My Super Secret Life-22.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life-22.

Chapter 22

*Shane…

I dozed a little curled up and comfy in the chair beside Kyle’s bed. I guess that’s a good thing about being this tiny little Asian girl and that’s being able to curl up like this. I have no idea why I’m here and helping Kyle but I honestly can’t help myself.

I never thought that I’d be feeling attracted to him either. To a guy…

Part of me was actually relieved in everything that’s gone on in my life when I found myself really attracted to girls and to have the hots for Sunny.

But having the hots for Kyle is something new.

I’m hitting that whole lazy sleepy thing watching him sleep and just sort of drifting in and out. He’s really changed. Where he was a good decent build at 170lbs or so with muscles and blonde hair and blue eyes he’s totally different now.

Long raven’s black hair, delicate features that are still those of a guy but pretty, very pretty and so very elfin. He’s got that amine pretty boy thing going on including longer legs and arms, everything about him is graceful and slender.

Just watching him makes my girl parts ache. I’d be freaked out if not for Kai’s life. Okay I’m still very much freaked out but it’s gotten mixed up with curious and excited.

The things on his arms though have everyone intrigued. Long black ad shiny they look like jagged wounds that someone filled with that tinted film you use to tint car windows. They go from the top of his hands until just short of his elbows and he has them in these upside down V shapes too on each shoulder blade.

There’s staff coming and going and you know when you look at Champion Tower from the outside as any one else in the city you sort of known they gotta have people here right? But there are serious staff here. The clinic, hospital or whatever this is has the best of everything including staff. But I’ve never been to a hospital before where the nurses move like they’ve got fighting skills and wear a white medical version of a cops belt. And I mean cops belt with a few cuffs and a mini-taser and whatever else. It just reminds me that really this of not just cop central but cops with super powers central.

Kyle’s machines start to go faster and louder and he’s tossing and turning and he lets out a scream and there’s this black light that swirls around his arms like mist or it could be mist and he fires of a bolt of blackness. Then another then another freaking out and firing wildly. I flip myself over the chair and take cover and there’s people rushing in to try and stun him or sedate him and he’s fighting them yelling. “No! No! Run! It’s burning, run they’re coming!”

The staff have four people trying to hold him down and trying to keep him from shooting someone with his blasts. They almost get him of the bed when he lets out this scream of rage or just angry desperation and he throws them as these large black feathered wings explode from those things of his back filling the room with this cloud of black feathers.

Then I make my move, I jump over the chair and somersault out of the way of him turning and firing on me. He’s freaking out and it’s like he’s lost in some PTSD thing. He’s not shooting at me, at something else. But it’s just the way he’s shooting it’s not me he’s aiming at it’s something bigger?

I bounce between his blasts and get in close and focus to feel out his chi flows, Ki, Chakra whatever you call it there’s an energy pattern in us all and I hit him with stiffened two fingered jabs in those places, shocking his system and shutting down the feed to his arms…it’s hard because he’s faster than a normal person now it seems and even if he’s out of it Kyle’s a trained fighter.

But I do get the atemi strikes in and lose a few strands of hair in the process from a really close strike/shot.

He cries out in panic when I do and I grab his hands at the wrists and it burns a bit as the left over power runs down and he’s struggling, and he’s stronger than me.

I don’t want to but I drive a knee into his diaphragm and knock the wind out of him. He goes limp for a few seconds then he starts coughing.

“Shane?”

“Hai…”

“What?…What happened?”

“You had a bad dream, or…”

“Or…?”

“I think you might have been having a vision.”

“Shane?”

“Hai.”

“Did I…Did I do this?”

“Hai.”

“You stopped me?”

“Hai.”

“Thank you…”

He stands up and looks down at me and his wings and furling and unfurling nervously and that black silk hair of his is in his face and I can’t help but to touch it and move the strands aside…wipe this tear sliding down his cheek.

“I’m so scared Shane…”

“I know, you’re shaking.”

The nurses and orderlies that had been thrown are getting up and staring at him, and at me and Champion himself is in the doorway.

“Is everything okay?” He’s asking everyone.

“It seems to be over sir. She stopped him by doing some kung-fu thing and he’s calming down.” One of the orderlies says.

I look at Champion. “I think Kyle wasn’t battling us Champion-Sempai he was seeing things that were not us.”

He looks at us, then at the staff who are nodding. “Okay, I’ll call Parvati in and see if this wasn’t something she’d understand.”

I nod. “Thank you Champion-Sempai.”

“No, miss thank you it seems you have a talent for being in the right place at the right time to help out recently. Kyle, are you sure you’re calm, I don’t want to have to bunker you to keep others safe.”

“I…I…honestly you should sir…I…I don’t know what set all of this off…or how to…how to do what I did.”

“Alright, if you’re worried I get it set up, we don’t need a repeat until we can get you to where this won’t happen again. Just hang tight okay?”

“Yes sir.”

They leave and it’s just Kyle and me and he starts looking at me again. He looks scared, hurt and vulnerable and I try a shy smile.

“It will be alright, I will not leave you here with there people alone.”

“Shane…”

“Hai?”

He pulls me into this hug and holds on tight and it’s…his wings sweep forward and wrap themselves around me in his arms and there’s this spot in my heart that I didn’t know was even there whined out this little inner good………ow.

I’m being held by this boy, held because he’s scared and he needs me…this angel of a boy that is like no one I’ve ever seen in two lifetimes.

I stand up suddenly on my tip toes and surprise us both when I kiss him deeply.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Shane's life

just gets stranger and stranger. but she is going with the flow. sounds like Kyle may have gotten some past life stuff dumped on him too.
time will tell. good chapter, lots of possibilities. thanks

Yeah... seems like he was

Yeah... seems like he was fighting against spiritual enemies. I wonder if they really were just memories of something he was involved in, something out of a spiritual realm, or maybe enemies the builders of the ark fought.

I'm happy Shane has found someone she obviously loves and who apparently loves her back. I hope it'll work out for them, both have enough drama in their lives without needing to add to it.

Bailey, thank you for writing this captivating story,
*hugs*
Beyogi

You are so really close Beyogi:)

But Shane finding Kyle is more freaky to her than the other strangeness.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Shane going with the flow is Kai's fault:)

She's got training in various oriental belief systems and is actually quite grounded with stuff like this. If she never had ganger Shane as part of her then Modern life would be freaking her out.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Differences

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

It's interesting how different Shane and Kyle's experiences are from that of Sunny and Matt/Alexis. The former clearly have some sort of link between the past and the present and it will be interesting to see if this threat that Kyle is experiencing is memories of the past or something else.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Ow!

You do that 'Ow' thing so well. There the build up and then that pain/pleasure where two hearts meet. Ow. Even knowing your style and seeing it coming doesn't keep the happy tears away. Ow... :)

Hugs
Grover

Yeah I really liked the end scene:)

This image of Kyle as this raven haired so pretty male anime angel with his wings wrapped around this kind of street dressed Hinata like Japanese girl that's kissing him on her tip toes.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers