Heroes For Hire Chp. 10

Printer-friendly version

Larkin spotted Striker, Jerry and Peyton moving towards him. They were sticking to the shadows and moving quickly. He kept his eyes on the snipers in the windows and the ones on the roof.

Peyton and Jerry move when Striker moves. They stayed on his heels as they moved with Striker.

They finally make it to Larkin’s position without being spotted. Peyton stands in the shadows along with Larkin, Jerry, and Striker.

“Striker, do we have permission to take the guards out?” Stacy and Jessie had split up to take the terrorist guarding the students out at the same time.

As for the ones patrolling the hallways, Jessie would take them out. After she takes out the ones guarding the students.

“Go, ahead and take your targets out. I and Larkin will take out the snipers. Jerry and Peyton are going to make an exit for the students and teachers.” Striker and Larkin would handle the snipers and the terrorist on the roof.

“Okay, we’re starting our attack now.” Stacy becomes solid and fires her guns at two of the guards hitting them in their heads.

The third guard turns around and fires his AK at her. He watches as the bullets go straight through the woman and hit the wall behind her. He
couldn’t believe what he was seeing as the woman in the dark cloak kept walking towards him.

Stacy smiles as she grabs one of his grenades. She pushes it into his chest and let go of it as she pulls the pin.

“Bye, Bye!” As an evil smile appears on her cloaked covered face.

The terrorist explodes as the grenade goes off inside his body. Stacy looks at the screaming kids “Quiet down or you're going to bring the others out in the hallway, in here. Teachers get these students under control.” Stacy walks towards the main entrance to the gym and sticks her head out to see if anyone was coming.

Stacy doesn’t spot anyone coming to investigate the explosion. She pulls back and walks over towards the kids and teachers.

“Does anyone need medical attention?” Stacy had a basic medical kit with her.

One of the older teachers stand up and walk over to Stacy. Mrs. Gregory didn’t know who this young woman was, but she was glad that she had come when she did. One of the men had been eyeing one of her female students.

“Everyone is okay, but there are some other teachers and students that got hurt and were left in a classroom with those that had been killed.” Mrs. Gregory hopes they were alright.

“We’ll get to them as soon as the school is secure. Now, I need for you to get everyone ready to leave as soon as I hear from my team leader.
Also, do any of the teachers have any military experience?” Stacy was thinking about letting them have the AK’s.

“Yes, there are a few who do.” Mrs. Gregory motions for them to come forward.

“Good, take the guns and get ready to help out if we need it.” Stacy was waiting to hear from Striker.

Cafeteria:
Jessie heard the command to start her attack on the terrorist guarding the kids in the cafeteria. A playful smile appears on Jessie’s face as she flies towards one of the guards and sends an electrical charge through his grenade bandoleer. Just as she flies off, the bandoleer explodes, killing the terrorist. The other two turn around and gets guts and bloody body parts on them. Some of the kids sitting nearby, get some blood on them. Jessie heads towards her next target and sends an electrical charge into his ear, causing his head to explode.

The last guy was looking around for whoever caused his partners head to explode and the explosion of his other partner. He sees a little bug fly up to his eyes and the next thing he knows. He is lying on the floor and seeing bright dots.

Jessie flashed her electrical burst and causes the guy to fall to the floor on his back. She grows while standing on his chest. Jessie removes one of his grenades and stuffs it in his mouth while pulling the pin.

“Pop goes the weasel.” As she shrinks and flies away.

The man's head explode as the grenade goes off. She regrows and looks at everyone.

“Please stay seated. We’re here to free you. I need the instructors among you to keep all the students here. We haven’t removed the bombs
on the doors yet.” Jessie shrinks and leaves the cafeteria.

She was going after the roaming guards. Jessie flies out and goes hallway hunting for the two roaming guards. She flies up behind one and sends an electrical charge through his body, setting off the grenades.

Jessie flies backward from the shock wave as she tries to recover. She spots what was left of both men laying on the floor splatter against the floor, ceiling and the hallway walls. She grows to her full height.

“Guards down. Time for you guys to join us.” Jessie’s body hurt from the explosion.

“Did you take out the sniper in the front?” Larkin didn’t care if they did or didn’t.

“No, we didn’t take them out.” Stacy had cut in on the conversion.

“Don’t worry about it. We’ll handle it.” Larkin picks his rifle up and switches the scope to thermal.

Larkin takes aim and starts firing at the snipers in rapid sensation. He takes the rear snipers out and jumps from the tree he was into the wall and then through the open window, the sniper had been hiding. He rushes out of the room and starts taking out the other snipers at the front of the school.

Gunshots could be heard as Larkin shot the other snipers. He just runs by the room and pops them

Just as Larkin had fired, Striker tosses up onto the roof, two specialty grenades that explode, sending spikes in all directions. The spikes kill the four terrorists on the roof. He follows Larkin into the school through the same window.

Jerry looks at Peyton “she’ll we join our comrades?”

“Let’s.” Peyton follows behind Jerry as he walks up to the back-gate door and turns it to dust.

When they get to the emergency exit door of the school “Stacy said there’s a bomb attached to this door.”

“No problem.” Jerry places his hand on it and turns it to dust as well.

“One down and several more to go.” Peyton follows behind Jerry.

Larkin and Striker clear the second floor. They meet up with Peyton and Jerry down in the main hall. A few seconds later, Jessie joins them.

“Where’s Stacy?” Peyton was curious where she was.

“She’s still in the gym with the kids and students in there.” Jessie had grown to her full height.

“Alright, Jerry and I will go there to help her out. Larkin goes to the Cafeteria and wait for Jerry and me to show up. Jessie, take Peyton to that room you found with the dead and injured bodies.” Striker watches as Larkin, Peyton and Jessie head walk off.

“Come on Jerry, let’s go and free the kids in the gym.” Striker and Jerry head towards the gym.

Stacy was watching the instructor that grabbed the guns. She knew the kids were ready to go home.

“Stacy keep everyone away from the door. We’re getting ready to disarm it.” Strikers voice comes over the wrist radio.

“You’re all clear, Striker.” Stacy looks towards the kids.

“Everyone, get ready to leave the gym.” Stacy hopes the kids in the cafeteria were alright.

The kids and instructor’s in the gym line-up on either side of Stacy. They were ready to go home and being with their parents and loved ones.

“Do it, Jerry.” Striker watches as Jerry turns the door to the gym to dust.

He did take a picture of the bomb before Jerry changed it. He and Jerry were a safe distance away just in case the bomb went off. As soon as
the door was dust, they could see Stacy and the students and instructors on the other side.

Striker informed the SWAT commander that the students and staff were free. Him and Jerry head over where Larkin was waiting for them.
“It’s all yours now, Jerry.” Larkin steps aside to let Jerry do his job.

Jerry concentrates on the door and bomb and watches as it turns to dust. Jessie flies into the cafeteria and grows to her full height.

Okay, people its time to leave this place.” Jessie watches as the kids and instructors that were in there leave.

Jerry turns the front door of the school into dust, so SWAT and medical personnel could come in and help. Jerry finds Peyton helping a few people that had been taken to a room where the dead had been put.

“How are they?” Jerry kneels to help Peyton with a woman.

“They will live but are going to need major surgery.” Peyton finishes patching up the person she was helping.

The medical personnel that came with SWAT comes in to help Peyton with the injured she found. She watches as the dead are placed in clear coffins Jerry makes for them.

“Looks like the plan went the way you planned, Striker.” Stacy walks up and stands next to Larkin and Striker.

“Everything doesn’t always go like I plan, Stacy.” Striker knows they were lucky.

“I’m going to go and check and see if there are anyone living on the roof.” Jessie shrinks and flies off.

“So, what do we do now?” Stacy looks towards Striker.

“We head back home till we’re needed again.” Striker goes looking for the Commander of the SWAT team to talk with him.

“Come on newbie, let's see what Jessie has for us.” Larkin starts heading towards the roof.

Jessie reaches the roof and finds all four men either dead or seriously injured. The ones that needed medical help. She electrocutes them, to put them out of their misery.

Stacy and Larkin climb up to the roof and spot Jessie walking around and looking at the men Striker killed. Larkin had seen what those special grenades of Strikers could do.

“Anyone still alive?” Larkin could smell the ozone from the electricity Jessie generates.

“Nope, all dead.” Jessie just stood and look at the dead men.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Just rewards

Jamie Lee's picture

That none of the terrorists left the school alive was their just reward. Had those in the school only been adults some may have been taken alive. But because the majority were children, that sparked an anger which resulted in the death of all the terrorists.

Others have feelings too.

Terrorists have no rights

It's a kill on sight death penalty for them, no matter what they did to who. They signed their death warrants when they demanded other terrorists be freed. If they hadn't harmed a hair on the head of any of their captives they still had a death warrant on them. You don't try to help a rabid dog, you kill it.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin