Going Home Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Monkey Wrench:
Vicky and Jexa helped with the unloading of the cargo they had been hired to bring to Vesta V. The Ailuro carrier was providing protection for the planet, while a defense station was being brought in. The citizens that had been rounded up and put in the transport ships were back planetside and rebuilding.

Once the Monkey Wrench was unloaded. Vicky and Jexa took it to the location of the destroyed carriers and destroyers. They were doing salvage work to replenish the missiles Vicky had to fired and to see what other goodies might be there.

Jexa was out in her space suit, while Vicky handled the Monkey Wrench. She was scanning the debris field locating the ships they wanted to go aboard.

“Jexa, check out these coordinates.” Vicky sends the coordinates to Jexa onboard computer system.

Jexa checks the coordinates and engages her thruster pack. She spots the hull of an Orgaian destroyer.

“Found it, Vicky. I’m going aboard to see what missiles are still left.” Jexa makes her way inside the Destroyer.

“Roger Jexa.” Vicky keeps watching on the sensors, making sure Jexa doesn’t head into any areas with heavy radiation readings.

Jexa goes through the departments till she comes to the weapon magazine. She looks around and spots several missiles that they could use to replace what they had used.

“Hey Vicky, I found gold for us. Sending over transport coordinates.” Jexa sends the location of the missiles she found.

“Alright, receiving coordinates.” Vicky inputs them into the transport station and beams over the missiles.

“I also found a few more items you might be interested in, Vicky.” Jexa found several advance power armor units that the Orgaian shock troops use for a ground assault.

“Vicky, I have more items for you to beam over to our cargo holds.” Jexa puts their tags on the items.

“Alright, beaming the items over.” Vicky locks onto Jexa signal and beams her over as well.

Jexa feels the tingling sensation of the Monkey Wrench transport beam as it gathers around her body, setting the fur on her body on end. One minute she is in deep space and the next she is aboard the Monkey Wrench in the cargo hold. She deactivates the life support force field unit and takes it off to recharge it.

“I hate that beamer of ours. It always puffs out my fur, every time I use it.” Jexa takes a brush out to brush her fur flat.

Vicky suppresses a smile as she watches her partner brush her fur down. She couldn’t believe that Jexa’s people resembled Earth skunks in humanoid form. They didn’t have the stunk sacs/spray.

“Why don’t you use the spray I got you?”

“Because it doesn’t work when I use the beamer.” Jexa finishes up brushing her fur back down.

“Alright, we need to head back to Upolu Station and see what new jobs they have for us.” Vicky and Jexa head back towards the cockpit to head towards Upolu Station.

Viminacium Command Bridge:
Captain Vellutus had received orders to stay in the system and protect Vesta V colony. The space tug Arthur Foss was transporting a retired defense platform from the mothball fleet to the system. It was fifty years out of date, but the engineering crew they were sending to get it up and operational were upgrading the systems on it.

“Lisa, what is the Monkey Wrench doing?”

“It’s going through the destroyed ships, sir. Captain Vicky is doing salvage work. I got confirmation she has already delivered the supplies she was hired too.”

“Very well. Send a recovery team out to the Carriers and the Destroyers and retrieve whatever information they can from their computer systems.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Lieutenant Frost gather your recovery team and prepare to head out for information recovery.”

“Roger, Lisa.”

Ensign Arreola had been called down to the shuttle bay and was told to start prepping a shuttle for the recovery team. Her friend Ensign
Spriggs was prepping shuttle 6 to take the secondary recovery team. Once the recovery team show up and board. Shuttle 6 and shuttle 43 launch and head for the damage ships to recover what they could.

“Any word from the Arthur Foss, Alice?” Captain Vellutus looks towards his communication officer.

“Yes, sir. Their ETA is 3 hours out. They need to be careful while pulling the Defense Platform through hyperspace.”

“Alright, let me know when they arrive.” Captain Vellutus leaves the bridge and heads down towards his quarters. Originally, he had helped in designing and building of the Viminacium and her support ships. They were meant to escort all the humans that had been kidnap and turned into slaves back to Earth.

However, all that changed after meeting the Ailuro’s. The other Empire that they had never heard of had kidnap humans or bought them on the slave market. On top of that, Earth wasn’t what any of them remember it use to be and they weren’t ready or prepared for the trouble that
might come their way.

The information Lisa and her husband gathered while they were there. Proved that the governments of Earth weren’t ready for the type of technology they possess. They let stupid, arrogant people and religion rule them. If they had the technology he had under his command, they would destroy each other.

He walks over towards his bar and fixes himself a glass of Phoenix whiskey. Once he downs the whiskey, he fixes himself another glass and sits down to go over the reports from his First Officer. She was planetside with several engineering teams helping to rebuild.

PlanetSide:
Lieutenant Commander Baskey was planetside with her away team overseeing the reconstruction of the colony. Several engineering teams from Viminacium were working hard to rebuild what the Orgaian Empire had destroyed. So, far they have managed to get the power center and water flowing again. The water treatment centers that had been damaged we're going to take longer. Several of the main halls were acting as temporary living centers, while reconstruction was going on.

“Lieutenant Commander Baskey, we’ve managed to get the communication systems up and running. Now we can reach the Viminacium and the Defense Station once it is operational.” Ensign Marston hands her tablet over to Baskey.

Baskey accepts the tablet and looks over it. Getting the communication system up and running was important, along with getting places where people could live. So, far things were going according to plan. Baskey decides to test the communication array. She sends a message from the tablet up to Viminacium.

A reply message is sent back to her from communications aboard the ship.

“Looks good Ensign.” Baskey hands the tablet back.

Marston accepts it and runs off to tell her team.

A smile appears on Baskey’s face as she watches Marston runoff. She remembers when she first joined the fleet. She had been a house servant for one of the local Governors on Vordan. She was born on Vordan and then sold off to be raised in the household she would serve, till she was sold or died. The Governor and his wife made sure she understood her status among their slaves.

The slave master had his way with her when she started her first cycle, and if she resisted his advances, she would be punished. Everything from whipping to her rations cut. He would knit pick her work, so the house manager would punish her.

When Captain Trejo personally freed her. She had no idea what she was going to do. She never knew what freedom felt like. So, she joined the fleet under Captain Trejo. When Captain Vellutus started to gather Captain’s and ships to head back to Earth. She did everything she could to help.

up
181 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos