The Price To Pay - Vol. 2.03 - Escape

Printer-friendly version
price_to_pay.jpg
          

I felt a shiver of fear as I looked from one slovenly youth to another, wondering what they had in mind for their entertainment.

Brian stepped towards me, " so what's your name, bitch?"

I didn't reply.

The Price To Pay - Vol. 2.03 - Escape

by Alys


Vol. 2.03
 

I stood against the wall of the stone terraced house, at the end of the cul-de-sac, watching Brian, Frankie and their three other unsavoury friends walking towards me.

There was no way for me to run past them, the wall behind me was much to high to scale and there were no lights on in any of the houses in the street. Most of the houses looked like they were holiday homes and were empty. I was trapped and whatever the drunken slobs had in store for me there was no chance of avoiding it.

"You know one thing, Frankie," said Brian, as he stopped ten yards away from me.

"What's that, Brian, mate?" asked Frankie.

"Well, Frankie, if I was this little girlie here, I'd be a bit frightened," replied Brian, laughing, an ugly sound that jarred with the night sounds of the waves crashing on the beach in the distance and the breeze rustling the sails of the boats in the marina.

I felt a shiver of fear as I looked from one slovenly youth to another, wondering what they had in mind for their entertainment.

Brian stepped towards me, " so what's your name, bitch?"

I didn't reply.

"Cat got your tongue?" asked Frankie, aggressively, "come on you stupid cow, this can be as nasty as you like. If you don't want to get hurt too bad you'd better start being nice to us"

"Get stuffed!" I shouted," leave me alone!"

"Well, lads, what do you think about our little friend?" asked Brian, loudly, as he inched towards me," she's a bit rude don't you all think"

"Needs to be taught a few manners, I'd say, Brian," responded Frankie as he lunged forward, trying to grab my arm.

"Don't touch me!," I screamed as I slapped his hand away, unfortunately at the same time Brian jumped forward to grab me from behind. Before I could respond I was being held, tightly, in his big brawny arms, one around my waist, trapping my own arms, and the other on my mouth.

"Bit too slow, there, bitch," he growled in triumph, " now who wants to play with her first?"

I looked at the four other louts staring at me and to my surprise noticed one who looked a little uneasy.

"Come on Brian, she's only a kid, haven't you scared her enough," he asked, "let's go and get a few more beers"

"Don't be such a wanker, Johnnie" said Frankie, aggressively," no-one kicks sand in me face and gets away with it. I'll do her first, Bri"

"You're fucking mad, Frankie, she can't be more than thirteen," shouted Johnnie, " just leave her alone!"

Frankie turned and rushed up to Johnnie and pushed him hard, almost knocking him to the ground. Johnnie regained his balance and stepped back. Frankie marched up to him until his face was inches away from Johnnie's.

"No-one tells me what to fucking do!" yelled Frankie, " you got that bumboy?"

The two of them stood staring at each other for a few seconds, seemingly on the verge of a fight.

"Don't you call me bumboy, you prick," hissed Johnnie aggressively in response.

The attention of the rest of the gang was concentrated on the growing confrontation between Frankie and Johnnie. I decided that this was my only chance of escape.

"Ahhhh," screamed Brian, in pain as I bit hard on his hand over my mouth. He loosened the grip of his other arm as he instinctively held up his damaged hand. I pushed him away and started running as if my life depended on it, and it probably did.

"The bitch is getting away," shouted Brian, "stop her"

Frankie gave Johnnie one last push and started after me, Brian nursed his injury while the other three stood and watched the chase.

I knew I couldn't outrun Frankie, even though he was obviously a little intoxicated, he was four or five years older than me, at least six inches taller and quite a bit stronger. The advantage my lightness had given me earlier on in the day, when running bare foot on sand, was now negated by his physical maturity.

I had gained a lead of thirty yards, before he had begun running after me, but as I neared what I hoped was a bolt hole, he had cut that to less than twenty.

"Help, please, help, he's going to rape me!" I shouted as I neared the door, that I had spotted opening a few seconds before.

The door was pushed ajar.

"Quick, inside dear," spoke a female voice.

I needed no further invitation and threw myself through the door, past a small woman and into a gloomy passage. I heard the door shutting firmly behind me and then the sound of Frankie crashing into it.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, he'll not get through there, it's four inch solid oak, used to be part of the deck of my grandfather's fishing boat," reassured my rescuer.

There was a bang on the door as Frankie started trying to batter his way in. I shook with fright.

My elderly saviour picked up the intercom phone and spoke to my crazed assailant.

"Listen carefully, you cannot get in and even if you could you'd have to get past my shotgun. I have already called the police and they will be here in two minutes. So please stay longer and have a pleasant night in the cells," she bluffed.

"Granny, let me in, I just want a word with my girlfriend, it's just a misunderstanding," shouted Frankie.

The old lady, who I could make out was only wearing a dressing gown and nightie, looked at me quizzically.

I shook my head.

"He's lying, please don't let him in," I pleaded.

Frankie continued banging and although the door shook a little under his efforts it showed no sign of opening. In the meantime the sprightly householder did phone the police and was given assurances of help arriving rapidly.

I stood there still completely petrified, hoping that the door would be as strong as had been indicated. I heard the sound of an argument outside even while Frankie continued to try and smash through the door.

"Come on Frankie, let's go back to the pub," said Brian, " the others have gone already"

"Not letting the bitch escape," answered his psychotic friend.

Suddenly there was the sound of a police siren.

"Fuck, it's the scum, run!" shouted Brian.

There was a brief commotion outside as the two louts made their escape.

I stood shaking in relief.

"Come on dear, " said my protector, "come and sit down, I'll make us a cup of tea"

I followed her into the kitchen and a few minutes later was slowly sipping a reviving cup of sweet tea. She told me that her name was Angela, that she was retired from the civil service in London and had decided to return to the former family home of her grandparents in Dinbych-Y-Pysgod.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. Angela answered and returned with a young police officer and his female assistant. They explained that my attackers had managed to escape but they took a brief statement and suggested that I returned to the police station the following morning to look over some photographs of known trouble makers, even though they were most likely not local.

Half an hour later my parents' car pulled up outside, after Angela had phoned them and given them exact instructions how to find her house.

"Oh Celyn, are you alright," said my sister as she ran towards me and hugged me.

"Better now, thanks," I responded.

My father thanked Angela profusely and arranged to return the following day to take her out for lunch, with us, in the best local restaurant as a way of showing his gratitude for my safety.

We bade our farewells and I sat, exhausted, in the back of the car holding my sister's hand.

"I suppose we'll all have to go home tomorrow afternoon and I didn't even get chance to see Celyn wearing the other summer dresses I bought," said my Mother, grumpily, as we drove back to our caravan.


To Be Continued...

 
End of Vol. 2.03

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nerves

You do believe in frazzling my nerves, don't you?

I knew you'd get Celyn out of a sticky situation but I'd no idea how. It's as well you know!

Susie

I'm Soooooo Glad you let her ...

... get away with mostly just a Scare. Hopefully something can be done about the thugs. *sighs*

I like this "grammy" type. Looking forward to seeing how things continue to "work out". Not seen much from the club sport in recent episodes. I'm wondering how that works out...

Annette

Another four inch thick door

Hooray! another four inch thick door - and very handy they are too!

I do worry about Celyn's mother though. Her child has just narrowly escape being raped and all she cares about is that Celyn didn't get to wear the other dresses!

Of All The Nerve Of That Mother!!!!

complaining about a few dresses that won't get worn!!! How dense can she be??? Great chapter Alys, I just wish that I knew how to pronounce those names. They sound so beautiful.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hmm...

I reckon her mother needs a good slap she has a her priorities completely wrong, this is just another example.

The Legendary Lost Ninja

><

I totally agree with you, Celyn almost got raped and all she can think of is turning him further into a girl, what a conniving manipulative witch ><

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

gnarly escape!

laika's picture

I was all caught up in the drama of Celyn's escape- when you went and brought up
that damned 4" door again. I started laughing so hard my kitty Gojira jumped off of my lap,
giving me seriously dirty looks!

I'm glad that one of the dirtbags showed some resemblance to a human being
(Although it probably didn't prevent him from getting back together with his droogs
later and laughing about how "funny" the incident had been. And if she had been older
would it have been been more acceptable?) The idea of anyone being sick enough to commit
rape is scary enough. But the concept of gang rape is mind boggling. It doesn't even seem possible,
but there it is on the evening news ....... Anyway, a great scary sequence with a WHHEEEEEWWWWW! kind of ending. And I do wanna know if they ever catch the guys. Maybe "Johnny" will come forward about it?
(I'm writing one about a young transman, who in pursuit of some good old male bonding, accidently winds up
hooking up with a creepy bunch like that. {5 pages down, 20 to go on said story}...)
~~~hugs, Laika

Dewi-bloody-Sant!

Angharad's picture

this 'girl' has more lives than a cat! Just as well the way she uses them up. Thank goodness for the grandmotherly Angela and her four inch door. Would a fishing boat have a deck that thick? Her grandfather wasn't Capt Ahab, was he?

Cofleidiau,

Angharad

Angharad

Heavy

Lots of heavy gear on some fishing boats. Including winches that haul in tons of fish in nets. I imagine the old whalers weren't too flimsy, either.

Spunky Old Ladies…

…always know the best way to deal with yobbos who are distressing damsels, whether they use 4-inch thick doors or gigantic BMW motorbikes.

Excellent chapter, Alys.

Cofleidiau,

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Phew!

terrynaut's picture

That chapter had me going. I'm just glad it ended well. Now I can take a nap without fear of nightmares. Sheesh!

At least Celyn is passing as a girl. That's good. I'm also happy that you had at least one decent young man in the group. I wouldn't want young drunken youths to get too bad a reputation. ;)

Thanks and please continue.

Hugs

- Terry

Reminder to self ...

make sure get in ample supply of four-inch thick doors for my various heroines.

Nearly as useful as the Doctor's sonic screwdriver.

Nice save of your heroine, Alys.

Mom proving to be a ditz for all seasons.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I don't get this. I thought ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

the story had ended at chapter 4 something, and now we are back in the middle of it ?? What did I miss?

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

This is Volume 2

Frank's picture

Back in the past when Celyn was first adjusting (after the events in volume 1)..but before volume 3 and 4. It's Alys is posting it Current, Past, Current, Past time frames. I think I confused myself :)

Hugs

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

Resurrection!

joannebarbarella's picture

The 4 inch door that cannot die. Is it a plane? Is it a bird? No,it's Superdoor! For Truth, Justice and Celyn!
Thank you so much, Alys. Better than the cavalry any day,
Big Hug,
Joanne

possible origins (drabble)

laika's picture

It stood there, on a dry rocky hillock at the edge of the veldtland.
In a world defined by the organic, by the vagueness of erosion
and the meandering ways of water, this THING stood tall,
casting a long rectangular shadow, impossibly manufactured looking...
As out of place as anything, anywhere.

The protohumans approached it cautiously.
In their world the very concept of a straight
edge seemed supernatural, and wrong.

Mysterious. Unforthcoming. Unfathomable.
Worst of all it seemed somehow aware of them.

Mog grunted, "What is it, Og?"

"Well I'll be damned. It's .......... a four inch thick oak door!"

(Alright I'll shut up about the damn door already! ~~hugs, Laika)

And, here I thought it was that...

... Rectangular Obelesk like the one in 2001: A Space Odesy. Seems to have some similar properties (as in turning up in unexpected places)...

Annette

Amazingly hard

It is amazingly hard to believe this is the same woman who said "sometimes I miss my son, Celyn" near the end of this story. I sometimes think she is popping pills!

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Confuzzled

Either it's another symptom of out-of-sequence posting or it's cropped up in another story, but it's rather confusing when everyone commenting on this makes extensive mention of the four inch thick oak door "reappearing"...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Mum needs to be put in a psych ward

NoraAdrienne's picture

Her daughter is nearly raped by drunken guys and all she can say is she's sorry that she wont get to see Celyn in her new dress? Where's dad in all this. Mum can get Gothgirl to dress nicely so she's putting her all into the daughter who didn't want to be one.

Anyone remember the movie "Throw mom off the train"? Well they need to do that here.

Lots of denial -

Podracer's picture

And coping mechanism going on? The tense scene in the alley had me going for a while until, most horribly, and unbidden, the opening line of the Ballad of Frankie and Johnny came to mind. Lost the plot for a bit after that.

"Reach for the sun."