Going Home Chapter 18 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Several weeks had gone by after Moya and Susan had freed the humans that had been captured. Their base was up and running. Ezri was on duty monitoring the communication probe they had sent out when it stopped transmitting. She checks the controls, trying to figure out what caused it to go dead as it did.

She presses the communication button “Susan, Jackal you better come to the command room.”

“What’s the problem, Ezri?” Susan was in the training gym when she received the message.

“We lost our communication probe. It just went dead, and I can’t contact it or locate it.”

"Alright, we're on our way." Susan and Jackal come walking into the command room. They walk over towards Ezri “okay, what happened before we lost contact with it?”

“I managed to send our operational status to the moon base and they are keeping their sensors trained on any alien vessels coming and going from Earth. They are still having a problem detecting that one abnormally that pops up occasionally. They also said that the energy reading they had been picking up in Emery County, Utah hasn’t changed any.”

“Alright, since Moya is already out in the field investigating a lead. Send her the coordinates to check the location out.” Susan knew Moya could handle the job.

“Doing it as we speak.” Ezri sends the last known coordinates of the probe to Moya.

Back Country of Utah:
Moya was tracking down the human smugglers that have been rounding up runaways and the homeless to sell off-world. The group responsible was a militia group that was known to be prejudice and gun-happy. Most of the members were scruffy, big belly red necks that
have a problem with immigrants coming up from Mexico and such. She had tracked them back to their main compound.

She also located several of their holding pens where they took the runaways, homeless and immigrants they were going to sell. She managed to mine one and was working on the second one when her communicator starts beeping.

“What do you want, Ezri?” Moya places the charge she had to blow and collapse the building she was at.

“I need you to go and check on our communication probe. I’ve lost contact with it.”

“How did you lose contact with our probe?” Moya sets the last explosive and moves away from the building.

“Don’t know. It just stopped responding to commands from here. It isn’t even sending a location or distress signal out.” Ezri had tried everything she could to get anything from it.

“Alright, I’ll go to the location, after blowing this place up.” Moya stands back before she presses the trigger.

“Alright, let us know what you find.” Ezri sits back in her chair.

Susan and Jackal just kept watching the main screen. It showed where Moya was and what she was doing. The next thing they see is Moya walking towards her motorcycle. Behind her, an explosion goes off.

“She loves blowing stuff up.” Susan knew how much fun Moya has.

“That she does.” Jackal had to agree with his wife.

Moya gets on a motorcycle she bought a few weeks back and head towards the coordinates. Next to Susan, she was the team's trackers/scout. Not only that, but she was also a weapons master. That meant, she was could use any weapon without any problems. The only other person that was better than her was Ezri and Klang.

They were the heavy weapons experts. Susan and her husbands were pilots and planners. She guns the motorcycle and within thirty minutes she arrives at the coordinates. The sun was coming up as she parks her motorcycle and starts looking around.

She spends ten minutes to twenty minutes searching for the place. She finds a set of footprints that lead to where the probe had rested on the ground. The footsteps she found, were about human women’s size.

Susan and her husband were watching everything “someone came and picked the probe up. The thing is, how did they manage to cut it off, without a kill code?”

“I would like to know as well.” Ezri was curious.

“Guys, whoever took the probe, knew what they were doing.” Moya follows the footsteps back to the highway.

“Alright, come on back home.” Susan figures, they will wait until the probe is turned back on to locate it.

“Alright, coming back to base.” Moya puts her helmet on and mounts her motorcycle.

Susan looks at her husband “another mystery for us to unravel.”

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos