Never Wanted To Be A Girl Chp.26

Printer-friendly version

Grace decided to pull a second shift at the hospital. The nurse she was covering for, had a family emergency. She checked on Raven and she was out of it. Her girlfriend Clair had left to go back to the hotel they were staying in to change.

Grace knew Clair was coming back to be by her girlfriend. She checks Raven's vitals and records them on the pad the hospital was using. As she is walking back to the nurses' station, she notices her partner Anthony talking to nurse Brooke. She was a light skin African American woman. She had the type of figure, Anthony looked for in a woman.

While she was doing that, she missed the dark hair woman walking down the hallway from the emergency stairs. She starts making her rounds, checking on patients, and making sure they are okay. Just as she is about to step into one patient's room, something catches her attention. The door leading into Raven’s room was slightly opened.

Grace walks over towards Raven’s hospital room and opens it slightly. She peeks in and spots a short black hair nurse reaching for the saline drip bag connected to Raven’s wrist. She manages to sneak into the room, without making a noise and creeps up behind the person that had a needle in their hand.

She goes to strike the person, but at the last minute, the person turns around and blocks her. She couldn’t believe how fast the person moved. Grace looks at the face of the person and notices they were rather young.

The unknown woman tries to stab Grace with the needle, but their attack is blocked. She blocks a strike from Grace. The report she had gotten about the petite woman was spot on. She kept protecting herself from Grace’s attack. The smaller woman was quick and wouldn’t survive a drawn-out fight with her.

She manages to get a kick to the midsection of Grace’s body, sending her stumbling backward. She knew if she was going to escape, this was the chance she needed. She presses a button on the small remote she had palmed.

The fire alarm goes off on the floor. Anthony looks for where the fire was and spots smoke coming out of an unoccupied room. He covers his face and moves over to the door and touches it. He feels heat on the other side of it.

“Nurse Brooke, get everyone out of here now.” Anthony looks around for Grace but doesn’t see her anywhere.

He heads towards Raven’s hospital room. Just as he enters, he spots a black hair female nurse fighting with Grace. She slightly taller than Grace and looked to be barely able to hold her own. He has seen his petite partner fight before and knew she was a hard opponent to beat.

The nurse spotted Grace’s other partner and could hear the alarm going off. She manages to make it to one side of the room and throws down a small white ball. Smoke fills the area where Grace and the woman is.

Grace starts coughing from the weird white smoke that appeared after the woman through something down. She feels the fake nurse running by her and reaches out for her. She manages to grab hold of something, but the woman escapes her grip.

Anthony couldn’t see anything as he made his way over to Raven’s bed. The fire alarms were still going off as the smoke cloud in the room started to dissipate. The assassin runs out of the hospital room and disappears in the crowd.

Grace looks over at Anthony with a black short wig in her hand “the bitch got away.”

“Help me get Raven out of here.” Anthony unplugs all the machines that were hooked up to her.

Grace runs over to him and unlocks the wheels on the bed. Between the two of them, they manage to get her out of the hospital room safely. The fire sprinklers were helping with putting the fire out.

They managed to get Raven to safety. Grace checks her over and makes sure she is alright. Once Raven is resettled, Grace looks at her partner “this is all I managed to grab from her.”

“Maybe it has some hairs or something we can use to extract DNA from. You do have her facial features memorized, don’t you?” Anthony figures they could input the information into the computer and match it.

Dark Angel Protection Agency, Chapel Hill, N.C.:
Angela figures since she has to wait for her aunt to get back to her and there was nothing else she could do. She decided to check her uncle’s training academy out. She had free run of the place. She grabs her identity card her uncle gave her, so she could access areas of the Academy.

According to what she learned from her uncle. All the training academies were set up the same. There were only slight changes to each academy. She goes from one room to another. She finally finds the swimming pool where the recruits get training for scuba diving and underwater fighting.

