My Super Secret Life...Villain-4

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Villain-4

Chapter 4

I’m sitting with the make-up off of my face and looking at Jeff as he’s looking at the stuff on the sheets in front of him and I’m chewing my lip and staring at him.

Jeff’s my doctor.

Well Jeff’s a doctor that I free supply with stuff that I steal so he has the stuff to actually treat people, poor people out of his small little clinic. Usually the wait out front is nuts but I get special consideration so he doesn’t lose his golden goose as it was…were?

“Well Rook it looks like you’re showing normal blood work.”

“I can’t be this…this little elf girl…she kissed me and I…I…y’know..”

“No, what I mean is that your normal hormone levels from your usual blood work are usually well below the normal levels for a teenager in your age group.”

“So?”

“So you’re producing normal level now, in both HGH and female hormones.”

“I’m becoming a girl?”

“Most likely, your mutation has already started you down that path.”

“Yeah but it stopped, I mean why now?”

“Stress, age, I’m not sure? Rook you’re a Meta your genes are coded to do things that they don’t do in regular people.”

“So?”

“So you run on a totally different body clock than regular people plus you’re a psi?”

“I don’t get what that has to do with anything?”

“You affect the real world with the power of your mind. You’re a powerful telekinetic.”

“I’m not that powerful.”

“Bullshit, I’ve seen the things that you can do and brute power is one thing but you have almost a preternatural facility for your powers that I have never, ever seen before or even heard of.”

“It’s called practice Jeff.”

“Yeah well I’ve the feeling that the shock of your body changing might have pushed your psionic abilities to tell you body to stop.”

“But why now?”

“Stress, age, it could just be the right time or…”

“Or?”

“Or you’re having a meta-reaction to that kiss?”

“Huh?”

“She had something about her either biological of metagenic or even psionic that opened the door on your body’s cycle.”

“So what do I do?”

“What do you mean?”

“What do I do? How do I stop it? I don’t know how to be anything like that and…and…”

“And?”

“I’m wet…it’s….”

“Sticky?”

“Fuck off Jeff.”

“Well I’ve got somethings that might help. I’ll be right back.”

…………………………………………….* 3 hours later.

“Fucking asshole….”

I’m looking at my hand and frowning no scowling at the “things that might help.”

Pamphlets…. “So you’re getting your period”

“Your breasts and you.”

“So your child is entering puberty.”

Oh and to top it all off I have a little plastic baggy with free condoms in it and free samples of Midol.

I nearly punched his lights out when he suggested that I come back and that I get a pelvic and a smear.

“Fucking asshole……”

I slip back into my place tired, angry and still freaked out and I feel…sticky.

I hate feeling sticky and I might have gotten a shower at the clinic but I’d just have to put the clothes on again.

I go straight to the laundry and I’m peeling out of my clothes and dumping them right into the washer and getting out of the stuff as fast as I can and even using telekinetic force to pull off the grease paint that I wear on my face as a disguise. If I had a pool I’d have dived into it.

I settle for my shower and I try to scrub the unsettled feelings away. I know to a lot of people getting to feel something might seem like a blessing but I’m scared, I’m scared because this is different from my normal life…it’s change and change isn’t good, not for me that last time I changed I became me and I lost everything that I knew.

So yeah I’m freaking out and five minutes into the shower I’m somewhere between having bawling my eyes out and having a real and genuine panic attack. I end up sliding down my shower stall wall and crying my eyes out and trying to breathe through the sobs.

I’m freezing from the cold shower by the time I get out of there and dry myself off and I go to my room and crawl into the covers and hide away from the world.

Then it hits me.

Am I being hormonal?

It’s a shitty end of the day/night and I have a ton of bad dreams. The Masons and the kids, what might have gone down if I hadn’t been there. Those bleed into me and being home and the stuff with my parents and the looks that you get both when you’re changing and when you actually display a thing, a power that’s not normal. There’s some people that change and go nuts or were just psycho to begin with and just didn’t have the power to do shit.

That’s actually common…well powered revenge is. There a lot of mutants or meta-being that get powers and one of the first things that they do is go looking through their mental hit list.

Don’t bullshit me either, if you’re human or even if you’re not there’s this list in you of those people you hate that you’d do harm to or wish harm to befall them. Even the nicest people you’d meet have a revenge list.

Mines actually kind of small. I act mine out far too often. And when it does happen it’s usually something deserved.

I toss and turn and get twisted up in my sheets and dream of Link, of that kiss and her…five two or three maybe a buck twenty soaking wet. Blonde and elf like but that LOTR elf type not the anime elves with the antennae ears.

I remember that kiss, and the way she smell of peaches and baby powder.

Her lips were so soft.

But why me? Why kiss me? I didn’t deserve it…I’m me and I don’t do the people thing, not really keep them away from knowing me, from betraying me. I don’t want to feel these things! I don’t want to feel anything for anyone!

Being nothing is better than being something and getting sucked into the bullshit lives of others. I’ve been nothing for so long …I don’t know how to be a person! I don’t know how, I don’t know how…I don’t know how…

I wake up feeling sick in my heart and my body’s aching and I feel it, I feel the start of the first cramps as mutation shift is starting…the cramps move around slowly pulsing in that gripping pain that sinks right to my bones…I can tell I have a fever starting or my metabolism is going out of wack.

It takes so much to get up and get, water, energy bars, vitamins, and use the bathroom. I fall into bed as it hits harder and harder these bubbles of pain hitting me in places like I’m boiling on the inside…

And I’m alone…alone and sick…sicker than…and god I hate this…It hurts so bad everywhere…inside, out, body, mind, heart… “I don’t wanna be alone…help…”

up
113 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"I dont know how to be a person!"

"Being nothing is better than being something and getting sucked into the bullshit lives of others. I’ve been nothing for so long …I don’t know how to be a person! I don’t know how, I don’t know how…I don’t know how…"

I've felt like this. More times than I can count.

One of those chapters that hurt to read, but in a good way.

Thanks for sharing hon.

DogSig.png

Some feelings are universal right?

This stuff's important to Rook as a character and after so long in neutral slipping into this is a shock to body and mind.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

Need more!

Bailey! This is way to short!
Now I have to wait for weeks wondering what happens to hir now probably her... I wonder, she's psychic, so maybe the last words were a psychic cry for help. I kind of hope that her elven girlfriend comes to the rescue. I guess it might not be very probable though.

thank you for writing this captivating story,
*hugs*
Beyogi

Wow thanks. Cliffhanger kind

Wow thanks. Cliffhanger kind of suck when you have to wait a month or so for the next part, especially with short chapters like these.
*mega hugs* ;)
Beyogi

Wow! That was intense

I love it Bailey. Please write these more often.

Thank You Cliff:)

I will try to get more of these stories out since the response is always great.
Thank You:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

its been a while on this one

so does she call out to link with her Psi.
if her powers are amping up.. I can see it happening.
short but intense.
thanks

She's one of my favorites

of your superhero story characters. Seeing her in such pain, is ... difficult. Like everyone else I'm waiting for the next chapter.
Hugs
Grover

Thanks Grover!

I'll definitely have to do some more for Rook soon:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

You do that

Stream of consciousnesses thing really well. The reader has to know, feel, what your character is going through if they're paying attention.

Nice.

Maggie

Thanks Maggie:)

I guess some things come across in ways that connect with my readers on this. It seems there's people who get exactly what Rook is feeling. I like connecting with that.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

MSSL... Robin Hood?

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

A villain? Maybe in the technical sense. S/he's a thief definitely. No doubt. But then there is the whole helping the hospital and the neighbourhood stuff. Clearly, under all that surface villainy is a good person trying to make the best of a bad situation and the hand that fate dealt them. It would be so easy to alphabetise that mental hit list and work through it leaving a trail of greasy smears that were formally people behind and I'm sure we've all had those little daydreams at times.

I loved the Zelda reference btw last chapter (an elf that called Link... d'oh!) :-)

I think with this story I'm now finally caught up with Ark Cities metahuman population! Thank you for an enjoyable story Bailey!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

LOL! Okay Rook would likely say first that Robin Hood was...

more of an asshole than the legends say he was. Then she'd get all frowny and you're trying to hard to make her look good. She kind of likes being surly.

But Yeah...Blonde girl in army greens and the hat with pointed ears.
I just had too:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Tissue alert

Had to re-read the earlier posting to remember where this story left off (no hardship there it was a good read). Wasn't expecting the right angle story turn as she hits emotional/physical meltdown. Then again Bailey doesn't write the expected! Good story but definitely needs a tissue alert.

Dang...

Extravagance's picture

I've already made the decision to save hormone treatment for last. It would be a shame to lose emotional control sooner than I have to. Hopefully changing my legal identity first will mean going to women's prison in the aftermath of flying into an estrogen fueled berserker rage when someone gets on my bad side...

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Oh I think that you could handle it:)

Rook has just been in serious denial of their changes she shut her body down until he got a jolt from a cute little sword swinging elf girl in army clothes and a green stoking cap.
*Huggles*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers