Mole Hunt Chap. 8

Printer-friendly version

Monday, January 15 0800Hrs
Anika and Bart were on their way to work sitting in traffic when they hear a motorcycle speeding their way. The rear windshield on Anika’s Jaguar shatters as bullets hit it and the body of the car. There was a second motorcycle on Bart’s side of the car. Bullets hit the car shattering the rear passenger window.

Anika couldn’t get the car out of traffic as the motorcyclist race by. She leans out and fires her gun at the motorcycle hitting the rear tire. The motorcycle flips as the rear tire explodes. The motorcycle lands right on the rider, pinning them.

Bart leans out and tries to get a shot off at his target but can’t. The rider was weaving in and out between the cars and truck.

“Dam! I can’t get a shot off.” Bart was pissed.

“Well, I got mine.” Anika was already out of the car and running towards the person that was laying on the street pinned by their motorcycle.

As she gets closer, she notices a pool of blood under the body. The motorcycle was laying on whoever the rider was. Anika kneels and takes the helmet off the person. She takes a snapshot of the person and notices that they didn’t have any fingerprints.

Bart pulls the Jaguar up to where she was and gets out. He lifts the motorcycle off the person. Both could hear police sirens coming towards them.

“I think you crushed his ribcage.” Bart puts the kickstand down so the motorcycle would stand on its own.

“I want to know who he is and who sent him to us.” Anika was looking for his gun and finds it.

She takes a pair of gloves out of Bart’s pocket and takes a snapshot of the location of the gun.

She picks it up and looks at it. The serial number has been filed off.

When the police show up. Bart and Anika show their Identification cards. They tell the officers what happened and give them their cell phone numbers.

“You drive Bart.” Anika gets in on the passenger side of the jaguar.

“Okay, you want to head to work or Alexa’s place?” If it was Bart’s choice, he would take the car to Alexa.

“Take the car to Alexa so she can fix the car,” Anika calls Mouse.

Mouse:
The mouse was on her way to work with her mother. When her cell phone starts ringing. She notices that the number was Anika’s.

“Good morning, Anika. What can I do for you?” Mouse was curious why Anika was calling her.

“I need for you to find out who this fellow is when you get in. Bart and I were attacked on the way to headquarters.” Anika sends the picture she took of the guy.

Mouse’s cell phone beeps letting her know she just received a picture. Mouse brings the picture up and looks at it.

“Alright, Anika. I’ll run his face through our database when I get to the office.” Mouse figures it shouldn’t take her long to run his face.

“Thanks, Mouse. I’ll be a little late. I’m dropping the jag off at Alexa to get fix.”

“Alright, I’ll see you in a little while.” Mouse hangs up.

Alexa’s Garage:
Bart drives the damage jaguar to Alexa’s place. When they pull up, they notice Terry and Alexa were looking at the engine on a 2013 Noble M600 Carbon Sport. Terry was wearing a mechanics coveralls. They don’t see the cab anywhere.

Terry and Alexa listen to the engine as it ran. Alexa has been doing some body work on the Noble, while Terry enhanced the motor and suspension of the car. Ever since Alexa approached Terry about having another car like Wraith that blended in with the cars in England. The
two of them have been rebuilding the Noble with all the functions Wraith has.

Alexa did all the body and custom framework. While Terry worked on the engine, enhancing the performance of the engines. She brought the horsepower up to 800 and made it so the car goes from 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. It wasn’t as fast as Wraith, but it could keep up with him. She ordered custom armor rims from the same company she bought Wraiths from. She did replace all the windows with the same windows the cab had. She hasn’t been able to add any weapon systems to the noble.

They turn around when they hear a car pull up behind them. They notice it was Anika’s Jaguar and it was all shot-up.

“What did Anika run into this morning?” Terry walks over to the Jaguar, with Alexa behind him.

Anika and Bart get out of the Jaguar. They watch as Alexa and Terry walk over to them.

“What did you do to your car?” Alexa walks around the car looking at it.

“We were attacked this morning. Two men on motorcycles shoot at us while we were sitting in traffic. I managed to kill one of the riders, but the other one got away.” Anika watches as Alexa examines the car.

Terry looks at Bart “maybe you should take the new car. I haven’t added any weapons yet, but it is bulletproof and has the same capability as Wraith without his weapon systems or the drone I have to build that will be uniquely designed just for the noble.” Terry already had a new design in his head for the new drone.

It was going be faster and go higher then Wraith’s, Spirit. It will also be equipped with a new weapon system. The body of the drone was going to be crystal clear.

“How fast is it?” Bart walks over to look at the Noble.

“It can reach speeds of 230 mph and go 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. All the glass has been replaced with the same glass I’m using in the cab. So, it acts like a solar collector and you can black the windows out for privacy.” Terry knew the extra power will come in handy when he adds the weapon systems.

Anika watches Alexa, while Bart was becoming familiar with Nobel’s systems. She wonders how long it will take Alexa to repair the Jaguar.

“So, how long will it take you to fix the Jag?”

Alexa turns her attention to Anika “you're looking at a weeks’ worth of bodywork. The paint job, you're looking at another week. So, give me two weeks to get your Jaguar fixed.”

“Alright. So, it looks like you and Terry have been busy building a new car.”

Alexa just grins “I figure you guys could use a car that blends in more with the cars over here. Wraith sticks out like a sore thumb. So, Terry and I figure we could build a car like Wraith if you need his firepower. I managed to do some trading with a friend of mine that had that car in his storage yard. The original engine and transmission in it had been damaged. So, Terry and I dropped a new engine and transmission in it. Both, have been enhanced for the higher speeds and for different terrains.”

“Maybe you guys should bulletproof the Jaguar while you’re at it.” Anika looks at her poor Jaguar.

“We still have some materials left over from bulletproofing Noble. The glass, however, I would have to special order.” Alexa knew the glass in the Jaguar would have to be special order.

Anika thinks about it for a second.

“Would it add any more time to the repairs?”

“If I order the glass today. I could have it here, by the time I start painting the car.” Alexa knows it would have to be today.

“Alright, do it. How much do I need to transfer to you?” Anika pulls her cell phone out.

Alexa thinks about it “I could bulletproof your Jaguar for £35,779.73 ($50,000 dollars). That way the whole car would be covered.”

“Do it.” Anika transfers the funds from her private account to Alexa’s business account.

“Okay.” Alexa hears her cell phone chirp letting her know money had been deposit into her account.

Anika walks over and examines noble. Terry puts their bios into the systems, so they will be the only ones to operate it.

“Alright, all done.”

Bart touches the steering wheel and Noble fires up. He likes the feel of the steering wheel.

“Anika, can I speak to you for a second please?” Terry motions for Anika to follow her.

“Sure.” Anika follows Terry deeper into the garage.

“Anika, I think you might want to go and speak with Hatter. She has been hitting the bottle hard. All because she had to kill her old boss for betraying her trust and for almost letting two guys rape Dakota.” Terry was a little worry about Hatter.

Anika knew it took a lot of booze or drugs to affect Hatter, but if she was hitting the bottle. It meant that something was bothering Hatter. She’ll have to stop by and check on Hatter after her and Bart leave MI 5.

“I’ll come by later, after Bart and I get off. Are they still staying in the warehouse?”

“Yep. They haven’t moved.”

“Thanks for telling me.” Anika walks back towards Nobel.

Terry follows behind Anika. She watches as Anika transfers whatever she had in the Jaguar to Noble. She notices that Bart was enjoying some of Noble’s special gadgets.

Anika sits down inside Noble “come on, let’s get to work.”

“Okay.” Bart shuts his door and heads towards MI 5 headquarters.

noble__m600__2011__009_530.jpg


Noble

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos