Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 7

Printer-friendly version

Sister Cavallero watches as the companions of Coyote pull up and park near the convent. Sister Maria was standing with her.

“I wonder who Coyote brought to us this time?” Sister Maria has only been at the convent for a short time. Sometimes, Coyote would bring injured or sick people to the convent to be taken care of.

“I don’t know, but they do look unique.” Sister Cavallero was looking at Terry, Shade, and Hatter as they walked towards them.

“How can we help you?” Sister Maria looks at Terry.

“We were told by one of our companions, that we could seek medical assistant here.” Terry noticed Shade and Hatter had taken up positions where they could attack if need be.

“What medical assistant do you need?” Sister Maria was curious. She noticed Sister Cavallero was curious as well.

“We have a person that were given drugs by her kidnappers and we have done what we can for her. However, if you could look at her and see
if there is anything more that can be done to help her, we would be grateful.” Terry wanted to make sure what they did already was helping the young woman they rescued.

“Bring her inside, so we can look at her.” Sister Cavallero knew how the girl was from Coyote's memories.

“Alright.” Terry looks at Shade “can you give me a hand, please?”

“Sure.”

Shade and Terry head back to Rhino and walk inside. They make sure the young woman they rescued is strapped down on the stretcher before carrying her outside.

Hatter looks at the two nuns, while Terry and Shade were inside Rhino getting the girl they rescued. Something didn’t seem right to her about them. She has met nuns before, and they never acted like these two.

“How long have you two been nuns?” Hatter was curious about these two.

“At least six years for myself and I know Sister Cavallero at four years.” When Sister Maria and the rest of her companions came down. They had to create backgrounds for each of them.

That way if the Brazilian government or any South American government checked them out. They would find out that they were real Nuns. Don Juan had friends in the Catholic Church that would confirm they were part of the church.

When Sister Maria and Sister Cavallero spot Terry and Shade walking towards them with a young teenage girl on a stretcher. They lead them through the old convent to the medical clinic.

Terry and Shade set the stretcher down on the examination table and remove the straps holding the girl on it. Shade lifts the girl, while Terry removes the stretcher.

“Alright, you three out of here.” Sister Maria shoos Hatter, Terry, and Shade out of the clinic.

Hatter gives Sister Maria a look. She didn’t like being told to do something, except by people she trusted. However, she’ll cut Sister Maria some slack as she follows Shade out of the clinic.

“So, where did Coyote disappear too?” Hatter looks at Terry for an answer, since he was awake when Coyote had left.

“Don’t know. He only said he would come here to alert the convent that we were coming and needed medical assistant.” Terry was wondering where Coyote disappeared too as well.

“So, he leaves the vehicle and heads here? So, where is he now?” Hatter looks around her and all she sees are other nuns and some citizens from the nearby village.

Shade walks over to Aylin and takes her hand “just let it go, sweetie. He’ll join us again when we leave here.”

Aylin looks at Shade “I just want to know where he is and why he couldn’t have just stayed with us until we got here.”

“Well, next time he shows up, why don’t you ask him?” Shade wonders why Aylin was so concerned about Coyote.

Medical Clinic:
Sister Maria checks the teenage girl over. She wishes she knew what drugged they used to keep her high. If she was held by the cartel, she figures they gave her cocaine.

“Sister Cavallero, can you hand me that vial of Labetalol, please?” Sister Maria was going to give the young lady a small shot of labetalol and hope it helps her.

Sister Cavallero picks the vial up and a needle as well and hands it to Sister Maria.

“Here, you go.” As she places the items in Sister Maria’s outstretched hand.

“Thank you.” Sister Maria measures out the doses and plucks the needle to get the air bubble out.

Sister Cavallero watches as Sister Maria injects the chemical into the young woman’s body. She watches as the young woman starts to come around. A smile appears on both Sister’s faces.

“She’ll need some time to recover before they can leave.” Sister Maria wanted to give the young lady time for her body to flush everything out of it.

“Do you want to tell them or should I?” Sister Cavallero looks at Sister Maria to see what she wanted to do.

“I’ll tell them, Sister Cavallero.” Sister Maria was surprised when they got here that Sister Cavallero was the only nun here at the convent.

Outside the Convent:
Hatter was staying close to Shade as they walked around the place. It looked like someone had planted a garden. Not just vegetables, but different types of flowers and fruits as well.

Shade looks at Aylin and could tell she was alert. Normally, a setting like this garden was, relaxes her. Aylin loved gardens and the colors they had. She also liked butterflies, which struck Shade as unusual. He knew Aylin didn’t like lightening that much. It reminded her of the electrical experiments the doctor did too her.

Shade also learned that Aylin’s senses were enhanced. They were more like a blind person’s senses.

“Aylin, gardens normally calm you down. Why are you so on edge?”

“Because I want to know what Coyote’s deal is with this place and why he is so secretive about himself?”

“Maybe he doesn’t trust people. It took me a while to learn about you. What you like and dislike and why you sometimes need drugs or large
amounts of alcohol.” Shade did a lot of research on why Aylin needed drugs at times and why she drunk large amounts of alcohol.

Sister Maria comes walking outside and spotted Terry talking on a cellphone. She knew the cell reception in this area sucked unless they used their own. She wonders how he was doing it.

She walks up to Terry and waits until he was done on the cellphone. She wonders what his job was in the group.

“Bye, sweetie.” Terry finishes his call to Dakota. He looks towards Sister Maria.

“How is she doing?”

“She’s going to need some time to recover and flush the drugs out of her system.”

“Which should take how long?” Terry wishes they brought Elizabeth with them. She was a doctor.

“At least a day or two. They pumped a lot of drugs into her system and she’ll need time to recover. You and your crew are safe here. You’re
welcome to stay in the guest room in the convent or your beast over there.” Sister Maria points towards it.

“Thank you. I’ll need to inform our client.”

“Alright.” Sister Maria turns to leave.

Terry dials their contact to let him know they will be delayed, for at least two days. Informs the person, their daughter needs the time to flush the drugs in her system out.

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Flushing the drugs are one thing

Samantha Heart's picture

But fighting the adiction (if there is any) is a WHOLE other ball game. THAT can thake MONTH or YEARS & the psychological aspect of things too.... its going to be a LONG LONG road to recovery.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Depends

It all depends on the capabilities of this counteragent they are using. It may suppress the withdrawal effects to a large degree. Or it may not. Ask LadyDragon623.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Labetalol

Is a high blood pressure medication. No use as a counter-agent for cocaine or any other drug is indicated. For opioid overdoses the current drug of choice is naloxone, carried in many ambulances and also by some police agencies.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive