all over except my butt which has some flesh to it and with my skinny legs and slender shoulders I could pass for a girl.

Well except for one part of me. Other than losing my pubes and my skin color change it’s stayed the same and actually looks big on my frame. Still those with no body hair and everything else I don’t feel like myself, it still doesn’t feel like I fit in my skin.

Honestly if it wasn’t for Shayne I’d have gone nuts and killed myself or something worse…I did enough damage when I flipped out in the medical area as it is and that’s one more thing that I’m adjusting to.

I pad out into the living room and stare at my hand and I feel the flowing energy under my skin.

The scientists are all stumped except for Parvati. She’s the mystic for The Champions and she has done a lot of research and she’s pretty sure I’m a channeller.

Yeah I’m a mage type.

Yeah mutants or meta’s can do majik apparently the initial mage types were mutants or something like that were there was something in them different that they could innately tap those energies.

Or we think she said that I’m tapping powers from the Shadowverse or something and tomorrow Shayne and I are leaving town to drive up the coast to Cascade City where we’re to meet and have an appointment with John wisdom the most powerful sorcerer on the entire planet.

I’ve never even heard of the man myself so I’m very not sure if this will do any good but I need answers and I need to actually know what I’m doing.

Some stuff we thing is innate like a species thing and some stuff will be things that I have to learn.

And there’s just.

There’s so much to adjust too and it’s so…it’s not me, it’s just not and there’s times that I feel like when this all happened to me that Kyle died…

I pace and pace and stare at my hands after a dozen laps of the apartment then I release some of the shadow energy and I form a long line of it between my hands and hold the picture in my head of the smoky sort of darkness swirling together and braiding into…

I make a jump rope.

I’m a fighter so I make myself a jump rope and I start to get at it….this, this is something normal…working out and sweating and burning off my edginess too.

Shayne’s out on her first mission and it’s a dangerous one by the sound of it and I’m worried.

And do you think that she would think to actually call me? It’s this whole ninja thing; I’ve never seen anyone so not up on even just everyday tech.

I push myself, I’ve gotten faster reflex wise than before and I get my jump rope going until I’m in the zone and it’s doing the whirr in the air and I’m sweating a lot, honestly I like to sweat it’s like I’m getting stuff out and that’s sort of the proof.

I go harder and harder until I hit that point where I’m just about to trip and I dissolve the rope and let it fade to black mists.

I head over to the other room that was a spare bedroom here in the apartment but Shayne and I have turned it into a sort of dojo meets work out room and I go at the striker dummy not even bothering with the speed bag or the heavy bag and just going at it and if I hurt myself a little I’m not sure if I care.

Actually seeing that my blood’s still red’s a sort of relief actually.

There’s a lot of strange stuff that goes through your head when you become something else that’s so other than the things that you’ve ever known.

“Kyle…”

I turn and Shayne’s there leaning in the doorway looking at me she’s just out of the shower and she has her hair slicked back but she’s completely naked and her arms are sort of folded or crossed behind her.

“Hey…I didn’t hear you come in.”

“Well you’ve been pretty into it.”

“Yeah…”

“Come to bed.”

“I need a shower.”

“No, you don’t maybe after.”

“Shayne?”

She slips over to me in this sexy little glide and she goes on her tip toes to kiss me and her hands slide over my skin and then she has her hand sliding up and down my length through my track pants.

“Come to bed I’ll make you feel better.”

Honestly I don’t get her or what she see’s in me. But I need it, whatever she sees in me I need that way she looks at me.

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

you do these

hot scenes that is right out the pottery scene in 'Ghost.' There's this inner connection that forge between your characters that are just so touching we readers can't help but come back for more.

Oh, and Shayne is a bad-ass! :)
hugs
Grover

"I need that way she looks at me."

"Honestly I don’t get her or what she see’s in me. But I need it, whatever she sees in me I need that way she looks at me."

dont we all need that?

DogSig.png

We do all need that, but it's really hitting Kyle hard.

Being a newly evolved mutant and adjusting to such a change and stuff is not the easiest thing to get a grip on.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a Proud big brother.

Bailey Summers

wow...

who wouldn't want someone coming home an looking at them that way. It may be tough on Kyle right now, but he is so lucky to have her.
great chapter, thanks

Yes definitely wow to have that in your life.

Plus there is the fact that Shanye kind of needs Kyle too. A steady sort of relationship is a good thing for both of them.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers