Heroes For Hire Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

Stacy was pissed as she came limping into the kitchen several days later. She saw Larka having a beer for breakfast.

“Your lucky my guns are in my room, Larka. You didn’t have to push me out of the plane the other day.” Stacy hobbles over towards the refrigerator to grab some orange juice.

“You wouldn’t jump, so I had to give you a push.” Larka had an evil smile on his face. He enjoyed pushing Stacy out of the plane.

Jessie comes walking into the kitchen in a baby doll outfit she wore to bed last night. She was a little sunburn from staying out in the sun the other day. She grabs a juice from the refrigerator and sits down at the kitchen table.

“How’s your ankle this morning, Stacy?” Jessie looks at their newest member.

They had gone to a private jump school in Florida to learn how to jump from an airplane and how to use winged suits. They were up in the plane, getting ready to make their first jump when Stacy refused to jump. Since Larka was the one training them, he tossed her out of the plane.

Stacy looks over towards Jessie as she picked at a muffin. Jessie landed fine, but Stacy twisted her ankle when she landed.

“It still hurts. If it wasn’t hurting so much, I would kick Larka for throwing me out of the plane.” Stacy gives Larka a dirty look.

“You should have jumped when I told you too.” Larka looks over towards Stacy.

“That didn’t give you the right to toss me out of the airplane.” Stacy hated the feeling of falling and not being able to do anything about it.

“Guys, Striker wants everyone in the situation room.” Jerry had been told by Striker to get everyone and bring them to the situation room.

“What’s the situation room?” Stacy looks at everyone as they start leaving the kitchen right away.

“It’s our main conference where we go over the details of a mission.” Jessie finishes her juice and follows everyone.

Stacy hobbles after Jessie towards the situation room. As she enters it, she notices that the door for it was concealed. She had passed it several times since coming to live with everyone.

As she walks in there was a huge table with folders in front of assign seats. She watches as everyone takes their seat.

“You’re sitting over here, Stacy.” Jessie points towards a seat on the other side of Peyton.

Striker watches as everyone takes a seat. The assignment they have just been given was time sensitive and needed a swift response.

“Alright people, we have a nasty one here. The students of Carmel College in Concord, Massachusetts are being held hostage by an unknown number of terrorists.They are holding the staff and the students as hostage. They have threatened to kill the kids and the staff if certain prisoners we aren't releasing.” Striker shows a picture of the building.

“How old is the building?” Peyton wanted to know how long it has been around.

“According to the records we have on it, since 1915. It underwent renovation back in 2000.” Striker double checked the figures.

“How many students and staff our we are looking at?” Larka wanted to know how many innocents were at stakes.

“Six hundred students and fifty staff, that we know of.”

“Why did they take that school?” Stacy was curious about that.

“Because several prominent congressmen children attend that school. If I am right, they are going to use the congressmen children as
leverage to get what they want. If they don’t, they will kill off the children.” Striker wouldn’t let that happen.

“Is the school single gender or mix gender?” Jerry looks towards Striker.

“Mix gender. Also, they have four transgender students enrolled there as well.”

“How long before we leave and what’s the plan?” Peyton wonders what they were going to do.

“As soon as we end this meeting. The chopper is on its way and once we get there, we'll need to get eyes inside the building. Jessie and Stacy, you’re going in to scout the place out and to give us eyes as well. The school has a closed camera system, so I want you to try to tap into their system. Jerry, I’ll need for you to make an exit for us. Larka and I will take on the terrorist. Peyton, I’ll need for you to provide medical attention to anyone who needs it.”

“How are we getting there?” Stacy was curious about that.

“We’re being dropped five miles out and going in under darkness.” Striker has already made some plans.

“We have a problem Striker, my ankle is still sprained.” Stacy didn’t want to go into combat, with her ankle still sprained.

“Don’t worry about your ankle, Stacy. I got you covered.” Jerry looks over towards her.

“Thanks.”

“Alright, suit up and gear out. Larka, bring flash and smoke grenades.” Striker wanted to keep the kill count down.

“Gotcha you, boss.” Larka heads towards the armory to pack what equipment they were going to need.

Stacy heads towards her bedroom to change into her black leather bodysuit and boots. There was a knock at her bedroom door.

“Come in.” Stacy looks up to see who was coming in.

Jerry walks into Stacy’s bedroom. He glances around and notices she was still making it her own space. He walks over towards her “can you slip your boot on?”

“Yes, but it still won’t matter.” Stacy slips her boot over her bandaged-up ankle.

“Stand up please.” Jerry holds his hand out for her to grab for support.

Stacy grabs Jerry’s hand pull herself up off her bed. She feels him tightening his grip on her hand.

“What are you doing, Jerry?” She feels her hand start to become warm.

“You’ll see.” Jerry concentrates and sends his power towards Stacy.

His power surrounds Stacy’s body and start changing the properties of her leather bodysuit and boots. The boots become more supportive.

“There, that should do it. Your bodysuit is bullet resistant now and your boots will support your sprained ankle.” Jerry had a pleasant smile on his face.

“Thanks.” Stacy felt the difference in her boots.

“Don’t thank me yet. The bullets won’t penetrate your suit, but you will feel them when they hit your body. There’s not much I can do about that.” Jerry has tried several times to make a suit that was bullet and kinetic resistant.

“I also changed your motorcycle helmet. It’s bullet resistant and it will allow you to see in the dark and communicate with us.” Jerry had changed Stacy’s helmet yesterday.

“Thanks Jerry.” Stacy places a kiss on Jerry’s cheek.

Ten minutes later a black helicopter lands behind the house. Striker and his team head out towards it. April and Charlie watches as they head towards the helicopter.

Charlie looks up at April “are they going to be alright?”

“They should be fine. It takes a lot to kill Striker and Larka.” She hugs Charlie next to her.

Dr. Greene was at work again, but Charlie knew she loved her. When Dr. Greene wasn’t working, they would spend plenty of bonding time together.

They watch as the helicopter takes off and flies off. April knew that Striker and his team were being taken to a private airfield, where a blackout VTOL jet cargo transport was waiting for them.

As they land, Stacy notices a weird looking black transport plane waiting for them. She has never seen or heard of any type of plane like it before.

“Okay, I’m not even going to ask, but where did you guys find a VTOL cargo transport plane.” As they start walking towards the aircraft.

“It’s a gift from Lockheed Martin. They abandoned the project several years ago. I learned about it and bought the plane. I had some aircraft mechanic friends of mine get it up and operational.” Striker climbs aboard.

“We can land this bird in a large parking lot.” Larka sits next to Striker.

Once everyone is loaded up. The plane takes off and heads towards their destination.

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It is going to be

interesting how the more mundane members perform.