She heads into the female locker room and grabs a swimsuit from the supply closet. They keep a supply of different size one-piece swimsuits in stock. They also had towels as well. As she undresses in the women's locker room. It felt kind of strange to her. Yes, she is a girl now, but it still felt weird being in a room she has always wondered what it was like.

Once Angela was dressed in the one-piece swimsuit. She takes a shower and head back out to the swimming pool and jump in. She so loved to swim, as she dives into the pool. The pool itself was an Olympic size pool. She does a few freestyle laps and when she is done. She leans back and floats on her back.

While she is floating around on her back, she thinks about the problem she is working on. She has only read about the development of microwave guns for the use of law enforcement to stop car chases. She drifts around on her back, staring up at the ceiling.

Another train of thought interrupts the one she was currently thinking about. She couldn’t believe after all the stuff she and her adopted mother did to prove she was innocent. She still ended up with the short end of the stick. She only broke into the DHS computer to prove that the person responsible for killing agent Kline Manford wasn’t who he said he was.

She wishes she could touch a computer, but part of the deal her mother’s lawyers made for her freedom. She wouldn’t be allowed to touch a computer for three years. Technically, she could get around that with a voice-activated computer. Angela goes underwater on her back and swims a short distance.

Shane was walking around the academy checking on things when he spots someone swimming in the pool. He walks into the pool area and spots a teenage girl with shoulder-length hair dressed in one of the one-piece swimsuits they keep at the academy.

She looked too young to be one of their employees/recruits “excuse me, miss. These facilities are for Dark Angel Protection employees only.”
Angela looks up at the older gentleman that was standing on the side of the pool watching her. She didn’t know who he was. She swims over to where he was standing by the pool.

“I’m Andy Blake’s adopted niece, sir. He said it was okay for me to use the facilities.” Angela lets her legs float up behind her.

“Mr. Blake doesn’t have any nieces.” As far as Shane knew, Andy didn’t have any nieces or nephews.

“Well, I think I’m his first one. My mother is his twin sister Janice. You know the doctor?” Angela couldn’t believe her adopted mother did her SRS surgery.

Shane pulls his cellphone out and dails Mr. Blake’s number.

Andy was at the apartment he kept in Chapel Hill when his business cellphone buzzes. He presses the accept button “ Dark Angel Protection
Agency, Andy Blake speaking. How can I help you?”

“Mr. Blake, this is Shane Cartwright down here at the academy. I have a young lady in the pool area claiming to be your niece. I was just calling to confirm if she was.” Shane kept his eyes on the young woman.

A smile appears on Andy’s face “she’s my niece. She’s my twin sister's adopted daughter. She’s doing some work for me.”

“Oh, then I’m sorry for bothering you, Mr. Blake.”

“It’s okay Shane. I was about to call and arrange for someone to bring her here to my apartment when she is ready.”

“I’ll personally handle it, Mr. Blake.”

“Thanks, Shane. If you have any more questions. Feel free to contact me.”

“I will sir. You have a good evening.” Shane ends the call.

“See, I told you so.” A playful smile appears on Angela’s face.

“Just confirming it. When you’re ready to head home. Let me know so, I can take you.”

“Thank you. Let me get a few more laps done and get dress.” Angela wanted to get a few more laps in.

“Alright.”

Angela turns around and pushes off the pool wall and start doing a few more laps.

up
224 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Who wver is after

Samantha Heart's picture

Ravin why? Because she testified? If so then who is pulling the strings the former Judge, warden, the Dr? Even from prision they can still run things.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

All it takes is a moment of distraction

Jamie Lee's picture

They should have calculated an attempt on Raven's life no matter where she was, given all the powerful people caught up in the arrests. Had they been a split second later Raven's surgery would have been for nothing. That attempt will likely cause everyone to be more vigilant from now on.

Maybe by using what was pulled off the person, who that person is will lead to the person who made the contract.

Others have feelings too.