Never Wanted To Be A Girl Chp.3

Printer-friendly version

Raven wipes the sweat out of her eyes, as she tightens up the last ball joint. The heat inside the garage was causing her to sweat more than she normally did. The big floor fans Jordan put out in the garage to help cool it down, weren’t doing much.

She finishes the job and slowly lowers the car down. Once it was touching the floor. Raven makes the notes on the repair order and drives the car out to the parking lot to be picked up.

She sighs when she goes back into the building. The waiting area was nice and cold.

“I could stay in here all day.” As Raven walks over to the counter to give the office manager the repair order.

Raven glances over towards the basket of muffins she baked. She brought them in for the customers and employees to enjoy. The basket they were in, was empty.

“You could always do office work, Raven.” Jerry smiles at Raven.

“No thank you. I don’t have the temperament to deal with our customers.” Raven was happy working on the cars.

“Well, what customers we had this morning, loved your muffins. Even the staff loved them.” Jerry had one with his coffee and he loved it. It was a banana nut muffin he had grabbed.

“Really? They actually liked them?” She was surprised.

Mrs. Mercer has been teaching her how to cook, how to sew and other skills most girls learn while they are growing up. She finally mastered how to apply make-up.

“Yeah, they really liked them. You should bring your baked goods in more often. Also, go ahead and take your lunch.” Jerry knew Raven tended to work through her lunch.

“Alright, let me change my clothes.” Raven heads back to the locker room to change out of her coveralls and into the pair of pants she wore to work.

The guys never came into the locker room, when she was in there changing. They treated her like a kid sister. She changes her pants and grabs her wallet. Raven only carries a purse when she isn't working. When she is working, she uses the wallet she had when she went to prison.

There was a sub shop down the street from the garage that everyone went too. Raven rides her bicycle down to the sub shop. Even though she has her driver license now. She still rides her bicycle back and forth to work. As she is riding, she wishes she had a car instead.

By the time she gets to the sub shop, she was sweating again. Raven walks inside the sub shop and sighs again. The air was nice and cool. She walks up to the counter to place her order and a nice cold drink.

Raven watches as her sub is put together. Once it was made, she takes her meal over to a table near an old fashion jukebox. She selects a few songs and sits down at the table to eat her lunch.

Raven listens to the music she selected to play as she enjoys her sub. She was still getting used to being able to eat alone and choose what she wanted for lunch. She wishes she never agreed to take that job.

She enjoys her sub as she listens to the music. Once Raven is done, she stops at the counter and places a few bills in the tips jar.

“You guys did a good job on the sub. See you, tomorrow.” Raven smiles at the employees behind the counter as she walks out the door.

She peddles back to work. As she walks back towards the locker room, Jordan calls out to her.

“Hey, Raven. Can you come here a minute, please?”

“Sure.” Raven heads towards the back door.

“I just acquired a Ford Ranger pick-up truck from the police auction. It needs some motor work, but it has cold air and you can put your bicycle
in the bed of the truck. I thought you might want it.” Jordan bought the truck because he knew Raven would never ask someone for a ride.
Even when it was raining, she would ride in the rain on her bicycle.

Raven walks around the pick-up truck. It was a dark Green Ford XLT pick-up. There were some holes in the floorboard and in the bed of the
truck, but nothing she couldn’t fix. The inside was in good condition and had an after-market radio in the dash. It would come in handy with doing some repairs at Mrs. Mercer’s house.

“How much do you want for it, Jordan?” Raven trusted her boss.

“How about six hundred?” Jordan only paid five hundred for the pick-up at the auction.

“I can give you half when you pay me and another half from my next paycheck.” Raven still had the money that her new parole officer gave her.

“That’s fine. Let’s go to the office and we’ll make it official. If you need any parts for it. Put it on the company account.” Jordan didn’t mind paying for the parts.

Raven has been a hard worker and has been helping his friend Mrs. Mercer out and some of the church members in his church. He couldn’t believe last Sunday when she showed up for church with Mrs. Mercer. She looked cute and beautiful.

Raven had on a nice baby blue and white dress while wearing two-inch white heels. She didn’t have on too much make-up on. He couldn’t ever imagine that she uses to be a male or a car thief. He’ll have to ask his daughter to look in Raven’s background.

“Thanks, Jordan. I promise not to spend too much of your money.” A teasing smile appears on Raven’s face.

“I know you won’t. I’ll go by DMV tomorrow morning and get the tags for the truck for you.” Jordan didn’t mind registering the truck for her.

“I’ll call an insurance company today than.” Raven figures she better gets insurance before Jordan goes to DMV tomorrow.

“If you need any help, Raven. Let me know.”

“Thanks, Jordan.” Raven heads to the locker room to change and goes back to work.

The rest of the afternoon she does several oil changes and brake jobs. By the time quitting time comes around. She was ready to go home and take a nice cold bath.

Raven helps the guys clean-up the garage and make sure all the cars waiting to be worked on were locked up. She had one that she had to work on tomorrow. It was a simple tune-up job. It wouldn’t take her long to do tomorrow.

Afterward, Raven rides home and when she gets home. She heads upstairs to her bedroom and strips out of her sweat soak clothes. She rubs under her breasts, where the sweat had collected. She grabs her robe and heads toward the bathroom and fills the tub up. Mrs. Mercer had
bought her some bath beads to add to her bathwater. She adds those and slips into the tub to relax.

up
326 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop

The news shows around here would love Ravens story, Therre would indeed be hell to pay, up to and including the federal level, I suspect the Republicans would be talking their normal BS.

Poor girl had

Samantha Heart's picture

It forced on her raped & dumped on & extorted. Now shes got the right people looking after her & things are starting to look up for her. I hope things keep getting better for her as time goes on.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Raven's Recovering

Daphne Xu's picture

Raven's recovering. Good thing she had skills, and knew how to show them and use them.

Will she ever reconnect with her family and pre-prison friends?

Will something reappear from her history that changes her life again?

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

The whole truth coming out

Jamie Lee's picture

Part of the truth has been revealed when Raven was shot, but the rest needs to be told to those who can put those involved behind bars or into tighter prisons while adding additional years to their sentences.

Raven's new PO is a godsend in providing the help she should have been getting in the first place. Then there's Mrs. Mercer and Jordan, two people who recognize a person in need of more help.

It would be good if Jordan did have his daughter look into Raven's case, a lot more heads might roll and Raven's record espunged.

Others have feelings too.