Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 16 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Terry’s Garage, New York:
Dakota and Ralph were busy opening the shop for business. Since Terry normally opened the shop in the morning. Now it fell upon Ralph and Dakota to open the shop.

Ralph walks into the office and spots Dakota fixing a pot of coffee. He knew Dakota and several guys including himself enjoyed fresh coffee first thing in the morning.

“Ah, fresh-brewed coffee. Nectar of the gods.”

“I hope you like it. I’m trying a new blend.” Dakota decided to try a different blend of coffee than she normally buys.

“Well, whatever it is, it smells nice.” Ralph had inhaled the scent coming from the coffee.

Dakota sits down at her desk and logs onto her computer system. She couldn’t wait for Terry to come back. She checks the emails waiting for her to answer.

Once the coffee is ready, Ralph pours himself a cup. He puts a cap on the coffee cup and heads out to start on the customer car first on the list.

Lisa’s Eighteen-Wheeler:
Terry couldn’t believe that they were only an hour out from his garage. The past three days have been relaxing. He could have driven Lisa’s truck and let her get some rest, but she didn’t like anyone driving her truck, which he could understand. He didn’t like anyone driving his vehicles either.

Hatter and Shade had taken their motorcycles out a few times during the trip. Hatter had sped past a couple of State Troopers that had set up a speed trap. She didn’t bother to stop for them and let them chase after her. She didn’t have her paintball gun with her, but she did have her needler with her. So, she shot the tires out a few times.

Shade couldn’t believe what Hatter had done to the few State Troopers that were dumb enough to chase after her. He had one State Trooper chase after him because he mistook him for Hatter. He easily lost him and managed to get back onto Rhino.

He holds Aylin as they sat on the sofa in the extended cab. The two of them planned on visiting their friends and afterward, heading towards their favorite pizza joint.

“Are you happy we're back in New York?”

“Yes. South America was nice, but I’m happy to be back home.” Aylin couldn’t wait to see her friends.

“Well, according to Lisa and Terry we should be home in about an hour.” Shade places a kiss on Aylin’s cheek.

“Good.” Aylin leans back against Shade.

“Oh, come on you morons. Do you have to rubberneck?” Lisa couldn’t believe that they ran into a back-up because people were rubbernecking to look at the three accidents.

Terry just smirks at Lisa’s comment. He glances over towards her “I figure you would have more patience.”

“Normally, I do. I run into this type of stupidity all the time. Today, however, I just don’t understand why people must rubberneck. If you have seen one accident, you have seen them all.”

“I agree, it doesn’t do any good rubbernecking just to see who or what vehicles got damage.” Terry hated rubbernecking as well.

Lisa spots the street she needs to turn down. It was big enough for her truck.

“I’m glad this street is wide enough for me.”

“If it wasn’t, we could have come in off another route to my shop. Just back the trailer into the storage lot and I’ll move it later.”

Ralph spots a nice-looking eighteen-wheeler coming down the street. He notices it was heading towards the storage lot. He rushes over to the gate and opens it. Luckily, there wasn’t anything in the way.

Lisa swing her truck forward enough and line the trailer with Rhino on it with the entrance of the gate. She backs up until the trailer is inside the fence.

“That should do it.” Lisa stops her truck.

Terry hops out of the truck and knocks on the extended cab to let Shade and Hatter know they were home as he walks by. He starts securing the trailer and disconnecting the trailer lines from Lisa’s truck. He makes sure that the special travel trailer for Rhino is secured.

“Alright, Lisa. You can pull forward.”

Lisa pulls forward and lets the trailer slide off the hitch. She turns to face up the street and park in front of the garage. She gets out and walks back to where Aylin, Shade, and Terry were standing. A young man was standing there with them.

“It’s good you’re back, boss.” Ralph was happy Terry was back.

“Hey, Ralph. Do you have a car I can borrow?” Shade looks at Ralph.

“Give them the keys to the Fusion in the back, Ralph.” Terry trusted Shade with one of his loaners.

“Okay, boss.” Ralph turns to head towards the office.

Lisa passes Ralph on her way towards Terry. She was curious why she dropped the trailer here at a garage.

“Well, it was nice transporting you and your team, Terry.”

“Where will you go from here?” Terry was curious.

“I’m to deadhead to the Eastern hub from here. There’s supposed to be a load coming in for me.” Lisa has already received her next assignment.

“Well, good luck and safe journey, Lisa.” Terry walks over and shakes Lisa’s hand.

Lisa shakes Terry’s hand. A smile appears on her face.

“If you ever need help, you know how to get in touch with me.”

“I promise.” Lisa waves goodbye and head towards the cab of her truck.

After Lisa gets in her truck and drives off. Aylin and Shade leave as well. Terry does one more check on Rhino’s trailer, before heading into the office to see and hug Dakota.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This was an exciting

Samantha Heart's picture

Story. Hatter vs the cops. Hatter 10 cops 0 lol. Hatter vs Border Patrol Hatter 6 border patrol 0 both Final scores lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.