Going Home Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Klara wakes-up and looks around her. She could tell she was in some sort of medical bay. She tries to move, but there was some sort of neural inhibitor that was preventing her from transmitting commands to her limbs.

She tries to figure out where she was. If she had been found by the Draconic Empire, her body would already be deconstructed. She spots a human doctor walking in. He had some gray in his hair and looked handsome.

Dr. Hawkins walks over to the person they found in a medical stasis pod. The body itself was a highly advanced android body. It was still more advanced than anything they had today. They had done a scan of the body and discovered it had an actual human spirit inside it.

It was like how the Theocratic Systems Masters would take a humanoid and turn them into bio-organic robots. How they did it, was by completely wiping the memory of the host body and slowly replacing their organic limbs and other body parts. They kept the brain in tack but programmed it like it was a computer until the person was completely gone. If they had their original eyes, you could see it.

The technology to transfer a person’s spirit into an android body was still new. Whoever did the construction of the body and transfer the spirit had to be a genius.

“Where am I and why can’t I move?” Klara didn’t like being paralyzed.

“You’re aboard the Viminacium and I am Doctor Hawkins. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your name and why were you in the medical stasis pod?”

“I’m Klara Swansong and I put myself in the stasis pod, after waiting for someone from the Federation to get back to her. I’ve been sending a signal to them for the last fifty years and I got no response from them. My artificial body needs certain synthesized proteins the lab I was left at, couldn’t produce. I tried to keep operating and coming up with a different version of the protein I needed, but my artificial organs really need the protein. So, when my body started hurting and shutting down. I put myself in the medical stasis pod.” Klara had no other choice to do what she did.

“Well, I fixed the protein problem your artificial body needs. I had to replace one of your organs, which is an older model for one of the newer ones. Now, you don’t need to have the protein and barring natural accidents. You’ll live for a very long time.” Dr. Hawkins knew if she gets killed, her body would never die. Even if she didn’t eat anything.

“Can you at least remove whatever neural inhibitor on the back of my neck, please? I am not a threat to you or anyone else.”

“Sorry about that.” Dr, Hawkins reaches behind Klara’s neck and disengages the inhibitor.

“Thank you.” Klara felt better now that she could move.

“How did you end up in an artificial teenage girl body?”

“During an attack from the Draconic Empire. They bombed the research facilities you found me at. I managed to drag my damage body over to the research lab where we had constructed this body. I used the equipment in the lab to transfer my essence into this form. I didn’t wake till hours later and discovered my original body had been sealed inside the medical stasis pod.

I tried to get help, but the Draconic Empire had a strong presence in this system. I tried to work under the radar, but they discover me a few times. So, the last time they attack. They destroyed the pod my real body was kept in.”

“So, now you’re stuck in your current form?” Dr. Hawkins knew someone like Klara.

“Yes, even if I could clone a new body. I’ve been in this body for so long, that I could never transfer back to a normal body.” Klara had already thought about the problem.

Royal Palace Pool Side:
Lisa was laying on her stomach, enjoying the sun and the downtime. She was totally nude, along with her husband lying next to her. The Ailuros people didn’t have a nudity problem. So, Lisa and her husband were taking advantage of the fact they weren’t required to have swimsuits on.

“I love feeling the sun rays.” Lisa glances over towards her husband, who was reading a book.

He found a book he liked in the Royal library and borrowed it to read by the poolside. The book has been tagged with a chip, so it is automatically transported back to the library. Henry was enjoying the time with his wife. He looks over towards her cute behind as she enjoyed the sun.

“You look like a cat that is recharging its battery in the sunlight.”

“Can you blame me? We spend so much time in space, that sometimes I forget what it is like to be planetside.” Lisa turns over, so the front of her body could tan.

Lisa has come to terms with what was done to her so long ago. She could never see herself going through life without Henry by her side. As for the fighters they brought back. They managed to get one up and operational. She took it out and enjoyed every minute of it. If it had its own hyperdrive, it would give it a better advantage.

The engineers aboard the Revenge and Viminacium were working on constructing a new one that had hyper-drive to it. She couldn’t wait till it came off the assembly line.

“Henry, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Lisa looks over towards her husband.

“I figure we would go sailing for the day. The Captain said he didn’t want to see us back on the ship for two weeks.”

“Sounds good to me.” Lisa closes her eyes and enjoys the rest of the day tanning.

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like

Your trying something different