Going Home Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

Susan and her human partner sat at their spot at the conference table. They had been called by the council for a special mission. Captain
Jollus comes walking into the conference room.

Susan and her human partner, Jackal stands at attention and salute him.

“Please sit.” Captain Jollus takes his chair and looks at Susan and Jackal.

“The reason I have summoned the two of you here. Is, I have an important mission for your team. It has been determined that we need a surveillance team down on Earth. The Draconic Empire has been sending slavers down to Earth recently and we need to put a stop to it. On top of that, our surveillance unit from outpost Deep Space Observation Station 779 has been picking up unusual energy readings on Earth. The problem is, every time they have tried to get a lock on the object. It disappears and reappears sometimes later.”

“What do you want us to do, Captain? Do you want us to make contact with whoever or whatever that object is?” Susan was curious.

“Determine what the object is and if you can make contact, do so. Also, it seems the Draconic Empire is working with a bunch of humans on Earth. I want you and your team to locate them and eliminated them.” Captain Jollus hated humans that worked with the Draconic Empire.
Susan and Jackal were surprised the Captain was giving elimination orders.

What they knew of him, he wasn’t the type to order his people to shoot anyone. She was going to stick out like a sore them with her bluish coloring and spaded tail. Jackal and Klang would blend in and so would Ezri, if she covered up her cybernetic implants. The Draconic Empire replaced three-quarters of her body with cybernetic implants. Moya, well she was going to have to use a holographic imager. She was a member of the Ailuron people and look like a mutated house cat.

“Is there anything else you want us to do, captain?”

“Yes, try to keep your existence to the general populous secret. I don’t think the natives on Earth can handle the fact that you are there and that some of you are aliens.” Captain Jollus remembered reading Lisa’s and Henry’s report.

Both of them concluded that Earth wasn’t ready to receive advance technology, because the leaders of the different countries were set on destroying each other and that some of the leaders were morons. Plus, they let their religious beliefs and intolerance rule them. Giving them advance technology would be bad.

“When do you want us to leave Captain?”

“As soon as your team is assembled, and supplies have been loaded onto your scout ship. Henry and Lisa suggest these places might be good to set up your base camp. Also, all the information we have will be upload to your computers.” Captain Jollus dismisses Susan and Jackal.

“I wonder why Captain Jollus choose our team to go to Earth?” Jackal had been quiet while the Captain had been given them their orders.

“It must have been because Lisa and Henry recommended us.” Susan walks beside her Husband Jackal as they headed towards their other team members.

Normally, she wouldn’t have married outside her race, but she loved Jackal very much. She had her reproductive organs changed, so she could carry a human baby. The men of her race carried the baby inside them after the women impregnated them.

Susan calls her team members together. Once all of them show up.

“We got a job, people. We’re doing a seek and destroy mission, while also doing surveillance job.”

“That doesn’t sound like fun.” Moya looks at Susan and Jackal.

“Sorry Moya, it isn’t. That’s just the tip of the troubles we will be facing. You’re going to have to wear holo imager.”

‘I guess that means I will have to also?” Ezri looks towards her leaders.

“You’re lucky, yours is built into your cybernetics. I have to wear that damn collar that conceals me.” Moya hated the blasted thing.

“So, what is the mission?” Klang looks at Susan for an answer.

“First part of the mission is to set up a base we can operate of. The second part is to find out what humans are working with the Draconic
slavers and put a stop to their actions. The third part of our mission is to locate a mysterious energy source. We can make contact with it and hopefully we can see if it is willing to work with us.” Susan wonders who or what they will encounter.

“So, when do we leave?” Moya had some ideas of which of her weapons she wanted to take with her.

“As soon as our scout ship is loaded up. So, if there are any last-minute things you want to do. I would go ahead and do them now.” Susan
knew she wanted to take care of some things before they left.

She heads down to medical to have a birth control device installed in her body. She didn’t want to accidentally get pregnant while they were on Earth. Captain Jollus didn’t tell them how long they would be there. So, if they were going to be stationed on Earth for a while. She didn’t want to have an accidental birth.

Klang and Jackal supervised the loading of their scout shuttle. They were taking enough supplies to set up a surveillance outpost and parts for Ezri, just in case, she gets damage. Klang looks over towards Jackal.

“Do you know what Earth is like?”

“Nope, all I know about it is in the report Lisa and Henry did. The moon outpost is sending reports to us, but they don’t have any from planet side. Only Lisa’s and Henry’s report have images from the planet.” Jackal had gone and talked with them. They had some extra images they hadn’t turned over.

“So, how backward is it?”

“Let’s just say, the highest technology level they have, isn’t equal to anything of ours and they still use internal combustion engines to get around.”

“Oh boy, this should be fun.”

The two of them work getting the scout ship loaded and once everything was loaded and the crew takes their seats. Susan and Jackal take off and punch in the coordinates for Earth.

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Unusual energy readings

WillowD's picture

I wonder if the unusual energy readings on Earth are from the star ship Ghost in Travel Through Time and Space.

We'll see. Eventually.

some of the leaders were morons

So no new tech, Another black mark against The Orange One I take it.

Orange is the new black?

Some Day

Just think, someday people are going to read this and wonder who the h**l we are talking about. Just like the current generation does when they see a reference to "Tricky Dick".


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

where and when to get slaves

Great work
if I was a 2 dimensional Alien slave trader bad guy looking for slaves on earth and had a time machine where and when would I go?

Roman empire or any ancient civilization.
Slave labour during the building of the Great wall in China.
Cromwellian war in Ireland (1649–530 and the years after it. good for buying indentured servants to make in to slaves. Some of Cromwellian's army working with the aliens would make great bad guys.
Barbary pirates 16th to 19th century
Irish famine 1845-1847
Antebellum south good for slaves and bad guys
Congo and Peru rubber plantations early 1900
Armenian genocide ww1
Soviet gulags or Ukrainian famine 1930s
Any of Stalin's purges. Lavrentiy Beria would make a great bad guy selling slaves
katyn massacre (The massacre was prompted by NKVD chief Lavrentiy Beria's proposal to execute all captive members of the Polish officer corps, dated 5 March 1940, approved by the Politburo of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, including its leader, Joseph Stalin. The number of victims is estimated at about 22,000).
Concentration/slave labour camps and pow camps in ww2 so many died no one would miss a few Heinrich Himmler head of SS makes a great bad guy selling slaves and lining his own pockets.
German 6th army Stalingrad 95,000 captured only 4,500 returned to Germany alive. Nice irony of making Nazis in to slaves by alien master race.
West Bengal famine 1943
The killing fields of Cambodia
Bosnian war 1990s
Rwanda civil war.
Congo in the years after the Rwanda civil war
Refugee camps any time in human history.

and many more

With the above list you should get a good mixture of slaves of all types and cultures to chose from to add colour to the story.
I think the slavers might make quick hops between the different time periods and places to make them harder to trace and provide more choice for their customers.
A Roman Gladiator might make an interesting slave.

There are so many chances to exploit human misery in Earth's past.

Evil Smile

Current humans in the story

Where do you think the current humans came from in the story? Their ancestors were kidnapped off Earth for centuries. The current Earthlings were thinking about going back to Earth until they were asked to join another culture. However, after Lisa and her husband visited Earth. They determined the current governments would blow each other up.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Maybe some Area 51 tech?

GothicRancher's picture

Maybe it is just a guess but maybe someone is salvaged tech from Area 51 or some other black site? Then again I could be wrong and it could be a bunch of anthro space squirrels just trying to find a place to hide their nut stash.

Above all else to thyne own self be true!

so many bad ideas throughout history

GothicRancher's picture

One could almost wonder if some of histories genocidal dictators would have sold off the undesirables around them had they had the opportunity. Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin to name just a very few. So many have been killed for just being different or disagreeing with others. In case one is curious here is a link to some really nasty people and the numbers they killed.

https://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

So many hate filled and hurtful people who have no regard for others. Admittedly ya can't like or get along with everyone but live and let live. Just because I do not like something doesn't mean I am going to make any others give it up or kill them.

Above all else to thyne own self be true!