Heroes For Hire Chp. 13

Printer-friendly version

Striker was looking over the file Stacy had brought with her when she joined the team. He finally has time to read it. As he is reading the file and realizing that everyone on his team was created for a reason. Jessie’s genes had been messed with while she was inside her mother’s womb. She was just like Stacy.

According to the file, the genetic material that was given to Larka had been infused with genetic material from some sort of supernatural creature. He saw that he had been given a drug cocktail of some sort. April’s file showed that her genetic material had been messed with and so had Peyton’s.

He leans back in his office chair and couldn’t believe what he just read. They purposely created everybody on his team, except Dr. Greene. Her abilities came from her Native American heritage. She came from a long line of shamans. The vials Stacy took with the liquid and needles attached to them, he had no idea what they did.

He holds one up and examines it. He reaches over to his cellphone and sends a text to Dr. Greene.

Den:
Dr. Greene, Jessie, Charlie, and Stacy were sitting around the table playing candy land. Dr. Greene had the day off from the clinic and wanted to spend time with Charlie. The mother and daughter relationship developing between them was growing stronger.

Larka was in the living room watching a football game. He had placed a bet on the outcome of the game. Jerry, April, and Peyton were out shopping for the house. Jerry was acting as a driver for the three of them.

Dr. Greene’s cellphone beeps letting her know a text message arrived. She picks it up and look at it and notices it was from Striker.

“Guys, Striker needs me for something. Why don’t you skip my go?” Dr. Greene gets up and heads back towards Striker’s office.

Charlie watches as her mother walk towards Striker’s office. She wonders what he wanted.

“Charlie, it’s your go.” Jessie had made her move.

“Okay.” Charlie draws a double pink card and moves her piece to the first one and then to the second one.

Striker’s Office:
“Enter.” As Striker hears a knocking sound coming from his door.

Dr. Greene enters Striker’s office and closes the door behind her. She looks at Striker and the file he had opened on his desk.

“What’s up to Richard? You interrupted a board game I was playing with my daughter.” Dr. Greene walks over and sits down in the leather chair in front of Striker’s desk.

“Have you ever come across something like this before?” Striker hands the vial to Hilary.

Hilary accepts it and looks at it. She had never seen anything like it before. She wonders what it was.

“What is it?”

“I have no idea. Stacy handed it over to me when she joined our team.” Striker was curious what the stuff did.

“I take it, that file was given to you by her as well?” Hilary puts the vial on the desk.

“Yep, it has information in it on all of us and what has been done to us.” Richard couldn’t believe that all of them have been modified/turned into what they were.

“What does it say about me?” Hilary was curious about what the government had on her.

“Not much. All they know about you is where you were born, your family members and what schools you attended. They don’t know about the gifts you received from your shaman family background.”

“Well, that’s good, I think. As for this stuff in the vial. I could take it down to medical and see what it is made of or have Jerry do it when he gets back.” She really wanted to spend more time with Charlie. She hasn’t been around much while Charlie has been recovering.

“Let Jerry handle it. That way you can spend more time with Charlie.” Richard knew Hilary wanted to spend time with her daughter.

“Sounds good to me. Now if you’ll excuse me. I have a game to get back too.” Hilary gets up and heads back to her daughter.

Graft Bioresearch, Manhattan, KS:
Lab technicians Lori Marshal and Jeff Miller couldn’t believe the shipment that came in. They had never seen anything like the chemicals and chambers that had been delivered to them. Their instructions were to analyze the equipment and figure out how it worked. Also, to figure out what type of chemicals had been delivered to them.

“What type of chemical do you think these things are?” Lori was holding a vial with some sort of purple fluid inside it.

“I don’t know. I like to know where these chambers were built. They are beyond anything we have today.” Jeff was examining the chambers that had been brought in. There had to be at least seven of them.

Lori puts the vial she had been holding back in the rack where several others are stored. She walks over towards the chambers and examines them as well. She notices that something plugged into them and it was missing.

“Hey Jeff, did you see this?” Lori points to an opening where it looked like something other than power connected to it.

Jeff walks over with some sort of flat screen control panel in his hand. He looks at the connections and the panel and hooks it up to it.

“That answers that question. All we need now is a power source and to fill it up.” Jeff steps back away from the chamber.

“What is it?” Lori was curious.

“Haven’t you seen Aliens before, Lori? These are sensory deprivation chambers that you can suspend a person in and do whatever medical
procedures you are going to do to the subject. It also has a spot where you can inject nanites into the subject.” Jeff had only seen these chambers in Sci-Fi movies.

He didn’t think someone had created these chambers. The medical technology involved in creating these things were cutting edge.

“What I would like to know, what have they been used for or on?” Lori knew that they dealt with a lot of cutting-edge stuff, but why were these things sent to them?

“Who knows, but I would like to know who built them.” Jeff was practically drooling at the mouth.

“Can’t you figure that out?” Lori was inventorying the chemicals they had received.

“Yeah! All I have to do is open the chambers up and see what serial numbers are on the circuit board, unless.” Jeff plugs his tablet into the USB port on the flat screen and initiates a diagnostic of the chamber and flat screen unit.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmmm i think

Samantha Heart's picture

More mutants are in the making if my guss is correct.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Haven't mentioned

It before, but I love that name! GRAFT Bioresearch! Seriously?!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin