Heroes For Hire Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

Bureau Of Abnormal Research and Development:
James King was sound asleep in his quarters when the alarm starts beeping in his quarters. He reaches over towards the nightstand for his eyeglasses. He picks up his communicator “what’s the emergency?”

“We intercepted a radio message from a research medical lab in Kansas. It seems they have been performing illegal human experiments and the creatures they created have escaped.” Alice couldn’t believe that they didn’t know about this company conducting experiments.

“I’m on my way.” James gets up and heads to operations.

Cypher brings the security feed up of Graft Bioresearch. He puts the security feed up on the main screen. In a computer-generated voice “this is what I was able to recover from their security feed.”

James and a dark-skinned female Catwoman stand next to him. The two of them watch the escape of a humanoid, male bear person, a six-foot-tall golden hair woman, a young human girl, and a humanoid male White Heart Tiger.

“What do you make of them, Serina?” James glances to the Dark Female cat woman.

“I’ve never seen them before or heard rumors about them. Cypher, can you dig into that companies computers and find out who they are?”
Serina wanted to know if the company created them.

Cypher’s eyes glow as he starts infiltrating and searches through Graft Bioresearch computers. The alien computer part of him has no problem going through their firewalls and such. The human side of his body was trying to make sense of everything. He finally manages to comprehend the information. He puts it up on the main screen the information he managed to retrieve.

“I thought those items were destroyed or buried.” James looks at the advance medical tubes and test tubes that had been removed from Dr. Victor Evans secret lab.

“They must have found the dear doctor’s secret lab.” Serina couldn’t believe they found the dam lab. Her cousin Aesael said that she and her friend Ansger had sealed the place.

“That means the HSL gave them the location of it or they retrieved the equipment and sold it to the bioresearch company.” James was really starting to hate the HSL and the Hunter organization.

“Do you want me to contact Striker and his team?” Beverly turns around from her monitor to look towards James and Serina.

“Yes, but let me talk with him first.” James walks over towards his desk, while Beverly dails Striker’s number.

Striker’s Ranch:
Striker was in bed sound asleep when the phone in his bedroom starts ringing. He reaches over towards it “Hello?”

“Striker, this is James. I have a mission for you, Larka and Stacy. We have a code 7 situation.”

“Who created others like us?” Striker had turned on his bedside light.

“A bioresearch company in Kansas. Their creations managed to escape and are hiding out at an old hotel called the Royal. We don’t know what their abilities are yet, but just from the security footage, we got. The golden hair woman among them seems to be telekinetic, there’s a barman among them that seems to posse super strength, there’s a Tigerman and it seems he is the guardian of a young girl.” James was looking at the images on the main screen.

“Do you know what the Tiger person can do?” Striker had been writing down everything.

“Don’t know yet. Look, bring these people back to your ranch and be gentle with them. They have already been victimized and experimented
on. I don’t know if they volunteered for it or if it was forced on them.” James wanted Striker to use kid gloves with dealing with them.

“Alright, send the helicopter to the ranch to get us.” Striker gets up out of bed.

James nods to Serina to send Frank to pick Striker and his people up.

“It’s on the way, Striker. Good Luck.”

“Thanks.” Striker ends the phone call and goes to get Larka and Stacy.

Larka was passed out in his favorite chair in the living room. He had been watching an old war movie when Striker had gone to bed. There was a beer bottle dangling in his right hand.

“Larka, wake-up. We have a code 7.” Striker knew better than to try and shake Larka.

Larka snorts as his eyes opened. All the cuts he had come back with from the fight had been healed by Peyton.

“What are we dealing with now?” Larka stands up and slips his sword and gun belt on.

“A Bearman, a White Heart Tiger, a woman with telekinetic abilities and a young girl.”

“Who else is going with us?” Larka picks the beer bottle up that had been dangling from his hand while he was asleep and finish it off.

“Stacy is coming with us. Her abilities will come in handy.” Striker could understand why James was sending Stacy with them.

“You called?” Stacy comes walking through the sliding glass doors from outside.

“Yeah, I need you for a mission. Are you up to it?” Striker looks at Stacy.

“I’m game. I was just recharging my energies out in the moonlight.” Stacy loved the full moon that was high up in the sky.

After twenty minutes the helicopter lands in the back of the ranch. Striker, Larka, and Stacy head towards it.

The Royal Hotel a Few Days Earlier:
Sally looks at her new body and couldn’t believe she had been transformed into a huge Bearman. She was no longer a woman at all. It didn’t bother her too much, because she was tired of being raped and treated like shit on the streets. Now, she had the strength to fight back at her attackers.

She looks at the golden hair woman and couldn’t believe, she uses to be a man. He had been in the cell next to her’s when she heard screams coming from the cell.

“Enjoying your new body?” Sally had watched as the woman examined herself in front of the full mirror.

“Actually, yes. What was in those shots they gave us?” Roger couldn’t believe he had been turned into a beautiful woman.

He had a nice figure and pointed ears, like an Elf out of the Dungeon & Dragons game books he used to own. He looked just like the character he uses to play a long time ago. He also likes the fact that he had telekinetic abilities as well.

He looks over towards the sleeping little girl “I wonder what her abilities are and what she use to look like?”

“I don’t know, but I have to say I like my new self.” Bruce loved how he looked and was built.

He has always loved cats and admired their strength and agility. He would spend hours at the zoo watching them. The cat form he was turned into, was a cat he only has read about in books and on the computer.

“So, what do we do now?” Roger looks at the two guys standing near her.

“Well, for now. I think we should lay low. We were lucky to find this deserted hotel. We were also lucky that the thrift store we broke into didn’t have an alarm on their back door.” Bruce looks over towards the Bearman and the woman.

“True. I’m concerned about that child. She’s been unconscious since we escaped.” Roger walks over and checks the little girl.

She places her slender hand on the girl's forehead. Her forehead felt hot “I think she is running a fever. We need to bring her temperature down.”

“Well, it’s a good thing you managed to get the power and water running to this place.” Sally was glad that they had power and water.

“Let’s run a bath for her and dump some ice in it and see if that helps.” Roger scoops the young girl up and takes her to the nearest room to the lobby.

“While you're doing that. I’ll see about getting us some food.” Bruce heads towards the door.

“Be careful and don’t be seen.” Sally looks towards him.

“I will.” Bruce leaves the hotel and goes looking for a place to steal food from.

Roger goes about tending to the young girl. The girl did move when they put her into the cold water. After a few minutes, the girl's temperature starts to drop rapidly.

“It seems that this was what she needed.” Roger felt the girls head again and she was doing better.

An hour later, Bruce comes back with several boxes and bags of food. Roger and Sally look at him “where did you get all that?”

“There were several Walmart 18-wheelers parked and waiting to be unloaded. So, I went ahead and opened a few. Don’t worry, I got us a
bunch of box and cans items. I wasn’t sure about me and you. So, I got some fresh meat as well.” Bruce had looked towards Sally.

“Thanks. You know, we need to come up with new names for us.” Bruce didn’t know the names of the others.

“Let’s do that later.” Sally grabs a steak and bites into it.

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

When Striker

Samantha Heart's picture

And his team get there not only will the occupants be startled they will.most likely fight for survival not knowing Striker is there to help them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Striker's Team

That's why Larka and Stacy were sent. James is hoping that seeing Larka, that it might put them as ease. As for Stacy, well, we know she can't be touch, unless she wants to be and she is as deadly with her guns, as Striker and Larka are. Which, none of their guns will be loaded with real bullets.

James said to use kid gloves, which means rubber bullets only.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

So

I wonder where this series is going?