Heroes For Hire Chp. 4

Printer-friendly version

Stacy watches as the person she has been tracking walks out of his house and towards his car. She checks her watch and as the person drives off. She gets out of her car and makes her way over towards the house, sticking to the shadows for cover. She’s been tracking this person for the last several weeks.

Stacy concentrates and walks through the wall and appear on the other side of the locked door. She was still getting used to her new-found abilities. She searches throughout the house and stops when she comes to his office. The door was locked, she pulls her lockpicking tools out and manages to unlock the door and walk in.

Stacy spots his computer and sits down at his desk. It wanted a password to access it. She pulls out a small thumb drive and places it in the front USB slot on the computer. Stacy strikes a few keys on the keyboard and watches as the software on her thumb drive breaks the password. She pulls out another thumb drive and starts recording every file he has his computer.

While the files are transferring to the secondary thumb drive. She searches the room and finds his safe. Stacy pulls a few items out and manages to open the safe. Inside she finds several folders and a lot of money. There was also a package of a red-looking dust and a couple of vials of pinkish color liquid with some new needles stored inside. Along with the drugs, was a large collection of cash as well. She takes all of it and stores it in the backpack she had on.

Stacy closes the safe and walks back over to the computer. It had finished copying all the files on the hard drive, including any hidden files.
She cleans up her access and removes the thumb drives. She makes sure the computer is reset back to how she found it.

Stacy walks through the wall and appears outside the house. Luckily, she was still in the shadows when she appeared. She makes her way back to her car, using the shadows for cover. Once she arrives at her car, she heads back to where she was staying.

Stacy removes her hood, so as not to draw attention to herself. It was bad enough, that she had been born extremely pale with silver-white hair. Her skin was sensitive to light and would burn, if she wasn’t covered up. She also had an unusual eye color as well. She had bright violet eyes.

The doctors didn’t know why she had been born like she was. She was teased and picked on at school about her pale feminine looks. She didn’t get her abilities until recently. She had fallen through her bedroom wall when she tripped on a pair of her shoes.

She found herself outside in the rain in her underwear. She couldn’t figure out how she managed to fall through the wall. She managed to get back inside the house before her parents found out. It took her two weeks to learn how to use her abilities.

During that time, the person she had been tracking had paid her parents a visit several times. She didn’t know why he was visiting them, but the last time he came. There had been a big argument between her father and him.

A couple days later, while they were returning from the movies. A box truck had run a stoplight and plowed right into her parent’s car. Her abilities had saved her, but her parents had been killed by the impact. She thought she saw the man in the crowd watching what happened.

A few days later some men tried to kidnap her on her way home from school, but her abilities allowed her to escape. She set a trap for them and they took the bite. She saved two people to questioned to find out why they were after her.

The two people she saved to questioned didn’t know, all they knew they were to bring her in. She did find out who sent them. She wanted to know more about him.

She heads towards the mobile home she was living out of. No one knew where she was, and she changed locations every three days.

She pulls her car inside an abandoned car dealership garage she and a few friends use to hang out. The mobile home was hidden in the next bay over. Stacy gets out of her car and head inside her mobile home. She checks the security tapes to make sure no one has been around.

Stacy kept the original cameras and worked on them at night. She also got her hands on a few motion detectors set around the dealership. She walks into her mobile home and takes her cloak off. She removes her web belt and lay that on the table. She removes the skin-tight body suit she has on and her combat shoes.

Stacy grabs an oversized t-shirt to wear. She goes over to her laptop and looks at the files. Some of them she understood, while others she had no idea. She picks the vials up she took and wonder what they did. Why did he have them in the safe?

Stacy grabs a soda out of the refrigerator and drinks it. She continues to read through the files and emails. One email catches her interest. It was about a group of people. She looks at the pictures that were included. They showed pictures of several different people.

There was one of a half-wolf/half-man. Another one was of a young teenage girl, there was one of a lady with scars and finally one of a guy that looks like he was an outdoors person. There was one more that showed a tall muscular guy that had salt and pepper marine style haircut.
There was a dossier on each person in the file. All of them had medical records attached to their files. The name of the group was called The Black Watchmen. They were under the supervision of the Head of the Marshal of the United States Supreme Court. The leader of the group was a former Master Sergeant in the Marines. The files she had in her hand came from a department called Nightwatch.

According to what she finds on them. They are connected to the Department of Homeland Security. Their purpose is to track and record all supernatural creatures. If they deem the creature to be a danger to the public, they are to take them out.

She finds her file among the files she stolen. According to her file, her mother had been given a serum that came from a supernatural creature to breed a person with supernatural gifts. According to the doctor notes her genetic breakdown showed she had xxy. She was meant to be female, so they could breed her, but she had been born male with feminine features. As she continued to read the doctors notes, he makes a reference to the fact that she might be intersex, since her penis was extremely small, and her testicles haven’t dropped.

She reads the rest of his notes about her being sensitive to sunlight, the lack of pigmentation which causes her pale skin. As for her eyes, she hasn’t told anyone that she sees better at night, then she does during the day. If she isn’t wearing her cloak, she would need to wear a pair of sunglasses during the brightest hours of the day.

She continues to look through her notes, to see if she could locate where this group was located. So far, she hasn’t found it yet. As she continues to read through the paperwork, she spots a paragraph saying that Nightwatch suspects that The Black Watchmen might be operating out of Muldoon, Texas.

“Looks like I have a road trip ahead of me.” She closes the files and put them away in her hidden safe.

She checks the time and decides that she’ll leave in the middle of the night. She makes arrangement to secure the dealership building. She bought the building under a person she knew, that wouldn’t mind. She paid all the utilities and property tax on it. She even has a business license for the dealership.

Around midnight, she pulls out in her motorhome. She paid for it with the money left over from selling the house and from the insurance money. She left a couple of thousand in the bank under her name, which she knew was more than likely being watched. At another bank, she opened an account under her assumed name. She broke into social security and stole someone's Identity that was in a nursing home.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Okay, just a very minor

Okay, just a very minor question, if she has the ability to walk through or move through walls, why did she lock pick his locked office, just walk through the wall of it.
Wonder if she is going to be approached later to become a member if the US Marshal's team of "happy go-lucky" members, because of her newly found abilities? She would be a very good asset to have when tracking down bad guys and getting the drop on them.

Walk through walls

She felt that since she checked the door physically, she might as well pick the lock. Plus, she was trying not to rely on her abilities as well.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Re: Walk through walls

That does seem rather odd, to not use the ability once she was inside.

I suppose that she used it when entering the building to prevent anyone from seeing her, i.e., to avoid being visible while entering.

I would think, if I had an ability that was unusual, I would want to test it and find out just how useful it could be. I would also think that, with such an ability, I would want to make it stronger if that were possible, so I could use it more often without straining myself.

That's not to say that she wasn't smart to only use it outside. As I said initially, it just seemed odd to me to NOT use it inside.

If it were me, I'd go through

If it were me, I'd go through a door whenever possible myself. You never know what's on the other side of a wall, and she might not be THAT certain about the wall walking ability.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

In that vein, how do her

In that vein, how do her clothes pass through walls? from sweat in the fabric I'd guess.

I'd think of it as a field

I'd think of it as a field that covers everything she's touching, with a mental twist so she doesn't get too much of the floor under her feet.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.